Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:06:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: "Bitcoin is Dead" - Mike Hearn  (Read 17567 times)
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 04:58:56 AM

I agree.  May I ask you another question: If Bitcoin Classic is accepted, will it be robust enough to be able to compete with what the R3 blockchain group will put out?  I mean, the R3 group scabbed Hearn (among others), invested 9 billion USD in research alone (Bitcoins present marketcap is only 5.8 billion USD), and serves a huge US banking system with a platform and customer base already in place.  Surely, whatever the R3 group comes up with, it will be a totally different critter than Bitcoin, but what impact will it have on the adoption of Bitcoin Classic and the Bitcoin community in general?

One thing has nothing to do with the other.

I assume you mean if Bitcoin Classic is accepted widely and miners don't splinter.  In which case, (barring a catastrophic bug, which is very unlikely) Bitcoin would be just as robust as it is now.

R3 sounds like it has impressive resources but as far as I can gather its purpose is to bring distributed ledgers to the financial world, not to create a true peer to peer currency like Bitcoin.  In other words, its just a fancy way to move fiat around.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lolgato

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 05:01:55 AM

Bitcoin is revolutionary I doubt I would die after a little dump or some ignorant person leaves the bitcoin community.The fact is there is still thousands of people still using bitcoins.
orpington

Activity: 784
Merit: 512

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 05:23:32 AM

bitcoin classic is about as useful as a bag of dirt  Grin
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 06:27:52 AM

We need Classic. The Core developers are fucking around.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 06:40:11 AM

We need Classic. The Core developers are fucking around.

At the very least the 'core devs' have to step up and put on a timeline WHEN they plan to do a hard fork now to at least 2mb imho....

they may think they have a more 'elegant solution' with soft forks and such ..but the masses are restless....so they have to do that

and also show some more 'movement' on where they want to go coding wise in the future......

the catch is a frigging 'timeline' to hard fork to 2mb say 3 months ago on top of the talk of their other innovations ..if core devs would have done

that ..then hell ..imho the 'confidence' of that planing would way offset any problems with a 'hard fork' to 2mb blocks

I suppose if the FUD continues and price dumps to 150 usd btc (shudder I need 230 or above to break even) ..then all the above will get done

I mean they got to be a bit more frigging 'pro active' and 'consensus building' less our way or the highway

I suppose the example of the 'bitcoin foundation' should temper my expectations

I do sometimes wonder if these folk that are core devs or other bitcoin devs ..being 'early adopters' in their unconscious minds really think that 450 is as high as
the price can go..I mean mining at 12c a coin back in the day..they may have frigging lost touch with the new reality of 2015?
.would explain a lot about there 'it will get done when it gets done' and such actions it seems to me..

anyway right or wrong from a coder point of view (i don't code) the masses have spoken....eventually core devs need to fess up to doing a hard fork to 2 MB
and a timeline or triggers for more in the future......with 20% say of FUD with the other alternative chains for BTC ....it is just enough to rock the boat
...that is if they want their 'core vision' to prevail......just suck it up already....go with the flow

anyway how it seems to me (and others) from digging thru the FUD Sad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 07:20:39 AM

@pompatore thanks for posting this.

Interesting reading and I'm not so sure if it's wise to ignore all of this. If he's right BTC might go down rather sooner than later.

Of course, he is right. he was inside Bitcoin for years He knows many people(investors, exchangers, miners).

Rightly so, I think the insiders know much much more about it rather than us.
We can just guess things and say no bitcoin still has huge potential, but the insiders always know the actual condition and technical views.
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 08:10:00 AM

So is Bitcoin dead? It is not dead. Objectively, the Bitcoin markets are still alive and well, and the Blockchain, the digital platform on which the currency relies, is still operational. As Elizabeth Stark points out on Twitter, people love to declare that Bitcoin is dead. According to this running tally, Bitcoin has been declared dead 88 times. (Hern's post would be the 89th instance of someone falsely claiming the currency was dead.) People have been declaring Bitcoin dead since 2010, and it's been declared dead twice already in 2016.
Rescue Squad

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 08:19:34 AM

The price seems to be recovering from that $350 drop let's see what happens next week.
DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 08:22:22 AM

Interesting reading and I'm not so sure if it's wise to ignore all of this. If he's right BTC might go down rather sooner than later.

Of course, he is right. he was inside Bitcoin for years He knows many people(investors, exchangers, miners).

We can just guess things and say no bitcoin still has huge potential, but the insiders always know the actual condition and technical views.

I think he mentioned that in the long-term the value of bitcoins will decrease not increase which I found disturbing. What if after the halving the value doesn't increase and costs of mining become unsustainable?

mercistheman

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 08:41:36 AM

Mike Hearn is dead to the community... It's important that no one follows Benedict Arnold to his anti Bitcoin sellout.
It's time to rally together.
mxnsch

Activity: 471
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 08:48:22 AM

I think he mentioned that in the long-term the value of bitcoins will decrease not increase which I found disturbing. What if after the halving the value doesn't increase and costs of mining become unsustainable?
Many will stop mining and the difficulty will drop, again.

██  ███  nope ██  ███
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 08:51:44 AM

The price seems to be recovering from that $350 drop let's see what happens next week.

350 was very strong resistence, there was no way that it can drop, and anyway the halving is incoming

people that were thingking about sub 300 or evne worse sub 200, don't have  asingle clue how bitcoin halving work and why the price must increase in the future
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 08:51:58 AM

Many will stop mining and the difficulty will drop, again.

Very true. It will again take some time to reach higher price for Bitcoin.
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 01:41:53 AM

The chinese miners are too greedy to stop.
btckold24

Activity: 434

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:10:15 AM

is this why bitcoin went down like 50 over the past week?

I wasnt paying a ton of attention but was this clown the reason for the drop?

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:12:18 AM

is this why bitcoin went down like 50 over the past week?

I wasnt paying a ton of attention but was this clown the reason for the drop?

Apparently, he was.

Why people reacted to it is the 64 million dollar question. His motives are certainly questionable.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 06:25:32 PM

Whatever happened this idea have been seen by millions of people so bitcoin 2 will emerge soon or maybe is here already.
 But l don't believe a word troll saying.
BruceSwanson

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 06:30:22 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2016, 11:09:06 PM by BruceSwanson

Hearn's tone deaf cri de coeur doth protest too much and reminds me of what writer Mary McCarthy said about playwright Lillian Hellman: her "every word is a lie, even and and the." It's a pity the crowdsourcing prediction-market system Augur.net isn't up and running yet. It would have been a counterbalance to the news media's use of the "issue" as breathless click-bait and I agree with those who see the price drop as a herd-panic over the Cryptsy crash.

Bitcoin isn't dead. It's just doing what all successful revolutions do: taking on a life of its own. Kind of like the election of Andrew Jackson.

DrClayForrester

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 08:52:53 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2016, 09:16:47 PM by DrClayForrester

Mike.mp4
Ya-ing

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 09:10:26 PM

I hope is not dead yet, I still have to know it well lol.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: