Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:42:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 339 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin make Banks disappear?  (Read 427560 times)
btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 09:37:32 AM

It will never happen because banks are mostly showing their interest towards bitcoin, bitcoin is just digital currency where we can transfer to any parts of country with low fee. But many countries banks want to implement the bitcoin transaction through banks.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 09:48:12 AM

It will never happen because banks are mostly showing their interest towards bitcoin, bitcoin is just digital currency where we can transfer to any parts of country with low fee. But many countries banks want to implement the bitcoin transaction through banks.

I assume you meant to say that banks are showing their interest in the blockchain as technology, and not Bitcoin as coin, right? If so, then yes. Banks, governments, businesses, etc, see the added value of having a similar system as the blockchain technology to power their entire way of doing business and handling things. But the main thing here is that they are just looking to create their own private version of the blockchain. It will be made in the way that they remain in full control over every aspect, as they don't want you to enjoy any level of freedom.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 12:46:57 PM

I assume you meant to say that banks are showing their interest in the blockchain as technology, and not Bitcoin as coin, right? If so, then yes. Banks, governments, businesses, etc, see the added value of having a similar system as the blockchain technology to power their entire way of doing business and handling things. But the main thing here is that they are just looking to create their own private version of the blockchain. It will be made in the way that they remain in full control over every aspect, as they don't want you to enjoy any level of freedom.

This is the main reason why banks will not disappear but instead of banks disappearing it is bitcoin that is in danger. Chinas prototype digital currency will be released by Chinas Central bank this September of 2017. This is a concrete example that banks are turning into digital currency and bitcoin isnt winning the revolution. With this issue possibly later this year my expected price increase on bitcoin will only be a possibility and not a reality due to the release of China's Digital Money.
mastica

Activity: 938

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 01:47:08 PM

Banks interest and big corporations saw at blockchain the possibility to save milions with the normal transactions they do make all days, soo they can save a huge ammount and raise their profit, thats their interest. Banks does provide a strong service and they risk their clients money with lending, but they do minimize the risks doing such lendings, something that for bitcoin gets similiar service would need a trusted escrow and would have to expose all credentials, something i doubt any bitcoiner wanna to be reall exposed.
lukmandog

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:49:28 PM

Banks interest and big corporations saw at blockchain the possibility to save milions with the normal transactions they do make all days, soo they can save a huge ammount and raise their profit, thats their interest. Banks does provide a strong service and they risk their clients money with lending, but they do minimize the risks doing such lendings, something that for bitcoin gets similiar service would need a trusted escrow and would have to expose all credentials, something i doubt any bitcoiner wanna to be reall exposed.

Maybe can happen in future when people understand concept bitcoin, then they do not need third party to deal with each other.
coszy

Activity: 270

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 07:54:19 PM

You can answer immediately and clearly the question of the strength of the banking system against bitcoin. That never happens. Nobody will destroy the banking sector. Rather bitcoin will have many enemies than the opposite.
Winter1986

Activity: 234

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 08:24:48 PM

Maybe can happen in future when people understand concept bitcoin, then they do not need third party to deal with each other.
Even in the future, can not be such. Banks is a confidence in the power of the people under their control. A bitcoin this will prevent.
lilit

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 08:49:30 PM

That's a good point. I also believe that banks and corporations are not stitching will take their warm places or close to the people the opportunity to earn money.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
Superzpay

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 08:56:21 PM

That's a good point. I also believe that banks and corporations are not stitching will take their warm places or close to the people the opportunity to earn money.
The reason that banks do not accept bitcoin is the governments of them as the banks and their rules are bounded with governments of the states so up to the time when governments do not allow them for bitcoin adoption they are unable to adopt bitcoin for their uses.
wutard

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 09:10:53 PM

The reason that banks do not accept bitcoin is the governments of them as the banks and their rules are bounded with governments of the states so up to the time when governments do not allow them for bitcoin adoption they are unable to adopt bitcoin for their uses.
There are instances when the state is not the prize officially bitcoin currency, but the banks carried out operations with cryptocurrency. I think that this is also the fact of fraud and the fact that hide money from the state by the bank itself.
onelove2111

Activity: 254

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 09:41:35 PM

I do not know why the banks and other financial institutions are adopting blockchain, but it is certainly not because of good intentions. I think that this point is the study of how the bitcoin and to resist cryptocurrency and threats from her the entire banking system.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 11:15:25 PM

You can answer immediately and clearly the question of the strength of the banking system against bitcoin. That never happens. Nobody will destroy the banking sector. Rather bitcoin will have many enemies than the opposite.

Bitcoin will not even has the priority of destroying the banking sector. It just wants to help us to have good daily transactions where we have freedom from taxes. And for sure that it will not going to happen because the banks are going to adopt bitcoin instead because they can see it as a threat and adopting it will make their services better.
True, I think even though bitcoin became famous later. it will not shift or make a bank be disappearing, bitcoin only provide diversity for currencies in the world
mrbigmugs

Activity: 247

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 11:26:25 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2017, 05:00:53 AM by mrbigmugs

No I do think this can happen in my opinion this is highly unlikely but we will see what is gonna happen of course because the fact is that its not to predict.
The banks are controlling the world and they have a lot of power that is why I do not think the bitcoin do it.
to me i think bitcoin is not here to make banks disappear. banks depends on fiat and bitcion cannot make fiat disappear, therefore banks will stay tell fiat exist. and to me i think there is still more time so that bitcoin become a regular currency  and all the people of the world start using bitcoin as fiat currency.

Positid

Activity: 378

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 02:50:02 AM

No I do think this can happen in my opinion this is highly unlikely but we will see what is gonna happen of course because the fact is that its not to predict.
The banks are controlling the world and they have a lot of power that is why I do not think the bitcoin do it.
to me i think bitcoin is not here to make banks disappear.
It's true, and even if we think of that, it will not happen as we do not have the power to do it. Bank will be superior than bitcoin because the government supports them and we are not.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 05:30:50 AM

Bitcoin will not even has the priority of destroying the banking sector. It just wants to help us to have good daily transactions where we have freedom from taxes. And for sure that it will not going to happen because the banks are going to adopt bitcoin instead because they can see it as a threat and adopting it will make their services better.
I am sorry but I have different opinion with you two.  I mean is if bank is used for save our money, if we do not use fiat anymore bank will become unused. I read so many news about some countries fiat is become worthless becouse the price is fall against USD. How if it is happen to our fiat, we have to safe our wealth by change it into something that no correlation with global economy. Thats my opinion.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 05:45:39 AM

I am sorry but I have different opinion with you two.  I mean is if bank is used for save our money, if we do not use fiat anymore bank will become unused. I read so many news about some countries fiat is become worthless becouse the price is fall against USD. How if it is happen to our fiat, we have to safe our wealth by change it into something that no correlation with global economy. Thats my opinion.

Hmmm, even though the fiat of an individual country is falling still their fiat will not be totally useless at all. It can still be used but its value is going to be affected not the whole fiat system of a country. And banks are not just for saving our fiat, there are a lot of things and services that banks can offer especially in investments.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Digong30

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 05:52:13 AM

I don't think that bitcoin has the potential to make banks disappear or even make banks useless . the government especially those elites wouldn't want it to happen even if they already have the control in bitcoin .
Finestream

Activity: 3038
Merit: 606

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 05:33:10 AM

I don't think that bitcoin has the potential to make banks disappear or even make banks useless . the government especially those elites wouldn't want it to happen even if they already have the control in bitcoin .
It's not even something to debate as we are only hoping for the impossible to happen. Banks produce fiat and it's like saying bitcoin will replace fiat. Let's be practical here I guess, bitcoin is new and still on it's early stage and there's so much to prove in the future.

The world is control by the government and no government would allow a decentralized system where they losses their power.

pinoycash

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2017, 05:36:18 AM

Yes, banks is the  economic and monetary lifeline of every country and it cant be replaced by BTC, plus how can we encash our BTC if the banks disappear. Smiley

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 02:51:21 AM

Yes, banks is the  economic and monetary lifeline of every country and it cant be replaced by BTC, plus how can we encash our BTC if the banks disappear. Smiley
Yup in this world we live in Cash is still king. Bitcoin without banks or even Fiat can't act on his own. Bitcoin will have no value on the majority of people who don't know it yet. Even in the near future I can't see Bitcoin overtaking any Fiat currency. Because in order for you to use Bitcoin you need to have internet and not all people have internet.
Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 339 »
  Print  

Jump to: