Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:19:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin better or paypal?  (Read 281175 times)
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 12:07:31 PM

PayPal is great for buyers with bad intentions. Beside that, using PayPal is like you are extorting yourself by paying high fees. It just doesn't make sense. Bitcoin is better in every aspect. With Bitcoin you as seller are also protected. No one can charge back on you.

i think it depends because these two have their own advantages and disadvantages.  it also depends on the transactions that we are going to do. just a kind reminder, we have to be careful of scammers and fradaulent transactions.
Absolutely every service must have its own advantages and disadvantages. There is currently no service that is really perfect. One of the current weaknesses of bitcoin is that it is easy to use for criminal activities because all transactions are so easily manipulated by making multiple wallet addresses.

Yes, there is absolutely no perfect service. Bitcoin and PayPal have their advantages and disadvantages, just everyone chooses something that suits him better.

Paypal is a bit better in security wise, and we will get support from PayPal any issues we found in the transaction. But this facility not there in Bitcoin. Other than this both have their owned advantage and disadvantages which one suit for your business you can choose it. Before I use PayPal to get my online payment. But now I am using both I am ready to accept my payment in Bitcoin and PayPal.
eng_ali_amer

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 09:12:50 PM

paypal already became an old fashoin method to pay
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 07:00:55 AM

I choose bitcoin its easy to use and lower fees but the minus is not many online shop who receive bitcoin in here

I do use bitcoin as investment and ways to make money online and PayPal to buy thinks online. Though I prefer using bitcoin compared to PayPal just that bitcoin has limited acceptability coverage compare to PayPal. PayPal is acceptable in also all the online stores but very few accept bitcoin.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 03:55:02 PM

I choose bitcoin its easy to use and lower fees but the minus is not many online shop who receive bitcoin in here

I do use bitcoin as investment and ways to make money online and PayPal to buy thinks online. Though I prefer using bitcoin compared to PayPal just that bitcoin has limited acceptability coverage compare to PayPal. PayPal is acceptable in also all the online stores but very few accept bitcoin.
yes it is very good profitable investment no doubt about this but i think it is also very convenient to use bitcoin for online shopping, because now we can see that most of the big online shops also accept bitcoin for online shopping, i think now the trend is also changing as now most of the people are using bitcoin for online shopping as well as it is now also using in some places in offline shops also.
Labumi

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 07:22:21 PM

Although a minus but that is not an impediment, as I'm sure everyone know them that any advantage in the bitcoin is a victory for everyone. An example is a person who makes sure will have color or yellow eggs still applies and has no steps or gestures that are quite long. But at least if made while on duty jongkak. be someone who became a pioneer then everything will give you the advantage of a constituent

Luigi21

Activity: 644
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 07:38:37 PM

I think that bitcoin is better than PayPal, because it is illimited, you can hold all the bitcoin that you wish

╔══════╗
zenfuze
╚══════╝
REVOLUTIONARY TRADING PLATFORM
[  The ultimate solution for cryptocurrency trading  ]
[    with built-in connectivity  to major exchanges    ]
████████████████████
████████████████████
████▀█████▀  ▀▀▀████
████   ▀▀      █████
████▄         ██████
█████▄       ███████
██▄      ▄▄█████████
████████████████████
████████████████████

████████████████████
████████████████████
████  ██████████████
████▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████  ███  ▄▄▄  ████
████  ███  ███  ████
████  ███  ███  ████
████████████████████
████████████████████

Zenfuse is developed to
REVOLUTIONIZE
your trading experience
╔══════╗
trading
╚══════╝
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 11:19:44 AM

With the advent of bitcoin, Paypal began to lose popularity. Although this is a payment system, not a currency, and comparing it is not entirely correct, but bitcoin is much better, especially because of anonymity.
Yes you are right that more people are using bitcoin now but you should also know this the people who use PayPal instead of bitcoin are mostly not aware of bitcoin. But 95% of bitcoin users are fully aware of paypal. It will surely take time for bitcoin but using both is best option for now.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 11:52:12 AM

Old is Gold, you haven't heard that? Paypal is a very old method of payment. but still paypal is primary payment source of millions of peoples and thousands of online companies and marketplaces.
frompz_

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 11:54:56 AM

everyone knows that bitcoins are better for lot reasons
aTriz

Activity: 1232
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 02:16:06 PM

Old is Gold, you haven't heard that? Paypal is a very old method of payment. but still paypal is primary payment source of millions of peoples and thousands of online companies and marketplaces.
That is right, "old is gold" rule works in this case, because Paypal is pretty much used worldwide, it is fairly easy in use and very transparent.
Also, you cannot suffer from any kind of scams, because paypal is a legit company which is responsible on every transaction. If something will go wrong, you can always make a complaint and retrieve your money lost due to some kind of an issue.

That doesn't work with bitcoin because it is decentralized, and this block size plus the amount of btc needed for fee is too high to even consider bitcoin is better than paypal.

ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 02:16:57 PM

can you please be more specific and explain those reasons? I know lots of good things about bitcoin and I like bitcoin. but other people also should know them. so if you thing bitcoin is better than paypal for lot of reasons than you must explain some of those reasons.
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 10:50:48 PM

I don't think both of them can be compared, as paypal is a service - a mediator which transacts on your behalf through your bank account, card or loaded funds where Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency - a currency itself. Still, Bitcoin has more chances of getting accepted and used widespread as its fee is least compared to any services online or offline for monetary transfers whether domestic or international.

Smart. Bitcoin has PayPal and also different places, and also a bitcoin/bitcoin has a market or markets. So the comparison is definitely not going to have a point of excellence of each of these currencies. Because of all the systems, services, service, and also loans that they have many shortcomings or can even complement each other (if do want to unite will be far more profitable). It all just depends on how to use it, if it could use it properly then the profit will always be obtained

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 11:24:41 PM

can you please be more specific and explain those reasons? I know lots of good things about bitcoin and I like bitcoin. but other people also should know them. so if you thing bitcoin is better than paypal for lot of reasons than you must explain some of those reasons.

There's no need for specification about it, if you are a bitcoin user/investor/holder you know those things where bitcoin is excelling against PayPal. Decentralization, confirmation, fees and almost all features of bitcoin is something that can have no match to compare with PayPal. We know all about it if you are into it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 01:01:56 AM

As the statement, so is the reality. PayPal is a old system that evolved to fulfil the transaction needs of people all around with much ease. Now the technology it follows is overcome by bitcoin but the trust and the convenience provided by the same make people think PayPal to be their primary transaction partner.
tz

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 01:06:13 AM

It definitely is.

However bitcoin is gaining traction and i wouldn't be shocked at all if I could time travel into the future, say 10-20 years that Paypal has been completely eliminated by decentralized alternatives like bitcoin and Ethereum.

Right now people don't know about bitcoin and Ethereum yet.

It'll have a breakout year soon, maybe 2020 when block halving happens again Smiley There is just so much in bitcoin that paypal can never have, decentralization, store of value, trustless transactions, etc.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 01:37:11 AM

Paypal is different from gold. Gold is a valuable item in the world, the existence of gold is recognized starting traditionally to the modern era. While paypal is a kind of payment that can be replaced by other payment media. We see Western union is now beginning to lose its prestige.
BlackBaron

Activity: 643
Merit: 263

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 02:32:57 AM

Paypal is different from gold. Gold is a valuable item in the world, the existence of gold is recognized starting traditionally to the modern era. While paypal is a kind of payment that can be replaced by other payment media. We see Western union is now beginning to lose its prestige.
Lol dude he is not talking about gold, did not you ever heard a word "old is gold"?
well in my opinion paypal is still dominate nowdays cause yes paypal is old so it is more popular than bitcoin which is still new but soon in the future bitcoin will lead

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

Raven91

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 01:12:05 PM

Lol dude he is not talking about gold, did not you ever heard a word "old is gold"?
well in my opinion paypal is still dominate nowdays cause yes paypal is old so it is more popular than bitcoin which is still new but soon in the future bitcoin will lead
Certainly. It's not impossible to happen although fiat money transactions is quite bigger than crypto currency transactions. People that trades fiat money are dealing with bitcoin for less taxes, faster transactions, and anonimity of their money.
Jrock

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 03:54:23 PM

Certainly. It's not impossible to happen although fiat money transactions is quite bigger than crypto currency transactions. People that trades fiat money are dealing with bitcoin for less taxes, faster transactions, and anonimity of their money.

Faster transactions have become history in bitcoins now as all the transactions are taking too long for confirmation and that is creating an issue in the minds of people and if continues then many people will drop idea of using bitcoins.

Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 05:25:52 PM

Faster transactions have become history in bitcoins now as all the transactions are taking too long for confirmation and that is creating an issue in the minds of people and if continues then many people will drop idea of using bitcoins.
Although like that, I feel that bitcoin is still better than paypal. In terms of profit, bitcoin is much easier to get from on paypal. Moreover in terms of verification, paypal has very strict rules with it, even makes people uncomfortable.
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: