Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:07:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 339 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin make Banks disappear?  (Read 427562 times)
newcoins1978

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 10:03:23 AM

No.
There are more people using banks than bitcoin right now.
This won't change over night. Some people are used to what they are using right now.
They won't just adapt in a flash.
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 10:05:00 AM

It seems that experts say that Bitcoin 'Here to Stay,' But Banks Could Disappear.

"TheStreet: How do you think FinTech will impact the way banks operate?

Frank Schwab: Banks either react on, or they will disappear. Anyway, the consolidation of the banking industry accelerates as the behaviour of people changes. Some banks will benefit from [FinTech], some will be pushed to the back end, and some will disappear."
http://www.thestreet.com/story/13419089/1/bitcoin-here-to-stay-but-banks-could-disappear-says-fintech-expert.html

What's your read on that?

It may cross cut the Bank’s share market value in Finance and world share market. But I don’t think so It will replace the bank completely. When its start to adapt by Big MNCs then bank investment and loan and other works will fails in banking sector. Lets hope and see what will happen future
martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 10:06:54 AM

No.
This won't change over night. Some people are used to what they are using right now.

Yeah lets say for me in my family they use banks I don't think they will just like to see bitcoin growing and bank disappearing.
I think the bank will just convert the money of the people to bitcoin, but they are to much people that they don't use bitcoin so yeah.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 10:37:32 AM

No. It can however make banks adopt the Blockchain as technology to give us a better and much faster banking experience. I think at some point in the future we will be given instant transactions within a certain country, and perhaps worldwide. That's the power of the Blockchain.
ikydesu

Activity: 686

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 10:38:22 AM

Not, bank will not disappear, well actually bitcoin haven't a power to do that, although the system against the bank system.

And if you back to basic, bitcoin created as alternative currency, and the value is depends on fiat, BTC/USD. The pair always be like that.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:16:21 AM

i dont think bitcoin can make bank disappear,

i think bank will follow the technology current and maybe in the next generation there will be banks that receive bitcoin, so it can make people to have an easier transaction

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:38:19 AM

Banks are too powerful, they control and money related services. Bitcoin can take over a lot of their services, but not all.
I am confident bitcoin will.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 01:35:06 PM

no, high percentage of sheeple around.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
Mr. Forum

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 02:04:19 PM

It is heard for the bitcoin to make the  banks to disappear. What i do think the bitcoin will do is giving the bans the stiff competition and to me that is a healthy thing and even benefits the customers. Banks have been there for a while with experience.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 02:24:05 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2016, 03:00:57 PM by n2004al

It seems that experts say that Bitcoin 'Here to Stay,' But Banks Could Disappear.

"TheStreet: How do you think FinTech will impact the way banks operate?

Frank Schwab: Banks either react on, or they will disappear. Anyway, the consolidation of the banking industry accelerates as the behaviour of people changes. Some banks will benefit from [FinTech], some will be pushed to the back end, and some will disappear."
http://www.thestreet.com/story/13419089/1/bitcoin-here-to-stay-but-banks-could-disappear-says-fintech-expert.html

What's your read on that?

I think that the banks will not disappear. They may be developed further, change the way of the actual existence but I think that will survive. Always will be need for money in big plans or projects, or even in various situations of everyone of us. May be a place when are offered the needed warranties that something can go without problems and take the needed money (or tools which may replace those). Be this the time of the actual us dollar and be the tomorrow one when maybe will be the day of bitcoin or the cryptos. Even in the probably time of only the cryptos will exist such needs. And even with the most sophisticated crypto in existence will exist always a hacker which can be able to steal or break the security of our personal wallets. Or people which will offer crypto but not security. It is another thing a bank. In all the previous problems. Or maybe even others that are not in my mind now.
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 02:32:57 PM

Bitcoin might someday have power to make banks change or evolve. But they will likely not disappear. There is too much money and tradition at stake, and bankers tend to be cunning enough to adapt and not let themselves die.

But yes, I expect some change.

LuckyYOU

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 02:33:01 PM

who the heck say banks will disappear because of bitcoin, its just dumb sentence when people who's using bitcoin still withdraw their bitcoin to their bank account,
and also if bitcoin can't be withdrawn to bank people will thinking twice to use this coin

It's because there are a few people out here who think bitcoin is everything
Bitcoin is only a small part of something in this world. Having those high expectations will only dissapoint you

tn211

Activity: 778

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 02:45:16 PM

No I don't think so. Bitcoin en banks should work together.
Not banks stealing the technology and keep their monopoly.

With cooperation many things can be achieved.
chokesir

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 02:51:23 PM

Still people here don't like giving there bitcoin to the bank they just prefer having in there pc.
That is the point of bitcoin I think  that you have more freedom with it.
I am just happy that I can have my own money in my own control.

sishendaoye

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 02:54:17 PM

Still people here don't like giving there bitcoin to the bank they just prefer having in there pc.
That is the point of bitcoin I think  that you have more freedom with it.
I am just happy that I can have my own money in my own control.

You should never (if that's ever going to be an option) give any bitcoins to your bank. They will take it and use it for their own investments without you knowing. This is one of the reasons I don't like to keep money in the bank. But I have to because I have no other option.
phreaky

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 03:15:23 PM

There is no way that banks will just disappear like I think we will see banks using more bitcoin.
People also don't use bitcoin so I will just difficult to go away.
fuathan

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

Aleph.im

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 03:16:44 PM

Cryptocurrencies will kill banks eventually but not today or in a short term. Maybe banks adapt it to survive. Smiley
newcoins1978

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 03:19:10 PM

No.

Yeah lets say for me in my family they use banks I don't think they will just like to see bitcoin growing and bank disappearing.
I think the bank will just convert the money of the people to bitcoin, but they are to much people that they don't use bitcoin so yeah.

Exactly, there are just way too many people in the world who are depending on a bank
They still need it to use it on a day to day basis. Why would even bitcoin make banks dissapear?
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 03:40:50 PM

No, just no, this is just not going to happen
Like someone said on the first page, the world is ruled by bankers
Can you imagine what will happen to the stock market? To wall street?
ATguy

Activity: 423

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 04:07:30 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2016, 04:17:44 PM by ATguy

As long as there is demand for banks and its services, there is no reason for banks to disappear, just like any other business. Just one thing to add, without banks, fiat cannot exist, because banks are the only ones who creating money out of nothing when lending money (thats fiat main function) - if anybody else create new money out of nothing, it is considered counterfeit instead - so fiat, as most love it, can not exist without banks.

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 339 »
  Print  

Jump to: