Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 10:47:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Everyone is hyping about bitcoin price in 2016  (Read 10615 times)
GermanGiant (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 03:27:03 PM

This concerns me about what will happen to bitcoin price after 2016 ? Will it crash after the block halving ? Is there any upcoming incident in 2017-18 that may push the price up again ?
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 03:32:13 PM

in the long run, fundamentals determine the price.
halving affects the supply so that is fundamental.

there will always be bubbles and crashes, that's
how markets work.  why are you worried?

Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 03:32:36 PM

At this point we can only speculate as The Halving is still not close enough to see any movement of price caused by it. As I said before price went down after previous halvings
(either 1st bitcoin or litecoin halving) and it is hard to predict if this time will be different just because bitcoin market is now bigger, we have higher volume and more investors etc.
Etoiliste

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 03:44:02 PM

This concerns me about what will happen to bitcoin price after 2016 ?

No idea, but whales/Chinese traders know what will happen to bitcoin price because they can manipulate bitcoin price Roll Eyes

Will it crash after the block halving ?

After block halving? Maybe no, because miners suddenly dumped less bitcoin to cover maintenance fee, so it can increase bitcoin price for a while.
But, i think it might drop (not crash) after halving hype ended Roll Eyes

Is there any upcoming incident in 2017-18 that may push the price up again ?

No idea, but any good incident/news which people want (such as google/steam/amazon accept bitcoin) will increase the price
yep mainstreaming is a way to make bitcoin prices go higher and the halving could have negative affects on bitcoin prices
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 03:54:12 PM

in the end we have a probability toward the increase this is because of how bitcoin was mean to be

miners will manipulate the price to make that it will increase, otherwise their whole farms would be doomed

you should look not at the random p&d but at the average increase
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 04:10:18 PM

If I was in the BTC prediction business I would've retired by now. No one can have a clue about what'll occur. It's still standing and there are more transactions. That's a good sign and that'll do me.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 04:13:26 PM

If I was in the BTC prediction business I would've retired by now. No one can have a clue about what'll occur. It's still standing and there are more transactions. That's a good sign and that'll do me.

Exactly, what we can be relatively certain is that the value increase every year, this one is a little different but we should close the year at more than $500 I suppose. Other than that we can't really know how the halving will affect the value. You can have two complete opposites arguments with perfectly valid points.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 04:20:51 PM

This concerns me about what will happen to bitcoin price after 2016 ? Will it crash after the block halving ? Is there any upcoming incident in 2017-18 that may push the price up again ?

To have "hope" or "reasons" who can create a concern about the crash of bitcoin in that period mentioned by OP must exist at least one data or even one sign about this event. Since this moment I have not any reason to guess the happening of a such event. Any kind of data and any kind of sign. All the previous (during this day) period show and testify the total opposite of this concern (make stay quiet and satisfied about it) and not the opposite possibility. Double of the bitcoin transactions in 2015 compared to those made at 2014, increase and/or stability of price (like never before) during all the 2015, the halving which almost for sure may cause an increase of it (price), more spread and adaption (every day more) from existing and new countries (there is a page in Wikipedia which give an overall view - based on data - about this) or even other data that for the moment don't came in my mind. So my question is: why such concerns about the crash of the price of bitcoin after the halving?
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 04:23:14 PM

People re not hyping cause of some temporary effect like it was during the last price jump. This halving s PERMANENT, it s going to cut the supply in half. If it would happen tomorrow, the price would go up. Since it s based on real and verifiable supply reduction, the price will stay up this time.

Unless Satoshi decided to sell his 1 million BTC.  Grin

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 04:26:47 PM

I have to say that bitcoin price worry me at the moment.
If we don't see price increase in this year more people can loose confidence in bitcoin and give up.
If less people use bitcoin merchants will be less inspired to accept bitcoin.
If such scenario happen we will not see any breakthrough with bitcoin soon.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
GermanGiant (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 04:30:44 PM

why are you worried?
It is not only me. I think every HODLer is worried. Because there would be a crazy dump as soon as the price crosses 500 next time. From a HODLer's perspective, a reason to increase price in far future is also important as well as in near future.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 04:48:02 PM

Price is not only increased due to events like halving but there are lots of other unexpected things that could happen in market like pumping, bubble, manipulation this all affect the market or price moves. Upcoming halving seems to move price up like everybody expecting and after that nobody knows the future.
the_poet
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 06:17:00 PM

It looks like Bitcoin is going to be heavily hyped this year.

THOUGHT BITCOIN WAS DEAD? 2016 IS THE YEAR IT GOES BIG

Under construction.
Mr. Forum

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 06:24:13 PM

Just like any other currency, there are always some things that determining how the currency will behave in the economy. people are talking of the prices in this year because they are so sure that it is a year when the bitcoin trading will grow more than ever before. personally, i do think there is greater than just 2016 and when the coin is accepted in  a few countries, we will do fine and the years to come will be even greater.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 06:27:09 PM

Bitcoin is going fantastic, time for some time offf R&R

Going to be one helluva a busy time a couple of months out from the halving  Grin

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 06:29:09 PM

I don't think you have anything to worry about. This price will probably the floor for the coming years, maybe it will even be higher.

If you bought your coins below or at this level, the chance of losing out is quite low.
whysoanon

Activity: 65

I atleast try to sell stuff

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 06:29:48 PM

I say it's gonna be great,shitty,decent this works like stocks there no
fool proof way to see whats going to happen but i will the scrubs think what they will.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~1440 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
yoona

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

Live by your own rules

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 06:42:40 PM

bitcoin prices in early 2016 were not too many changes, but many predict bitcoin prices will continue to rise in 2016, may reach $ 600, and I think no one knows exactly what will happen in the bitcoin halving, and the period 2017-18 will be more difficult to predict because we do not know what happened to halving bitcoin.
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 06:54:49 PM

Yeah, everyone is expecting to see the price go to new levels.

According to what's going on lately, a price rise is a probable outcome. There are many probable causes for this price surge, but mainly many community members point to the halving as the main factor that will trigger a new price rise.
I for myself, see the adoption rate rising at a fast pace; new startups getting a lot of funding to invest in the industry and a lot of steam in the whole ecosystem all make some good signs that Bitcoin might get to new highs.

As for it to be able to maintain higher grounds I'm not so sure about that, since many experts are already saying that the halving is already accounted for!
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 07:04:04 PM

The general psychology of the market is very bullish, there's no doubt about this at this point. It's pretty much granted we are going to see some serious stuff happening at around the halving time, the question is, how high will it go, and how low will it correct? And more importantly, are you willing to short to profit from it, or is it too much risk and you will hold it out? That's what im thinking about pretty much daily now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: