Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:53:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 »
  Print  
Author Topic: btt  (Read 407300 times)
tempestb

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 07:53:24 PM

Yes but this is in a purely unregulated investment scheme.  Everyone is going to end up guilty and the SEC would just seize everything and tell you to pound salt.  I don't see how that helps.  They'd have to build a case.  It's not like some guy with a badge is going to go knock on his door and demand to see the bitcoin.  They'd have to show some proof of wrong doing. 

Realistically, you'd have to get a civil suit going.  Take him to small claims court if you feel it's worth your time.  At this point, I'm not even sure any of you know who this guy really is.  I'm not sure how one person manages to receive that much in funds from people who haven't met him or even know if his name is real.  How do you reclaim anything that way?  I think it's over.  It's entirely possible that he's busy working on it and doesn't feel like posting in here, but I kind of doubt it.  Based on his one post, it sounds like he feels he's already distributed more to investors than he originally took in, so that he doesn't feel obligated to do anything else.

I hope I'm wrong, I've got skin in the game too, but I think it's likely to be lost.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:42:06 PM

I did some digging.  Forget the phone numbers.  Unless he suddenly answers the mobile (a burner), they're useless.  The name and dob check out though (that is, there is an Eric Corlew).  The address is registered to Stephanie Corlew, 63, so possibly Eric's mother.  There are two more recent addresses linked to Eric:

2563 Koala Drive, E Lansing, MI 48823-7211
708 Hoaglin Street, Albion, MI 49224-1044

He has a couple of civil judgments against him (small debts) pre- BASIC-MINING, which makes me think it was an odd ID for creativex to steal if he isn't actually Eric Corlew.

Anyone in the MI area able to check out these addresses?  Still need to know whether this is the right person.

Another online identity he used to use: timonex
tbomb

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 01:59:01 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2013, 08:36:53 AM by tbomb

Yes but this is in a purely unregulated investment scheme.  Everyone is going to end up guilty and the SEC would just seize everything and tell you to pound salt.  I don't see how that helps.  They'd have to build a case.  It's not like some guy with a badge is going to go knock on his door and demand to see the bitcoin.  They'd have to show some proof of wrong doing. 

What? You mean CX did not register with the SEC?!

I, for one, was an unwitting investor and assumed that (1) because the business was run out of the USA, and (2) CX sold securities to US investors, that I would be afforded the protections of US securities law. The disclaimer about "virtual markets" and "nothing is real" has no effect: it was, in actuality, a real business that had assets, both physical and in BTC. 

tbomb

BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 02:19:54 AM

I can't fathom anyone seriously claiming they anticipated anything like this was registered with the SEC, it just rings hollow! Sorry if I am incorrect in my assumptions, but it seems a bit retrospective.

BTC Long.
tbomb

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 02:24:28 AM

Sure, maybe, but we didn't have to make that determination. The onus is on CX to comply, not us.
BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 02:25:17 AM

Perhaps. I drew the opposite conclusion.

BTC Long.
st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 10:09:04 AM

I did some digging.  Forget the phone numbers.  Unless he suddenly answers the mobile (a burner), they're useless.  The name and dob check out though (that is, there is an Eric Corlew).  The address is registered to Stephanie Corlew, 63, so possibly Eric's mother.  There are two more recent addresses linked to Eric:

2563 Koala Drive, E Lansing, MI 48823-7211
708 Hoaglin Street, Albion, MI 49224-1044

He has a couple of civil judgments against him (small debts) pre- BASIC-MINING, which makes me think it was an odd ID for creativex to steal if he isn't actually Eric Corlew.

Anyone in the MI area able to check out these addresses?  Still need to know whether this is the right person.

Another online identity he used to use: timonex

Did anyone managed to check the addresses?
cix888

Activity: 54

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 03:33:24 PM

I have LOTS of shares of Basic mining

Would love to know what the F*** is happening

Creativex seems to connect on bitcointalk almost everyday (but 0 post)

the basic mining cold wallet get BTC from mining almost everyday

For now I'm not sure he has run with our money

st4nl3y
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 10:36:51 PM

Hes last recorded login was on october 20th but hes been receiving and sending btc so nearly 20 days without a word has he got some kind of extended male period or something? I think it's time to give creativex and basic-mining an official scammer tag and start legal proceedings if possible or maybe someone lives near MI and can go there and try to find him ?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 04:30:39 PM

I hope CX is just busy being a new dad, and all of this will blow over soon.  But just in case...

Here is a great model for a shareholder revolt/takeover which worked for resolving the Ian Scamwell situation.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=172471.0

[BAKEWELL] Action Proposal - Call for Volunteers

Hello. I'm proposing that the shareholders immediately take control of BAKEWELL via shareholder motion, and:

1. appoint an interim CEO,
2. rerouting, refund, sell the rights to, or sell the actual, AVALON asics ordered by BAKEWELL
3. create and issue IAN BAKEWELL debt representing the two $4,000 mining rigs owned by BAKEWELL
4. distribute profits from these events to shareholders
5. shut down the company

To be effective we need a shareholder motion to run appointing someone as the sole director of the company. We will need Ukyo's permission to run this motion. We need:

---> Someone must step up and volunteer to become the interim CEO and take control of the BAKEWELL account.
---> We then need to run a motion firing Ian and turning over all company asset to this new person (We need existing shareholders to request this, I will sign the request this as well since I now directly represent ownership of between 4.9% and 12.1% of the company (294 shares on BitFunder and a BMF claim for a possible further 432 shares).
---> The voted-in CEO needs to immediately contact AVALON with proof of the transfer (essentially, the result of the vote and/or Ukyo's signed statement regarding the matter).

At the very least this will constitute proof that Ian has stolen money from the company which will be needed if anyone wants to go after him legally for the GPU mining rigs BAKEWELL owns, so I think we should take a shot at getting this resolved on our end ASAP.

If no one volunteers for 48 hours I will do it. At least I'm a Canadian. I would prefer not to become interim CEO though. I am very busy with my own business and work IRL. We need someone to step up and volunteer here.

We also need to immediately contact that guy who claimed to have met Ian in person. (I'm a little busy so someone please step up to the plate and link the info from one of Ian's old threads where someone claimed to have met him in person). Thanks. But FWIW I have a lot of (somewhat estranged) family out there in Northern Canada. It is not unfeasable for me to make some calls and ask/pay a distant cousin to drive down to Edmonton and check out a few addresses. It would save money on a PI.

We will also need someone to contact Yifu and ask if it is theoretically possible, given the situation, to reroute the order to the new company address. That's how it should be presented, as that's what it is (a change of company address). So someone please step up to the plate and contact Yifu and ask him if we can do that so long as we can provide proof we run the company. This is important, we need volunteers to step up to the plate and get these things done within 24 hours. Post what you're going to help out with here and then go do it so we don't duplicate our efforts.

If anyone asks what I did for this, it's the push and the idea/plan. But I can't get too involved because I run my own business and I work a lot IRL, so actually doing the whole interim CEO thing would be a bit much for me.

Get involved, or you are basically kissing your money goodbye. If we get a small group together and start a collection plate for things like a private investigator and a lawyer / representation in small claims court, if you're not in the room when the deals are signed you are not in the deal and would have to go after him on your own.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
runam0k
Legendary

Touchdown

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 07:41:26 PM

iCE - agree with the principle (people need to get involved), but this is a v different scenario. We can't take control of anything until we find him. I posted two new MI addresses, but I'm UK based, so there's only so much I can do. We need feet on the ground in MI (still assuming Eric C is the right guy).
strello

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 09:24:05 PM

iCE - agree with the principle (people need to get involved), but this is a v different scenario. We can't take control of anything until we find him. I posted two new MI addresses, but I'm UK based, so there's only so much I can do. We need feet on the ground in MI (still assuming Eric C is the right guy).

First, I'm really sorry and disappointed that Creativex seems to have vanished. I had a lot of faith and trust in him, as did many good people. I bought some of the first Basic-Mining shares, and still hold a small amount.

Creativex, if you are reading this, please post some sort of update of your status. I'm sure you have had enough of the whole enterprise, but you have left a lot of people very disappointed. It's never too late to put things right.

From my experience with the Bakewell recovery process, which became Fenix, I can offer this advice to Basic-Mining shareholders.

1. To get anywhere you need to organise. We found that a small group of shareholders was the most efficient way to make things happen. Someone needs to keep things moving. A small group contributes various skills without too many lengthy discussions from too many interested parties. We were 4.

2. That group needs to make decisions about the course of action to take, privately by PM, and communicate those decsions with all shareholders through the forum. We began a new thread.

3. You need to identify exactly what can be acheived, then make a plan. There is mining equipment bought with shareholder money, the remaining growth fund, and any recent mining profits which might be recoverable by a determined effort.

4. I would suggest that the first prority is to attempt to make contact with Creativex. We raised a small fighting fund from small donations from many shareholders, which was returned with the first profits.

5. Use this money to either pay someone's expenses to go to the known addresses and make enquiries, or hire a local Private Investigator to find him.

6. Important! Continue to appeal to him by any means.

7. As a final resort, once he is located, hire a lawywer to serve papers on him for the return of shareholders' investments/ take him to a small claims court. Get legal advice on the best course of action. This would probably cost somewhere in the region of $2-3,000, 5- 10BTC at today's rate. Not so much if shared by a pool of interested shareholders.

I don't have the time or health at the moment to be an active part of this process, but I am always around if I can give any useful advice.

Good luck. If you do nothing your money is gone.

Or, on the other hand, with some work and cooperation, you can very possibly recover some of your invested funds, and do a great service to our community by showing that we are not always willing to stay quiet and let scammers get away with it.

It is futile to speak of liberty as long as economic slavery exists.

My GPG key
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
⇾ Re: btt
November 11, 2013, 11:00:11 PM

I'd so be willing to help out, except I only held a very small amount of bASIC (1 digit number of shares Cheesy ) and because of that I don't think I'd be very useful.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 04:58:40 AM

Any news?
strello

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:01:17 AM

I'd so be willing to help out, except I only held a very small amount of bASIC (1 digit number of shares Cheesy ) and because of that I don't think I'd be very useful.

If a group is going to organise to try to do something with this situation, each person will have different skills to bring to the effort.

It doesn't matter how many shares you hold, or your geographical locaton. All that matters is a will to do something, and the balls to cooperate with others and follow it through.

It is futile to speak of liberty as long as economic slavery exists.

My GPG key
st4nl3y
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:48:14 AM

It might be late to say this but about 3 weeks ago I rang the number provided as creativex contact number and a guy answered and I asked whether I could speak with Eric Corlew the guy said that this is not his number anymore and he doesn't know where Eric is and is not related to him in any way. He sounded very scared his voice was tremulous and wheezy. I think it was him, whoever else could have answered his phone and say shit like this. I live in Poland so not so much I can do but is there anyone who lives near MI and is willing to either investigate himself or hire a PI in that area to find this guy, please come forward. I believe all shareholders would chip in to cover all expenses.
runam0k
Legendary

Touchdown

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:08:58 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2013, 11:34:25 AM by runam0k

Which number, the mobile?

Edit: created a post in the scammer accusation forum on the off-chance someone can help track him down.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:14:41 AM

Sorry, where is the mining address? I believe it still has funds right?

Also does this mean the miners are still running? He must be tending them.
st4nl3y
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:40:26 AM

Which number, the mobile?

Edit: created a post in the scammer accusation forum on the off-chance someone can help track him down.

the one provided on the 1st page
ScammerZhouTong

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:45:38 AM

What? You mean CX did not register with the SEC?!

I, for one, was an unwitting investor and assumed that (1) because the business was run out of the USA, and (2) CX sold securities to US investors, that I would be afforded the protections of US securities law. The disclaimer about "virtual markets" and "nothing is real" has no effect: it was, in actuality, a real business that had assets, both physical and in BTC. 

We were all under the impression that we were investing in a real business that was using the capital to buy mining hardware. In exchange, we would receive dividends. It would have been diligent of us to check to see that CX had registered with the SEC, but it is not our legal obligation. We have a federal claim b/c there is minimum diversity of the parties and the amount is question exceeds $75k, and there is a federal question.

We also have a state law claim for breach of contract, if somehow CX manages to wriggle out of the purview of the SEC. Although I suspect we can find written proof or something that comes close to a "contract", CX's consistent payment of dividends is a sufficient memorialization of the unwritten agreement. We can probably find more proof of an enforceable contract within the motions, emails, and his posting on this forum.

We have been duped, scammed, frauded, whatever, in the amount of $300,000. We have a civil case, FinCEN has a great criminal case.

CX, you are on notice. Please return our mula immediately.

I would be happy to write the complaint.  I will need only a few documents and I can start immediately.

tbomb
What an idiot, not going to work
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 »
  Print  

Jump to: