Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:08:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin better or paypal?  (Read 281168 times)
Orsenise

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:14:02 PM

the two services can't really be compared, they are both is the same industry (finance) but that's all it is about. The fundamentals of blockchain can't be compared to traditional transaction networks such as SWIFT or Paypal or anything else. Paypal doesn't use the blockchain and transactions are therefore not publickly available, which could theoretically bring some issues that blockchain could solve. From the other hand, Paypal has already a wide network and can process millions of transaction without network congestion, BTC is still struggling with that but hopefully things will get better with the upcoming forks.. When the network will be able to handle millions of transactions it will take a huge market share from Paypal and then paypal will be forced to implemented blockchain as well, just to keep up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:30:39 PM

the two services can't really be compared, they are both is the same industry (finance) but that's all it is about. The fundamentals of blockchain can't be compared to traditional transaction networks such as SWIFT or Paypal or anything else. Paypal doesn't use the blockchain and transactions are therefore not publickly available, which could theoretically bring some issues that blockchain could solve. From the other hand, Paypal has already a wide network and can process millions of transaction without network congestion, BTC is still struggling with that but hopefully things will get better with the upcoming forks.. When the network will be able to handle millions of transactions it will take a huge market share from Paypal and then paypal will be forced to implemented blockchain as well, just to keep up.

You don't have to find solution for this particular problem by yourself. We have each other and I think that's one of the reasons why bitcoin wasn't made to be a fail-proof with a flawless and real life transaction time. It's for us to improve it. Bitcoin is adaptive and it can be molded depending on our needs. Recently bitcoin used to have a huge transaction fee and so it was fixed. Paypal requires a huge amount of transaction fee. You can increase the transaction fee of your bitcoin transactions and decrease the waiting time. That's all on your but I do think that in the future, it will be solved. Remember that bitcoin can be updated and be optimized on how we want it to be. Bitcoin is still a lot more convenient and cheaper than the other ways of sending money. If you don't mind waiting and you like to save some money (from the transaction fee), then bitcoin is definitely for you.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Jolyquinzel

Activity: 58

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:41:06 PM

BTC is better as there are less boundaries and it is more secure. Why wouldn't you use a credit card for your scenario? There are no drawback options in this case Undecided
miakama

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:37:02 PM

Current Bitcoin
And its forking are better.

They can be upgraded to new feature.
Another better one:
Best community.

The problem is that the community will split into two.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:48:22 PM

While bitcoin transactions are irreversible, you have theoretically buyer protection when using paypal. But before joy comes up I recommend to read paypal's terms and conditions and you will realize that you are finally fully depend on the goodwill of paypal to get money back if defrauded!

And then all the restrictions what you aren't allowed to purchase or what products or services are excluded from buyer protection.

So finally, if you use bitcoin and escrow service, you will definetely drive better.
Yes I agree withyou on all matters. PayPal have its rules, they try to make trading safe but their rules have dawnsides. They do not have perfect rules, and some time people get scamed. With Bitcoin thinks are different, because everything is between buyer and seller. To be extra safe when trading, you can involve escrow services as you said, which will cost some amount of money, but you will get a lt better service. Bitcoin is definitely better than PayPal.
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:52:14 PM

I prefer to use Bitcoin because every Bitcoin transaction is anonymous and does not have many problems. The Bitcoin market is of much interest to investors and early September the cryptoucrrency market officially surpasses PayPal.
I guess bitcoin is definitely better because it is a best way of getting money fast and as early as you can. You can also get money by selling and also can wait if the prices are low. Bitcoins worth keeps on increasing day by day and its value is already discussed a lot in the business world. So it’s a common sense thing to always go with the bitcoins.
I think you have moved away from the topic. Bitcoins are amazing we all know but why it is different than PayPal, or maybe better is to say who is better. So I will go with your answer of bitcoins. Yes bitcoins are always on preference side. PayPal is quite lengthy and headache process so better is to adopt bitcoin over PayPal.
Bit coin is much better than PayPal because bit coin services available almost in the countries of the world but PayPal services are not available to every country. More PayPal is just the way of transaction while bit coin is money. PayPal is not money, PayPal can be used like a bank which can transfer your funds from one end to other end but along with this facility bit coin can make you billion and also can be used for purchase of commodities etc.
PrinceCaspian

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:26:29 PM

Bitcoin is better than paypal because paypal has a chargeback feature which the people can use to scam other innocent people because that is the common way of the scammers in paypal and the best thing to avoid that is not to use paypal (lol) and just use bitcoin which is irreversible so once you send the payment, you cannot take it back again.

▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████████████▄████████████████████████████████████▀▀███▄
  █████████▀        ▀███████████████▀         ▀████   ██████   ██████▀██     ███████████▄    ██████████   ███████████▄
 █████████    ▄▄▄▄    █████████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███    █████   ██████████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀████
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███     ████   ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███       ███
██████████   ▀█████▄▄▄█████████████   ███████   ███      ███   ████████████            ███   ███          ███       ███
███████████▄    ▀▀█████████████████   ███████   ███   █   ██   ████████████            ███   ███  █████   ███      ▄███
██████████████▄▄    ▀██████████████   ███████   ███   ██   █   ████████████            ███   ███  ▀▀▀▀▀   ███    █████▀
██████████▀▀▀█████▄   █████████████   ███████   ███   ███      ████████████            ███   ███          ███     ███
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███   ████     ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███      ███
 █████████    ▀▀▀▀    █████████████▄   ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████    ██████████    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███       ███
  █████████▄        ▄███████████████▄         ▄████   ██████   ██████▄██     ███████████▀    ██████████   ███        ███
   ▀████████████████████████▀████████████████████████████████████▄▄███▀
      ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
█████|     Telegram     |     Twitter     |     Medium     |     Youtube     |     Facebook     |█████

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER
ANN Thread

PRIVATE SALE...MARCH 10
PRE-SALE▬▬▬.MARCH 25
CROWDSALE.APRIL 11
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:44:39 PM

Bitcoin is better than paypal because paypal has a chargeback feature which the people can use to scam other innocent people because that is the common way of the scammers in paypal and the best thing to avoid that is not to use paypal (lol) and just use bitcoin which is irreversible so once you send the payment, you cannot take it back again.

That's from the seller's point of view. They are afraid to use Paypal because of the chargeback feature or the dispute feature because this is happening a lot in Paypal. The other guy can simply claim that his account was hacked and that he did not authorized that transaction. On the other hand and one of the reasons why people still stick with Paypal is that most online stores accept Paypal. If you're a buyer and you're using Paypal, you don't have to worry about scams because you are the one who's in advantage. In bitcoin, if you're the buyer, you're not the guy who's in advantage. Once you sent your money, you can only start hoping that the seller will send you what you are buying. There's no dispute feature and regardless of the proofs that you have that you didn't receive anything from the seller, you don't have a staff to contact about the problem and your money is already lost. You are scammed. So if you're a seller, then use bitcoin and you'll be safe.

Buyers are safe in Paypal while seller are safe in Bitcoin. Guess who has more population? It's the consumers or the buyers so Paypal is still up and kicking.

Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:03:01 PM

Jeez Bitcoin is by far better than Paypal. What does PayPal offers that Bitcoin doesn't? now .. let's reverse the question: What does Bitcoin offer that PayPal doesn't?
Decentralization
Anti-censorship
Inflation resistance
Flexibility
Privacy etc..

Please it totally ridiculous to compare both.
MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:15:36 PM

Jeez Bitcoin is by far better than Paypal. What does PayPal offers that Bitcoin doesn't? now .. let's reverse the question: What does Bitcoin offer that PayPal doesn't?
Decentralization
Anti-censorship
Inflation resistance
Flexibility
Privacy etc..

Please it totally ridiculous to compare both.

A part from all of those advantages i think t depends for buyers paypal is probably a better choice most of the time for shops etc.
because you can get your money back if they don't deliver for example but for sellers bitcoins are better because they cant scam you and get their money back but to transfer money from one place to another bitcoin is way better than it and i think it is self control which is the main advantage of it.
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:16:06 PM

Bitcoin is better than Paypal in many ways. There's a lot of documents and they deduct too much when you withdraw.
Paypal is full of rules, Paypal users must have credit card to verify . Anyway,  if we already have credit card why we still need to use paypal. Bitcoin is more practical to use than any remittance service because it is fast, practicall, and the fee is lower. Bitcoin also become good investment because the price is keep increasing.
I  think paypal involves more service charge than bitcoin. We all know paypal needs to be linked to our bank accounts, whether its credit or debit. In every transaction, paypal has its own charge plus your bank’s service fee. As for my condition, the currency my country is in is not dollars, therefore I a conversion is involved and we all know that those charts are not stable. There are really times when you’ll pay more than past transactions.
And you have to remember we have many limits when we using Paypal for our transaction. Example I want to send my money to someone does not verified account, if I have a huge amount of money, yeah I will receive limits 180 days, lol Sad

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:19:53 PM

BTC is better as there are less boundaries and it is more secure. Why wouldn't you use a credit card for your scenario? There are no drawback options in this case Undecided
For sure it is better than a lot of the bitcoin currencies, in the past the value of the bitcoin was low and the income of the bitcoin will go more and more high bitcoin is for sure safe and the easy to use so for me it is better than the paypal and the bitcoin currency it is very important to buy the bitcoin and hold for the long time I like to be the part of the bitcoin till the price will stop increasing and I am sure it will not happen ever.
komjhq

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:21:40 PM

For sure it is better than a lot of the bitcoin currencies, in the past the value of the bitcoin was low and the income of the bitcoin will go more and more high bitcoin is for sure safe and the easy to use so for me it is better than the paypal and the bitcoin currency it is very important to buy the bitcoin and hold for the long time I like to be the part of the bitcoin till the price will stop increasing and I am sure it will not happen ever.
I can not understand why the PayPal payment system is compared to Bitcoin? In my opinion, these are two different things that deal with very different matters and lie quite a different plane. To date, in addition to PayPal, there are many more payment systems that many people use. But Bitcoin also has its own audience and in most cases their interests do not overlap.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:41:37 AM

I have been told that don't accept payments via paypal, is that right?
Because when buyer will have his bitcoins then he can claim back money from paypal by saying that i haven't received desired product.
I think if you compare between bitcoin and paypal, bitcoin is better than paypal.And i also think bitcoin usage is easy their is no big fees like paypal.their is no verification. And if you have bitcoin it is growing up but paypal dont.So vitcoin is better.
In my point of view PayPal has no comparison with bit coin, from this question we can make a better funny question that (Is USD is better than City bank Of New York) while USD is itself money and city bank of New York is just a financial institute which is responsible for people investment and other transaction of USD. Just like this Bit coin is it a currency and PayPal is financial institute which may facilitate people to manage their funds.
jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 06:12:54 AM

In bitcoin we are dealing with virtual currency itself and in paypal we have deal with fiat currency like USD etc.
If we talk about support than paypal is supportive in nature if we seen e commerce way because most of sites accepy paypal as payment gateway.
but bitcoin is still struggling with eCommerce to become payment system.
It might be possible that bitcoin can overtake payapl in terms of popularity if Ecommerce start accepting bitcoins.

mastica

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:57:43 AM

Paypal has big advantages against bitcoin, you can chargeback any transaction if the product isnt the one advertised, you can contact support as well, and you can deposit and cashout to the bank along the week. Bitcoin has no way to reverse a transaction, some people try double spend to make the coins goes into the right direction, you will need to learn your own how bitcoin works, even using an online wallet you will get support.  Bitcoin does allow you to deal and trade your coins to your local fiat as well, but it needs someone interested, besides those bitcoin potencial is huge.
jaaeeeyyyy

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:11:58 AM

Both of them do have advantages , like paypal for easy transaction and easy conversion of money while bitcoin advantage is having no limit to your amount or money. I'm still working to this forum and trying to understand all.
Alvaro.anso

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:20:52 AM

No way that btc gives you much more anonimity
Soksuci

Activity: 199

Mercy

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:25:01 AM

Well it depends. If you are talking about TPS(Transaction per second) PayPal is the winner now(but let's see in 2020).
But if you are talking about trust and price, Bitcoin is obviously the winner.
2hot2handle

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:46:51 AM

Paypal has big advantages against bitcoin, you can chargeback any transaction if the product isnt the one advertised, you can contact support as well, and you can deposit and cashout to the bank along the week. Bitcoin has no way to reverse a transaction, some people try double spend to make the coins goes into the right direction, you will need to learn your own how bitcoin works, even using an online wallet you will get support.  Bitcoin does allow you to deal and trade your coins to your local fiat as well, but it needs someone interested, besides those bitcoin potencial is huge.
That is one of the issues with bitcoin since we cannot reverse our transaction and sometimes as a human being we cannot avoid to commit mistakes and maybe that is the reason why others are still hesitant to use bitcoin as a payment because they are afraid that they might encounter these kind of problem.

Dice    |    Caraycruz    |    Roulette    |    Multicolor   |   Bounties    |    Lottery    |    Exchange    |    Affiliates
████████████████████ [   B I T S L E R   C A S I N O   ] ████████████████████
★           $20,000 Weekly Wagering Contest           ★          $5,000 Weekly BTSLR Coin Contest           ★
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: