Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:13:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Master-P SCAMMER. I lost complete faith in this forum now.  (Read 80673 times)
WEBcreator

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 03:34:45 PM

so his account was sold? what a waste.
i guess there is no way to prevent such if a highly trusted member sold his account and cause scam

There is no way at all. If the user got bored , find another things to do and decided to leave the forum then selling the account for some extra btc will be a nice things to do. Sadly that it is very easy to scam with all these highly trusted account

and here I am at signature campaign which funds was hold by master P so yeah Its kinda bummer but nothing can be done Smiley

IMO - we can live without any escrows. Forum has nothing to do with it.

Only if you are having a deal with a trusted person, otherwise both party will not want to send first

███████▄▄        █████████████████
███████████▄     █████████████████
█████████████▄   █████████████████
██████████████▄  █████████████████
███████████████▄ ████████████████
████████████████ ████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
███████████████████████████▀▀
███████████████████████▀▀
███████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████▄
███████████████▀ ████████████████
██████████████▀  █████████████████
█████████████▀   █████████████████
███████████▀     █████████████████
███████▀▀        █████████████████
  Dbrain  ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

[

]
  ●  FACEBOOK
●    TWITTER 
●  TELEGRAM
Heutenamos

Activity: 812

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 03:39:37 PM

I think that master-p needs to address this issue asap and provide as much information about the trade itself and the buyer to clear his name otherwise I'm afraid to say this looks more likely that master-p has turned into a scammer and that the account was never sold.

master-p you need to prove your innocence!

How can he prove his innocence ? he clearly gave space for the consequences to happen.Though I strongly believe that he is the one who scammed.

yo
nichlahghe5

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 03:42:14 PM

I think that master-p needs to address this issue asap and provide as much information about the trade itself and the buyer to clear his name otherwise I'm afraid to say this looks more likely that master-p has turned into a scammer and that the account was never sold.

master-p you need to prove your innocence!

How can he prove his innocence ? he clearly gave space for the consequences to happen.Though I strongly believe that he is the one who scammed.

Im starting to believe that too. I think he planned this all and said he sold his account but really he just said that to try and detach himself from the account so he can scam with it.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 03:43:31 PM

Anyone who sells an account with a lot of trust or that is an escrow is a scammer. Why would anyone buy an account like his other than to scam? Escrowing is a pain to deal with and most of the time you do not make much in tips.
Heutenamos

Activity: 812

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 03:47:15 PM

Anyone who sells an account with a lot of trust or that is an escrow is a scammer. Why would anyone buy an account like his other than to scam? Escrowing is a pain to deal with and most of the time you do not make much in tips.
None of his escrow services were for free and he even started charging for account sales lately.

yo
sardasa

Activity: 1064
Merit: 502

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 03:48:46 PM

OK so an escrow sold his account and the new owner already scammed users of over 7-8 BTC? This is the end of my trust on escrows and never will I ever use an escrow on this forum no matter if lose any deals due to this. I have totally given up on this forum trust and now would never trust anyone out here as the earlier owners must have sold their accounts. It's sick.

I just hope that DT members do leave ratings now on all users who sell their accounts or are involved in trading accounts. Do we need more proof of what harm it causes users out here by selling accounts?

I raised exactly similar question in my meta thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1301778.0 but guess I am too small to be noted by this community here.

worhiper_-_

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 03:49:18 PM

I see many people complaining about this. Don't worry guys, this is just the free market weeding out bad actors. Your bitcoins are not at the hands of the stronger and more worthy. Natural selection and free market economics for the win.
WEBcreator

Activity: 840

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 03:52:00 PM

He is escrowing alot signature campaigns and Im sure he get atleast 5 % from what he is sending to the signature participants. It may not be much but if he keeps on doing this and keepings funds for signature campaigns then he will sooner or later gets more then he scammed right now

███████▄▄        █████████████████
███████████▄     █████████████████
█████████████▄   █████████████████
██████████████▄  █████████████████
███████████████▄ ████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
███████████████████████████▀▀
███████████████████████▀▀
███████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████▄
███████████████▀ ████████████████
██████████████▀  █████████████████
█████████████▀   █████████████████
███████████▀     █████████████████
███████▀▀        █████████████████
  Dbrain  ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

[

]
  ●  FACEBOOK
●    TWITTER 
●  TELEGRAM
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 03:54:12 PM

I think master-p and/or the new account owner are doing some serious thinking right now and wondering if the hell that's about to be unleashed on them is actually worth what they could steal.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 04:02:00 PM

Hopefully the threat of a dox will get people their BTC back before the dox actually happens.

Most people in their right mind don't want their personal information all over the internet associated with a scam.

I'm still in shock about this whole situation Sad.

I just wanted to make a note, that if all the funds are returned I promise to keep these dox private. This agreement would of course be void if you continue to trade and you are spotted building up rep on a new account. At this point they have not been released, but there have been inquiries regarding them.

Yes that's good, hopefully master-p or the 'new' account holder return the BTC so the dox doesn't have to happen.

Regardless of what now happens the master-p account is worthless and so is his reputation.

P.S. This is an offer with an expiration date. It expires when someone makes me a reasonable offer on your dox, when you return the Bitcoin, or when I get bored with this. You pick which.
flagpara

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 04:02:26 PM

From what I read I don't understand you guys.

If everything is true, previous Master-P dox might be released and... So what?
You're going on a vengeful crusade against him? Gonna threaten him and all? You do realize that none of your threats are going to make your btc back.

I don't see why you're threatening Master-P (the old one), as he has no longer the funds. He's a scammer but it won't help you in any way to know where he lives is it?

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 04:05:29 PM

From what I read I don't understand you guys.

If everything is true, previous Master-P dox might be released and... So what?
You're going on a vengeful crusade against him? Gonna threaten him and all? You do realize that none of your threats are going to make your btc back.

I don't see why you're threatening Master-P (the old one), as he has no longer the funds. He's a scammer but it won't help you in any way to know where he lives is it?

Lets assume for the sake of argument he is telling the truth. He is still 100% responsible and legally liable for the damages caused himself. Now back to reality, many of the things in his story don't add up. Chances are the account never changed hands and Master-P (the original and only) was always in control of it. Either way he is 100% directly liable. If he was hacked or something I would be looking at this differently, but he admitted to selling the account putting everyone trading with his username at risk for his own personal profit.
notaek
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 04:17:11 PM

Not escrowing is not a solution either.When we can't trust escrow,there is no reason to trust campaign managers either.We should find a way in between.I have few suggestions,will post them at proper section

Good point here. I think, from now on, the campaign manager, the escrow provider as well as the owner of that site should start storing funds in a multi-sig wallet where if anyone goes AWOL, two others can simply approve themselves and send the funds out to the participants. Although it's a tedious process, it'll possibly be the perfect process for running a secure signature campaign.

jorjito25

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 04:41:56 PM

Doesn't make sense somehow. I have used master-P under different nicks for years and not only is he utterly professional, almost  and security aware, but also seems like a really nice guy.

Why would he scam and lose every creditability built up for a few BTC? The only reason I can see it if he have plans leaving the BTC arena, but I'm pretty sure he could get much more money out of it (only just in my own add (sig/promo), he could make make more out of that.

However, people can change, but I still have my doubts.

Whatever is the truth, it's a said.  Sad
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 05:20:48 PM

This will really affect the trusted persons and escrows of this forum. Bcoz of this types of members, other peoples who wants to use the middleman, will think alot while doing any deal with other escrows or will not trust other too .

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
nichlahghe5

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 05:23:44 PM

At least the floz devs are still going to pay its campaigners. That's the only silver lining I see here.
notaek
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 05:24:15 PM

there is a separate tx, i sold the account for about 2 btc which was a great deal for me at the time. I don't believe in borrowing, especially not from this community. I never ventured into those lending sections.

I knew the risks when I sold the account but at the time my life was at a more dire situation so I didn't take much time to think. He was also very convincing in telling me he wanted to continue the escrow service using my identity and reputation, and that he had no intentions of scamming. Without knowing his actual/original account on bitcointalk, I knew I couldn't trust his word here for sure but I guess I took the risk anyway. When I sold the account I was only holding about 5-6 BTC in total in escrow.

Sorry guys, I wish I could do more but I don't even come on here anymore nowadays. Some people here still have me on steam. I did some deals where the new owner of the account forwarded to me simply to keep the persona without it having it figured out by the community that the account was sold.

A big part of the deal was that I did my best to keep the sale private, much like any of my other account escrows I've performed for the community in the past. I thought that was fair so kept my mouth shut and played along.

Sure, I suppose people here can blame me, believe me or not believe me, at this point I can't do much. I knew showing up here would probably only make things worse for myself but I can't really care too much right now. Think and believe what you will. My apologies again everyone, I won't be back.

Best case scenario the guy comes back and returns all the BTC, right? Based on what I've gathered reading this thread the coins don't seem to have been spent, yet.

Hey man! This is not at all a way of getting away by simply letting everyone know that you have sold your account. Since you didn't feel the right to tell anyone, at least you should have privately told any staff members so that he can restrict the new user's escrow management. (like accepting no more than 2 escrows at a time) This might eventually lead him not to turn into a scummy mindset today, after receiving so much funds.

To me, you have done a heinous crime and saying sorry isn't the ultimate solution to this. If you have faith in yourself, then you must at least try to send the funds back to everyone (not by tomorrow, you may take your time) who used your escrow service without knowing it's actually you, even if that guy haven't spent any coins. (he might want to hoard them for years until we forget this incident and then might spend it) Otherwise you are similar to Tradefortress! Undecided

grtthegreat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 05:26:52 PM

This will really affect the trusted persons and escrows of this forum. Bcoz of this types of members, other peoples who wants to use the middleman, will think alot while doing any deal with other escrows or will not trust other too .

Instead, now a manual verification of anyone who wants to provide a escrow service should be made mandatory. Anyone who wants to provide such service should make their true identity and all their personal information public. Else, in such situations like this, there is hardly any chance to recover things.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 05:28:13 PM

Can someone please PM me the "proof" that master-p was sold in mid-August? I can keep it confidential if necessary.
grtthegreat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 05:31:19 PM

Guys, you have nothing to worry about! Quickseller has told me that bought accounts are not used for scamming, and default trust accounts aren't sold anyhow, so that's out.
Just to stay on the safe side tho, always use trusted escrow, like Quickseller suggests.

One of the Big 5, preferably Smiley

Do you even know what's going on here? We all used an escrow service, and the service provider fucked us over. Stop talking shit, bloody noob.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: