Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:08:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy Hacker identity incoming - pending bounty  (Read 7995 times)
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 09:12:02 AM

Anyone found "Big Vern" yet?  He's supposedly in China.
China is massive with billion of people there, it's gonna be a one tough challenge to find him there
Maybe we can conduct a search team to search the whole China, at least Big Vern won't be able to move from one place to another place easily that way Tongue

Though, we need to have crowdfunding to pay the search team

If we can get crowdfunding to pay for a search team, maybe we should just use the crowdfunding to pay for our losses instead.  Because even if we find him, we probably can't get the money back.
So, instead of searching and arrest him we should just forget and forgive him ?
The point of Searching him was to bring justice as we don't want a guy like that being waddling around and spending "His Money" Sad
Find him, arrest him, prosecute him
Smiley
Maybe the Chinesse local boards can help us to search for him
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 11:21:43 AM

Anyone found "Big Vern" yet?  He's supposedly in China.
China is massive with billion of people there, it's gonna be a one tough challenge to find him there
Maybe we can conduct a search team to search the whole China, at least Big Vern won't be able to move from one place to another place easily that way Tongue

If we can get crowdfunding to pay for a search team, maybe we should just use the crowdfunding to pay for our losses instead.  Because even if we find him, we probably can't get the money back.
The point of Searching him was to bring justice as we don't want a guy like that being waddling around and spending "His Money" Sad
Smiley

Big vern will be very silent and hard to find. Don't expect him to go online with his real name. He should be i think some money lost maybe 1000's of bitcoins.
And they want their money back, one way or another.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 11:43:12 AM

If we can get crowdfunding to pay for a search team, maybe we should just use the crowdfunding to pay for our losses instead.  Because even if we find him, we probably can't get the money back.
Smiley

I agree that someone needs to find him.  I just don't think we (customers) can afford to go over there or pay someone to go over there to get him.  I lost some money and at this point, I don't expect to get my money back and I don't expect him to get caught.  Unfortunately that's just the way it is.  The best we can hope for is the Chinese authorities looking for him.  I would assume that he had customers in China that want him found too.
teddy5145

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 11:50:34 AM

Smiley

Big vern will be very silent and hard to find. Don't expect him to go online with his real name. He should be i think some money lost maybe 1000's of bitcoins.
He has a wife doesn't he ?
Maybe we can ask her about her Husband, she might know a thing or two about him
And maybe we can get a clue on where to go next Smiley
Him against thousands of craptsy users, we can get him if we try Smiley
fricircled

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 02:47:07 PM

His wife is suing him for property. BigVern fled to China with his girl friend. So his wife does not know his situation.
teddy5145

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 04:48:42 PM

His wife is suing him for property. BigVern fled to China with his girl friend. So his wife does not know his situation.
BigVern is sure a douchebag   Undecided
Maybe we can dig in more info from his wife ?
Maybe his Contacts, phone number, even families that can lead us to him
Really want to see his face behind the bars Grin
aardvark15

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 05:52:42 PM

Smiley

I think his wife wants to find Big Vern as much as we do.  He apparently ran off with the money to China with his new girlfriend.  I think the best we can hope for is that the Chinese authorities catch him there.  I think it's possible but unlikely.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 11:37:52 PM

Don't worry, the Bitcoin Police are on the case.

I hear they're working in shifts!   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 01:36:33 AM

Smiley

You probably should just forget, but that's not what he's saying.

If people are going to give you a bunch of money, you are probably better off keeping it for yourselves instead of spending on something that has a tiny (if not zero) chance of getting you any money back.
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 04:08:28 PM

Hello I have offered to give big Vern the identity of the person that committed the theft against cryptsy and help them be put to justice but he is not responding to me. I offered my services and to divulge this information for a bounty of %30 of the stolen funds I also said I am willing to negotiate a bit to make things easier.

Here is my twitter were I have tweeted at Big Vern multiple times https://twitter.com/cryptcracker1/with_replies

I am asking for a contract to ensure I am paid the bounty, if anyone is able to reach Big Vern please tell him to get in contact with me asap.

Please contact us via the ticket system.  
Put "Cryptsy Hacker identity incoming - pending bounty" as subject and choose "Information about missing BTC" from ticket type pull down.

Or

Send an email to "reward@cryptsy.com"

Im pretty sure we have already responded to you and will not be paying anything until coins are returned.

We have no problem drawing up a contract for you in the case that your information leads to the return of the coins.

We will also not be responding to this thread any further.

Is that because you will all be too busy out spending the "hacked" funds?
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 06:43:35 PM

Hello I have offered to give big Vern the identity of the person that committed the theft against cryptsy and help them be put to justice but he is not responding to me. I offered my services and to divulge this information for a bounty of %30 of the stolen funds I also said I am willing to negotiate a bit to make things easier.

Here is my twitter were I have tweeted at Big Vern multiple times https://twitter.com/cryptcracker1/with_replies

I am asking for a contract to ensure I am paid the bounty, if anyone is able to reach Big Vern please tell him to get in contact with me asap.

Put "Cryptsy Hacker identity incoming - pending bounty" as subject and choose "Information about missing BTC" from ticket type pull down.

Or

Im pretty sure we have already responded to you and will not be paying anything until coins are returned.

We have no problem drawing up a contract for you in the case that your information leads to the return of the coins.

That you can respond here is 1, but then just plain out say you won't be responding is just lunatic.
Why not keep things transparent? Was there really a hacker or did you just made that up?
aardvark15

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 07:32:44 PM

Or

That you can respond here is 1, but then just plain out say you won't be responding is just lunatic.
Why not keep things transparent? Was there really a hacker or did you just made that up?

Yeah you would think that anyone working for or connected to cryptsy would want to give us as much information as possible if they were really hacked. Then again, they waited a year and a half to tell us there was a hack to begin with.
fricircled

Activity: 201

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 09:25:45 AM

Yeah you would think that anyone working for or connected to cryptsy would want to give us as much information as possible if they were really hacked. Then again, they waited a year and a half to tell us there was a hack to begin with.

I think unless BigVern is trialled in a court of justice, we will never know the truth. He could be involved in the theft.
aardvark15

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 11:45:16 AM

I think unless BigVern is trialled in a court of justice, we will never know the truth. He could be involved in the theft.

That's what a lot of people are saying.  Even if he wasn't involved with the theft, he knew about it for a year and a half and didn't tell the customers.  So customers kept depositing money which Vernon used to pay off withdrawal requests until the money ran out.  Either way, he cheated us.
Gallagan

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 12:55:37 AM

That's what a lot of people are saying.  Even if he wasn't involved with the theft, he knew about it for a year and a half and didn't tell the customers.  So customers kept depositing money which Vernon used to pay off withdrawal requests until the money ran out.  Either way, he cheated us.
I think we will never know???

I think we all know. But some if us are living in denial. That guy went away rich with our coin. it was just too inviting.
Cryptcracker (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 11:20:15 PM

Update: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1396267.new#new
outatime1

Activity: 364
Merit: 254

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 05:26:19 AM

So is it true that the money from cryptsy is being recovered?  I hope so and I hope everyone gets their money back.  I had a little bit on cryptsy.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Pollak

Activity: 182

Pollak

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 02:08:58 PM

Well if this is true it would be very good. It's good to see some justice happening here.
Let's face it. Cryptsy was wrong, but the investors/ users of cryptsy were not. They were right to expect a party like cryptsy had some proper
security features built in their ecxhange.

aardvark15

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 06:45:19 PM

Let's don't get out hopes up on this.  According to the discussions in Scam Accusations, an agreement was supposedly made last night between Paul Vernon and a person that is able to get the stolen coins.  The agreement was posted on Cryptsy.  However, as of right now, no coins have been recovered.  This is probably a scam by Cryptcraker and either Vernon is in on it, or he is getting trolled too.  If it's legit, I don't see what is taking so long for them to transfer coins.  I'm very skeptical.
fedmahnkassad

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Twitter: @FedKassad

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 09:03:00 AM

Very interesting how the whole thing suddenly changed and instead of "I have offered to give big Bern the identity of the person that committed the theft against cryptsy and help them be put to justice" it is now "Cryptcracker will recover for reward the stolen 13,000 Bitcoin".

Total BS.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: