Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:01:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Master-P SCAMMER. I lost complete faith in this forum now.  (Read 80675 times)
Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 01:52:09 PM

The real man cannot scam with so much green trusts.
The man sold his account to an impersonator (surely for low amount) and the impersonator took advantage of the situation . Build more deals for a while and then he found he was getting "huge escrow deals" . The impersonator became greedy , decided to run off and game over.
Damn it is the greediness of the impersonator and a big mistake of the real man behind it. Both the mans are responsible.
I conclude the man has already run off and dont think he ever comes back.
I also conclude if the man really had problems with his wallet why he accepted more escrows with his infected wallet.

Half of the forum members are lost.

NO, I don't believe this to be true. I believe that account was never sold and that master-p and the jones guy above are the same person, this is most likely an alibi to protect his steam account or something else.
This probability has the highest change of being believed unless master-p is able to provide more information about the buyer of his account.
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 02:06:08 PM

snip
If this entire thing that you are saying is true and the new owner of the account turns out to scam, you should feel extremely bad about it. Due to your selfishness you may have cost several forum members almost $7k at current prices, just so you could get off with $800. Your financial status in these times is irrelevant. There are many other places that you could have acquired this money than enabling the scamming of several other members.

That being said, I do not believe we should jump the gun. Personally, I would give him until Wednesday to repay the Bitcoin. If this doesn't happen, I would suggest we come together with any information we have and proceed with action against him, whether it be the previous or new owner of the account.
Athertle

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 02:07:01 PM

If this doesn't happen, I would suggest we come together with any information we have and proceed with action against him, whether it be the previous or new owner of the account.

Like what?

mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 02:08:40 PM

If this doesn't happen, I would suggest we come together with any information we have and proceed with action against him, whether it be the previous or new owner of the account.

Like what?
Just publicizing the DOX of him, if TECSHARE(/Exchange Email) agrees to it.
Techshare/Master-p : Desperate times calls for desperate measures
Gildarts

Activity: 390

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 02:12:20 PM

3 BTC from great + 4.3 from Tabata11 + 3 BTC from gilbhy + 2.2 BTC from ore-mine + HuhHuh

+.8btc from doublebot sig campaign.. FUCK YOU MASTER-P, i hope you lose all your money together with the people involve. I hope you'll live in a shitty place
+2.8 BTC for e-coin campaign.

+.5 BTC Floz twitter campaign lol we're are waiting for our payments from last couple of days !

This is why some people says stay out from  bitcoin  Angry We All got scammed  Sad
Vasu

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 02:12:24 PM

Like what?
He means master-P's DOX if I am not wrong man.
snip
If this entire thing that you are saying is true and the new owner of the account turns out to scam, you should feel extremely bad about it. Due to your selfishness you may have cost several forum members almost $7k at current prices, just so you could get off with $800. Your financial status in these times is irrelevant. There are many other places that you could have acquired this money than enabling the scamming of several other members.

That being said, I do not believe we should jump the gun. Personally, I would give him until Wednesday to repay the Bitcoin. If this doesn't happen, I would suggest we come together with any information we have and proceed with action against him, whether it be the previous or new owner of the account.

master-P was last active today 25 minutes ago but the man didnot bother posting.
snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 02:13:29 PM

Have only read the first 3 pages of this thread so far but I have to say: (old?)master-p, you fucking suck for doing something like this (selling your account and remaining silent while good people get robbed)...
I have seen many hard times in my life, and haven't been on BitcoinTalk very much at all the past few months, but I would still never even consider selling a highly trusted account to a scammer.

Only time will tell if you're telling the truth or not, and as you know there are some damn good detectives here on BitcoinTalk.

Agreed that buying and selling accounts is shady 99% of the time, but I also agree it shouldn't be banned because then 0% of it could be monitored. It would not stop people buying and selling accounts through PM, email, any other means.

Surely if you absolutely have to sell your trusted account, when you pretty much know it's going to be used to scam others, then you should speak out afterwards announcing the account is sold, so it can be marked with red as a warning to others. It is bad to break your word, but you would be scamming the scammer essentially, and probably preventing future thefts.

minifrij
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 02:13:45 PM

Like what?
Legal action perhaps?
Even if we don't have a dox, I'm sure that combined with proof the information we have on master-P would be enough to get some identifiable information on him. For example, I recently sold master-P the domain bitads.co. While this domain has whois protection, I made sure to not transfer any of my information over with the domain (meaning that it is now his, with his information on the whois). If we can gather proof, we can perhaps contact the whois protection agency used to remove the protection and give us the information from the whois. This could give us things such as his name, address and telephone number.
nichlahghe5

Activity: 278

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 02:15:06 PM

Got scammed on the floz campaign because of this.
Very sad day for bitcoin.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 02:18:43 PM

This could give us things such as his name, address and telephone number.

I already have his last name, first initial (full name I'm sure can be found with a few minutes research), address, email, steam ID, and can probably find his phone number.
Vasu

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 02:22:16 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2015, 02:32:17 PM by Vasu

I already have his last name, first initial (full name I'm sure can be found with a few minutes research), address, email, steam ID, and can probably find his phone number.
Man he scammed bitcoins . Getting his dox cannot help you get bitcoins back .
Bitcoin is anonymous transaction method.
But if you threaten him the man could give you back the bitcoins because of his dox posted openly / (known by everyone) over the net
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 02:28:16 PM

Hopefully the threat of a dox will get people their BTC back before the dox actually happens.

Most people in their right mind don't want their personal information all over the internet associated with a scam.

I'm still in shock about this whole situation Sad.
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 02:34:15 PM

-snip-
Just.... IDK what I should say to you
nichlahghe5

Activity: 278

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 02:34:49 PM

How do we know its not master p scamming and just telling us he sold his account?
ghibly79
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

Crypto entrepreneur and consultant

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 02:35:24 PM

Hi Tabata11,
He is not a scammer he is a busy guy who don't have much time for escrow but still he offers , last time i don't remember the date when i hired him for escrow service he replied me after 1-2 day and after sending funds , when the deal done , he sent me the funds after a day or more .But i say he is not a scammer , you just wait for his reply , he come online multiple times when he was dealing with me but he was not replying to my pm but i m sure that he is reading your all PM's .

Hope for the best.

Unlikely given the whole situation: bunch of people opening trades requests and proposing his as escrow, all with the same approach, being communicative and ready to pay before bet were sent then stopping answering right after.
Bet we'll see.
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 02:36:34 PM

Hopefully the threat of a dox will get people their BTC back before the dox actually happens.

Most people in their right mind don't want their personal information all over the internet associated with a scam.

Me as well, I'm really surprised that he would sell his account. He seemed like a legit user and a really nice guy, but I'm just glad I didn't trade with his account after August.
Duomo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 02:37:45 PM

Master-P might be possibly scamming....

I used him as escrow for around ~4.3 btc for a trade few days ago. The trade fell through because the seller stopped communicating as soon as I sent the coins to the escrow which I find it funny. Nothing happened for two days so I told Master-P to refund my coins back when he comes back home because he is boarding a "plane" and might take additional 12 hours due to a delay... Now I see him online throughout the day and I sent him multiple messages to return my coins back and no response from him.

I posted my messages onto his escrow post so everything is transparent to everyone.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=932294.msg13376834#msg13376834

I have lost complete faith in this forum.

Hi Tabata11,
He is not a scammer he is a busy guy who don't have much time for escrow but still he offers , last time i don't remember the date when i hired him for escrow service he replied me after 1-2 day and after sending funds , when the deal done , he sent me the funds after a day or more .But i say he is not a scammer , you just wait for his reply , he come online multiple times when he was dealing with me but he was not replying to my pm but i m sure that he is reading your all PM's .

Hope for the best.

Being a busy individual is one thing, but not replying and communicating with people who have large amounts of funds invested in this individual is another.
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 02:43:19 PM

Man he scammed bitcoins . Getting his dox cannot help you get bitcoins back .
Bitcoin is anonymous transaction method.
But if you threaten him the man could give you back the bitcoins because of his dox posted openly / (known by everyone) over the net

With his information, he can be reported and that would get him some Jail time for sure.

Lets hope that it doesn't come to that and real master-p returns and pay everyone back.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
minifrij
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 02:43:43 PM

The more information we have the better, so I can't see using my method being a particularly bad thing.

How do we know its not master p scamming and just telling us he sold his account?
Does it matter? A scam is a scam.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 02:45:37 PM

I just wanted to make a note, that if all the funds are returned I promise to keep these dox private. This agreement would of course be void if you continue to trade and you are spotted building up rep on a new account. At this point they have not been released, but there have been inquiries regarding them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: