Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:54:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 339 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin make Banks disappear?  (Read 427559 times)
Imoote

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 04:44:36 AM

Bank safe our money , online & offline wallet handle our bitcoin.
They completely different and have separate function. IMO bitcoin never make bank disapper except it must having a crucial reason to take that decision, for example : if your local currency weaker badly depend when you're holding bitcoin ...

I think it is very good opinion. Banks can do a lot of things than the bitcoin can do. They will use bitcoin.

I look forward for the time banks will use bitcoin but I don't think that will happen soon. They don't like to not being able to control things.

I think bank would not use bitcoin as bank has its own system for managing money.
Very difficult to make use bitcoin bank because both are so much different.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcltccoins

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 06:27:27 AM

how can it possible for bank, i m hundred person sure Bitcoin is helpful for banks.
dupeddonk

Activity: 189
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 08:44:58 AM

Bitcoin makes many things possible, but not invisibility.
MaxTax

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 12:36:28 PM

They completely different and have separate function. IMO bitcoin never make bank disapper except it must having a crucial reason to take that decision, for example : if your local currency weaker badly depend when you're holding bitcoin ...

I think it is very good opinion. Banks can do a lot of things than the bitcoin can do. They will use bitcoin.

I look forward for the time banks will use bitcoin but I don't think that will happen soon. They don't like to not being able to control things.

I think bank would not use bitcoin as bank has its own system for managing money.

Yes I think so too. That cant be possible. Many people need some normal banks. Some people doesnt even know what Bitcoin is.
So how it is possible to make the banks disappear. First we must introduce Bitcoin to them and that it is maybe possible later in the future.
darewaller

Activity: 2814
Merit: 634

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 06:14:33 PM

Banks are stronger institutions since the past, and no digital currency can make it disappear either at present or in the future, banks will be more stronger in future.
Banks are strong. But if banks need to be stronger in the future, then they should make a system and work with bitcoin, because the world is being moved to digital world, and bitcoin is currency of digital world. So, adopting bitcoin is going to be inevitable for banks.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 06:21:59 PM

I don't think banks will ever disappear because a lot of people don't trust themselves, so they like to put their money into someone's hands under a contract, so they manage their money for them so if they screw up they can have someone to blame to but them, of course then when the government take their money and they can't do nothing about it they will complain.
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 07:26:19 PM

Banks in the future will be offer something to who hold bitcoin,some investment as they wanna and can easy work with that.These said would be more easy banks offer service related  to bitcoin then they disappear.
jokerrj

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:57:34 PM

I don't think banks will ever disappear because a lot of people don't trust themselves, so they like to put their money into someone's hands under a contract, so they manage their money for them so if they screw up they can have someone to blame to but them, of course then when the government take their money and they can't do nothing about it they will complain.

Banks would be surviving for sure, no crypto can make them disappear as people have more trust in banks and they would never trust any digital currency as they trust the banks.

Looking for a long term signature campaign. Pm me
kartaggen

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 11:28:53 PM

Banks would be surviving for sure, no crypto can make them disappear as people have more trust in banks and they would never trust any digital currency as they trust the banks.

Yeah banks are the most traditional systems that we have and we can find maximum users of banks which have more faith in banks and they would continue to use the same.
iamthesky

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:57:18 AM

Banks have taken quite long time to establish. Furthermore, banks perform different functions which will keep them going. As it stands, bitcoin is known by a very small percentage of the global population. Therefore, it will be unrealistic to claim that bitcoin will make banks disappear.
The replacement of banks with bitcoin will not take place overnight, but within a century it may occur as people will prefer and move to new and advanced technology always.

Yeah we can find substitute for banks in next century but that doesn't mean that bitcoin will make banks disappear as we don't know whether bitcoin will survive till next decade or not, so thinking of next century is too long.
doctor877

Activity: 896
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 01:35:43 AM

Banks have taken quite long time to establish. Furthermore, banks perform different functions which will keep them going. As it stands, bitcoin is known by a very small percentage of the global population. Therefore, it will be unrealistic to claim that bitcoin will make banks disappear.
The replacement of banks with bitcoin will not take place overnight, but within a century it may occur as people will prefer and move to new and advanced technology always.

Yeah we can find substitute for banks in next century but that doesn't mean that bitcoin will make banks disappear as we don't know whether bitcoin will survive till next decade or not, so thinking of next century is too long.

Very rightly said mate, I think that banks are here to survive and no digital currency can make them disappear and if it does it needs a strong and valid reason to do that.
Nemesis099

Activity: 205

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 02:44:11 AM

Very rightly said mate, I think that banks are here to survive and no digital currency can make them disappear and if it does it needs a strong and valid reason to do that.

What would be the scenario if banks starts accepting bitcoins? Is it really possible? As I am not sure that can happen some day as bitcoin is threat to a banking system.
Imoote

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 06:54:50 AM

What would be the scenario if banks starts accepting bitcoins? Is it really possible? As I am not sure that can happen some day as bitcoin is threat to a banking system.
I think bank will not accept bitcoin but let as a competitor. I think it is quite impossible for banks and bitcoin was so different that I think can not be to put together. But I do not know how in the future, for sure, if it happens will definitely be a big change in bitcoin.
bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 08:20:59 AM

That will not happen. That cant be possible. Maybe it will be possible in the future but around this time it wont be happen.
We all hope later that it will be possible. But some people now dont even know what Bitcoin is and that is the problem.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 08:36:23 AM

If you calculate the percentage of banks getting disappear, only to the maximum 3% will support or agree on this statement.
Bitcoin needs much more years to increase the adopters and make people get out of the banking zones.
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 10:06:56 AM

I think bank will not accept bitcoin but let as a competitor. I think it is quite impossible for banks and bitcoin was so different that I think can not be to put together. But I do not know how in the future, for sure, if it happens will definitely be a big change in bitcoin.
It can makes bank reduce. But the banks wont disappear and that is good for the older generation people. That will not happen.
But Bitcoin will be more popular of course. But people need also some normal banks. Dollar is just still popular.
mickiya

Activity: 195
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 01:03:42 PM

If it can save them money and make them more profit, then they will do it. it is simple intention for them.
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 03:45:16 PM

That will not happen. But I think that will not happen so fast. That is not so good for the people.
I think that more people will use also normal banks. And they dont know how to use Bitcoin.
CryingMidget

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 04:02:52 PM

That will not happen. But I think that will not happen so fast. That is not so good for the people.
I think that more people will use also normal banks. And they dont know how to use Bitcoin.

Even I am thinking the same, bank will not disappear. may be bank will accepts bitcoin as a one of mode of payment.
extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 04:08:57 PM

Even I am thinking the same, bank will not disappear. may be bank will accepts bitcoin as a one of mode of payment.
Include me in your team guys.. I also don't think banks will disapear. I think it will never  happen. banks have their own importance
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 339 »
  Print  

Jump to: