Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:50:06 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will be at CES2013 (Official Thread)  (Read 36612 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 03:08:19 AM

That's why i put it in quotes so I could define anyway I wish. Like for example it is the opposite of what you took it to mean.
You don't change the definition of a word by quoting it. Way to be misunderstood... 2nd time I say it: you need to learn to communicate more clearly, if you want to be understood.

I can change the definition to mean what I want it to. Whether or not you GET IT does not matter to me. You have no control over what I choose to have a word mean or not. Nor do I care if you understand me or not in a clear manner. You actually think that I CARE IF PEOPLE UNDERSTAND ME.

You fail hard. So hard that you resort to betting and insisting that people put money on the line because of what I believe or not to be true.

You make tons of assumptions.

Keep failing hard.

AGAIN I ASK: HOW MUCH DO YOU HAVE IN BFL PREORDERS? OH RIGHT BECAUSE YOU ARE EMBARRASSED TO SHARE THAT INFO LOL!!!

Grin Grin Grin

Smoothie, perhaps no one has ever told you this nicely, so let me try.

Your posts are rude, non-sensical (redefining english words by quoting them), childish (improper sentence construction, and too many lols and smileys) and incoherent (as I have pointed out). Whereas mine are polite, but stern. This is why many readers ignore you: the forum software shows your "ignore" link in a dark shade of orange.

Tell me, you write on bitcointalk to share your ideas, right? So you should put 2 and 2 together and realize it is in your best interest to improve the quality of your posts, in order to be less often ignored and be able to share your ideas with a larger readership. So please do improve your writings and communication skills.

As to my BFL pre-orders, I am not answering because: (1) it would be impolite to boast about them, (2) this is none of your business, (3) no one cares anyway, and (4) nobody understands the point you are trying to make! (I am happy to demonstrate my belief in BFL through a bet, therefore I would be happy, not embarrassed, to do the same through my pre-orders. "lol" indeed)

Not every post of mine is a "money-making" ploy like yours are.

Did I ever tell you that I could care less what you think of me?

Nor do I care how many people hit the pussy button to the left <---------

Try harder to detract from BFL's failures.
Grin Grin Grin

Quote from RED: "I am better than you because I am polite and stern and a BFL fanboy."

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 03:12:19 AM

Hmmm... was looking for CES updates, but I'll I see is 10 pages of BS about Butterfly Labs.  I am disappoint.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2013, 03:15:40 AM

Hmmm... was looking for CES updates, but I'll I see is 10 pages of BS about Butterfly Labs.  I am disappoint.

You should know better, I mean, isn't it obvious that this was going to happen?
notme
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 03:27:29 AM

Hmmm... was looking for CES updates, but I'll I see is 10 pages of BS about Butterfly Labs.  I am disappoint.

It wasn't obvious until Micon showed up.  Don't get me wrong, nobody will be getting preorder money for ASICs from me, and I'm just as skeptical of BFL.  However, Micon just stirs up too much shit.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2013, 03:28:49 AM

It wasn't obvious until Micon showed up.

Hmm, I grant you that.  

What I mean is that nerves are so blank that it could have been any other catalyst too. Embarrassed
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 03:36:52 AM

and for a different kind of post.

micon, your bitcoin address please, i'll send you some btc for a job well done.

Grin

notme
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 03:39:39 AM

and for a different kind of post.

micon, your bitcoin address please, i'll send you some btc for a job well done.

Grin

Please don't feed the trolls.

the_thing

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 03:40:07 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2013, 03:48:24 AM by John (johnthedong)

And the worst thing is people like Mincon and the other trolls procreate.

FUCK YOU!

No thanks. But I am sure Josh from BFL will accommodate your intimate request.  Cheesy

If you quote, quote it right.

So Josh from BFL will accommodate my wish to erase 90% of humanity from this planet?

FUCK YOU!

Roll Eyes
Josh, stop it. I don't mind swear words, but typing them in 88pt font is just too much.

(mod note: Yes, 55 and 88px is too much.)

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP"   
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"     
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
lucif

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 04:33:52 AM

They fear rumors, as regular ponzi.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128233.0
lucif

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 04:38:53 AM

owowo: niger? drug addicted? or both?
MooC Tals

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 04:39:55 AM

I would like to thank the bitcoin community for this exciting drama surrounding ASICS I truely believe someone should make a book about this.

Oh maybe it might end up on 'Investigative Reports' with Bill Kurtis.

and now a word from our sponsors
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2013, 05:05:08 AM

And the worst thing is people like Mincon and the other trolls procreate.

FUCK YOU!

No thanks. But I am sure Josh from BFL will accommodate your intimate request.  Cheesy

If you quote, quote it right.

So Josh from BFL will accommodate my wish to erase 90% of humanity from this planet?

FUCK YOU!

Roll Eyes
Josh, stop it. I don't mind swear words, but typing them in 88pt font is just too much.

(mod note: Yes, 55 and 88px is too much.)

What?  What the hell are you talking about?  I rarely use swear words and I definitely do not use font size changes.  I can count the number of times I have used font sized changes (at least to make things larger) on one finger.  Using large fonts just screams "Hi, I'm in Junior High School" ... much like owning a Mustang screams "Hi, I'm in High School."  Same principle.  Anyway, I have no idea what you're talking about, so I can't stop what I'm not doing... or I've always been stopped and I have honored your request before you even made it, take your pick.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
arruah
Legendary

Activity: 1357
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2013, 05:48:36 AM

Simple question. When Asic will be released?

BCH
colindean

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 06:25:01 AM

I stopped by the booth Wednesday afternoon and took some pictures after speaking with the Bitpay guys and Josh from BFL. Josh and I talked briefly about the technology behind the ASIC mining units and showed them to me. While I like many would have liked to see a working unit, I was impressed with the brushed aluminum case and impressive heatsink. It's regular to see non-working prototypes or samples on the floor. Josh stressed the importance of getting it right and delivering a product that meets the much discussed expectations. The Android mining application is pretty cool - I can definitely see its usefulness in conjunction with a repurposed older phone or tablet in a dock. 60 GH/s on your bookshelf is convenient and perhaps even a talking point for visitors, haha.

Here are some pictures I took. I had a video crew with me, but this wasn't really relevant to our site's market so we didn't film here.

http://imgur.com/a/h8gOb

I would have liked to spend more time there talking with the Bitpay guys and other folks, but my time was unfortunately limited! It's good to see Bitcoin represented.

Edit: I should also note that I came to Vegas with several hundred USD in BTC and sold out twice over via LocalBitcoins. AFAICT, all of the transactions were to new(er) buyers.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2013, 06:52:52 AM

I'll tell you what, Bitcoin should be the star of CES2013. If not, then CES2014 for sure, with no less than a half dozen booths on display, sans any vapor-weights by some Asian benefactors.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2013, 07:10:04 AM

I would like to thank the bitcoin community for this exciting drama surrounding ASICS I truely believe someone should make a book about this.

Shit was getting boring but the 2013 season of All My Bitcoins is dropping massive, fresh drama.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2013, 07:17:57 AM

I'll tell you what, Bitcoin should be the star of CES2013. If not, then CES2014 for sure, with no less than a half dozen booths on display, sans any vapor-weights by some Asian benefactors.

In addition to the rocks, every other booth was practically E-cigarettes or Wireless Speakers.  Seriously... how many of these things does the planet need?  If CES is any judge, the only people without these two necessities of life will be the dead (although I suspect there is a movement to include wireless speakers in coffins with an iPod dock on the headstone so can rock out with your dearly departed) and those born without mouths. 

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078

BCJ

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 07:30:47 AM

I stopped by the booth Wednesday afternoon and took some pictures after speaking with the Bitpay guys and Josh from BFL. Josh and I talked briefly about the technology behind the ASIC mining units and showed them to me. While I like many would have liked to see a working unit, I was impressed with the brushed aluminum case and impressive heatsink. It's regular to see non-working prototypes or samples on the floor. Josh stressed the importance of getting it right and delivering a product that meets the much discussed expectations. The Android mining application is pretty cool - I can definitely see its usefulness in conjunction with a repurposed older phone or tablet in a dock. 60 GH/s on your bookshelf is convenient and perhaps even a talking point for visitors, haha.

Here are some pictures I took. I had a video crew with me, but this wasn't really relevant to our site's market so we didn't film here.

http://imgur.com/a/h8gOb

I would have liked to spend more time there talking with the Bitpay guys and other folks, but my time was unfortunately limited! It's good to see Bitcoin represented.

Edit: I should also note that I came to Vegas with several hundred USD in BTC and sold out twice over via LocalBitcoins. AFAICT, all of the transactions were to new(er) buyers.

Thx for the measured post.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 07:40:11 AM

In addition to the rocks, every other booth was practically E-cigarettes or Wireless Speakers.  Seriously... how many of these things does the planet need?  If CES is any judge, the only people without these two necessities of life will be the dead (although I suspect there is a movement to include wireless speakers in coffins with an iPod dock on the headstone so can rock out with your dearly departed) and those born without mouths. 
Don't forget the lawn-mounted pv panel for powering it 24/7!
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2013, 07:42:03 AM

1)  The general hubris you display both IRL and on these forums will be your downfall.

This coming from a failed poker player with a broken "system" who can't even manage to bathe himself properly means very little to anyone.

2)  You claim a few time I was "Stomping around" and "cussing" at the Bitpay booth.  Here is a cued video of you cussing at me:  http://youtu.be/UlWrmIqGs3Y?t=2m40s  if you would like more context, rewind a bit:  http://youtu.be/UlWrmIqGs3Y?t=2m19s  

3) I saw Dave recording me while I was recording you.  You say many times I was the one stomping around and cussing go ahead and post your unedited video as I have.  Let's take a look and see who is lying.

As I stated many times already, you did this the day prior and I did not want a repeat performance.  We were not expecting a troll to show your face in real life.  Thanks for trying though, but you should probably work on your reading comprehension.

4)  My galaxy Note 2 is > than both your $100 Androids that you brought to CES.  Making fun of the device, arguable the hottest Android phone out there, makes you look even more foolish than when you handed me a quarter at CES.

Yes, tell me again how awesome your Galaxy Note 2 is.  I'm sure you're very proud of the fact that you could buy a phone.

5)  The cold, hard truth stares you in the face, and you will never reply publicly to the fact-based account of the equipment you brought to CES:

3x plastic cases
1 Box of fans
1 FPGA miner, working condition unknown
2x ~$100 Androids

obviously you wont' be responding to #5.

In order:

False (We had/have no plastic cases. I honestly don't even know what the hell you're babbling about with regards to this.)
False (There's more in the "box of fans" than just fans, obviously.  Nor have we ever tried to deny the fact that we don't have our chips available for public consumption yet.  I don't know if this is a news flash for you or not, but pretty much everyone knows we are waiting on our chips.  It's not a secret.)
False (Just because it's unknown to you doesn't make it unknown, it just makes you ignorant. If you could have remained civil, you could have poked and prodded it at like a few hundred other individuals did this week.)
False (Please look up the price on the N7.)
and
False (The fact that you're reading this is evidence.)

So out of your five claims, every single one is provably false. I hope you can bring something else to the table.  Please, for the love of god, let it be a shower.

1)  Aren't you supposed to at least pretend to be a principal of a legitimate company?  How could anyone have faith in such an arrogant company director that resorts to personal insults almost every post?

2)  You resort to personal attacks like it's your job, because clearly producing working ASIC chips isn't.  (Or even spending time on the task.  Who is working on that ATM?  nothing better to do than fight with a "troll" ?)

3)  your 5-point false-ing, to anyone reading these boards with any intelligence, sounds like the rest of your posts (and IRL confrontations) - childish and transparent.  Deflect much?  Price of your android being $259 @ Amazon (yup, u made me google it!) instead of $100 still deflects from the main points of:

3a)  every search I do for bitcoin comes up with a BFL pre-order ad.   BFL has taken in over $25M by my estimations. (I would love to hear other estimations of total pre-order monies shipped to BFL)  You have shipped nothing.  You started promising shipments in September 2012. 

3b)  Your company did not bring anything worthwhile to show at CES.

3b)  here is an updated drawing if what BFL brought to CES using my Samsung Galaxy Note II [rated super high on CNET:  http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/samsung-galaxy-note-2/4852-6452_7-35426722.html ]

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: