Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:10:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gun free zone  (Read 21887 times)
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 10:59:06 PM

Just going sane in an insane world.

Yeah, as I told... In the moment you think you are sane person in a world of insane people, you are certainly fucked up.

And I'm sure the dead victims would have liked to been able to defend their lives, as well.

Yeah, as I told... In the moment you think that dead children would like to defend themselves with lethal weapons which they were not taught to use, you are certainly fucked up.

Myrkul, seriously, I am sure you are a person with good intentions in everything you try to do. Get out of this forum for a while. Enjoy a whole week with your children, they need you more than this forum needs you.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2012, 11:04:53 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2012, 12:07:05 AM by myrkul

And I'm sure the dead victims would have liked to been able to defend their lives, as well.

Yeah, as I told... In the moment you think that dead children would like to defend themselves with lethal weapons which they were not taught to use, you are certainly fucked up.

The moment you think I would give five year old kids guns - especially without training them - you are certainly fucked up.

But I bet they sure wished somebody besides the crazy fucker were armed.

"Why isn't anyone shooting back?"
"Because they can't. The school's a gun-free zone."

Of course, teenagers are another matter...

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 04:37:01 AM

I bet they wished that crazy fucker wasn't armed at all.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 04:40:49 AM

I'm sure being beaten to death is much preferable to being shot.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FirstAscent

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 04:45:32 AM

If you can't think through your hypothetical scenario to the end, then you're an idiot.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 04:49:06 AM

If you can't think through your hypothetical scenario to the end, then you're an idiot.

Go ahead and walk through it for me. You already think I'm sub-moronic, so I don't think this will much change your attitude.

FirstAscent

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 04:51:33 AM

Go ahead and walk through it for me. You already think I'm sub-moronic, so I don't think this will much change your attitude.

Guy walks in and starts beating kid. All the other kids run out door. Teacher screams, calls 911. Other teachers come in and wrestle offender off of kid.

Duh!
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 05:08:16 AM

Guy walks in and starts beating kid. All the other kids run out door. Teacher screams, calls 911. Other teachers come in and wrestle offender off of kid.

Duh!

Guy walks in and shoots a kid. All the other kids run out the door. Teacher shoots the offender.

Duh!

The reality is that attackers like this will get weapons. Whether they use baseball bats, knives, or farm implements (fun fact: almost all melee weapons are modified farm implements), they will have something to put them at an advantage to an unarmed defender. Your little fantasy of teachers swarming the guy to take him down doesn't even hold much water even if everyone (attacker included) is unarmed. Academics are not known for their fighting ability.

augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 05:12:54 AM

Teacher shoots the offender.

Academics are not known for their fighting ability.

School teachers also are not known for they shooting skills.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 05:14:34 AM

If you seriously think that unarmed teachers are going to be able to do anything when people decide to get violent in a school you definitely haven't been to my previous schools, I hope all the other gun control advocates are as stupid as you are because once the initial shock of the Connecticut wears off people are all going to think you're morons.
FirstAscent

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 05:16:36 AM

Duh!

Guy walks in and shoots a kid. All the other kids run out the door. Teacher shoots the offender.

Duh!

The reality is that attackers like this will get weapons. Whether they use baseball bats, knives, or farm implements (fun fact: almost all melee weapons are modified farm implements), they will have something to put them at an advantage to an unarmed defender. Your little fantasy of teachers swarming the guy to take him down doesn't even hold much water even if everyone (attacker included) is unarmed. Academics are not known for their fighting ability.

I'm not sure the offenders in these scenarios were known for their fighting abilities either. Nor would I be so naive as to convince myself that teachers cannot be brave. Even if everything played out the way you describe it above, I'd take any and all scenarios above over assault rifle armed offenders. Are you too blindsided by your sick desires for a anything goes society to see that? It's obvious you are.
FirstAscent

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 05:17:45 AM

If you seriously think that unarmed teachers are going to be able to do anything when people decide to get violent in a school you definitely haven't been to my previous schools, I hope all the other gun control advocates are as stupid as you are because once the initial shock of the Connecticut wears off people are all going to think you're morons.

If you wish to move beyond speculation and proceed to hard numbers, feel free to do so.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 05:19:35 AM

Hey, which takes less time to learn?

A martial art, such as Karate, or how to hit a man-sized target at less than 10 feet?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 05:24:07 AM

Also, I found an interesting study:
http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.1086/340507?uid=3739256&uid=2&uid=4&sid=21101467503853

augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 05:27:48 AM

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~ucw/HistoryofWomenatISU/Women's%20Athletic%20Association.html

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 05:31:40 AM

It's highly amusing that you actually spent time in order to argue my point.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 05:32:59 AM

This is a little OT, but I think it fits with the overall discussion.

According to this the US homicide rate is more than four times higher than that where I live, and indeed most other Western or developed nations.

I keep reading comments here that "we need to keep firearms to protect ourselves". With such a massive homicide rate I can understand why everyone in the US is (probably rightly so) scared of everyone else, to the extent that they fear for their lives constantly. I'd like to know why it is that in such a modern country the homicide rate  is so high. If this could be solved, gun control would be less of an issue.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 05:34:33 AM

I'd like to know why it is that in such a modern country the homicide rate  is so high.

The study I linked above presents an interesting theory.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 05:37:24 AM

Do you have access to the whole article? The abstract isn't very enlightening I'm afraid.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 05:40:33 AM

Hey, which takes less time to learn?

A martial art, such as Karate, or how to hit a man-sized target at less than 10 feet?

Practising martial arts for 8 years now, still learning it and still have much to learn, a gun is definitely easier Tongue Also, I wouldn't bother arguing with FirstAscent, despite his claims he tends to ignore hard statistics and like many people in this world blame inanimate objects for the problems caused by human error.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: