Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:41:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ToominCoin aka "Bitcoin_Classic" #R3KT  (Read 157077 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2016, 08:04:48 AM

The level of stupidity in /r/btc is so severe that I even suspect some small blockist /r/Buttcoin agent provocateurs may be contributing to it.

Fixed.  No charge.   Smiley

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 08:25:44 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2016, 08:36:05 AM by hdbuck

Meh so Classic got #R3kt - as expected and because the reality is that nobody besides the social media derps wants to commit fork - and so now core should take over and implement their beloved 2MB fork? lol

Hardfork will not happen. Give it a 10 years grace period or even a 51% threshold. Forkers will get #R3kt anyway.

But I kinda regret we did not took the classic opportunity to get rid of goldman-coinbase-sachs and other delusional corporations with their reddit minions. If only they'd have forked their way out of the legacy network.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 11:53:12 AM

Meh so Classic got #R3kt - as expected and because the reality is that nobody besides the social media derps wants to commit fork - and so now core should take over and implement their beloved 2MB fork? lol

Hardfork will not happen. Give it a 10 years grace period or even a 51% threshold. Forkers will get #R3kt anyway.

But I kinda regret we did not took the classic opportunity to get rid of goldman-coinbase-sachs and other delusional corporations with their reddit minions. If only they'd have forked their way out of the legacy network.

Why does a hardfork has to happen at all?

If they want to prove that their version is good, create an altcoin, and if the market finds it suitable, bitcoiners will shift their money in it. They can even peg the price to 1:1 to bitcoin so that the late joiners would not suffer from late joining.

Why do they want to force us to adopt their version, do it the voluntary way and lets see what the market does.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2016, 12:37:45 PM

You do realize that the people that signed that 'agreement' only represent themselves and nothing more?
Yes
Good, because I've seen a lot of people mistakenly think that they represented Core as a group.

That is why we need to mitigate this risk by taking the action only when Classic looks almost totally defeated, with a 12 month grace period, a 95% activation threshold, in two steps (softfork flagging the hardfork, then the hardfork itself) and only to 2MB or smaller.  There is another risk, which is that we avoid doing a hardfork only to avoid the perception that these aggressive inappropriate attack tactics work.
I still don't follow your reasoning behind a 2 MB hard fork and I disagree with it.

The level of stupidity in /r/btc is so severe that I even suspect some small blockist agent provocateurs may be contributing to it.
Good, you're part of those that realize how bad that place is.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 01:35:59 PM

If they want to prove that their version is good, create an altcoin, and if the market finds it suitable, bitcoiners will shift their money in it. They can even peg the price to 1:1 to bitcoin so that the late joiners would not suffer from late joining.

Why do they want to force us to adopt their version, do it the voluntary way and lets see what the market does.

Heh, nobody is forcing anyone. I was merely referring to jonny1000's obstinacy regarding a Core 2MB HF despite Classic's very same proposal being #R3kt.

Hardfork has to happen not according to me nor sane people around, but apparently to reassure the delusional cashburning corps that engulfed VC money without a proper assessment of the network's limits and a viable business plan.

In any case, I'm just enjoying the show. Grin

pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 02:28:33 PM

They want the hardfork to happen and they don't want to take the altcoin route for a very simple reason... if they took the altcoin route, offering exactly what their hardfork proposal offers in the form of an altcoin, nobody would give a flying fuck. They know that their only selling point is doing it under the Bitcoin brand, because they are unable to provide anything of actual value, unlike Core devs which are always making actual solid progress and delivering good new stuff like segwit and so on.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 02:55:26 PM

what do you get when you put 10 blockstream lovers into a forum topic.
.. 92 pages of circle jerking each other pretending they are convincing the world that blockstream is the only bitcoin religion people should believe in..

one day they will realise they are preaching only to each other and just uselessly circle jerking inside their small little cult, which doesnt affect the rest of the world.

one day they will realise cult blockstream has the same negative aspects as cult classic and they wake up and see they have all been following the same corporate company that they are trying to insult.

it makes me laugh that they want to defend blockstream. knowing that its backed by banks. yet every single argument against anything not blockstream, also applies to blockstream.

but i expect this message to get deleted because cult leaders don't want their sheep to wake up.

so enjoy your dreams

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 03:16:22 PM

If no-one important cares about this thread Franky, why do you care about it so much? Shouldn't an irrelevant thread be so irrelevant that there's no need to post? And yet you were happy trying to make this thread your own in the past, until you had your ass handed to you on several occasions, of course

(general note: Franky is a known shill for the kill-Bitcoin-with-giant-blocks bullshitter position, and tries far too hard both in this role and desperately convincing people he's just some regular guy, lol)

Try harder maybe, Franky? Grin

Vires in numeris
btcusury

Activity: 433
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 04:53:27 PM

Tl;dr: I'm glad that the Classic chapter is over and that we can focus on more important matters and prepare for the next controversial HF (maybe Bitcoin Reloaded?).
My bet would be Bitcoin Retried.

But seriously, what i`m saying is not because there is some secret conspiracy that has alien or very advanced technology. I just simply stated that technology has a limit, and humans are not omnipotent and never will be. Too much holywood movies make people's imaginations take over their rational brain, and think that humanity is capable of everything if it puts it's mind to. This is false, humans are very limited, stupid creatures, with irrational beliefs, even the high IQ people.
Those are some interesting disempowering belief systems you have chosen to buy into... but they are just that, belief systems you choose to impose upon yourself to experience yourself as a limited being. Cheesy

There isn't and never will be free energy. The entropy of the universe is growing as it is expanding, it is very unlikely that these concepts are physically possible.
Mark my words: we will have free energy by 2050. Probably earlier. Many humans already figured out ways to do it, but it's been ruthlessly suppressed.

.. 92 pages of circle jerking each other pretending they are convincing the world that blockstream is the only bitcoin religion people should believe in..

one day they will realise they are preaching only to each other and just uselessly circle jerking inside their small little cult, which doesnt affect the rest of the world.

one day they will realise cult blockstream has the same negative aspects as cult classic and they wake up and see they have all been following the same corporate company that they are trying to insult.

it makes me laugh that they want to defend blockstream. knowing that its backed by banks. yet every single argument against anything not blockstream, also applies to blockstream.

but i expect this message to get deleted because cult leaders don't want their sheep to wake up.

so enjoy your dreams
Just change "blockstream" to "XT/Classic" and you will begin to approach a semblance of accuracy.  (BTW, did you know that sentences are begun with capital letters?)

FACT: There were hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths by December 2020 due to the censorship of all effective treatments (most notably ivermectin) in order to obtain EUA for experimental GT spike protein injections despite spike bioweaponization patents going back about a decade, and the manufacturers have 100% legal immunity despite long criminal histories.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10397

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 05:11:54 PM

They want the hardfork to happen and they don't want to take the altcoin route for a very simple reason... if they took the altcoin route, offering exactly what their hardfork proposal offers in the form of an altcoin, nobody would give a flying fuck. They know that their only selling point is doing it under the Bitcoin brand, because they are unable to provide anything of actual value, unlike Core devs which are always making actual solid progress and delivering good new stuff like segwit and so on.

Hahahahahaha...

Almost like a vulture capitalist attempting to take over something that is very valuable and then playing it for a while during their process of sucking out it's value....

Good thing that various core and other bitcoin activists in the bitcoin community were sufficiently able to see through this ploy...

I will admit that sometime in late 2015, I was giving quite a bit of benefit of the doubt to some of the claims of XT and subsequently classic because marketing wise, they were spending some time on the reasonable and persuasive aspects of their arguments to increase the blocksize limit little by little over time and a seemingly reasonable plan for the future, blah blah blah.. Those kinds of talking points sounded all fine and dandy, until many of us ultimately came to realize that they weren't really attempting to fix any actual bitcoin problem, but instead attempting to cause additional problems through governance and to attempt to make bitcoin more moldable, which many of us also came to realize that difficulties of moldability in bitcoin is actually a beneficial feature and not a bug.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 05:15:05 PM

so enjoy your dreams

Who said anything in this thread about Blockstream, you ninkumpoop?    The concept of the thread regarding Classic getting #r3kt has more to do with its own failures to persuade the bitcoin community concerning any kind of necessity for such changes that it was proposing, rather than your proposal that seems to get mixed up about whatever the fuck Blocksteam is going to attempt to incorporate into bitcoin or on top of bitcoin, which appears to be a somewhat separate issue.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 08:49:12 PM

where's segwit? where's dev?

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 09:00:20 PM

If no-one important cares about this thread Franky, why do you care about it so much? Shouldn't an irrelevant thread be so irrelevant that there's no need to post? And yet you were happy trying to make this thread your own in the past, until you had your ass handed to you on several occasions, of course

(general note: Franky is a known shill for the kill-Bitcoin-with-giant-blocks bullshitter position, and tries far too hard both in this role and desperately convincing people he's just some regular guy, lol)

Try harder maybe, Franky? Grin

the funny thing about your comments carlton. is that its blockstreamers that actually want to push over 5mb of data per block in the next couple of years.
try reading code once in a while learn how much bloat confidential payment codes is going to add per transaction. do some maths.
just because blockstream doesnt want the blocksize limit to be more then 1mb right now(soon to be a useless variable) dosnt mean they dont want big ass bloated blocks of data being transmitted, all filled with crappy data that reduces the transaction per kb ratio.

but im going to presume you wont reply with statistics and just keep with the insults of how your blockstream love is better then anyone else love for something better then blockstreams roadmap.

maybe its time you sell your body to medical science. because there is big business in figuring out the cause of why some people go blind

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 09:03:00 PM

Who said anything in this thread about Blockstream, you ninkumpoop?    The concept of the thread regarding Classic getting #r3kt has more to do with its own failures to persuade the bitcoin community concerning any kind of necessity for such changes that it was proposing, rather than your proposal that seems to get mixed up about whatever the fuck Blocksteam is going to attempt to incorporate into bitcoin or on top of bitcoin, which appears to be a somewhat separate issue.

its the same issue.. ever heard the term bait and switch.

scare people with one cult just to shelter them in another cult, who have the same financial backers as the first cult in the background

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2016, 09:05:21 PM

where's segwit?
Here is Segwit.

where's dev?
Here's the developer.

I'm not sure why you're asking this in a Classic thread.

Nothing surprising there.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 09:57:55 PM

Well, "there are certainly some items left to do". Clock is ticking. Let's hope it doesn't turn into vaporware.

Great! A comedian. Just what we need.

balance?

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 10:17:22 PM

scare people with one cult just to shelter them in another cult, who have the same financial backers as the first cult in the background

Yeah right.  You are engaged in an attempt to convolute and make-up issues where there are none. 

Sure, nothing wrong with a bit of speculation, yet your connections are truly fantastical in their level of assumptions.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 10:20:31 PM

Well, "there are certainly some items left to do". Clock is ticking. Let's hope it doesn't turn into vaporware.

Great! A comedian. Just what we need.

balance?

It's more like a childish inability to control butt hurt emotions when you had bet on the wrong horse, but at the same time, you still want to stick with your illogical and ill-conceived guns.

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 10:55:00 PM

Yeah right.  You are engaged in an attempt to convolute and make-up issues where there are none.  

Sure, nothing wrong with a bit of speculation, yet your connections are truly fantastical in their level of assumptions.

look into price-waterhouse-cooper... oh wait you wont because you will blindly follow blockstream..

goodluck with that.

and if you think that the $55million that PwC gave to blockstream was not from banks.. and the intention for the funds will have nothing to do with bitcoin developers. or if you think that only adam back gets to use the funds all to himself completely separate from bitcoin... then you really have been drinking the blockstream coolaid.

goodluck trying to meander your faith around PwC.. trying to pretend they are a meaningless shadow..

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 11:06:29 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2016, 12:40:27 AM by Carlton Banks

Quote from: Franky1

Replying to irrelevant people on an irrelevant forum again Franky? Grin Can you explain why talking to people you consider unimportant is so important to you?

Vires in numeris
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 »
  Print  

Jump to: