Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:38:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: "Bitcoin is Dead" - Mike Hearn  (Read 17567 times)
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 12:43:14 AM

@pompatore
Thanks a lot for your long post with great info.

I don't think BTC's dead yet, but I see it going into some kind of "vegetative state". All Internet startups need to grow fast, and the blocksize issue has been hanging around for more than 6 months without a solution. Unless this problem is solved, with the network gaining ability to accept ten times more transactions, we can't expect any growth.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 03:50:00 AM

So this is the reason for the sudden massive drop in price  Cry
Little unaccurate news in the media can affect a currency so fast is not very comforting.  Undecided
Yeah, because this shit people getting panic an sell their bitcoin, but I would take this as a chance for buying bitcoin in this low price and I'm sure bitcoin price will raise back.
Luqman

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 03:54:33 AM

Hearn and Garzik are children. " If I can't have it, I'll break it so no one else can play with it."

All this drama is making the shitcoin of the week look good and we don't need that.
Agreed, they just kind of shit that want destroy bitcoin.
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 04:27:18 AM

Hearn and Garzik are children. " If I can't have it, I'll break it so no one else can play with it."

All this drama is making the shitcoin of the week look good and we don't need that.

Do YOU think they can destroy bitcoin? No?

Well obviously, since even YOU realize that, these guys, who are clearly much smarter than YOU also realize that they're not gonna be able to destroy bitcoin with a blog post...

It's just stupid to think that that's their motive. It's much more likely that they want to bring the very real issues that exist to more people, and hope that it gets fixed eventually, somehow.
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 04:50:02 AM

Well obviously, since even YOU realize that, these guys, who are clearly much smarter than YOU also realize that they're not gonna be able to destroy bitcoin with a blog post...

It's just stupid to think that that's their motive. It's much more likely that they want to bring the very real issues that exist to more people, and hope that it gets fixed eventually, somehow.

Clearly, me and many more could not comprehend this. Thanks for enlightening all of us.

I'm all happy now knowing these jokers are highly intelligent beings incapable of an emotional, sour grapes rant.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
kheein

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

Turn your financial ideas into reality

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 04:58:55 AM

it's just a trick of the mike . why ? because he gave the statement in order to buy bitcoin much when the price falls , and sell them when halving later.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 05:07:41 AM

Clearly, me and many more could not comprehend this. Thanks for enlightening all of us.

I'm all happy now knowing these jokers are highly intelligent beings incapable of an emotional, sour grapes rant.

Yup. You guys do need to be enlightened.

Of course they can be emotional. I think most people would be emotionally attached after working on something for 5 years, trying to make it succeed. And they would be frustrated when others cannot see the problems that they so clearly see, because they think it will eventually ruin the project they've worked so hard on for years.

I don't know if Mike Hearn is "right". But clearly he is one of the most knowledgeable people about bitcoin in the world, and I think his concerns definitely require some attention. Now, he is a human being, and like all other human beings, he's not perfect. He's prone to emotion, and he's prone to only seeing his side of things. There may be a lot of good things happening that he's not seeing, or maybe there are a lot of holes in what he's proposing that he's not seeing.

I don't know, I don't pretend to be knowledgeable enough to comment. But to just brush him off as a "joker" who wrote what he did in an effort to "destroy" bitcoin is I think very silly, and not good for bitcoin.
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 05:13:17 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2016, 05:24:07 AM by rokkyroad

But to just brush him off as a "joker" who wrote what he did in an effort to "destroy" bitcoin is I think very silly, and not good for bitcoin.

That's a fair statement.

We need to be pissed at those who reacted to Hearn and dumped their FFNN bitcoins  Angry

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 09:47:34 AM

Every time someone says bitcoin is dead l made money so i would like to see bitcoin everyday died a little bit.
Bitcoin is 5 year old so he is now very strong l think..So don't worry!

You can rent this space
Luqman

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 10:06:42 AM

Hold on mate, I'm not said that they can destroy bitcoin but they WANT to destroy bitcoin by saying this shit.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 11:36:21 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2016, 03:27:33 PM by Amph

more like they are trying to manipulate the market with bad news, and buy cheap coins, i'm not believing in any of those crap anymore

everyone advocating the death of bitcoin was wrong as fuck
Hash72

Activity: 294

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 11:50:41 AM

more like they are traing to manipulate the market with bad news, and buy cheap coins, i'm not believing in any of those crap anymore

everyone advocating the death of bitcoin was wrong as fuck
You are right it just manipulation and mike hearn him-self was hired by some big banks 
Look here :
http://bitcoinist.net/the-war-on-bitcoin-has-only-just-begun-with-mike-hearn-leaving/

So i think the war just begun .

okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 11:57:50 AM

Every time someone says bitcoin is dead l made money so i would like to see bitcoin everyday died a little bit.
Bitcoin is 5 year old so he is now very strong l think..So don't worry!

shhhh don't talk so high or someone will ear you Tongue

That's exactly what some guys will never understand, bitcoin is like a younger boy, now people start to understand the potential of this technology, speculation about bitcoin is the "day by day" from those guys, but progress is inevitable.

Bitcoin is Dead

yes, but only in your dreams.

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
iefken

Activity: 280

Live by your own rules

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 03:23:49 PM

You can say what you will, if he sold x bitcoins at 450 dollar each 1 week ago, and buys back in right now... Not sure what to put in the x, but if bitcoin is going up again, we have got atleast 1 person who benefited from his own statement/doing Wink I've got no clue if he is going to (or already has) but yea, some media attention and you can earn some decent cash...
But as with everything: nothing is sure ofcourse...
Infinitude

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 03:59:01 PM

Mike Hearns has recently been hired to work for a group of banks. No wonder he's trumpeting the death of bitcoin. The f**king whore!!
dk8218

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 08:11:44 PM

Not so..
This is just a bullshit..
He doesn't believe in bitcoin so he sold it and prices go down..
There is nothing like R.I.P to.bitcoin or.bitcoin is dead..
And it never can be..
Instead it's a good time to buy btc for cold storage or future usings for trading..
datz

Activity: 295

"to survive, we must live and fly"

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 08:30:40 PM

Bitcoin is not dead unless you lie and say it is. If you lie, you die.
PakistanHockeyfan

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 03:34:38 AM

Bitcoin as of now is certainly not going to get out of the hundreds section. I would be so much happier if that were the case, only because this way, we can find a way to control the rising and growing. For example, when it goes low its time to buy. When it's high, its time to sell. If Bitcoin just skyrockets to 400 million dollars one day and just keeps growing, it'll be hard for newcomers to adopt.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 03:47:46 AM

Bitcoin as of now is certainly not going to get out of the hundreds section. I would be so much happier if that were the case, only because this way, we can find a way to control the rising and growing. For example, when it goes low its time to buy. When it's high, its time to sell. If Bitcoin just skyrockets to 400 million dollars one day and just keeps growing, it'll be hard for newcomers to adopt.

There is no real way of finding a way to "control" the growth of bitcoin.  In that case, Bitcoin would have to be regulated which is not good... at least in my mind it's not.  To have bitcoin "regulated" is saying that we essentially want the Central Banking system, but just with our new nerd toy. Bitcoin is awesome not because it can be transferred anywhere in the world instantaneously (and assuming you can wait a little bit for confirmations), but rather that it is not necessarily controlled by anyone.  This is actually up for debate, because now we are having a problem with mining centralization, regardless if no one wants to talk about it or disregard it.

Also, if Bitcoin were to be worth a stupid figure like 400 mil, then there has obviously been an economic collapse of all fiat system and the world economy is in ruins.  There will be no need to "cash out" into fiat, because you would essentially be cashing out for shit paper that can't buy anything.

~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 04:21:21 AM

It will never skyrocket like that to 400 million in a day. It have taken almost 4-5 days last time on november to get double its price last year.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: