Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:35:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: -
-
-

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Francs FRN - www.francs.paris  (Read 137735 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
versterk

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:14:34 AM

"ripping" ...

thinking of automatic sell to a platform from a multipool instead of ripping ...

nothing about premine adress
Ragarg

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:40:26 PM

Hello FRANCS team,

I'm happy to announce that your coin has been listed to ItalYiiMP 2.0 for mining,

to get paid in FRN just set c=FRN as password in your configuration.

As an additional service, the explorer is available at the address http://italyiimp.com/explorer

visit http://italyiimp.com.

best regards.

Ragarg.
LawBC (OP)

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

www.francs.paris

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 01:51:10 AM

There is no way to prevent an agressive miner to mine the coin. Unless switching the current POW consensus. The easiest way to counter big miners is to grow the network.

Work is being done currently to activate Segwit and release both mobile wallets. So we can move forward.
If you are a developer and want to help the project, you can load a big bag at 300 sats and involve yourself.

Exemple of things that could be worked on right now :

- Payment plugins apps for popular websites such as Wordpress, Prestashop, Woo commerce.
- Platform to crowdfund projects and ideas from the community
- Sales manager for upcoming Blockchain events in France
- The Journal WP have been hacked. That kind of issues takes time to diagnose. It's been months since it's broken and had no ttime to fix it.

Keep in mind that FRN have been 100% self-funded, we didn't launched via ICO. It is an open-source project created by passionate people. We have our own life and sometimes our hassles as well. We may not have accomplished much over the last months but at least I can tell you that all the current websites and services will remain functional. No dead project neither any exit scam of any sort...

Shooriko

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:57:47 PM

There is no way to prevent an agressive miner to mine the coin. Unless switching the current POW consensus. The easiest way to counter big miners is to grow the network.

Work is being done currently to activate Segwit and release both mobile wallets. So we can move forward.
If you are a developer and want to help the project, you can load a big bag at 300 sats and involve yourself.

Exemple of things that could be worked on right now :

- Payment plugins apps for popular websites such as Wordpress, Prestashop, Woo commerce.
- Platform to crowdfund projects and ideas from the community
- Sales manager for upcoming Blockchain events in France
- The Journal WP have been hacked. That kind of issues takes time to diagnose. It's been months since it's broken and had no ttime to fix it.

Keep in mind that FRN have been 100% self-funded, we didn't launched via ICO. It is an open-source project created by passionate people. We have our own life and sometimes our hassles as well. We may not have accomplished much over the last months but at least I can tell you that all the current websites and services will remain functional. No dead project neither any exit scam of any sort...

This is all understandable. You need a developer. But do not show up at the "gathering of hats" when cryptocurrencies are already grown. You must commit more time into your project. I get that people have lives, but come on, a month to respond on a forum? Which only takes like 10 minutes or less to do.
kleissen86

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:59:42 AM

is this coin dead? what is it used for? who is using it?
Lucus12

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:40:42 AM

hi all, i'm trying to access my online wallet but frn.cash seems down, did i miss something ? @LawBC, any advice ? Good luck on the development, you still have support over here !
Shooriko

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:46:19 PM

hi all, i'm trying to access my online wallet but frn.cash seems down, did i miss something ? @LawBC, any advice ? Good luck on the development, you still have support over here !

They have my support also, but they better get moving to make sure they do not miss the boat with the cryptocurrency developing market. Come on. I know you put money into this, but you will get so much more out if you continue development, and good development. Never even launched the advertising campaign, and printed a whole bunch of brochures.
Lucus12

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 06:30:20 PM

Never even launched the advertising campaign, and printed a whole bunch of brochures.
Not quite true, I run a small business and got my fancy brochure ! I guess they did send them, but obviously not on a large scale.

hi all, i'm trying to access my online wallet but frn.cash seems down, did i miss something ? @LawBC, any advice ?
Anybody can tell me more about frn.cash/ ?
Shooriko

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:54:44 PM

Never even launched the advertising campaign, and printed a whole bunch of brochures.
Not quite true, I run a small business and got my fancy brochure ! I guess they did send them, but obviously not on a large scale.

hi all, i'm trying to access my online wallet but frn.cash seems down, did i miss something ? @LawBC, any advice ?

Oh snap, so they sent out the advertising campaign and did not even let us know? Probably sold their shares while the coin was inflated, in order to get their finances back. Now doing selfish mining to get more of their coins back. That's pretty low guys, to be completely honest. Disabled the explore view from Coin Market Capital. And went silent for months. That is absolutely despicable. You sold yourself low. You could have made millions on this project. But you compromised for a couple of thousands. And you also tainted your entire project and compromised your investors.
Lucus12

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:51:33 PM

Oh snap, so they sent out the advertising campaign and did not even let us know? Probably sold their shares while the coin was inflated, in order to get their finances back. Now doing selfish mining to get more of their coins back. That's pretty low guys, to be completely honest. Disabled the explore view from Coin Market Capital. And went silent for months. That is absolutely despicable. You sold yourself low. You could have made millions on this project. But you compromised for a couple of thousands. And you also tainted your entire project and compromised your investors.

i don't know about all this scam speculation, all i can tell you is when i contacted them to get a brochure they got back to me quickly. that was indeed a few months back, and the project has been quiet since, but we don't know what happened.
NOW, can someone please tell me what happened to frn.cash/ ??
calcifer

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:19:43 PM

i don't know about all this scam speculation, all i can tell you is when i contacted them to get a brochure they got back to me quickly. that was indeed a few months back, and the project has been quiet since, but we don't know what happened.
NOW, can someone please tell me what happened to frn.cash/ ??

Its not a speculation. I have closely monitored the connected nodes, the mining addresses.  What they are doing is masking their scam by quoting low network hashing power. What they are effectively doing is buying time from community and investors by not making progress, giving hopes to community by occasionally talking about their future plans to keep the coin price from sinking, while silently mining away coins and selling it to make up for their nonICO project funds.

@Law, I beg to defer on your points. You keep talking about getting ideas and help from community but give least importance to winning their confidence and trust in the first hand. Yes and I do agree its not an exit scam rather an ongoing one where you want community to believe and buy the coins that you mine yourself.

@Shooriko, The IP for explorer link in coinmarketcap has changed, the IP was pointing to seed node initially. The IP got changed but not updated in Coinmarketcap.  can try explorer.francs.paris

@Lucus12, frn.cash has broken link as well. It was working few weeks back. Might be IP has changed here as well but like Law mentioned team might be busy with their life hassles!!  Dont lose hope. They are sure to respond in a month or two when they see the coin price is sinking.
Shooriko

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:08:07 PM

You had a really good thing going, you really did. It is a shame that you flushed it all down the toilet. Piece of garbage cryptocurrency. Cannot even make one post for months. You people are full of it. Mining up all the coins for yourself and selling them. Shameful people. Shame on you.
Lucus12

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:28:28 PM

@calcifer thank you for your clear an thorough reply. i was able to access the site with this : http://185.14.184.239/
versterk

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:38:01 PM

@calcifer ... how many FRN do you have / mined / bought ?

you've written 5 posts on ALL bitcointalk, ALL on this topic

latest wallet have problems, I removed it and reinstall 1.02 and get all my coin back which never appeared on the lastest release

calm down buddy, you'll win nothing yelling "scam scam scam"

prohashing FRN explorer is a good one and really work
calcifer

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:02:31 PM

latest wallet have problems, I removed it and reinstall 1.02 and get all my coin back which never appeared on the lastest release

Well I am happy that someone is responding and questioning in the first place.

I started gathering this coin after reading and becoming fully confident about this coin not being a scam. I ventured into this in-spite of the fact that there is an unmoderated thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1336454.0) bashing FRN during its launch phase to be a scam. I didn't believe what was written in the thread because it was not fully convincing.

How much I have bought. I have bought >1% as per the top 100 rich list of FRN explorer. That's about ~52K coins with my hard earned money!!

How much I have mined? Well I never intended to mine this coin. I bumped into couple of my friends scrypt antminers so bought it(hard earned again) and started mining about 2 months back. I wanted to do solo since the network hash was not that high . Unfortunately since cgminer was not capable of doing direct solo so I started to learn how to solo. Well I even went to the extent of modifying Eloipool (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=61731.0) to use Scrypt algo which was otherwise meant purely for Bitcoin/SHA256. It was really a daunting task for me.
Before even venturing into the task, I did ask in the forum if anyone has any success with Solo using Antminer. I never got any response. So I will disagree here that I always keep yelling scam.
I only wanted to solo so never gave thought about who are the other miners and their hash rates. Well to have good network during solo I even created VPS(again personal investment) in Digital ocean in Amsterdam 2 this is the  same network and service provider as FRNs seed node(185.14.184.239).
I even modified uNOMP for stratum mining and overall mined about 12k coins Eloipool+uNOMP in ~35days. These 12k was not butter smooth. I was a victim of BWH attack. I didnt even know such attack exists initially . I was losing coins but initially thought I was doing something wrong with mining so gave the benefit of doubt to FRN team. Then I started monitoring the explorer and the mined blocks and time analysis and orphaned blocks. these are couple of ways to find the BWH attack .

Then I started monitoring the mining addresses(peer miners like me) and my second and third post was to Law/Dev team asking them to validate my theory. I even shared the Mining address and time analysis. Again never yelled scam here. benefit of doubt given to FRN team because I was >1% investor and wanted this coin to succeed. Absolutely no response on my analysis from FRN team. The more I digged deeper into mining addresses, yobit sells, cryptopia sells maping with explorer Francs movements the more things were getting clear that BWH was intentional to keep other miners out of bay . was surely done with FRN teams knowledge.

No denying here. I never wanted to write or show low of the very coin for which I'm an investor/miner. I only was buying since early June '17. but I am happy that I ventured into mining and was able to unearth the findings.

I am not quite sure what you mean here, but i have done a dozens of installation of wallet on ubuntu on my local laptop and in Cloud using Digital ocean. Well I even keep an eye on Github/FRN every week since I started to mine just to be sure that the Codebase has not been updated by Dev team.

If this coin loses I lose my 1%. I am not that insane to do  that kind of damage to myself!!  Its a considerable investment for me. I was calm all this while and have given more than what we call benefit of doubt to the FRN team. Like I explained above I never called it a scam during my first couple of posts. It was a sincere and urgent request to Law and Dev community to analyze.

Just an additional stats. The day I posted Selfish mining attack by FGjHkLuz3FNxxjNdj2MyjBm5GPQbSY5AZi . He stopped mining(~2days later). Thought it might be a coincidence . The last post from Law on FRNs future plans and quoting that Aggressive miners cannot be stopped, Mr 'FGjHkLuz3FNxxjNdj2MyjBm5GPQbSY5AZi'  comes back and happily mining away. I dont think it can be a coincidence this time around.

Lastly I still hold my >1% coins.  All this while I didnt want to wake up and listen to my analytical mind. I still wish my theory of 'scam' is incorrect but my analytical mind does not agree anymore!!

Shooriko

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:02:26 AM

Well I am happy that someone is responding and questioning in the first place.

I started gathering this coin after reading and becoming fully confident about this coin not being a scam. I ventured into this in-spite of the fact that there is an unmoderated thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1336454.0) bashing FRN during its launch phase to be a scam. I didn't believe what was written in the thread because it was not fully convincing.

How much I have bought. I have bought >1% as per the top 100 rich list of FRN explorer. That's about ~52K coins with my hard earned money!!

How much I have mined? Well I never intended to mine this coin. I bumped into couple of my friends scrypt antminers so bought it(hard earned again) and started mining about 2 months back. I wanted to do solo since the network hash was not that high . Unfortunately since cgminer was not capable of doing direct solo so I started to learn how to solo. Well I even went to the extent of modifying Eloipool (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=61731.0) to use Scrypt algo which was otherwise meant purely for Bitcoin/SHA256. It was really a daunting task for me.
Before even venturing into the task, I did ask in the forum if anyone has any success with Solo using Antminer. I never got any response. So I will disagree here that I always keep yelling scam.
I only wanted to solo so never gave thought about who are the other miners and their hash rates. Well to have good network during solo I even created VPS(again personal investment) in Digital ocean in Amsterdam 2 this is the  same network and service provider as FRNs seed node(185.14.184.239).
I even modified uNOMP for stratum mining and overall mined about 12k coins Eloipool+uNOMP in ~35days. These 12k was not butter smooth. I was a victim of BWH attack. I didnt even know such attack exists initially . I was losing coins but initially thought I was doing something wrong with mining so gave the benefit of doubt to FRN team. Then I started monitoring the explorer and the mined blocks and time analysis and orphaned blocks. these are couple of ways to find the BWH attack .

Then I started monitoring the mining addresses(peer miners like me) and my second and third post was to Law/Dev team asking them to validate my theory. I even shared the Mining address and time analysis. Again never yelled scam here. benefit of doubt given to FRN team because I was >1% investor and wanted this coin to succeed. Absolutely no response on my analysis from FRN team. The more I digged deeper into mining addresses, yobit sells, cryptopia sells maping with explorer Francs movements the more things were getting clear that BWH was intentional to keep other miners out of bay . was surely done with FRN teams knowledge.

No denying here. I never wanted to write or show low of the very coin for which I'm an investor/miner. I only was buying since early June '17. but I am happy that I ventured into mining and was able to unearth the findings.

I am not quite sure what you mean here, but i have done a dozens of installation of wallet on ubuntu on my local laptop and in Cloud using Digital ocean. Well I even keep an eye on Github/FRN every week since I started to mine just to be sure that the Codebase has not been updated by Dev team.

If this coin loses I lose my 1%. I am not that insane to do  that kind of damage to myself!!  Its a considerable investment for me. I was calm all this while and have given more than what we call benefit of doubt to the FRN team. Like I explained above I never called it a scam during my first couple of posts. It was a sincere and urgent request to Law and Dev community to analyze.

Just an additional stats. The day I posted Selfish mining attack by FGjHkLuz3FNxxjNdj2MyjBm5GPQbSY5AZi . He stopped mining(~2days later). Thought it might be a coincidence . The last post from Law on FRNs future plans and quoting that Aggressive miners cannot be stopped, Mr 'FGjHkLuz3FNxxjNdj2MyjBm5GPQbSY5AZi'  comes back and happily mining away. I dont think it can be a coincidence this time around.

Lastly I still hold my >1% coins.  All this while I didnt want to wake up and listen to my analytical mind. I still wish my theory of 'scam' is incorrect but my analytical mind does not agree anymore!!

And this is why me and my brother sold out of our Francs. I looked at it, analyzed it, and my final straw and loss of hope was when someone mentioned that they received the pamphlet from the advertising campaign that the Francs team said they would release later. No wonder they evaded the question of when the advertising campaign was going to be released, that big run-up that the coin had, when I was thinking of selling, was due to the advertising campaign. I knew I should have sold, especially when Francs tanked 40% in one day. That was the development team selling out their shares, I believe. This is ridiculous and these people are thieves.
LawBC (OP)

Activity: 221

www.francs.paris

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 05:08:29 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2017, 05:25:57 AM by LawBC

Not sure what caused the frn.cash service to crash. Should be re-up soon.

My final straw and loss of hope was when someone mentioned that they received the pamphlet from the advertising campaign that the Francs team said they would release later. No wonder they evaded the question of when the advertising campaign was going to be released

No. We got three mails from three businesses wanting to get their promo packs. And we sent them. All the other packs are still stored here in my apartment.
If you would like to see a picture of them to calm down the conspiracy theories, I can send you one.

I knew I should have sold, especially when Francs tanked 40% in one day. That was the development team selling out their shares, I believe.

We never sold our shares. As everyone can see.

@calcifer

I think I already explained it. The chain have been stucked a few times (actually, many times) over the last few months. That is happening when the big miner leaves in the middle of a block leaving the difficulty too high for the other miners, therefore making the chain stop. I had to rent some mining power to start it back. Otherwise it would sometime take a whole day to resume.

That is most likely the reason why we got such a high rate of orphaned blocks. The chain is suffering because of the weakness of the network.
I'm not aware of the anomalies you pointed out on the previous page. I assume they are created because of the same causes. If you doubt about the code, freely review it. I don't think the other devs would do anything suspicious in my back.

Message to the community,

If you have competence in app developping, please PM me either on Slack or Bitcointalk. Both iOS and Android adaptation of the LTC Loafwallet are actually 80% completed. Just need to be a bit more of testings and the design refined.

A community member contacted us this week. Saying he could help to build a decentralized exchange platform based on coin swapping. That service could be integrated in wallet, so once Segwit is finally live we may be able to bring some exciting stuff.

The next milestones haven't changed,

. Android / iOS wallet release.
. Sending packs.
. Segwit activation, which will happen independently of the two other events.

Once that's completed, we can talk about further publicity and promotion. And finally pull this thing off.
That will most likely motivate the troops to come back full time on the project once we secured a few BTC profit.
MAFTRADER

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:59:17 PM

My final straw and loss of hope was when someone mentioned that they received the pamphlet from the advertising campaign that the Francs team said they would release later. No wonder they evaded the question of when the advertising campaign was going to be released

No. We got three mails from three businesses wanting to get their promo packs. And we sent them. All the other packs are still stored here in my apartment.
If you would like to see a picture of them to calm down the conspiracy theories, I can send you one.

I knew I should have sold, especially when Francs tanked 40% in one day. That was the development team selling out their shares, I believe.

@calcifer

I think I already explained it. The chain have been stucked a few times (actually, many times) over the last few months. That is happening when the big miner leaves in the middle of a block leaving the difficulty too high for the other miners, therefore making the chain stop. I had to rent some mining power to start it back. Otherwise it would sometime take a whole day to resume.

That is most likely the reason why we got such a high rate of orphaned blocks. The chain is suffering because of the weakness of the network.
I'm not aware of the anomalies you pointed out on the previous page. I assume they are created because of the same causes. If you doubt about the code, freely review it. I don't think the other devs would do anything suspicious in my back.

If you have competence in app developping, please PM me either on Slack or Bitcointalk. Both iOS and Android adaptation of the LTC Loafwallet are actually 80% completed. Just need to be a bit more of testings and the design refined.

A community member contacted us this week. Saying he could help to build a decentralized exchange platform based on coin swapping. That service could be integrated in wallet, so once Segwit is finally live we may be able to bring some exciting stuff.

. Sending packs.

Once that's completed, we can talk about further publicity and promotion. And finally pull this thing off.
That will most likely motivate the troops to come back full time on the project once we secured a few BTC profit.

no comment on this, the project nearly 2 years already. dont know the specific reason why

are you doing this alone ?
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:49:19 AM

@calcifer

. Sending packs.

Please dev,

read about this tech to protect the network from big hash changes

https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/guides/what-is-a-kimoto-gravity-well-dark-gravity-wave-or-digishield/
calcifer

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:49:01 AM

Please dev,

read about this tech to protect the network from big hash changes

https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/guides/what-is-a-kimoto-gravity-well-dark-gravity-wave-or-digishield/

Absoloutely!! Even I thought of posting about Dark Gravity algo but get demotivated to post any recommendations seeing the response times and from FRN Team and not keeping up to their own road maps.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: