Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:35:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin better or paypal?  (Read 281173 times)
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 08:44:18 PM

I have been told that don't accept payments via paypal, is that right?
Because when buyer will have his bitcoins then he can claim back money from paypal by saying that i haven't received desired product.
When it comes to stability Paypal was the first one who got being established as mode of payment online. But when  bitcoin was being created by mr. Nakamoto Satoshi, afters a years bitcoin became a good impact for the bitcoin users until times that it surpassed the the capacity of Paypal, and most of Paypal client customers was transfered into bitcoin as payment online.  and not only that it can also be use a money transfer, very safe and fast and low fee of charge for every transaction.
MB boss

Activity: 169
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 10:00:37 PM

paypal already became an old fashoin method to pay
Old is Gold, you haven't heard that? Paypal is a very old method of payment. but still paypal is primary payment source of millions of peoples and thousands of online companies and marketplaces.
But when the question of bitcoin come to front then people also do not care for gold and they want bitcoin because the benefits of bitcoin are more higher than any other payment processor and many people are using paypal because on these places bitcoin is not currently available.
Wowcoin

Activity: 910
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 10:50:24 PM

Old is Gold, you haven't heard that? Paypal is a very old method of payment. but still paypal is primary payment source of millions of peoples and thousands of online companies and marketplaces.
Paypal is different from gold. Gold is a valuable item in the world, the existence of gold is recognized starting traditionally to the modern era. While paypal is a kind of payment that can be replaced by other payment media. We see Western union is now beginning to lose its prestige.
Lol dude he is not talking about gold, did not you ever heard a word "old is gold"?
well in my opinion paypal is still dominate nowdays cause yes paypal is old so it is more popular than bitcoin which is still new but soon in the future bitcoin will lead
Certainly. It's not impossible to happen although fiat money transactions is quite bigger than crypto currency transactions. People that trades fiat money are dealing with bitcoin for less taxes, faster transactions, and anonimity of their money.

Faster transactions have become history in bitcoins now as all the transactions are taking too long for confirmation and that is creating an issue in the minds of people and if continues then many people will drop idea of using bitcoins.
Although like that, I feel that bitcoin is still better than paypal. In terms of profit, bitcoin is much easier to get from on paypal. Moreover in terms of verification, paypal has very strict rules with it, even makes people uncomfortable.
Me too i'm very comfortable to used bitcoin than paypal and its easy to used bitcoin. And if you used paypal you need a bank account to verify but in bitcoin only email need. And i think much safer bitcoin than paypal for big transation.
phaddie

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 01:24:44 AM

Paypal is different from gold. Gold is a valuable item in the world, the existence of gold is recognized starting traditionally to the modern era. While paypal is a kind of payment that can be replaced by other payment media. We see Western union is now beginning to lose its prestige.
Lol dude he is not talking about gold, did not you ever heard a word "old is gold"?
well in my opinion paypal is still dominate nowdays cause yes paypal is old so it is more popular than bitcoin which is still new but soon in the future bitcoin will lead
Certainly. It's not impossible to happen although fiat money transactions is quite bigger than crypto currency transactions. People that trades fiat money are dealing with bitcoin for less taxes, faster transactions, and anonimity of their money.

Faster transactions have become history in bitcoins now as all the transactions are taking too long for confirmation and that is creating an issue in the minds of people and if continues then many people will drop idea of using bitcoins.
Although like that, I feel that bitcoin is still better than paypal. In terms of profit, bitcoin is much easier to get from on paypal. Moreover in terms of verification, paypal has very strict rules with it, even makes people uncomfortable.
Me too i'm very comfortable to used bitcoin than paypal and its easy to used bitcoin. And if you used paypal you need a bank account to verify but in bitcoin only email need. And i think much safer bitcoin than paypal for big transation.

Using Paypal is complicated and time consuming too as it take long to create an account and get verified and that is really boring process but with bitcoin you can send or receive money instantly without any hassle and that makes bitcoin better then Paypal.
Maslate

Activity: 3010
Merit: 687

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 01:29:04 AM

But when the question of bitcoin come to front then people also do not care for gold and they want bitcoin because the benefits of bitcoin are more higher than any other payment processor and many people are using paypal because on these places bitcoin is not currently available.
No question, paypal is more popular now as banks are accepting it and they recognize, they are also license and follow
the rules of the government, like the KYC thing or related laws.. In bitcoin we do not follow any rules, we are free to do transactions anytime.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Phyton76

Activity: 504
Merit: 268

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 02:42:32 AM

I have been told that don't accept payments via paypal, is that right?
Because when buyer will have his bitcoins then he can claim back money from paypal by saying that i haven't received desired product.
But by bit, foreign exchange are embracing bitcoin to use for tradinf/cash out since bitcoin's serivce is quite better than paypal and easier to use at the same time.
fullypak
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 03:37:16 PM

No question, paypal is more popular now as banks are accepting it and they recognize, they are also license and follow
the rules of the government, like the KYC thing or related laws.. In bitcoin we do not follow any rules, we are free to do transactions anytime.
Paypal is not popular, but it is safer than Bitcoin trasaction. Yes, they are following govt rules and conditions, and I think they will pay tax to govt. So it is legal in all country. Bitcoin transaction will not give any revenue to govt that is why it is still illegal currency. But if you see the transaction fees and time Bitcoin is far better than Paypal.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 07:47:15 PM

everyone knows that bitcoins are better for lot reasons
can you please be more specific and explain those reasons? I know lots of good things about bitcoin and I like bitcoin. but other people also should know them. so if you thing bitcoin is better than paypal for lot of reasons than you must explain some of those reasons.
if you're about to using bitcoin then you already know what kind of specific bitcoin had. Im not agree with frompz bitcoin is will be for investments only and any kind of activity that it will involves bitcoin while paypal is far away from bitcoin.

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 09:51:25 PM

can you please be more specific and explain those reasons? I know lots of good things about bitcoin and I like bitcoin. but other people also should know them. so if you thing bitcoin is better than paypal for lot of reasons than you must explain some of those reasons.
if you're about to using bitcoin then you already know what kind of specific bitcoin had. Im not agree with frompz bitcoin is will be for investments only and any kind of activity that it will involves bitcoin while paypal is far away from bitcoin.

PayPal is nothing more than a payment platform. It doesn't make any sense for people to mention the investment aspect of Bitcoin in a direct comparison. The only possible comparison between the 2 options will have to do with conducting payments in all sorts of forms, and nothing more. If you purely focus on that, it will give PayPal the advantage as it offers a better payment solution than Bitcoin right now.
pyata4ok

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 08:50:35 AM

PayPal is nothing more than a payment platform. It doesn't make any sense for people to mention the investment aspect of Bitcoin in a direct comparison. The only possible comparison between the 2 options will have to do with conducting payments in all sorts of forms, and nothing more. If you purely focus on that, it will give PayPal the advantage as it offers a better payment solution than Bitcoin right now.

Comparing them is not entirely correct. I use PayPal for some payments on the Internet, but that does not stop me from investing in bitcoin. Both systems are useful to me.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 08:58:16 AM

Comparing them is not entirely correct. I use PayPal for some payments on the Internet, but that does not stop me from investing in bitcoin. Both systems are useful to me.
Well that's true, and not all paypal user's accounts encountered an issue of being locked up or whatever they faced. I use paypal also for shopping online for those websites that doesn't accept bitcoin (as of now,and I hope they will accept it also soon). And I use bitcoin also for different purpose so there's no need to compare them both.
Apened

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 09:48:22 AM

Yes , there is nothing in sense if we compared those two payment or system methods .If we only see and use it both for advanatge of use it will be worth but if we keep on finding the difference its nothing at all i think we are just wasting of time on it.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 10:43:00 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2017, 06:47:23 PM by Victorycoin

I agree with your that on a broad perspective, comparison of Bitcoin with Paypal is baseless because they were mot hewed from the sane stone and neither are their outlooks one and same. At best, Paypal is just one aspect of the many things Bitcoin is, so beyond both being payment systems, they are actually two different worlds.
yatogami

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

bvo.trybravo.com

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 11:00:55 AM

i choose bitcoin than paypal, bitcoin is freedom in internet but i love paypal too, i use paypal since 2012 and receiving any payment with that before i know bitcoin in 2014.

#minexcoin.com

Fireblade

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 09:00:45 PM

Well that's true, and not all paypal user's accounts encountered an issue of being locked up or whatever they faced. I use paypal also for shopping online for those websites that doesn't accept bitcoin (as of now,and I hope they will accept it also soon). And I use bitcoin also for different purpose so there's no need to compare them both.
but to me i think in present time, there may be a few online shops who are no accepting bitcoin otherwise all the big online shops are accepting bitcoin. even there are some physical shops who are also accepting bitcoin for shopping. but i think still in most of the area people do not have such facilities that to use bitcoin for shopping in their local shops. but hope that in future all the people of the world will  be able to use bitcoin both for online as well as for shopping in physical shops.
digitalmonster28

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 09:34:25 PM

Of course that depends on what you plan to do with it.
PayPal is very widely accepted, which is a huge benefit, but they have quite high fees and their security system can be a nightmare.

BTC on the other hand is quick and has low fees, but can be complicated to convert if your country or currencies are not that big.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 12:57:52 AM

PayPal is very widely accepted, which is a huge benefit, but they have quite high fees and their security system can be a nightmare.

BTC on the other hand is quick and has low fees, but can be complicated to convert if your country or currencies are not that big.
I agree with you . Paypal has a good security system today. We have to do some verification to be able to use paypal to shop. while bitcoin provides a security system that is slightly loggar, many people are using media bitcoin as a criminal act.
KennyR

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 02:47:04 AM

I agree with you . Paypal has a good security system today. We have to do some verification to be able to use paypal to shop. while bitcoin provides a security system that is slightly loggar, many people are using media bitcoin as a criminal act.
In the past the bitcoin usage was found much for illegal activities, but the same has now been lot better when it grew potentially big as a form of investment and a source for high transaction volume with low fee which is quite impossible with any other financial service lenders.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
DocGTR

Activity: 141

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 04:28:15 PM

In the past the bitcoin usage was found much for illegal activities, but the same has now been lot better when it grew potentially big as a form of investment and a source for high transaction volume with low fee which is quite impossible with any other financial service lenders.

Bitcoin can now be used for different purposes.
For me, bitcoin and Paypal are different systems and they can not be compared. Moreover, PayPal is only a payment system. And bitcoin is both money and payment system
Shady

Activity: 294

Life is a game, you either play it or get played.

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 04:51:52 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2017, 05:14:02 PM by Shady

Bitcoin is able to be used in connection to Paypal with the Xapo Debit Card and current features of each payment processor. To get this done the most efficient way is to come up with creative ideas. I like having access to my money from all sources to avoid moving it around, but in terms of what is better would be hard to say since BTC is new. With the value constantly increasing Bitcoin has a plus there, but with the amount of accepted vendors Paypal has that best.

Look into where you'd like to spend or do the above so that the most efficient experience can be opened up to.

Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: