Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:23:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 255 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin puzzle transaction ~32 BTC prize to who solves it  (Read 188288 times)
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
March 08, 2023, 06:48:18 PM

This is the fundamental problem that people don't understand. The vulnerability is in ECDSA, not the SHA256 hash function.
It's the opposite, FYI ECDSA and SHA-256 are entirely different, they just happened to operate in the same bit range. SHA-256 is used all around the world for many purposes and is more prone to fail from a collision attack.
In ECDSA, more specifically in bitcoin, you have a barrier called computation cost, whilst in SHA-256 you don't need to compute so much as you need to do in bitcoin.

I believe no one with a quantum computer would directly and publicly attack bitcoin addresses, not everyone is a criminal. As history is my witness, technology/ knowledge, is not given to a certain group of people, it's given to many in different parts of the world, that's why we have pyramid shape structures all over the world, that's why we usually hear different names when we talk about the greatest inventions, the knowledge is somewhat evenly distributed in a timely manner. Point being, if the bad guys have their weapons, the good guys also have their defense system.

🖤😏
Evillo

Activity: 185
Merit: 15

Two things you should never abandon: Family & BTC

View Profile
March 08, 2023, 09:40:11 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2023, 04:54:36 AM by Mr. Big

This is the fundamental problem that people don't understand. The vulnerability is in ECDSA, not the SHA256 hash function.
It's the opposite, FYI ECDSA and SHA-256 are entirely different, they just happened to operate in the same bit range. SHA-256 is used all around the world for many purposes and is more prone to fail from a collision attack.
In ECDSA, more specifically in bitcoin, you have a barrier called computation cost, whilst in SHA-256 you don't need to compute so much as you need to do in bitcoin.

I believe no one with a quantum computer would directly and publicly attack bitcoin addresses, not everyone is a criminal. As history is my witness, technology/ knowledge, is not given to a certain group of people, it's given to many in different parts of the world, that's why we have pyramid shape structures all over the world, that's why we usually hear different names when we talk about the greatest inventions, the knowledge is somewhat evenly distributed in a timely manner. Point being, if the bad guys have their weapons, the good guys also have their defense system.

Well said .. i just showed the gentleman that when using pub key attack you would be 1 billion trillion times faster than mere sha256 cracking .. although the it's not even always the case unless you're using BSGS and even then my numbers are too optimistic.. also by calculating private key from pub key, you are basically using compute units to make complex operations other than simply iterating through hexadecimals then converting them to hash160 like the case with private key cracking .. and yet somehow my words aren't convincing.. But let's assume we are using Kangaroo to attack with pub keys, my last example was a VERY optimistic scenario that resulted in 23 million years of work to arrive at an address .. here is the same example in plain text for those reading this .. let's say you use a code that acts like JeanLuc's kangaroo on quantum computers after creating the quantum circuit correctly, all this means is that you are a few billion trillion times faster (again, absurdly optimistic numbers) than cracking using say a quantum code equivalent to bitcrack.. you're still left with more than a dozen million years because guess what, you have no idea where this pub key will eventually land ..

However, luck always scares me when it works in the favor of an attacker, a malicious attacker could run such code in a random mode and hope to land by coincidence on an address with balance .. at least they have an advantage of more speed .. say roughly a billion times faster than a powerful classic PC. Problem is, it's still bound to luck.. because without luck, a billion times faster in ECDSA is just peanuts. Actually No, even peanuts is an overstatement. But yet again, luck knows no laws. It's just it.

This is quoted from RESEARCHGATE website:

We show in some detail how to implement Shor's efficient quantum algorithm for discrete logarithms for the particular case of elliptic curve groups. It turns out that for this problem a smaller quantum computer can solve problems further beyond current computing than for integer factorisation. A 160 bit elliptic curve cryptographic key could be broken on a quantum computer using around 1000 qubits while factoring the security-wise equivalent 1024 bit RSA modulus would require about 2000 qubits.

Someone enlighten me, if the above was true.. why isn't Qiskit or IBM a dozen billion dollars richer? According to the abstract above, they both clearly have the qubits necessary to attack ECDSA with Shor lol . Something is not right. This is either overrated estimation of the strength of quantum bits, or IBM/Qiskit are angels.

Cool Story Bro.
BTC: 1EviLLo1Y5VeNn2Lajv9tdZTkUuVgePVYN
digaran
Copper Member

🖤😏

View Profile
March 09, 2023, 06:04:12 PM

We show in some detail how to implement Shor's efficient quantum algorithm for discrete logarithms for the particular case of elliptic curve groups. It turns out that for this problem a smaller quantum computer can solve problems further beyond current computing than for integer factorisation. A 160 bit elliptic curve cryptographic key could be broken on a quantum computer using around 1000 qubits while factoring the security-wise equivalent 1024 bit RSA modulus would require about 2000 qubits.

Someone enlighten me, if the above was true.. why isn't Qiskit or IBM a dozen billion dollars richer? According to the abstract above, they both clearly have the qubits necessary to attack ECDSA with Shor lol . Something is not right. This is either overrated estimation of the strength of quantum bits, or IBM/Qiskit are angels.
While elliptic curve and RSA encryption are different, 160 bit elliptic curve is not used in bitcoin. I would say in order to find a private key by knowing the public key in secp256k1 (bitcoin) you'd need to crack a 2048 RSA key. I might be wrong. According to my own knowledge, the security of bitcoin is 128 bit, if I'm not wrong we'd need to do 2^128 operations to find the target private key.  I would say a very *strong QC, could crack the 2^80 operations in a few days, considering they have a few million terabyte in RAM.

*= in 15 years from now.

🖤😏
Evillo

View Profile
March 10, 2023, 01:47:34 PM

While elliptic curve and RSA encryption are different, 160 bit elliptic curve is not used in bitcoin. I would say in order to find a private key by knowing the public key in secp256k1 (bitcoin) you'd need to crack a 2048 RSA key. I might be wrong. According to my own knowledge, the security of bitcoin is 128 bit, if I'm not wrong we'd need to do 2^128 operations to find the target private key.  I would say a very *strong QC, could crack the 2^80 operations in a few days, considering they have a few million terabyte in RAM.

*= in 15 years from now.

I get it now .. Thanks 👍

Cool Story Bro.
coin790

Activity: 48
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 16, 2023, 12:23:19 AM

I read the repository I am not an expert but I want to try this because mining already died for me. I tried to mine bitcoin and the pools always disconnected me I think they ignored me because I am not an ASIC team now I want to try this but there is no one to help me you seem know a lot about running this. Could you please teach me 🙏 I'm a bitcoin enthusiast but I can't against. the mining asic and I want to waste my time. github it seems that it was removed
AlanJohnson

Activity: 93
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 16, 2023, 09:50:05 AM

I read the repository I am not an expert but I want to try this because mining already died for me. I tried to mine bitcoin and the pools always disconnected me I think they ignored me because I am not an ASIC team now I want to try this but there is no one to help me you seem know a lot about running this. Could you please teach me 🙏 I'm a bitcoin enthusiast but I can't against. the mining asic and I want to waste my time. github it seems that it was removed

First of all you should realize how hard it will be for you to solve any remaining puzzle. (i guess you not have a massive GPU farm)

digaran
Copper Member

🖤😏

View Profile
March 16, 2023, 11:45:49 AM

What was removed from github? This is not something for people to try and earn money, we are looking for ways to hack bitcoin addresses, there are so far 2 methods, one is brute force which is generating bitcoin addresses one by one to see if we can generate one of the puzzle addresses or not. The other way is more advanced and requires decent hardware, with normal home computers you can't try the second method.
My advice, if you are after earning money, this is not for you, others have already collected the easy coins, but if you think you can find some ways to hack bitcoin addresses then you should visit project development and technical discussion boards to read some useful posts.

🖤😏
AlanJohnson

View Profile
March 16, 2023, 12:24:24 PM

What was removed from github? This is not something for people to try and earn money, we are looking for ways to hack bitcoin addresses, there are so far 2 methods, one is brute force which is generating bitcoin addresses one by one to see if we can generate one of the puzzle addresses or not. The other way is more advanced and requires decent hardware, with normal home computers you can't try the second method.
My advice, if you are after earning money, this is not for you, others have already collected the easy coins, but if you think you can find some ways to hack bitcoin addresses then you should visit project development and technical discussion boards to read some useful posts.

Being precise it needs to be told that for puzzle transactions where we don't know public keys there is only one method currenly : bruteforce.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

digaran
Copper Member

🖤😏

View Profile
March 16, 2023, 03:00:17 PM

Being precise it needs to be told that for puzzle transactions where we don't know public keys there is only one method currenly : bruteforce.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

You are not wrong, but he doesn't know anything about the subject, so explaining the technics won't help.

From #1 to #65 by brute forcing and from #65 to #120 by public key collision were the easiest tasks, from now on things are massive, requiring advanced tech. Still possible though if you spend some money.

🖤😏
coin790

View Profile
March 16, 2023, 11:51:13 PM

I'm not trying to make free money if you could see my life you wouldn't think that. I have been trying to earn my bitcoin for many years. I started in 2017 in cryptocurrency faucets to collect my first fractions of bitcoin until faucetbox ran away with the users' satoshis I lost 0.00130000 satoshis and then I decided to start mining I used my personal computer extracting monero in minergate until 2019
2 years lost mining for free for minergate until when the pool began to keep the cryptocurrencies of the miners I lost 0.03 xmr.
going to share my situation this is my equipment 
silver computer is the one I'm going to use. It's getting dusty. I just want to occupy it with something. I need to configure this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oxUic5NGg0h5wmx5bvWE6NFgOW3Jy-dP/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pO9gLeyMD6bdchKSxAb-Or1NXTWAC6B3/view?usp=drivesdk
AlanJohnson

View Profile
March 17, 2023, 04:41:36 AM

I'm not trying to make free money if you could see my life you wouldn't think that. I have been trying to earn my bitcoin for many years. I started in 2017 in cryptocurrency faucets to collect my first fractions of bitcoin until faucetbox ran away with the users' satoshis I lost 0.00130000 satoshis and then I decided to start mining I used my personal computer extracting monero in minergate until 2019
2 years lost mining for free for minergate until when the pool began to keep the cryptocurrencies of the miners I lost 0.03 xmr.
going to share my situation this is my equipment 
silver computer is the one I'm going to use. It's getting dusty. I just want to occupy it with something. I need to configure this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oxUic5NGg0h5wmx5bvWE6NFgOW3Jy-dP/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pO9gLeyMD6bdchKSxAb-Or1NXTWAC6B3/view?usp=drivesdk

I can't see any computer there... I can only see a one big mess in a ruined interior. I hope its not your home.

I understand you want to try cracking bitcoin puzzles and of course it your choice. You can try for example program called bitCrack.

But i can see you totally don't understand whats going here - all puzzles till 65 bit are solved. So now you could try bruteforcing puzzle 66. Before you start you must realize what a puzzle 66 means.

I can write a long story but i will write you this short: you will never solve it and you will be just wasting time and electricity. Its too hard to crack it if you dont have a huge processing power. As huge processing power i don't mean a powerful PC. I mean like 200 GPU farm.

First of all you should learn how many combinations exist in a 66 key space. Then you could see how many attempts per second your computer is making...and you will see how incredibly low your chances are to solve it.

Mining any shitcoin will make you almost zero profit...but trying craking remaining bitcoin puzzles on home computer is pure stupidity.
coin790

View Profile
March 17, 2023, 05:27:45 AM

This is my house, that's how I live, that's why I want to try this, it's not ambition. I have no other choice, cryptocurrencies are my only hope to get ahead financially. it shows up at 00:14 seconds an old silver ideadpad laptop with the lid closed i only used it for 2 years mining monero and then i use it for internet stuff it's on top of the cooler it's gathering dust it has a nvidia 950M
AlanJohnson

View Profile
March 17, 2023, 11:08:57 AM

This is my house, that's how I live, that's why I want to try this, it's not ambition. I have no other choice, cryptocurrencies are my only hope to get ahead financially. it shows up at 00:14 seconds an old silver ideadpad laptop with the lid closed i only used it for 2 years mining monero and then i use it for internet stuff it's on top of the cooler it's gathering dust it has a nvidia 950M

I can assure you there is a bigger chance that some random shitcoin will pump than you will solve any bitcoin puzzle on a laptop... That simply not gonna happen.

BTW Mining bitcoin or any other asic coin is pointless on home computer.

I don't want to beat you down but you will not recover financially on crypto if all your hardware base is an old laptop.

Trying to solve puzzles is pointless for you.

Maybe try to mine something that is designed for cpu mining and if you will be very lucky it will skyrocket some day.

But rather avoid projects that are just bitcoin/litecoin clones with changed few parameters...

And clean that garbage in your place. It looks like a damn landfill.

digaran
Copper Member

🖤😏

View Profile
March 18, 2023, 04:27:40 AM

Yeah, I used to go to that scam site, funny I didn't know at the time that mining from browser is a waste of time, and then they blocked my ip.
I hope you understand that mining any coin should be done considering electricity cost, it doesn't matter if you could mine a million bucks in crypto if you have to pay more for the electricity. (even with free electricity) you won't go far.

I understand your situation and I'm really sorry, I wish I could help, but don't waste your time on this puzzle, unless you have a bright mind to figure out another way to solve them, relying on the currently available tech is not enough.

I wonder, why #120 private key is not revealed, chop chop who ever you are, don't keep us waiting.😉

🖤😏
AlanJohnson

View Profile
March 18, 2023, 06:46:14 AM

I wonder, why #120 private key is not revealed, chop chop who ever you are, don't keep us waiting.😉

He don't have to release the private key publicly. Maybe he even doesn't know about this thread.

I'm more curious why he didn't took forked coins. There is still BSV, BCH and BTG there (and maybe few others).
zielar

Activity: 277
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 18, 2023, 04:17:35 PM

He don't have to release the private key publicly. Maybe he even doesn't know about this thread.

I'm more curious why he didn't took forked coins. There is still BSV, BCH and BTG there (and maybe few others).

If he didn't know about the existence of this thread - he wouldn't know about the existence of this challenge :-)

If you want - you can send me a donation to my BTC wallet address 31hgbukdkehcuxcedchkdbsrygegyefbvd
AlanJohnson

View Profile
March 18, 2023, 05:42:59 PM

If he didn't know about the existence of this thread - he wouldn't know about the existence of this challenge :-)

Maybe you are right. I thought it was just one of many puzzle forum threads. I didn't knew it's the original thread.
brainless

Activity: 316
Merit: 34

View Profile
March 18, 2023, 08:06:07 PM

Puzzle 120 solver, definatly very well know about these threads, related developments, bitcrack, kangaroo, vantisearch, keyhunt, bsgs etc,
options are for puzzle 64 and 120, solver never post prvkeys,
maybe puzzle creator  ... just for make puzzle live, as no new development, group based attempts by developer, gpu farmers, and individual attempts by useing other develop apps,
reason, puzzle 120 pickup to new address, and no used,
in past every solved puzzle's were cash out by thier solver, for their needs, if they are developer, finder, coder, etc, every one need money, upon they find, they cashout, put puzzle 120 solver too easy, not picked up fork's, and nor cashout, simple transfer to an other address and waiting, what people try new things,
and here threads once asked prvkey, and no more talks, seems every one no more interest, due to silence from solver

13sXkWqtivcMtNGQpskD78iqsgVy9hcHLF
Evillo

View Profile
March 19, 2023, 02:26:43 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2023, 04:54:10 AM by Mr. Big

Puzzle 120 solver, definatly very well know about these threads, related developments, bitcrack, kangaroo, vantisearch, keyhunt, bsgs etc,
maybe puzzle creator  ... just for make puzzle live, as no new development, group based attempts by developer, gpu farmers, and individual attempts by useing other develop apps,
in past every solved puzzle's were cash out by thier solver, for their needs, if they are developer, finder, coder, etc, every one need money, upon they find, they cashout, put puzzle 120 solver too easy, not picked up fork's, and nor cashout, simple transfer to an other address and waiting, what people try new things,
and here threads once asked prvkey, and no more talks, seems every one no more interest, due to silence from solver

Good for us crackers for the puzzle  situation to be more discrete and dormant ..business 101:  lower competitio equals higher chance of success.

Say if only one cracker is attempting to find puzzle 66, the outcome is he will obviously be the one to solve it.

I'm not sure if it was the puzzle creator who withdrew the money, and i don't vote fot it. Leaving the puzzle to be normally solved by other crackers should be his goal from the beginning. After all, he wanted to test the security of BTC. Having such small bit ranges unsolved for as long as it takes shows him exactly how powerful the Bitcoin hash and curve are. Solving 120 early would defeat the purpose.

i have a theory that he doesn't even know it has money in other forks.

Cool Story Bro.
brainless

Activity: 316
Merit: 34

View Profile
March 19, 2023, 08:11:45 PM

maybe puzzle creator  ... just for make puzzle live, as no new development, group based attempts by developer, gpu farmers, and individual attempts by useing other develop apps,

Good for us crackers for the puzzle  situation to be more discrete and dormant ..business 101:  lower competitio equals higher chance of success.

Say if only one cracker is attempting to find puzzle 66, the outcome is he will obviously be the one to solve it.

I'm not sure if it was the puzzle creator who withdrew the money, and i don't vote fot it. Leaving the puzzle to be normally solved by other crackers should be his goal from the beginning. After all, he wanted to test the security of BTC. Having such small bit ranges unsolved for as long as it takes shows him exactly how powerful the Bitcoin hash and curve are. Solving 120 early would defeat the purpose.
" I'm not sure if it was the puzzle creator who withdrew the money"
no they did not withdraw the money, simple they shift coins to an other address, and still their after 20 day ,
this is Question
2nd puzzle were anounced at bitcointalk and all relvant development, discussions, research, etc here at bitcointalk, then how you can say solver dont know about relavant info here, even solver regular visitor here, for see talk's, and dont know how to post reply related to winning, and dont know much about fork's Smiley bro its 2023,

13sXkWqtivcMtNGQpskD78iqsgVy9hcHLF
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 255 »
  Print  

Jump to: