Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:47:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Work colleagues laugh at me getting into Bitcoin  (Read 6864 times)
lolgato

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 07:14:30 PM

Don't worry about them Grin. When it rises a lot then they will start going on about it. Try telling them when it rises a lot. Especially when block halves.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 03:47:36 AM

Let people think what they want, if you believe with bitcoin then go on. "Mind is your business"

yes you right. mind your own business. just show them how much the bitcoin price right now, and someday show them how many bitcoin you have. and i'm sure they will shock.
Definitely they just regretting over the time, just because laughing at me why I believe on bitcoin. 

I would be interested in see their face when the bitcoin price rise to $3000 late this year. They will regret definitely.
Wanna see that too, just like get too much pain. Then I'm the one who laugh at them now
Steve_Tou

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 08:24:48 AM

I keep quiet.. make an account here and chat with bitcoin lover/believer better =)

A scam will be a scam.
It won't sustain in long run, cause they can't make $ for you at all, they don't have any business model or investment plans to make money grows.
All they did is use other people's $ to pay other users, so those who earned $ is just from other victims... in short a vicious cycle.
People KNEW, but they just dump their $ in hoping for a miracle.

Maybe I have to give another example for people who can't understand.
It's like- Going down to dirty sewers looking for fresh air.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 08:28:23 AM

Is great to tell them that you earn quite a lot of money with it.
But is better to just let it is don't listen or make fun with it.
For me they are friends who know what it is, but they don't have interest. So I just do it for my self more money for me.
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 03:56:03 AM

For me they are friends who know what it is, but they don't have interest. So I just do it for my self more money for me.
We just need find friend that have same interested in bitcoin, ignore friend that laugh of what your interested.
elizabethqueen

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 08:25:15 AM

I have been telling my work colleagues about bitcoin now for about 3 years and they still think its a big joke.  I dont care because i believe that some day i will be the one Laughing......  I think alot of it is people dont like things they dont understand and would rather make fun off it. 

So was just wondering has anyone else on here had similar experiences and how did you deal with it?   Wink
you are really unlucky,yes i said like that because you have work colleagues that laughing to you because you are bitcoiner,its an old school,i think bitcoin is not for joke,its not funny thing,its a money thing Grin and thank god,i dont have friends or work coleagues that laugh at me.

SirLancelot

Activity: 2478
Merit: 582

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 10:41:22 AM

We just need find friend that have same interested in bitcoin, ignore friend that laugh of what your interested.

Just talking about Bitcoin to all of our friends may identify the really interested persons. Identifying a friend who has some interest on bitcoin ecosystem is not a big deal.
madonnino

Activity: 322

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 10:45:19 AM

mourn the day when they will understand that they entered this world too late, bitcoin will be on the moon at that point
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 10:46:52 AM

No problem, let these people laugh very hard at us. In the long term we will show them what our investment in Bitcoin did. I am sure that we can report a gain of at least 100% while the people that are laughing at us only get 1-3% interest on their savings. They won't like it. Smiley
-Tx-Rider

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 08:00:15 PM

Who cares, man? Get on with your thing and let them get on with theirs. They're probably into stuff that you think is dumb too. You might have the last laugh.
diegz

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 04:35:49 AM

Your colleagues don't know what you are into. probably they think that you are introducing to them a ponzi..You let them laugh at you, atleast now that bitcoin is a bit stable and price is good, you could now laugh at them if they are just starting to collect.  Cheesy

MyBTT

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 04:37:45 AM

People can say whatever they want to say about Bitcoin. Their opinion shouldn't matter to you.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
kevin go

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 05:48:39 AM

so does me dude..i tell my best friend about bitcoin they also laugh at me and say that is stupid i got fool they said..
but i earn money with this althought not many..im still in bitcoin im sure the future will be bitcoin
for me im sure they laugh bcause they dont understand...in my mind, one day they will be interest in bitcoin too..
michnelli6

Activity: 365

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 05:58:56 AM

I think they laugh now and you will laugh at them when you get rich with BTC Grin
diegz

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 06:23:29 AM

I think they laugh now and you will laugh at them when you get rich with BTC Grin

yeah, specially if bitcoin price boom. maybe they will follow you but of course, they are left behind, they'll be begging you to repeat your explanation about bitcoin.  Smiley

crazywack
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 06:25:51 AM

I have been telling my work colleagues about bitcoin now for about 3 years and they still think its a big joke.  I dont care because i believe that some day i will be the one Laughing......  I think alot of it is people dont like things they dont understand and would rather make fun off it. 

So was just wondering has anyone else on here had similar experiences and how did you deal with it?   Wink

I do get the same experience... But like you said I belive some day I will be the one saying " I told you so".

Can't do much else but try to explain it to them. It's to the point now though that they don't even listen.

angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 08:51:07 AM

It has been a natural behavior in humans to laugh at those things that they can't understand or admit as an alternate vision of the world. Unfortunately the bitcoin is still a very recent phenomenon and most people is not yet familiarized to it, but I think it is only a matter of time to get the sufficient respect and credibility.
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 06:01:41 PM

People can say whatever they want to say about Bitcoin. Their opinion shouldn't matter to you.

Yes and if you dont use Bitcoins, they may also laugh at anything else. I think the best idea is to see what suits you and carry on with that, discuss your family and then take decision in case you feel confused.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 06:05:30 PM

Keep Bitcoin a secret and do wat everyone else does and pretends  they have

never heard of it and when someone brings it up pull this face

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Blinken

Activity: 338
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 06:07:38 PM

At my company there are a bunch of people who either own bitcoins or at least are interested in "blockchain technology" from a theoretical point of view. Then again, my company is very high tech. Your mileage may vary.

Bitcoin ♦♦♦ Trust in Mathematics, Not Bankers ♦♦♦
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: