Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:34:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 »
  Print  
Author Topic: btt  (Read 407300 times)
deltanine

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 09:45:32 PM

Mining revenue is off a bit today due to a problem with the computer feeding the minirig and singles. It was down nearly two hours before I could get to it and get it sorted.

Also I've divvied up the disbursement we received from ASICMiner yesterday into 7 equal parts and will add them to each day's dividend beginning with today's. Details are available at the link to the company's shared spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArTS7AD--9SWdDNfb0lRNElqS1k1eGRoWEw2TGM4NlE&pli=1#gid=0

Cheers.

Divs weren't off by much today at all.  But thanks for the heads up.

Freedom is a state of mind, and then Bitcoin comes along.....
-S4VV4S
Carnth

Activity: 634
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 09:56:11 PM

Also I've divvied up the disbursement we received from ASICMiner yesterday into 7 equal parts and will add them to each day's dividend beginning with today's.

Do you mean to say:
You've divvied up the dividend from ASICMiner in to 7 equal dividends and will add to each day's dividend beginning with today's dividend.

I couldn't help myself.  Grin
FloatesMcgoates

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 09:59:38 PM

Creative, I believe you are one of the most communicative and capable members around here who run a bitcoin mining related company. Unfortunately, I do not believe that simply buying hardware from 3rd parties in an attempt to maintain network percentage can be profitable in the wake of monstrous difficulty increases. Have you ever considered expanding from simply scouring the internet attempting to find cheap 3rd party hardware to actually taking the step in taking part in the manufacture of your own ASICs?
weezerfan

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 10:12:16 PM

Creative, I believe you are one of the most communicative and capable members around here who run a bitcoin mining related company. Unfortunately, I do not believe that simply buying hardware from 3rd parties in an attempt to maintain network percentage can be profitable in the wake of monstrous difficulty increases. Have you ever considered expanding from simply scouring the internet attempting to find cheap 3rd party hardware to actually taking the step in taking part in the manufacture of your own ASICs?

Related to this post, I was wondering what your plans are for the future in terms of keeping the dividends similar to current returns? I'm not really asking "how" you plan on doing it (that's a whole separate task) but  more so do intend to keep dividend payouts similar to today's rates? I know there are no guarantees, and I'm not asking for one but it would be nice to know if what you say in your business statement on the site about maintaining shareholder value directly relates to dividend rates. If that's the case, I feel great about investing with your company. We really only need to worry about keeping up with the difficulty, but that's not too hard.   Wink
FloatesMcgoates

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 10:22:38 PM

Related to this post, I was wondering what your plans are for the future in terms of keeping the dividends similar to current returns? I'm not really asking "how" you plan on doing it (that's a whole separate task) but  more so do intend to keep dividend payouts similar to today's rates? I know there are no guarantees, and I'm not asking for one but it would be nice to know if what you say in your business statement on the site about maintaining shareholder value directly relates to dividend rates. If that's the case, I feel great about investing with your company. We really only need to worry about keeping up with the difficulty, but that's not too hard.   Wink

Keeping up with difficulty will be hard, especially since each miner brings diminishing returns.

Say for example basic had 10% of network (again, just an example) at 10TH, and wishes to maintain its percentage
If network difficulty goes up 20%, Basic would need to add 2 TH
Network difficulty increases again by 20%, Basic would need to add 2.4 TH
Network difficulty increases again by 20%, Basic would need to add 2.88 TH
Network difficulty increases again by 20%, Basic would need to add 3.45 TH

As we are already seeing this have a major effect on the business - In order to keep up with difficulty increases, creativex would have to add 5 avalons every 12 days. Clearly, this is a near impossible task given the dearth of supply and the unreliability of buying the machines in the first place.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 10:25:36 PM

Related to this post, I was wondering what your plans are for the future in terms of keeping the dividends similar to current returns? I'm not really asking "how" you plan on doing it (that's a whole separate task) but  more so do intend to keep dividend payouts similar to today's rates? I know there are no guarantees, and I'm not asking for one but it would be nice to know if what you say in your business statement on the site about maintaining shareholder value directly relates to dividend rates. If that's the case, I feel great about investing with your company. We really only need to worry about keeping up with the difficulty, but that's not too hard.   Wink

Keeping up with difficulty will be hard, especially since each miner brings diminishing returns.

Say for example basic had 10% of network (again, just an example) at 10TH, and wishes to maintain its percentage

As we are already seeing this have a major effect on the business - In order to keep up with difficulty increases, creativex would have to add 5 avalons every 12 days. Clearly, this is a near impossible task given the dearth of supply and the unreliability of buying the machines in the first place.

What about TAT.VIRTUALMINE?  Hashes on demand!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
creativex (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 10:56:55 PM

Also I've divvied up the disbursement we received from ASICMiner yesterday into 7 equal parts and will add them to each day's dividend beginning with today's.

Do you mean to say:
You've divvied up the dividend from ASICMiner in to 7 equal dividends and will add to each day's dividend beginning with today's dividend.

I couldn't help myself.  Grin

Tired, it's been a ridiculously long day. I still haven't deciphered the difference between what I posted and what you posted.

I'm going to get some coffee...come back here and umm...read your riddle buddy. Wink

creativex (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 11:22:57 PM

Thank you FloatesMcG, kind of you to say. It saddens me somewhat to have to disagree with you after such a nice lead-in. Smiley While obviously nobody can keep up with difficulty increases step for step right now(not even FC), nor should they beat themselves to death trying, we all know this kind of expansion cannot go on forever. It will go on until the market is saturated, pre-order queues dry up, and mining margins thin significantly. If you take the pulse of the forum just now it's easy to see attitudes changing from "ASIC ANYTHING = TAKE MY MONEY NOW!" to "2Th/s for $16k? pffft...overpriced". Remarkably that vendor quickly lowered their pricetag in response. For now I'm just holding on and trying to make decisions that ensure we at least break even on every purchase.

It was never my intent to build a company based on scavenging gear, it's just my mechanism for adapting to the current market forces. There just isn't a reliable supplier of in hand original equipment that's priced in such a way that there's still enough meat on the bone to justify the risks. This will change in the near future IMO, and the people with dry powder will benefit. Love what's going on over at bitfury for instance.

I work and travel a lot in addition to this gig, which has btw, consumed a whole lot more of my time than I'd originally intended, but it's also been mostly fun. I'd consider doing something closer to the source if I quit my day job. I could see the benefit in ordering raw chips and assembling my own boards at least.

Cheers.

creativex (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 12:13:53 AM

Related to this post, I was wondering what your plans are for the future in terms of keeping the dividends similar to current returns? I'm not really asking "how" you plan on doing it (that's a whole separate task) but  more so do intend to keep dividend payouts similar to today's rates? I know there are no guarantees, and I'm not asking for one but it would be nice to know if what you say in your business statement on the site about maintaining shareholder value directly relates to dividend rates. If that's the case, I feel great about investing with your company. We really only need to worry about keeping up with the difficulty, but that's not too hard.   Wink

Hi weezerfan. I'd very much like to simply calculate how many avalons we'd need to add on to keep up with difficulty each re-target and go out and source them, but that won't work as we'd eventually go broke. Safeguarding shareholder value is much more than just maintaining a consistent dividend payout. I have to run each and every purchase candidate through my own common sense detector to determine if we're likely to at the very least get our money back out of this gear before I have to unplug it to stop losses from expenses. We're at a crossroad here where those on the cutting edge are transitioning to 2nd gen ASIC equipment and just like the previous major equipment shifts(CPU --> GPU --> FPGA --> ASIC) there's a lot to gain or lose. I believe we have to keep sufficient powder dry so that we can make significant purchases of gen2 gear when it's actually available.

What FMG points out in the post following yours is accurate, but, if we play it smart we don't have to be victimized by the laws of big numbers. Sure while it would take 17 avalons to double our hashrate now, a single cointerra unit would more than double our hashrate in Dec or January. We just have to not shoot ourselves in the foot before we can get there. In between I see potential in bitfury's products for October delivery and possibly knc's products for November delivery to possibly tide us over.

Also I think it's important to keep in mind that while the law of big numbers applies to our hashrate, so too it applies to everyone else's and the global network itself. It's not hard to believe the global network can expand by 3%/day for a few quarters after new technology revolutionizes mining, but the amount of capital required to sustain that growth long term eventually makes it unsustainable unless the exchange rate grows along with it, which in turn would make older less efficient gear profitable longer.

Cheers.

creativex (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 12:23:03 AM

What about TAT.VIRTUALMINE?  Hashes on demand!

Hi iCEBREAKER. I'm afraid I've already alienated a number of shareholders by investing in LC and AM. Tough to imagine the uproar if I went for something pretty much designed to lose over time. I'd likely have some abuse coming too in that instance.

Cheers. 

guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 04:57:27 AM

Hey creativex, not sure what your standards are for buying ASICs, like price-wise, but here are a couple I found:
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-computers-Bitcoin-ASIC-Miner-Avalon-82GH-s-W0QQAdIdZ513386640 <-- He might be able to talk down a bit, ad has been up for over 2 weeks.
http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-computers-Powerful-Bitcoin-miner-BFL-Little-Single-30GH-S-IN-HAND-W0QQAdIdZ517428676 <-- 30 GH/s for $2500, again *might* be able to talk down a bit

But Kijiji recommends to always do in-person transactions. I guess escrow is an option? Not sure you want to do that route though.

But just throwing out ideas. Smiley

Also: If a scrypt FPGA or ASIC is created, do you have plans to invest early in them creativex?

Thanks for the awesome job today as always BTW!
ShroomsKit

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 10:03:48 AM

And in the meantime the price per share just goes down and down and every day i'm telling myself i'm gonna wait for it to go back up before i sell so i won't have a massive loss. And every day my loss gets bigger Sad
Not blaming anyone but myself here by the way. The price just went up with every miner they bought. Till i bought shares and that day it stopped and went down.
It's just quite frustrating.
Sell now? Get those last few Bitcoins back before it drops even more? What to do?

Its price is not a very relevant factor in its adoption....
JimiQ84

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 10:24:19 AM

And in the meantime the price per share just goes down and down and every day i'm telling myself i'm gonna wait for it to go back up before i sell so i won't have a massive loss. And every day my loss gets bigger Sad
Not blaming anyone but myself here by the way. The price just went up with every miner they bought. Till i bought shares and that day it stopped and went down.
Sell now? Get those last few Bitcoins back before it drops even more? What to do?

If you don't really NEED "cash" BTC then wait until January, when our first 2nd gen ASIC will start hashing. (just assumption, but real one)
ShroomsKit

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 10:44:45 AM

If you don't really NEED "cash" BTC then wait until January, when our first 2nd gen ASIC will start hashing. (just assumption, but real one)

I don't need the money right now. I just don't see how the price can go up anymore.
Sure, next gen asics...well everyone will have next gen asics by then.

For the last weeks i just hoped the price will go up even a little bit short term so i can dumpthem but that just made me lose even more so far.
I accept the fact that it will never reach the price anymore at which i bought them (highest price of course) i just don't want to lose 75% of my investment.

Are there any positive short term predictions or are there no signals whatsoever the price will go up anymore? Am i better off selling right now?

Its price is not a very relevant factor in its adoption....
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 8237

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 01:16:37 PM

Hey creativex, not sure what your standards are for buying ASICs, like price-wise, but here are a couple I found:
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-computers-Bitcoin-ASIC-Miner-Avalon-82GH-s-W0QQAdIdZ513386640 <-- He might be able to talk down a bit, ad has been up for over 2 weeks.
http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-computers-Powerful-Bitcoin-miner-BFL-Little-Single-30GH-S-IN-HAND-W0QQAdIdZ517428676 <-- 30 GH/s for $2500, again *might* be able to talk down a bit

But Kijiji recommends to always do in-person transactions. I guess escrow is an option? Not sure you want to do that route though.

But just throwing out ideas. Smiley

Also: If a scrypt FPGA or ASIC is created, do you have plans to invest early in them creativex?

Thanks for the awesome job today as always BTW!

I PM'd him with the Alberta one but I just realized now reading your post that it was a 30G.  I thought it was a 50!  Seems kinds pricey now.

Take care
creativex (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 02:20:07 PM

Our share price is being driven by market sentiment and not fundamentals within the company. Even when we outpace the rate of network expansion it doesn't prop up the share price it merely increases our yield. Prevailing sentiment is that small mining companies and individual miners will be unable to compete in the near future. That I personally believe they're mistaken doesn't matter. I will continue to focus my efforts on the things within my sphere of influence.

Cheers.

BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 03:42:56 PM

Our share price is being driven by market sentiment and not fundamentals within the company. Even when we outpace the rate of network expansion it doesn't prop up the share price it merely increases our yield. Prevailing sentiment is that small mining companies and individual miners will be unable to compete in the near future. That I personally believe they're mistaken doesn't matter. I will continue to focus my efforts on the things within my sphere of influence.

Cheers.

If anything, IMO, time to buy more.

Bring that average down and when it goes back up (it will), you'll be pleased. bASIC has to be one of the best run outfit, large capital reserves, competent management both in terms of technicality and financial reality.

The dividends talk.

BTC Long.
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
⇾ Re: btt
August 30, 2013, 04:44:53 PM

Cheers.

If anything, IMO, time to buy more.

Bring that average down and when it goes back up (it will), you'll be pleased. bASIC has to be one of the best run outfit, large capital reserves, competent management both in terms of technicality and financial reality.

The dividends talk.
I agree, some more equipment would be nice.

I for one, would also be fine if bASIC took 10-20% off my dividend so that it's a 50/50 split between dividends and purchasing new equipment. I think in the long run that may increase dividends and if they ever went back to the 70% they are now, that would make even higher dividends.

But again, not sure if you want to do that and not sure what other shareholders think.
xuanxuan3317

Activity: 33
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 05:11:36 PM

The truth is I bought many shares at 0.48 and get some at 0.31. after drop, i think it is the time to rise. so i bought more at 0.22.  now it is 0.18.    i nearly loss 47 btc for this investment.

should i sold some? or keep watching?
stslimited

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 05:27:46 PM

Buy the rumor sell the news

News already came out, speculators took you to the cleaners
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 »
  Print  

Jump to: