May 05, 2024, 08:18:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is Ethereum a bubble?
Yes - 189 (39.3%)
No - 292 (60.7%)
Total Voters: 481

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Ethereum a bubble?  (Read 27471 times)
Robertqueen2

Activity: 826
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:16:54 PM

I dont think that Ethereum is a bubble! They performed very nice in the last years and showed their skills.
I just bought my Ethereum bag early enough, so I dont need to care about some price movents at the top.
They will see n nice rally in the future, they have new partnerships every few weeks. Its a good sign for me!
This guy must be trying to crack a joke. ETH, a bubble??? You are indeed correct. It is only bitcoins that can be given this title but any candidate from altcoin is not worthy of it. But I won't deny one fact that ETH is better than all other altcoins.

Ethereum is not a bubble, it's a real development progress and Koreans buy it like crazy. This is also showing it's a trusted crypto currency existed so far.

I agree. The ETH has very good development team and it also has good community support.
Honestly, I don't see any the benefit of Bitcoin for our business, but Ethereum can supply us a great tool for make deal without any risk is smart contract.
We don't need to have third people (escrow) for our deal and replace it by smart contract.
It's useful and easilier than using escrow very much.
Bitcoin and ethereum are completely different crypto currencies, and I don't like the comparision between them, because we need bitcoin for storing value as we need ethereum for smart contracts implementation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be_Happy

Activity: 518
Merit: 283

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:12:59 PM

I believe that any currency is a bubble and can burst someday. You just need not put all the funds in one cell.

deztroyr1

Activity: 284
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:31:15 PM

I believe that any currency is a bubble and can burst someday. You just need not put all the funds in one cell.

exactly what i'm thinking. ethereum and bitcoin are both serving their own puprose. i don't think one is more of a bubble than the other.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
blacktux88

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 09:24:20 PM

cant imagine that crypto is an bubble
i does not found the word at time but it could be a great one

SenSeiSoKo

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:16:46 PM

The biggest problems are ICOs at the moment no one knows where ETH will go so good night ? LOL
witch

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:19:55 PM

I don't think it's a bubble, because there is real value.

But: I see Ethereum as the "procotol" or as the engine for decentralised app development. What could be the problem with the extremely rise of the price is that there is so much pressure now for ETH. Because they have to succeed. Otherwise all ETH tokens will fall with them.
sepan

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:42:24 AM

ETH will bubble in updates.
keziakusayang

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:17:25 AM

All crypto currencies is in bubble now not only ethereum. But i think it is still positive bubble or i will say that the bubble is still way too far from pops..remember, blockchain is new technology and people will use it in the futures. And it is really good to have a bubble. Just dont invest to scam coin...in the long run all legit coin will be up..
OracionSeis

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:43:04 AM

I dont think that Ethereum is a bubble! They performed very nice in the last years and showed their skills.
I just bought my Ethereum bag early enough, so I dont need to care about some price movents at the top.
They will see n nice rally in the future, they have new partnerships every few weeks. Its a good sign for me!
This guy must be trying to crack a joke. ETH, a bubble??? You are indeed correct. It is only bitcoins that can be given this title but any candidate from altcoin is not worthy of it. But I won't deny one fact that ETH is better than all other altcoins.

Ethereum is not a bubble, it's a real development progress and Koreans buy it like crazy. This is also showing it's a trusted crypto currency existed so far.

I agree. The ETH has very good development team and it also has good community support.
Honestly, I don't see any the benefit of Bitcoin for our business, but Ethereum can supply us a great tool for make deal without any risk is smart contract.
We don't need to have third people (escrow) for our deal and replace it by smart contract.
It's useful and easilier than using escrow very much.
Bitcoin and ethereum are completely different crypto currencies, and I don't like the comparision between them, because we need bitcoin for storing value as we need ethereum for smart contracts implementation.
Why not? You can make a value comparison between Bitcoin and Ethereum or a comparision of the growth beween them. Both are good, but honestly, I like to investing Ethereum than Bitcoin. Although the value of Bitcoin is higher than Ethereum, but if you compare the Ethereum community to Bitcoin, it isn't less than Bitcoin.

Time off to sleep ... ( ̄︶ ̄)~
Orsenise

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:38:36 AM

I don't see why Ethereum would be a bubble, if the question would be about BTC, then my answer could be more likely Yes than No. The thing about ethereum is that it is building various "sideline" projects on top of it. There are many solutions that are being resolved via the blockchain, which can only be achived by implementing Ethereum, and that is unfortunately not possible with BTC. What is important in that regard, is that user or consumer adoption, will depend on what solutions are offered to them and whether they are attractive enough to get on board with it. By having an entire community building all these various projects and applications, Ethereum is greatly diversifying the risk of being neglected one day, as they have developed their own programming language (Solidity, which most developers are already familiar with and feel comfortable using it) and Ethereum is implementing as well fantastic privacy oriented updates and soon the PoS update which will even be environmental friendly. There are so many unique features that distinguish it from the competition than it's far less likely to go down that e.g. BTC - which has only one function: the transfer of value.
longminh123

Activity: 432

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:50:55 AM

Ethereum is not a bubble and this altcoin is having very low prices and this is the most worthwhile altcoin to invest this year because in 2018 we will see the development of Enthereum and the price of Enthereum will definitely be reached $ 2000
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:55:46 AM

bitcoin and ethereum are of different path, bitcoin as a store of value and an asset but not a real cryptocurrency but it is the king of blockchain technolgy, ethereum was not also a cryptocurrency but a mother of all tokens and smart contracts. ethereum can't be a bubble since they are more dynamic in terms of development but the ERC20 is what makes a bubble because major ICOs and token are made out of ERC20 protocol, and it is now very congested.
sappel99

Activity: 52

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:09:59 AM

Can't be, that it is in a bubble. Ups and downs to strong
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:55:25 AM

Etherium is not a bubble, it has plenty of altcoins that are based on etherium and it really has value. If u want to invest in ICO u usualy need eth. so it alwlays has buyers
Ethereum is the best altcoin and one of the best crypto currency as well. It has been trusted most by people after bitcoin. There have been many haters or economists who are of the view that bitcoin is a bubble and similarly they spread such rumors. I am not talking about OP.

He must have asked this question because someone would have poisoned his mind this way. Digital currencies are the future and eth is a very good altcoin.
scorpionso

Activity: 89

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:01:55 AM

I have same doubts on waves. For a three months it has been contiunesly getting download. Waiting with patiently
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:48:59 AM

so are you saying that dollar is also a bubble and will burst someday? you know not any currency is a bubble although  there are still some tokens/coins that is built by this way and its only for a pump/dump scheme and will result in a bubble soon and pop . but this wont happen on bitcoins and some legit currencies because its always happening that thier value will decrease and sometimes increase ( vice versa) but they can always recover and maintain thier value and start an all time high again.
Isuza

Activity: 224
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:14:14 AM

so are you saying that dollar is also a bubble and will burst someday? you know not any currency is a bubble although  there are still some tokens/coins that is built by this way and its only for a pump/dump scheme and will result in a bubble soon and pop . but this wont happen on bitcoins and some legit currencies because its always happening that thier value will decrease and sometimes increase ( vice versa) but they can always recover and maintain thier value and start an all time high again.

The dollar is a bubble if you think the US cannot repay its debt.

▐█▌
       █████
      ███████
     ████████▀
    ████████  █
   ████████ ▐███▌
  ████████ ▐█████▌
 ████████
  ████████ ▐█████▌
   ████████ ▐███▌
    ████████  █
     ████████▄
      ███████
       █████
        ▐█▌
EXTOKE
 ------ FEE FREE TRADING! ------
▐█▌

▐█▌
  FEE FREE DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE!

▐█▌

▐█▌

▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██            ▄▄▄   ██▄
▄██   █▄       █████▄▀ ██▄
██    ███▄▄ ▄▄██████▀   ██
██     ██████████████   ██
██      █████████████   ██
██       ▀██████████    ██
▀██      ▄████████▀    ██▀
 ▀██ ▄▄████████▀▀     ██▀
  ▀██▄              ▄██▀
    ▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
       ▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
  ▄██▀       ▄▄▄▄   ▀██▄
 ▄██       ▄█████     ██▄
▄██        ███         ██▄
██       ▄▄███▄▄        ██
██       ███████        ██
██         ███          ██
██         ███          ██
▀██        ███         ██▀
 ▀██       ███        ██▀
  ▀██▄     ███      ▄██▀
    ▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
       ▀▀████████▀▀
maxll
Legendary

Activity: 1011
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:17:39 AM

We are still at WAY less than 1% of mankind adoption, so even if all this is a bubble, it has a LONG way to go before it bursts.
And yes... FIAT is the biggest bubble there is.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:33:45 AM

We are still at WAY less than 1% of mankind adoption, so even if all this is a bubble, it has a LONG way to go before it bursts.

you talk of adoption but why would anyone adopt "ethereum"? there is no usage for it apart from investing in its tokens and investors don't care about something centralized and buggy and highly volatile with no usage. in other words the "adoption" of this coin is mostly an illusion.

besides to see the bubble you only need to look at the price of it in long term. look at the  charts and you will see the bubble right there. when price went up too fast in a pump and you can even see the bubble run out of air as it is bursting slowly and ETH losing its value slowly but surely.

Buying the dip...
maxll
Legendary

Activity: 1011
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:09:16 PM

you talk of adoption but why would anyone adopt "ethereum"? there is no usage for it apart from investing in its tokens and investors don't care about something centralized and buggy and highly volatile with no usage. in other words the "adoption" of this coin is mostly an illusion.

besides to see the bubble you only need to look at the price of it in long term. look at the  charts and you will see the bubble right there. when price went up too fast in a pump and you can even see the bubble run out of air as it is bursting slowly and ETH losing its value slowly but surely.

I talk about general adoption. ETH is now used only for smart contracts afaik, that is like 1% of what it will be capable later on, at least in theory.
Then you can say BTC is a bubble as well, the biggest in human history, from just looking at its chart.

It is actually insane how much crypto grew with only so few people behind it.
I'm not sure will ETH rise in the long term, since there are now dozens of "smart contract" projects out there, and they're all competing with ETH.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: