Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:09:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... 339 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin make Banks disappear?  (Read 427559 times)
TribalBob

Activity: 1288
Merit: 257

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 03:41:34 AM

No, bitcoin can't disappear banks because banks is more useful than bitcoin for example in online purchases banks can process the transaction fast with low fee unlike bitcoin you have to pay the high miner fee in order to prioritize your transaction and wait for a block to confirm your transaction.
Also the government is controlling the banks, they have support from the government and the society. In my own opinion

Delay in transaction will not be permanent and that issue will be solved in near future so you cannot say banks are better only for that single reason as there are many drawbacks even with the banks but even people will continue to use banks as they don't have any other choice.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 04:20:43 AM

No, bitcoin can't disappear banks because banks is more useful than bitcoin for example in online purchases banks can process the transaction fast with low fee unlike bitcoin you have to pay the high miner fee in order to prioritize your transaction and wait for a block to confirm your transaction.
Also the government is controlling the banks, they have support from the government and the society. In my own opinion

Delay in transaction will not be permanent and that issue will be solved in near future so you cannot say banks are better only for that single reason as there are many drawbacks even with the banks but even people will continue to use banks as they don't have any other choice.
Yes I agree with you but the increasing in difficulty to find a block is a problem too even if you paid the high priority fee, you will have to wait for a block 15-30mins or sometimes a hour.
Format.C^

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 06:10:40 AM

Yes I agree with you but the increasing in difficulty to find a block is a problem too even if you paid the high priority fee, you will have to wait for a block 15-30mins or sometimes a hour.

I think waiting for an hour is not a big deal and most of the people will prefer to wait for that if they are earning good amount of bitcoins and they will ignore this issue as there are many advantages attached with bitcoins in compare to disadvantages.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 08:10:52 AM

i think can because bitcoin more easier than bank , can transfer money without we'll go to the bank .. save our money in wallet this is very easy Smiley

No, people aren't going to believe in bitcoin's power to make the banks disappear. And besides they aren't going to allow this to happen. We know that banks can't be flopped that easy. And banks have a backed up power from the state so I don't think this is very possible to happen.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 08:21:54 AM

I think bitcoin can't make bank disappear because banks are still more useful than bitcoin and banks are run by the goverment and the government are more powerful than the people who runs bitcoin. But if no one are still using the bank there's a big chance that bitcoin can make the bank disappear.

You are first person who said this answer very clear and i am certain with you. Because i also think like you, bitcoin can't disappear the bank. Because all banks work under the government and government is more powerful than bitcoin's users.
I agree with you with all of what you said but I like to clarify one thing about Banks being ran by the government. Banks are regulated by the government in the means of rules/regulations/limitations but they are not exactly controlled by the government. The bank's customers and their accounts is still protected by means of privacy in which the government cannot instantly request from banks. Also banks are not some kind of special industry they are still businesses ran by corporations in which they need to pay their respective taxes.
Sapin

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 08:25:50 AM

No, I do not think that it can make banks disappear for a simple reason : their will always have a big demand for loans.
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 08:31:35 AM

I think bitcoin can't make bank disappear because banks are still more useful than bitcoin and banks are run by the goverment and the government are more powerful than the people who runs bitcoin. But if no one are still using the bank there's a big chance that bitcoin can make the bank disappear.

You are first person who said this answer very clear and i am certain with you. Because i also think like you, bitcoin can't disappear the bank. Because all banks work under the government and government is more powerful than bitcoin's users.
I agree with you with all of what you said but I like to clarify one thing about Banks being ran by the government. Banks are regulated by the government in the means of rules/regulations/limitations but they are not exactly controlled by the government. The bank's customers and their accounts is still protected by means of privacy in which the government cannot instantly request from banks. Also banks are not some kind of special industry they are still businesses ran by corporations in which they need to pay their respective taxes.

Okay there is privacy.
But how come they can get money from you whenever it has something to do with the government.
Parking tickets. Once unpaid with the due date they will force it by touching your bank account.
What the bank does after that? They will just inform you. They didnt even try to stop it for your own opinion first.
Now tell me. Is that right at the banks part? They dont even respect your decision.
kikeda

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 09:44:35 AM

i think can because bitcoin more easier than bank , can transfer money without we'll go to the bank .. save our money in wallet this is very easy Smiley

No, people aren't going to believe in bitcoin's power to make the banks disappear. And besides they aren't going to allow this to happen. We know that banks can't be flopped that easy. And banks have a backed up power from the state so I don't think this is very possible to happen.

Yup banks are the most powerful institution that we have and it will not be easy for bitcoin to make banks disappear as bitcoin is too small and not that powerful in compare to banks and even bitcoin lacks support from the Government.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 12:17:57 PM

Yup banks are the most powerful institution that we have and it will not be easy for bitcoin to make banks disappear as bitcoin is too small and not that powerful in compare to banks and even bitcoin lacks support from the Government.
Bitcoin is nothing compared to the banks because banks is already here since the time of our great great grandparents so i don't think bitcoin will have a chance to make the banks disappear or replace it. Bitcoin will be just another kind of money and additional to our world which can make other kind of things better but not a pure replacement for something.
Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 12:50:09 PM

Bitcoin is nothing compared to the banks because banks is already here since the time of our great great grandparents so i don't think bitcoin will have a chance to make the banks disappear or replace it. Bitcoin will be just another kind of money and additional to our world which can make other kind of things better but not a pure replacement for something.

But we don't want that bitcoin should replace banks as both of them have their own unique features and even being a user of bitcoin I also feel that I need banks for my daily transactions as I cannot do everything with bitcoin at a moment as I need fiat for my expenses and that I can get only from the banks.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 12:59:24 PM

Bitcoin can't make banks to disappear. Financial market in the world is still very conservative and banks are among the basic stakeholders in it. Many of us would like this to change but this is the way how it is. But bitcoin can make banks to change their attitude, at least in some way.

malaj
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 01:09:23 PM

I don't think that bitcoin will make banks dissapear. Bitcoin has been present here in our planet since 2009 and still not introduced to the whole world even with it's inovative features. Bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency, and it is a good cureency versus real money, but bitcoin still has its flaws to become a primary currency of one country and it cant make banks dissapear. When banks dissapear, that means the fiats also are.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
Garagenrt

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 01:15:22 PM

no, because there will always be those scared average joe, that will rely on the bank, no matter what new tech you have, you need plenty of new generation to remove those people

it's the same as right now there are still people that refuse to use credit card or new services...

That's right but eventually, one day it can make the banks disappear as the new generation takes over.
That's a hard mission to do dude, as long as this world is controlled by the government it will never happen that banks will be replace into something they cannot control. Let's be realistic, bitcoin is not even a threat for them now, they see that bitcoin market is growing due to increasing adoption but what they want to do to us, is they want to control us to comply with some of the law which will give them financial benefit.

If you have been invested in Bitcoin from at least 2013, it's easy to distinguish who some of the trolls are.  Mr Troll:  Never use the word "dude" when trying to spread disinformation.  What a joke.
ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 03:14:36 PM

Obviously not. It can never replace banks . Bitcoin has just emerged few years back and most of the people don't even know about bitcoin. And when it comes to banks people will never stop using banks unless there's some better alternative.
And bitcoin can never be that alternative as there are many flaws of bitcoin.
One of the main thing is that the conformation time bitcoin takes.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
JGoRed

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 03:21:04 PM

It seems that experts say that Bitcoin 'Here to Stay,' But Banks Could Disappear.

"TheStreet: How do you think FinTech will impact the way banks operate?

Frank Schwab: Banks either react on, or they will disappear. Anyway, the consolidation of the banking industry accelerates as the behaviour of people changes. Some banks will benefit from [FinTech], some will be pushed to the back end, and some will disappear."
http://www.thestreet.com/story/13419089/1/bitcoin-here-to-stay-but-banks-could-disappear-says-fintech-expert.html

What's your read on that?

No, I don't think banks will disappear; at least not at this rate.
Altas

Activity: 366
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 03:33:33 PM

For  me, I think that the banks will not disappear. They may be developed further, change the way of the actual existence but I think that will survive. Always will be need for money in big plans or projects, or even in various situations of everyone of us.
jc89

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 04:18:29 PM

Banks, one of its purpose is to support the economy of a certain country. It invests (let us say 70%) its available funds to a company or have it loaned to farmers or whatever. With this, the bank directly helps the country as a whole. It supports the economic development of a country that is why banks will stay no matter what. The speed of transactions or having low fees does not concerns the existence of bank, its purpose and role is the main concern. Also, the government will never let banks disappear because of bitcoin. Even though bitcoin surpasses fiat (a big IF and seems unlikely), the government will create a bitcoin bank. And banks still exist.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
gabbie2010

Activity: 2646
Merit: 322

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2017, 07:50:31 PM

Bitcoin cannot make bank disappear due to the fact that transactions in  banks differs from transferring of funds using bitcoins, A lot of transactions aside deposit and withdrawal of funds takes place in banks, bitcoins can only be sent and receive globally.

stergium

Activity: 655

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 08:55:09 PM

Bitcoin cannot make bank disappear due to the fact that transactions in  banks differs from transferring of funds using bitcoins, A lot of transactions aside deposit and withdrawal of funds takes place in banks, bitcoins can only be sent and receive globally.
although there are always possibilities to happen that but i do not think that it is possible in near future. my be after decades whe all the people will start using bitcoin then it will becom possible
macartem

Activity: 676
Merit: 319

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 08:57:28 PM

Banks will always find some service to provide that else will want to buy.
Pages: « 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... 339 »
  Print  

Jump to: