Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:44:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin better or paypal?  (Read 281168 times)
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 01:08:50 AM

Bitcoin is definitely better than Paypal. You can't get fucked in the ass with Bitcoin, but you most likely will experience that feeling with Paypal, at least once or even twice in your life.
you are right a large number of people have faced a number of issues with the use of paypal and they felt like slaves of them in their own money but now with bitcoin they feel freedom.

As long as you don't try to do something which is against to their terms then I don't think Paypal is an issue for anyone. But it has given so much secured environment for buyers to buy online from an unknown person without much worry. I'm using them for more than 10 years but never had any issues with them but I do agree that for sellers they charge higher side fee but for buyers it is very good.
For some people it is a better service and for some people it is a bad service for those who are claiming it as a good service is because they do not have faced any lost of their funds because of paypal and those who lost their funds in paypal because of getting frozen their accounts are claiming it as bad. That was all about paypal while there is no one who is against bitcoin only those who do not have adopted it yet.

If I'm not wrong, whoever claiming that their funds are frozen surely some of their terms they might not have followed. If not why they need to freeze the accounts? Either those guys are not able to prove that account belongs them or some they might have received funds from troubled accounts so they may ask for more clarifications until that they will freeze the accounts. But I never faced this issue with PayPal. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
delliaerd

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 01:39:22 AM

Your bitcoin wallet can't freeze your funds because someone is investigating "something" they never say what really is, related to you like Paypal does.

Because no one controls your Bitcoin wallet besides you.  Wink
Yes Agree with that, the One who can control your bitcoin is you. A lot of strict rule in paypal that make us uncomfortable of using it. so I think bitcoin is better than paypal, we Get a lot of advantage of using bitcoin such as the ease transaction and the anonimity.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 02:41:47 AM

Your bitcoin wallet can't freeze your funds because someone is investigating "something" they never say what really is, related to you like Paypal does.

Because no one controls your Bitcoin wallet besides you.  Wink
Yes Agree with that, the One who can control your bitcoin is you. A lot of strict rule in paypal that make us uncomfortable of using it. so I think bitcoin is better than paypal, we Get a lot of advantage of using bitcoin such as the ease transaction and the anonimity.
In paypal, they need your personal information while in bitcoin they don't need your personal information, bitcoin just need your bitcoin address. In paypal they have high fees that can make you annoyed when doing a lot of transactions while in bitcoin, the fees are very flexible and you can adjust it based in the time frame that you like when making a transaction. In just those two characteristics, I can say that bitcoin is better because it is anonymous and it is lower and more affordable than paypal in making transactions.
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 03:05:12 AM

Because no one controls your Bitcoin wallet besides you.  Wink
In paypal, they need your personal information while in bitcoin they don't need your personal information, bitcoin just need your bitcoin address. In paypal they have high fees that can make you annoyed when doing a lot of transactions while in bitcoin, the fees are very flexible and you can adjust it based in the time frame that you like when making a transaction. In just those two characteristics, I can say that bitcoin is better because it is anonymous and it is lower and more affordable than paypal in making transactions.

Other than that its decentralized and not limited on one currency or country. I mean in PayPal before its only convertible to USD and some countries were not supported with PayPal and needs lot of information also a credit card which I don't have,unlike in bitcoin we can convert it on our currency and does not provide lots of details about us. Definitely Bitcoin is much better than PayPal that I tried to use before.

ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 03:18:41 AM

Because no one controls your Bitcoin wallet besides you.  Wink
Anonymity is just a part of the bitcoin's feature that serves as an added advantage. PayPal is an transaction portal for all sorts of requirements. Business people most of the time make use of PayPal and for high volume transactions bitcoin is preferred.
Oo ako to

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 01:09:13 AM

Bitcoin is much better than paypal as bitcoin is accepted worldwide and it is a currency for world wide and a payment system for all over the world , while paypal is a payment system limited to some countries. So businesses with bitcoin are accessible all over the world while those businesses with paypal are only accessible to those countries where paypal is allowed.
Mvaporis1961

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 01:44:13 AM

I have been told that don't accept payments via paypal, is that right?
Because when buyer will have his bitcoins then he can claim back money from paypal by saying that i haven't received desired product.
By this time my answer is still no even do i support bitcoins.Im a paypal user also and i feel more fast transaction and hassle  free shopping using my paypal account online since most of market only are already accepts paypal payments unlike bitcoins where you can use it in just selected sites.
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 08:16:53 AM

Bitcoin is much better than paypal as bitcoin is accepted worldwide and it is a currency for world wide and a payment system for all over the world , while paypal is a payment system limited to some countries. So businesses with bitcoin are accessible all over the world while those businesses with paypal are only accessible to those countries where paypal is allowed.

Not really yet accepted and spread evenly , bitcoin still in growth phase.
But i do admit since know bitcoin i am no longer use paypal to do online payment.
A lot of benefit i have received by using bitcoin , and feel really in financial freedom compared to paypal or any other payment processor
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 678

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 09:22:52 AM

I don't want to give my judgement right now, it is still too early to say that bitcoin is better than PayPal, though we can see that it is flexible and many are loving to use it. But because of popularity and PayPal already built trust from the community and it made a lot of transactions from offshore that made us to send and receive money worldwide and transfer it to our bank and many are still relying on them, though bitcoin is doing the same thing.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 09:43:17 AM

You are pretty short sighted.

PayPal enjoys a massive level of merchant adoption throughout most countries in the world - Bitcoin by far not.

PayPal users can buy goods from these merchants without having to pay a single penny in transaction costs - with Bitcoin you'll need to add a well sized fee.

PayPal users enjoy buyers protection - which isn't the case with Bitcoin, although such a service could be offered through a third party eventually.

PayPal users can transact instantly and free with friends, family, etc - with Bitcoin you'll be forced to include a fee, or you'll risk seeing your transaction drop after a day or two.

If you take these points into consideration, then one thing becomes obviously clear; PayPal offers a great level of usability.
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 10:24:42 AM

There is no comparison between bitcoin and paypal. Its like you are comparing the vacant land and ready possession flat. Bitcoin with the features and no return back once send make it more competitive. With the growing presence across countries this has show as one of the best asset class among all financial instrument last year in term of return. Does paypal gives such returns?
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 11:54:51 AM

I don't want to give my judgement right now, it is still too early to say that bitcoin is better than PayPal, though we can see that it is flexible and many are loving to use it. But because of popularity and PayPal already built trust from the community and it made a lot of transactions from offshore that made us to send and receive money worldwide and transfer it to our bank and many are still relying on them, though bitcoin is doing the same thing.
Paypal is the old source, and it has already built a good reputation in users heart, Before this Bitcoin that is the only easy solution to do the transaction, But now Bitcoin slowly acquiring Paypal place in online marketing. More people are showing interest on this digital currency because it is easy to use compare PayPal and transaction fee also bit low and without showing identity, we can do the transaction.
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 12:24:41 PM

Paypal is the old source, and it has already built a good reputation in users heart, Before this Bitcoin that is the only easy solution to do the transaction, But now Bitcoin slowly acquiring Paypal place in online marketing. More people are showing interest on this digital currency because it is easy to use compare PayPal and transaction fee also bit low and without showing identity, we can do the transaction.

Not only this options but the major option is no one can scam and the transaction are not reversible like in Paypal if the products purchase claims the transaction as fraud and gets his fund reversed through transaction reversal policy through which lot of scammers are cheating with the individual users. In bitcoin once the transaction is finished you cannot reverse it. This is also a good security option for both parties
iad_xo

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 05:47:07 PM

how this going to work with merchant who cheat and ship wrong product if you paid via BTC?
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 11:15:09 PM

There is no comparison between bitcoin and paypal. Its like you are comparing the vacant land and ready possession flat. Bitcoin with the features and no return back once send make it more competitive. With the growing presence across countries this has show as one of the best asset class among all financial instrument last year in term of return. Does paypal gives such returns?

You state that there isn't a comparison between PayPal and Bitcoin, but yet you compare how Bitcoin has been performing price wise, with something that is just a platform, PayPal. PayPal doesn't give any returns since it functions only as a platform that allows people to transact with fiat as main tool. Only real comparison between Bitcoin and PayPal is how both perform when it comes to purchasing stuff and transacting with the outside world. That's really it.
Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 08:57:33 AM

yes, there are many advantages and disadvantages of paypal and bitcoin, paypal has been accepted in many countries and are used by Internet users to the transaction, it means that paypal is good in the eyes of Internet users, but I think the paypal little complicated, you must have credit card for verification, have the account balance limit, and the process is a bit long ..so I think bitcoin is a solution, or a way that is easier to do than paypal, although bitcoin has not been recognized in other countries, but bitcoin is very simple, quick process, and can be used all ages, therefore I chose bitcoin. so I can not say which one is better, but I can only say, bitcoin is present as a solution or other options from paypal ... if bitcoin is legal, and recognized all countries, I would say the best bitcoin..so, bitcoin or paypal, both have advantages and disadvantages...it is my opinion.
wahb

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 11:29:25 AM

i think it was the only option when bitcoin was not introduce. and therefore people were using it, now bitcoin has been introduce and those people who know about bitcoin they are giving preference to bitcoin as bitcoin is a universal currency and is present everywhere in the world.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 12:34:26 PM

bitcoin much better than paypal. but in some parts we recognize that paypal has nicer features, look like for security from crime then paypal has better things.
Jewell

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 01:00:08 PM

bitcoin much better than paypal. but in some parts we recognize that paypal has nicer features, look like for security from crime then paypal has better things.
yes it can have some good feathers also but over all bitcoin is best as compare to paypal. bitcoin is present in all over the world while the paypal service is limited and in most of the area paypal is not present.
samcoin

Activity: 1358
Merit: 582

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 01:06:01 PM

yes it can have some good feathers also but over all bitcoin is best as compare to paypal. bitcoin is present in all over the world while the paypal service is limited and in most of the area paypal is not present.
That what makes bitcoin popular in some Asian and African countries which are restricted by paypal, bitcoin is the best solution to work and earn money online, and it gets increasing adoption there.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
[/center
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: