Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:49:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 »
  Print  
Author Topic: btt  (Read 407293 times)
JimiQ84

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 06:59:46 AM

How about franchising Asicminer blades? No risk, just profit!  Grin

Franchising
The board is working to polish the franchising program and is currently discussing the idea of hosting auctions to determine the best pay-per-share rates for ASICMINER, and what profitability the franchises require to operate. ASICMINER intends to grow the franshising program at a faster pace in October, so please participate in this process if you are capable of hosting blades and looking to mitigate some of your risks in buying hardware.
In order to make accurate bids, franchisees need 3 things:
1) Some of the blades as a sample, so they can plan and see what they are doing.
2) Reliable estimates and timelines for delivery, as this can severely impact the ability to operate efficiently.
3) Clear terms or a formula to know when their PPS value can be adjusted as the difficulty increases.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 03:23:04 PM

I'm sorry, but what's to stop BitFunder from going south tomorrow? Or did I miss something?

BTC Long.
creativex (OP)

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 05:22:10 PM

Nothing.

I like Havelock, but they're still exploring the legality of operations within their own regulatory environment(Canada).

Esh

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 05:39:53 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2013, 08:36:01 PM by Esh

The regulatory environment in Canada is rather more promising than the present situation in the United States, due to a regulatory ruling regarding Bitcoin last year on the part of Revenue Canada (the Canadian equivalent of the IRS). Under Canadian law, Bitcoins are most analogous to gold (i.e. a commodity) and are not money. When exchanging Bitcoins for fiat, one therefore creates the only relevant taxable event in the chain of transactions. The differences between the securities environments in the United States and Canada are also worth noting. Canada lacks a federal securities regulator (despite a small step having been taking towards one last week), and the provincial securities regulators are therefore less powerful and consequently far less aggressive than the SEC. Most security regulation infractions in Canada are a civil matter rather than criminal and IIROC (the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada) is a opt-in style self-policing organization within the securities industry rather than a government agency.

Some sources to get you started on your own reading if you're curious:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/revenue-canada-says-bitcoins-aren-t-tax-exempt-1.1395075
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/flaherty-new-securities-regulator/article14407154/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_securities_regulation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investment_Industry_Regulatory_Organization_of_Canada
creativex (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 05:45:24 PM

Hi Esh, thanks for the headsup. I keep abreast of economic freedom trends around the globe and am acutely aware that sadly Canada recently surpassed the US in this area. That said, I was going by what Havelock management themselves have stated very recently:

Could what happened to BTC.TC also happen with Havelock? What is the legal situation in Canada regarding virtual exchanges?

We don't know exactly whhy BTC-TC decided to close operations, only what's been mentioned on the threads.  We're still having ongoing discussions with our legal team in order to keep Havelock operational.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=135035.msg3219266#msg3219266

Worst case is we re-list somewhere that offers no greater stability than what we had at btct.co.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 08:33:30 PM

Hi Esh, thanks for the headsup. I keep abreast of economic freedom trends around the globe and am acutely aware that sadly Canada recently surpassed the US in this area. That said, I was going by what Havelock management themselves have stated very recently:

Could what happened to BTC.TC also happen with Havelock? What is the legal situation in Canada regarding virtual exchanges?

We don't know exactly whhy BTC-TC decided to close operations, only what's been mentioned on the threads.  We're still having ongoing discussions with our legal team in order to keep Havelock operational.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=135035.msg3219266#msg3219266

Worst case is we re-list somewhere that offers no greater stability than what we had at btct.co.

Just to throw in some information they have a company lightbox technologies and run their own exchange at canadianbitcoins.com along with havelock.

They also talk a fair bit with cavirtex so they are in my opinion one of the leaders in determining the legal environment in Canada.
http://www.lightbox.ca/
https://www.canadianbitcoins.com/

That said when burnside gives more info havelock will be able to reply better so we can just observe for now.

We don't know exactly whhy BTC-TC decided to close operations, only what's been mentioned on the threads.  We're still having ongoing discussions with our legal team in order to keep Havelock operational.

As an off-side was talking with Milo from Emgateway and was wondering if your legal team is running into similar issues.
As a recommendation sometimes it makes more sense to get it going then work on the regulators  Smiley

We don't actually know what BTC-TC's issues were so I can't even say if they are similar.  

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
bizz

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 06:02:41 PM

Burnside, can you tell us if you are in legal trouble? Or is it just possible legal trouble?

Things are pretty ugly for me right now.

I don't think I can comment beyond that.

Burnside, would you say the same for any of your issuers? Or are they out of harm's way?

Thanks for your posts and transparency.

Burnside's reply:

I don't know, but anyone involved in unregistered securities in the US should probably seek legal advice.
crashoveride54902

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 09:07:48 PM

first off...what a ride its been...I sold everything off few weeks ago...still kicking myself for not selling off when i had double my coins but oh well...still made a couple hundred off btctc...lucky i sold then and not now...well good luck to you creativex n everyone else...I'm cashing out my btc for fiat since i dunno if it is going to hit over 200 anytime soon...plus i need to pay off some bills...btc is just way to unstable for my taste...turned 500-1k (didn't really keep that good track what i put into btc) into 5k...I'll take it Cheesy cya

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 01:34:39 AM

Well I'd prefer Havelock over BitFunder anyway, Havelock looks more professional (it's not about looks I know) and doesn't have a funky funding way. WebEx is just one more thing that could go wrong for BitFunder.

And besides, here in Canada we have much different laws than the USA, I know you don't hear about Canada website takedowns much, if ever. But to be 100% safe these places need to host in countries with slack laws on this sort of stuff IMO.
bobboooiie

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 08:47:09 AM

Well I'd prefer Havelock over BitFunder anyway, Havelock looks more professional (it's not about looks I know) and doesn't have a funky funding way. WebEx is just one more thing that could go wrong for BitFunder.

And besides, here in Canada we have much different laws than the USA, I know you don't hear about Canada website takedowns much, if ever. But to be 100% safe these places need to host in countries with slack laws on this sort of stuff IMO.

I dont quite understand how WE is "just one thing that could go wrong". Its literally like 1 minute that you have your BTC at that site and tranfer is instant. Ukyo own both of them and I never Had even smallest problem with WE, also it provides extra security for you.
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 10:13:41 AM

I dont quite understand how WE is "just one thing that could go wrong". Its literally like 1 minute that you have your BTC at that site and tranfer is instant. Ukyo own both of them and I never Had even smallest problem with WE, also it provides extra security for you.
I haven't had any problems with WE either. It still seems like an unnecessary extra step and a potential point of failure though. We don't know, for example, that BF and WE are hosted on the same servers. It's entirely possible WE could go down while BF remains operational.

creativex - Any thoughts on when and where we might list? Clearly there are only a few options and none can give any sort of guarantee that they will remain open and free from regulatory intervention. Do we accept that and look towards the established exchanges with solid failsafe procedures? In which case BF and Havelock both seem fine.
cix888

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 04:48:10 PM

1st lock the shares (Now)

2nd move to another exchange (before the end of next week)

creativex (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 05:05:46 PM

I fail to see how bitfunder is any safer than btct.co? In fact it appears even more vulnerable to regulators.

Havelock has open inquiries about their regulatory compliance.

I also don't see how locking benefits anyone. If people want to trade they should be allowed to do so.

runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 05:29:55 PM

I fail to see how bitfunder is any safer than btct.co? In fact it appears even more vulnerable to regulators.

Not "safer", but still operational (i.e. neither of them have suggested they might close their doors in one month's time).

Or are there other options out there you consider "safer"?

Just trying to get an idea of which way you are leaning (and how liquid the market for shares might be in future).
cix888

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 05:34:07 PM

I also don't see how locking benefits anyone. If people want to trade they should be allowed to do so.

We still don't know why BTCT closed but it is not down because of the US or Canadian regulator

our risk is not with the exchange but with the issuer

just double list or triple list or more like other companies out there

Lock the shares since people are dumping them because they don't know if their investment is safe

Plus BTCT broke my heart, I want to move on... Wink

That's only my view
creativex (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 05:59:38 PM

The issuer has been at personal risk all along, as has the operator of the exchange the issuer chose. While we don't know exactly what happened to cause burnside to shut down, we do know that he holds the vast majority of shares of global and we know he did not sell at the top. Those shares have fallen by 96%. This is not a GLBSE shutdown with the exchange operator absconding with everyone's coins. It appears that he's being screwed harder than anyone with this shutdown.

Stopping people from exercising their right to buy or sell isn't appropriate.

I'm sorry btct.co hurt your feelings. I'm also not happy about any of this, but I'm trying to make decisions based on information not emotion.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 06:07:53 PM

We still don't know why BTCT closed but it is not down because of the US or Canadian regulator

our risk is not with the exchange but with the issuer

just double list or triple list or more like other companies out there

Lock the shares since people are dumping them because they don't know if their investment is safe

Plus BTCT broke my heart, I want to move on... Wink

That's only my view

BTCT is shutting down because it helped LABcoin and BTC-GARDEN run their multi-million dollar scams.

He was already on thin ice.  Listing the GARDEN and LAB cons was like driving a truck loaded with steamrollers over that thin ice.

Burnside must now do everything he can just to stay out of jail for facilitating sale of unregulated "shares" of Chinese fraud stocks.

The SEC is going to spit-roast Burnside over a fire if he doesn't roll over and play dead ASAP.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
creativex (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 06:21:56 PM

Assuming for a moment that's correct, how can you possibly feel comfortable having a position in icedrill with ActM and numerous other questionable assets listed on bitfunder? Asset issuers on bitfunder can unilaterally alter their own contracts. How long do you suppose before there's a huge blow up there?

creativex (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 06:44:04 PM

Asset issuers on bitfunder can unilaterally alter their own contracts.
Shocked

This is common knowledge and my primary reason for never having registered for an account on bf. To me this says "this exchange is not to be taken seriously"

cix888

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 06:51:40 PM

Asset issuers on bitfunder can unilaterally alter their own contracts.
Shocked

This is common knowledge and my primary reason for never having registered for an account on bf. To me this says "this exchange is not to be taken seriously"

https://i.imgur.com/4IFqL40.png

Let's talk to Ukyo... If that's the only issue. I'm sure it can be resolved!

Seems to me we don't really have many options

But listing companies in more than 1 exchanges sounds like a good idea going fwd

Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 »
  Print  

Jump to: