Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 12:02:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Pushpool Web Frontend] Simplecoin v5.0 Opensource PHP/MySQL - NEW RELEASE  (Read 57141 times)
simplecoin (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 09:03:26 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2011, 09:56:46 PM by simplecoin

Simplecoin web mining framework

(Initially a fork of Xenland's Mining Pool v1)

Features:
  • Proportional or PPLastNShares
  • Instant or Automatic cashout available with positive balance!
  • Worker monitor for less downtime
  • Current Round Payout estimation
  • JSON account/worker monitoring API
  • Dynamic stats/setting caching (more responsive/less overhead)
  • Live round stats.
  • Stats charting
  • Memcached support
  • Process locking
  • Handling large stats on replication server
  • Email notification
  • Used by several growing pools

Upcoming features in next version:
Multi-coin, Multi-Pool, Merged Mining, SMPPS

Forum (discussion & support):
forum.simplecoin.us (will need a login from simplecoin.us first)

Demonstration:
Visit simplecoin.us to try out the live implementation and see latest development.

Download latest stable release
Simplecoin v5.0

Download latest experimental version (possibly unstable)
Simplecoin Experimental
Notes:
Not for the feint hearted, you will need to be very comfortable with php & mysql to use this. Often lacks new database changes/fields.

Source Repository
Github

Requirements:
Simplecoin relies on an existing and working bitcoin and pushpool installation. Before attempting to run simplecoin, please setup the following.
PHP5
Mysql
Memcached
Bitcoin: http://bitcoin.org
Pushpool: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=8707.0

Installation:
1. Extract files into web root directory
2. Create simplecoin database in you mysql instance
3. Run simplecoin.sql in your simplecoin database (This will be used for pushpool & simplcoin)
4. Edit includes/requiredFunctions.php and set the bitcoin & database login info
5. Edit all files in the cronjob folder, set $includesDirectory to the correct server path.
6. setup cronjobs on a staggered schedule. I currently run cronjob every minute and the others every 10-30 minutes. I run payout and archive twice daily.

Current Focus:
Multi-pool/coin support

Donations:
Bitcoin Donations: 163Pv9cUDJTNUbadV4HMRQSSj3ipwLURRc
Hashrate donations at https://simplecoin.us are always appreciated.

Affordable, Dependable Xen VPS & Dedicated hosting
PhotonVPS

Projects forked from simplecoin:
Ozco.in: https://github.com/Wayno/Ozcoin
MMCFE  (Mainframe Mining Cooperative Front End) SVN: http://mmcfe.mfis.net

Standard disclaimer
Code:
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
I do not claim to be a PHP guru, I simply used PHP due to it's common availability.
Before using your implementation publicly, I recommend you run through a security audit.

Donations: 1VjGJHPtLodwCFBDWsHJMdEhqRcRKdBQk
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
simplecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2011, 08:33:01 PM

v1 active!

simplecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 12:48:16 AM

Automated payments added to source

Coaster

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 05:46:30 AM

truly awesome, thanks for contributing this.

MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 08:43:57 PM

Thank you SO MUCH for this!  Great job.

When I try to access the adminpanel, I get this error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/username/public_html/includes/header.php:33) in /home/username/public_html/adminPanel.php on line 26

Any ideas?
warweed

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 09:01:42 PM

Anyone willing to put together a package for us not so Linux friendly bastards ?

Debian preferably something that installs apache SQL and all the rest on a fresh install phpmyadmin you know a simple point and click ?

Or write up a step by step on a fresh debian install from start to finish after debian has been installed

Also to the developer great job keep up the excellent work Smiley
Might I suggest a db backup feature if not already included as well as a one click update or version checker in the admincp Smiley

Cheers

James
d3c0n808

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 09:33:24 PM

Anyone willing to put together a package for us not so Linux friendly bastards ?

Debian preferably something that installs apache SQL and all the rest on a fresh install phpmyadmin you know a simple point and click ?

Or write up a step by step on a fresh debian install from start to finish after debian has been installed

Might I suggest a db backup feature if not already included as well as a one click update or version checker in the admincp Smiley

Cheers

James

You could install xamp on a windows machine.  It comes with mysql, phpadmin, php, and apache.   From there its pretty straight forward, open some ports install the tar.gz to your htdocs or index, import the sql document using phpadmin.   and you should be good to go.
simplecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 09:34:14 PM

Thank you SO MUCH for this!  Great job.

When I try to access the adminpanel, I get this error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/username/public_html/includes/header.php:33) in /home/username/public_html/adminPanel.php on line 26

Any ideas?

The admin flag must be set in the db along with a valid cookie, or else you cannot access it.

warweed

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 09:36:20 PM

Cheers

James

You could install xamp on a windows machine.  It comes with mysql, phpadmin, php, and apache.   From there its pretty straight forward, open some ports install the tar.gz to your htdocs or index, import the sql document using phpadmin.   and you should be good to go.

Yeah though about that Smiley cheers but then what do I do about the cron jobs ?
simplecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 09:37:40 PM

Cheers

James

Yeah though about that Smiley cheers but then what do I do about the cron jobs ?

put together scheduled tasks that point to the web location Wink

warweed

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 10:09:04 PM

Actually quick google shows a project called cronw for wind0ze cron jobs
simplecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 11:09:49 PM

Just FYI: On my setups I'm using a wget address outputting to /dev/null to initiate the cronjobs.

simplecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2011, 05:59:13 AM

Thank you for your continued support.  My pool is live at www.ecocoin.org -- we donate our fees to buy trees and rainforest land to offset all the electricity everyone is using to mine.  Anyway, someone replied to my thread with the following:

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=14343.msg194621#msg194621

Wow, such a simple idea, I love it.  If you did block payouts like Eligius, I'd totally switch.
Can you please explain how the block payouts differ and why it's better?  I'd be happy to refer your thoughts to the software developer if it is indeed a superior system.  Thank you.

Here's a block solved by the Eligius pool:

http://blockexplorer.com/block/000000000000026210a972387c00e6db801346b32a815a996d698211d71a197c

The software keeps a virtual tally of your unpaid balance.  Once this crosses 1btc, you're paid out on the next generated block, RIGHT there, in the generation block.  The money never sits in some intermediary account held by the pool-owner.  There's a lot less required trust, because while the pool owner can still shut down the pool before you get your "fair share" (aka virtual balance), HE doesn't get anything out of it.  It's a very subtle and clever system, so I suggest you (or the developer) spend some time thinking about it to understand why it truly works, and I won't use a pool without it.  Obviously, you can incorporate the 3% fees as just taking 3% off the top of the generation block to your own address.  Eligius itself has no fees, but since your fees would be going to an actual cause, I might not mind as much.

I don't know if that methodology of processing blocks/payments is of interest to you, but if it is indeed superior, it may be something for you to consider.  But again, I can't thank you enough for open sourcing this software and providing me the opportunity to hopefully help the environment via Bitcoin Smiley

To be honest, I'm not sure how this works, but I'd be more than willing to incorporate it. I've already added a threshold, so that part is done. If I could make that work with generated block that'd be great.

MyFarm

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 06:33:47 AM

To be honest, I'm not sure how this works, but I'd be more than willing to incorporate it. I've already added a threshold, so that part is done. If I could make that work with generated block that'd be great.
You're amazing Smiley  The person who suggested it said to PM him if you had any questions.  He's happy to help or point you in the right direction. 
simplecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2011, 03:07:52 PM

Some questions and help:

1.  Out of curiosity, is it possible to tell WHO found a block with this software?  

2.  I noticed you extended cookie timeout to 7 days in your simplecoin.us thread.  How do I do that?

3.  My understanding is your software supports Long Polling.  How do I turn that on?  We're experiencing a LOT of invalid shares.

4.  We had a user (user id 19 below) join with a huge pool of miners for awhile.  He's currently showing a hash rate of 135363.  Thing is, here is the lifetime shares:

User Id   Shares
19   47
12   9396
3   3020
17   1761

He is ranked number 1 but only has 47 shares.  Any idea what may have happened?

Thank you so much.  I've sent a bitcoin your way out of appreciation for everything you're doing Smiley

1. shares_history upstream_result = 'Y'
2. login.php time
3. That is part of pushpool, it should be enabled.
4. I'm not sure about that.... I'd wait to see if it evened out.

lemonginger

Activity: 210

firstbits: 121vnq

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 03:49:14 PM

I would like to start a bounty for development of good documentation for this. On the one hand, I do not think running a pool will ever be point and click, and we should be wary about people with very little server admin experience running pools. On the other hand, I think that more pools is a great thing.

+ 1 BTC for good documentation. Encourage to add bitcoins for docs or for features.
simplecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2011, 06:58:27 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2011, 07:34:28 PM by simplecoin

Just pushed some updates. One greatly improves performance of worker cronjob.

Also greatly improves estimate earnings.

MyFarm

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 07:29:47 PM

Just pushed some updates. One greatly improves performance of worker cronjob.
Thank you very much!  Updated, no problems here.
genewitch

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 07:41:27 AM

I got it installed, mysql set up, i was able to log in, but i had two questions. Now, i'm going to be doing this for nearly no vigorish, only EC2 costs of the pool hardware.

1) How do i set admin flag for an account? do i have to do that from mysql? Would it be too much to ask what the command is for that?
2) maybe this was just a cookie issue on the server, but whenever i logged out, and reloaded index.php it always showed me as logged in. I set the cookie name and / as the directory and the FQDN of the ec2 instance as the domain with a . in front. Is this the right way to do that? i tried looking at the linked page but it just said i needed a dot if i had example.com and .www.example.com

I'm more of an administrator of infrastructure and security than a programmer or DB admin, as you may have guessed; so i shall be thankful for any responses!

also, and this isn't mentioned, pushpool has to be set up, i didn't realize that for about 30 minutes after i got simplecoin working  Grin
Drefsab

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 03:46:18 PM

You might want to install something like phpmyadmin, use it to have a look at the database there will be table called webUsers. All the users in are in there, in that table there is a field called admin, if this is set to 0 the user is not an admin if its set to 1 they are Smiley

Im having a play with it myself at the moment its quite good though im having an issue where when I goto the admin page look at the settings if I try to change them with my admin users auth pin it doesnt error out but it doesnt change the settings, I can simply change the settings in the database directly but I guess I did something wrong will have a look through though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: