Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:52:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Master-P SCAMMER. I lost complete faith in this forum now.  (Read 80673 times)
FruitsBasket
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 09:21:49 PM

Can the moderators do something? Look at an IP log, confirm if he really sold the account. Did the account password recovery email changed lately? It would be so much easier if account trades are banned, to prevent such discussions.

I hope that he will return the funds to all people that have an unfinished deal with him. If he always could sign a message the good way, and now they are bad, then it is possible his account has been sold. But he also could have faked it, we only can know this if the MODS/ADMIN can help us to solve this.

Or ask some very good detective(QuickSeller???)

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
papadrams

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 09:28:41 PM

Can the moderators do something? Look at an IP log, confirm if he really sold the account. Did the account password recovery email changed lately? It would be so much easier if account trades are banned, to prevent such discussions.

I hope that he will return the funds to all people that have an unfinished deal with him. If he always could sign a message the good way, and now they are bad, then it is possible his account has been sold. But he also could have faked it, we only can know this if the MODS/ADMIN can help us to solve this.

Or ask some very good detective(QuickSeller???)

QuickSeller is already into this.. Mods for now are behind the scenes.. I suppose they do their work in silence..

I am getting a little bit out of topic here, but i just wonder because i have seen it in 3 posts till now..
What can Gleb do?? Is he a hacker or something?

Well, if you are asking this, then you actually don't know him newbie. Wink

_______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________

I have signed up 2 weeks ago and i have read a loooot of stuff.. Yes newbie but not ignorrant  Wink

Also imagine how this looks to all of us (newbies)..
The only way for us to buy some stuff is through escrow (Thats normal of course).. I made today my first buy through escrow and i feel very insecure.. 3 days ago i would be very cool about escrow..
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 09:33:11 PM

Hi everyone, I am the REAL master-p.

MY ACCOUNT WAS NEVER SOLD.

It was hacked.

I seem to have gotten keylogged and have lost all my saved passwords including my accounts on bitcointalk, gmail, keybase, etc.

Right now I don't have access to my PGP key, my bitcointalk and gmail account, and my skype account which I seldom use.

I believe I got hacked on the 14th or 15th where I mistakenly downloaded something which may have caused the keylogger/malware to be installed.

I did not know it was a keylogger at the time and then shortly after that I went out of town. After the evenining of the 14th I no longer had constant access to the internet. When I did get wifi I tried to log in to bitcointalk but oddly found that my saved password wasn't working on my mobile. I assume that my mobile was not synced correctly to my desktop's saved password.

After getting back online and seeing all this it now makes sense. I am not currently at home, and I won't be for another week or so.

I can assume my private keys have been exposed as well since it seems like the hacker has gained control of my wallet on my desktop PC. Looks like the hacker may also have access to my steam account now but the password has not been changed as the steam guard has protected me on that front.

It is also safe to assume the hacker has been impersonating me via PMs, e-mail, and even Skype and now has pull off this terrible scam.

At this point is there anything I can do? I have remote access to my desktop. If there's any way for me to remedy this or to change my bitcoin wallet passwords please let me know.

Right now my computer is shut off, I guess a power outage happened but I can get it booted up remotely. I don't want to turn it on though as I assume the keylogger/hacker would gain immediate access to all my info again if he has not already.

Is there a way for me to safely change my wallet passwords without having to log in to my main PC where my Armory wallet is installed?

Guys I'm sorry this happened. I wish I had seen this sooner but I didn't have time to find wifi to sign on while I'm out of town.

I will check back here whenever I can for the next week or so but I can't guarantee any fast responses.

I looked up a few of the addresses and see the funds are not moved, including my tipping address where all the funds are still there. Is there a chance the hacker can't change my wallet password because my computer is turned off, thus unable to move the funds?

So you want to say that you found that you could not log in into your bitcointalk account half a month ago. And all the time up till now your escrow liabilities allowed you to NOT log in for 2 weeks? This story is simply stupid. You would have needed to try the next day because you most probably would have gotten a number of pm's because of escrow. There is no way your story could be real.

Anyway... for the nearly non existent chance you are speak the truth... you need to go home, disconnect your internet, boot up in safe mode, or no, way better, boot with a linux live DVD or CD. Then copy over your armory to a safe computer. No keylogger could hurt you that way and you would be able to access the escrow funds.

If your story is true you would be able to show the truth of your story in some days. I don't see that coming though.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 09:37:00 PM

if it was a hack as the third account claims, then the hypothetical hacker would likely have taken the money already, assuming this hack even exists, the private keys are already compromised given the signed message: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1306301.msg13378692#msg13378692

really find it hard to believe this claim is true.

He wrote something about his wallet needs a verification from his smartphone. Does Armory support 2FA maybe? It might be an explaination for why the coins didn't move. Of course only when you want to take his story.

peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 09:37:37 PM

Seb just put it plainly. Either b00t with n0piX and get t3h fundZ secured with pr00f, or you were just here to p1ll4ge and r0b.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 09:40:18 PM

All you self-righteous assholes can suck a bag of dicks. Its real easy to sit on the sidelines and criticize others, but what have you done to help this community? I have been here since 2011, and I sure as fuck have paid for my attempts to point out corruption around here (even when staff are involved), but none of you self-righteous slits were there then backing me up were you? I don't owe you or this community anything, so you can just get in line with the rest to go fuck yourself with your judgements and condemnations. Maybe next time I will just keep it to myself and you idiots can scour the net for his details yourself.

(P.S. Hey geniuses, releasing some ones DOX means you end any leverage you have over a scammer. I am giving him an opportunity to make this right and return the coins before doxing him, but keep judging people morally, it will take you places.)
point taken, but i only said i didnt condone it, nothing more, nothing less. thats just my opinion.

I don't normally condone it either, but I am a firm believer in common law justice. Once you break the laws of society you have no more rights by the community than an animal does. IMO this is the only way to remind those that would harm others how near they are to being harmed themselves, and that they are protected only by that paper thin concept of civil society, and thus need to learn to protect it rather than exploit it lest it be revoked and they live as outcasts, open game for anyone to freely abuse.

A true American! Trump would be proud of you!
It gives such a positive image of the community. I really feel at home!
And yet people wonder why btc is not on the late adoption part? Well maybe the community is a bit responsible no?
No law, no trust... And when something goes wrong you all go on a rampage, digging up personal data for... For what? Finding him IRL and beat him up? Yeah sure! i feel so safe with all of you guys <3

Not everyone is a thug who would beat him to a pulp. In fact i doubt that anyone would do, it's probably only anger and a big mouth. But there are people who would sue him just for serving justice. And you really don't think that selling information that allows to impersonate you and sell money that was given you as a trustee is legally pretty fine don't you? He can be made liable most probably.

hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 09:42:07 PM

if it was a hack as the third account claims, then the hypothetical hacker would likely have taken the money already, assuming this hack even exists, the private keys are already compromised given the signed message: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1306301.msg13378692#msg13378692

He wrote something about his wallet needs a verification from his smartphone. Does Armory support 2FA maybe? It might be an explaination for why the coins didn't move. Of course only when you want to take his story.

So the million $ question is who logged in using the master-p official account yesterday?

master-p profile shows last logged in December 28, 2015, 02:39:46 PM: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=89329
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 09:50:11 PM

if the private keys were compromised, which, if this story is true, they should be considering the signed message linked in my quoted post, the hacker wouldnt need any sort of 2FA to move the coins. the private keys would give a hypothetical hacker full control of the coins regardless of whatever security measures armory provides.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 09:53:57 PM

This might help matters a bit.

*The real master P*, if you are the real masterp can you please PM me the email account that is connected to your bank account that I sent money to for the transaction that took place here (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1180592)?

Edit; An email from that address might actually be better sent to dogedigital@gmail.com as I don't believe masterp's email address has been compromised.

If his computer was in fact compromised, this wont tell us anything.

have you noticed how conveniently "real master p" changed their travel plans to match your doxing ultimatum?

i think he/she is hoping for you to extend the deadline perhaps will even send some funds out before the 1st...

I am not currently at home, and I won't be for another week or so.

I will be home in less than 2 days to try what I can.

Of course I am taking this into consideration. An extension wont help him if he doesn't eventually return the funds. On the other hand on the slim chance this is the truth, he should have a chance to restore the harmed parties first shouldn't he? Who is served by his doxing and no one getting paid back?

What about showing the transaction from the online banking for this transaction?  I don't imagine his banking account would be compromised and the real masterp should only have access to it.

This probably shouldn't be shared publicly, but if and when it comes time to dox him this might be useful in verifying his identity.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 09:57:10 PM

Next thing is, many pools will not even have the ability to follow that request. Excluding a transaction or input address needs code in place to be able to do so. I doubt many will have such possibility built in already.

I think it is fully futile to await that a transaction can be kept from confirming that way.

Not sure how far this is feasible. But I got an idea.

How about us all contacting all the mining pools and ask them not to confirm the transactions that spend coins from the escrow addresses unless the coins are sent to the real owners.

For example, we ask them to confirm the transaction which spends the coins from 18PJHZTTPvcWrpBMnFStgyuphpvuwTgT3k to 1QF1Eo1mXv7M93FuntAHuiSGx2wkpxqJem. This is so because that address was given to me via master-P to me for escrow for a trade. Only such transaction will be confirmed.

This will at least temporarily force him to refund the money.

I need some opinions from people before this happens.

Imo thats impractical. Youre forgetting about the solo miners here  Undecided

They are like 0.1-1%, if that happens, then its inevitable. But most big pools can do this.

Still, not every pool will care about this. Many will be slow to respond, and the scammer may send his coins any time before they announce the changes.

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6657

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 09:57:57 PM

Of course I am taking this into consideration. An extension wont help him if he doesn't eventually return the funds. On the other hand on the slim chance this is the truth, he should have a chance to restore the harmed parties first shouldn't he? Who is served by his doxing and no one getting paid back?
Actually, Master-P is most likely using an old version of Armory (0.93.2) which now produces nonstandard transactions with a High S value. This could lead to him being unable to send coins anywhere. So if he does come up with an excuse about Armory not letting him send, give him the benefit of the doubt and tell him to upgrade to Armory 0.93.3 so that it will actually send. And ask for a signed message from him that is a "Clearsign Signature" (it is a format that armory uses) since in that type of signature from Armory, the Armory version is included in the signed message so we would know whether there are actually technical issues or if he is lying.

peonminer

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 09:58:21 PM

"Couldn't find wifi on my trip."

Where the fux did you go? The Congo? The Nile? Denial?? Cellphone reception is rampant unless you vacationed to your long lost cousin's home in BFE.

'Got keylogged.'

How TF did you sign a message, then?

The amount of endless stories smells of a trail deterrent. Toss 100 hams on various trails. They all smell like honey, yet they are all rotting flesh.
GSpgh

Activity: 532
Merit: 302

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 09:59:52 PM

he's an NSFW googler

he can find all kinds of dirt and/or annoy someone to the point of a public meltdown...
peonminer

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 10:00:35 PM

he's an NSFW googler

he can find all kinds of dirt and/or annoy someone pwns lying n00bz daily to the point of a public meltdown...
ftfy
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 10:00:40 PM

The real master-P would re-pay his customers out of his own pocket, would he've been hacked. As far as that does not happened, this is a scam.

I'm so damn sorry to see this, not only as customers of mine got scammed, but for the whole bitcoin community.

I would have thought so too but the real master-P would have come with a convincing explaination long ago. He didn't. the explainations that came in make no sense on every edge of story.

bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 10:01:58 PM

"Couldn't find wifi on my trip."

Where the fux did you go? The Congo? The Nile? Denial?? Cellphone reception is rampant unless you vacationed to your long lost cousin's home in BFE.

Cell reception != wifi

Before you say "we'll he could tether his computer through his phone" many people don't have that because it's an additional $30/mo for minimal benefit

{ BitSpill }
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 10:02:21 PM

i was the one who originally messaged him about the issue, and he has removed me since this blew up. i also recall EAL (the mod) was on his friends list too under the steam ign EAL F. Skillz (profile home page, saw it by chance), but i dont see him on there anymore either. pretty likely he (master-p) has already purged his steam to completely cut off ties from the forum.

I was also on his steam friends list. He also removed me. Clearly he is trying to cut off ties from the forum.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 10:02:49 PM

At this point I don't think it matters who believes me or not.

If I can't restore access to my wallets to return everyone's funds, or the hacker succeeds in transferring the coins out of the escrow wallets then I will compensate everyone out of my own pocket at the best of my abilities.

My reputation has been tarnished. Scammer or not, my poor security practices to allow such an event to take place has forever ruined my reputation in this community. Therefore after I have (hopefully) resolved and repaid everyone, I will be leaving this community permanently. Regardless if I get "dox'd" or not. I am not a scammer, this whole thing is just a huge misfortune for everyone including myself.

I would want to believe you but there is no way i can imagine you sitting around 14 days without the need of logging into bitcointalk. If you would have tried to do so then you would have warned everyone 2 weeks ago. You have a convincing explaination for that?

tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 10:05:10 PM

Well if this story is true then the money is gone, and master-p owes all of his customers his escrow funds. I used him as an escrow for a tranasction once. It makes me think twice about finding work here on this forum.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
peonminer

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 10:05:17 PM

i was the one who originally messaged him about the issue, and he has removed me since this blew up. i also recall EAL (the mod) was on his friends list too under the steam ign EAL F. Skillz (profile home page, saw it by chance), but i dont see him on there anymore either. pretty likely he (master-p) has already purged his steam to completely cut off ties from the forum.

I was also on his steam friends list. He also removed me. Clearly he is trying to cut off ties from the forum.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: