Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:07:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Work colleagues laugh at me getting into Bitcoin  (Read 6864 times)
Emersonnets

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

The trouble is you think you have time.

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 11:31:03 AM

Nah not really. I just don't mention it to people who I know don't care about something like bitcoin.
I don't really care what people think, I believe in it so I will continue to do whatever I'm doing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gloober

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 12:21:37 PM

I know some people at work who are into bitcoin as well. I can talk to them about whatever, I sometimes ask them for advice as well.
It's really nice to know some people in real life who are into bitcoin as well.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 01:14:16 PM

The skepticism is very recongnizable; vast majority of the people I know regard Bitcoin as dangerous, some odd thing on the WWW, or are completely unaware about crypto. And I'm not only talking about older, more traditional people but also highly educated folks in their 20's and 30's, owning the latest smartphones and addicted to social media, but still (very) reserved about crypto.

Can confirm that. I know guys who studied computer science or work as IT consultant and still don't get what Bitcoin is and therefore believe all the dumb articles they read and see in mainstream media.
Still a very long way to go for us.
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 01:09:24 AM

Sometimes I feel same people think I am stupid and live in imaginary world when I explain them about Bitcoin and its advantages.It is kind of laugh what they make but one day I will laugh of them surely.
Just leave people like them, why we have to care to another people while we can earn much money from bitcoin.
lahm-44

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 03:11:09 AM

i have been telling my work colleagues about bitcoin now for about 3 years and they still think its a big joke.  I dont care because i believe that some day i will be the one Laughing......  I think alot of it is people dont like things they dont understand and would rather make fun off it. 

So was just wondering has anyone else on here had similar experiences and how did you deal with it?   Wink
well i am sure everypeople here had experianced this atleast once because these peoples simple dont understand anything new they just want the things they have in their daily sechdule .they are just like robots following the orders which was followed by their father and grand father they dont think about improving their works or atleast make their works easyer we will sure laugh on these peoples m just waiting for faint currency to have a problem for some days . i just want these people some how understand what bitcoin really is its just like listning to a music but not understanding it after all we are just humans the most advance creatures on earth
kyrios_

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 08:09:03 AM

The skepticism is very recongnizable; vast majority of the people I know regard Bitcoin as dangerous, some odd thing on the WWW, or are completely unaware about crypto. And I'm not only talking about older, more traditional people but also highly educated folks in their 20's and 30's, owning the latest smartphones and addicted to social media, but still (very) reserved about crypto.

Actually I am surprised, even after so many years, bitcoin hasnt seen major breakthroughs in adoption. It always seems like it get popular for awhile then fizzles out. Even amongst the techy people
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 11:53:07 AM

Actually I am surprised, even after so many years, bitcoin hasnt seen major breakthroughs in adoption. It always seems like it get popular for awhile then fizzles out. Even amongst the techy people
That's a real bitcoin problem, maybe people still scaring about bitcoin issue or the fluctuation price of bitcoin maybe..
owm123

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 12:26:41 PM

That's a real bitcoin problem, maybe people still scaring about bitcoin issue or the fluctuation price of bitcoin maybe..

IMO, the problem is that there is really no need for an average Joe to use bitcoin. People dont see a how would their life get easier and better with bitcoin.

People get salaries in fiat, do taxes in fiat, pay mortgages and rents in fiat, buy groceries in fiat, pay online with credit cards and paypal where they get instant confirmation instead of 10 min, etc.

And sure you can find few individuals who do these things in bitcoin only, anddont mind waiting 10 m or more for confirmations of transactions. But these are exceptions.

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
the_poet
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 12:36:57 PM

Skepticism and mockery will automagically vanish on next bullrun Wink

Under construction.
shogdite

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 12:47:55 PM

So was just wondering has anyone else on here had similar experiences and how did you deal with it?   Wink

I have tried telling a few people but i would never tell anyone that i never got on with very well so never had much of a problem and def not been laughed at. The thing your so called friends are more than likely so deep into the current system and mind fkd that they have little to know idea what you are telling them. If you explain to someone who knows the grasp the banks and those in power have they are the likely ones to listen and research for themselves. Tip, dont worry what others are doing they will wake up one day.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2016, 01:10:04 PM

Let people think what they want to..
You shouldn't care what they think.. if u believe in it.. then go for it and wait for the moment you will be laughing Smiley

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 01:43:28 PM

Skepticism and mockery will automagically vanish on next bullrun Wink

In my circle of friends it already started to vanish.
A few months ago I was giving a presentation durung lecture about Bitcoin. Price at that time was around $230.
Now I get often told by these guys, that they regret it not to have bought a bit of Bitcoin.As a note I never suggested these people that they should buy bitcoins and I also told them that it is quite risky. But I also explained the huge potentials this technology has and why are some people are willing to take that risk.The bigger the risk the bigger the return if it succeeds right?!
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 01:54:09 PM

Some people around me were not laughing at me, but were more skeptical in a way that they think my investment in Bitcoin has not brought me profit, because they say it went up to over $1000 and went back down to below $200. They don't see that the coins I have bought well below $100 are now worth +$400. I don't care about the $1000 peak, I look at the long term, and the long term brought me great profits. They only look at a very short time period and think it all vanished. Cheesy

Let them laugh and make fun of us, we are the one who will laugh the loudest. Smiley
Oh My Rig!

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 02:11:06 PM

At the very first time they laugh... Then they angry... After all they beginning to believe and see some great potential. But as usual - it is too late;-).

In fact, Bitcoin still too volatile.. but at my point of view it is far from it's real price right now.. at least $120-$150 underestimated.

There was some reasons to laugh when it falls from all-tme high $1100++, to the $500. But now.. don't think they have to even open mouth to start again:-).
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 04:05:26 PM

My father and my brother always used to laugh at me when i say about bitcoin and how its volatility has creted lots of oppurtunity for profit over months. But father get convinced after i gifted him nice watch and my brother some mobile topup via bitcoin. Actually watch was by exchaning bitcoin to local currency. Now they leave me alone when i am in laptop. Cool Cheesy

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 04:14:28 PM

Can confirm that. I know guys who studied computer science or work as IT consultant and still don't get what Bitcoin is and therefore believe all the dumb articles they read and see in mainstream media.
Still a very long way to go for us.
It is scary that people who are addicted to social media, and are embracing technology, walking everywhere with a smartphone are so reluctant to trust in bitcoin.
It is as they are already product of 'generation Facebook' and can't seems to process different technology other than "one company to rule them all".
kpitti
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 04:15:17 PM

People often tend to laugh or just response that they do not understand how something virtual can have price and someone is buying it.
I try to explain idea behind and fact that price of Bitcoin is free market price and it`s somehow showing importance and interest Bitcoin is taking.
breeze170

Activity: 186

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 05:41:25 PM

Make fun of after you get rich with bitcoin and leave your job!  Grin

davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 05:48:40 PM

Making others regret is not a real success of a bitcoiner nor bitcoin community. Together we can succeed is the philosophy we here in this community believe in strongly. So, showing them some short term results of good returns from bitcoin investments will make them to change their mind set.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 06:00:06 PM

Making others regret is not a real success of a bitcoiner nor bitcoin community. Together we can succeed is the philosophy we here in this community believe in strongly. So, showing them some short term results of good returns from bitcoin investments will make them to change their mind set.

Sadly the 99% of people are only interested in gains, so don't even try to explain them anything that has a philosophical touch about it. To convince people, you have to show them how much richer you are since you got into Bitcoin, that's that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: