Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:48:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 [667] 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073045 times)
Parano

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 05:09:21 PM

@LiskHQ

You say you fund the project from your own pocket.  Why would you do that when you got almost 8million at your (professional) disposal?  So you use (your mere) own funds in crucial times like this and don't use the (huge) ICO meant to serve this project?  Strange...  You always refer to the future (like any cointeam) as 'great times ahead', 'wait until you see whats coming' but then you fail big time by delaying this project without any open and transparent communication.  You started out just fine with a nice site, idea and marketing but now it's going downhill.  And it's not from a greedy or impatient perspective, its just not smart NOT to communicate VERY CLEARLY how you are going to spend these HUGE ICO-funds for this project.  

So please, pretty please with cherries on top:

HOW ARE YOU GOING TO SPEND THE ICO-FUNDS?

A business-plan with dates, goals, people, teams, without giving away all your special tech-innovation yet would be a smarter move than referring to the 20000$ you got from your own pocket when it comes to raising credibility.

Thanks.

They dont have access to the ICO funds yet.

Why not? so what is the point to invest if you can not use it?

souljah1h
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 05:13:22 PM

@LiskHQ

You say you fund the project from your own pocket.  Why would you do that when you got almost 8million at your (professional) disposal?  So you use (your mere) own funds in crucial times like this and don't use the (huge) ICO meant to serve this project?  Strange...  You always refer to the future (like any cointeam) as 'great times ahead', 'wait until you see whats coming' but then you fail big time by delaying this project without any open and transparent communication.  You started out just fine with a nice site, idea and marketing but now it's going downhill.  And it's not from a greedy or impatient perspective, its just not smart NOT to communicate VERY CLEARLY how you are going to spend these HUGE ICO-funds for this project.  

A business-plan with dates, goals, people, teams, without giving away all your special tech-innovation yet would be a smarter move than referring to the 20000$ you got from your own pocket when it comes to raising credibility.

Thanks.

They dont have access to the ICO funds yet.

Why not? so what is the point to invest if you can not use it?
Because they will recieve the funds after delivering Mainnet

_@/'
kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 05:21:58 PM

@LiskHQ

Thanks.

He is a college kid who works on this in between classes and frat parties. You expect way too much.

People starting to realize it's a scam. This time next month it'll get clearer.
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 05:31:39 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2016, 05:44:33 PM by rlh

He is a college kid who works on this in between classes and frat parties. You expect way too much.

I don't know these guy's ages but you do realize that some of the biggest companies in the world were built by under-grad students and dropouts (Microsoft, Apple, Google, Facebook, etc.)

Right?  Riiiiiiight?

I care less about someones age but more about their capability, motivation and drive.  Youth != success, but there is certainly a trend.  Younger, vibrant minds are much more often "dumb enough" to try something new and ridiculous and energetic enough to see through their goals to success or dismal failure.

Even many "failed" individuals learned to pick up and start over again, learning from their mistakes, (see the likes of Henry Ford, Walt Disney or Jack Ma) and eventually made massive successful enterprises.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 05:36:48 PM

There was some words about new bounties.What can we expect?
elitecstrike

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 05:42:00 PM

There was some words about new bounties.What can we expect?
I also liked the idea of NEW bounties. Max can you give us more information about it/.?
bandar

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 06:04:49 PM

That is complete BS as a business-strategy.  Let's say I'm building an electric car.  I'm looking for investors, I get millions of funds BUT I can use these millions once my car is ready for selling?  For what?  FURTHER development AFTER the release of my car?  And when I set a date, I have to postpone it and refer to the $20000 I invested in the car from my own pocket?

FOR REAL??

C'mon!

I still like this project and don't get me wrong: I would happily wait another 6 months KNOWING that the ICO-funds were well spend during this time.

So the question remains:

Give us details on how the ICO-funds will be spend.

techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 06:05:44 PM

Am i able to run active delegate on Raspeberry Pi 3 B?

This is possible. But we don't recommend it. The mainchain needs to be as secure as possible, i.e. fast VPS/server with DDoS protection. You can run one (or more) sidechains on your Raspi. Smiley

I was forging with the Rpi3 along with another delegate, Chey and both our nodes were missing a lot of blocks so we abandon it.  But running it on sidechain could be an option.

-tb-

p75formula

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 06:11:52 PM

That is complete BS as a business-strategy.  

No, what is BS is showing up and stomping feet when you clearly don't even know what's going on.
kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 06:14:12 PM

That is complete BS as a business-strategy.  Let's say I'm building an electric car.  I'm looking for investors, I get millions of funds BUT I can use these millions once my car is ready for selling?  For what?  FURTHER development AFTER the release of my car?  And when I set a date, I have to postpone it and refer to the $20000 I invested in the car from my own pocket?

FOR REAL??

C'mon!

I still like this project and don't get me wrong: I would happily wait another 6 months KNOWING that the ICO-funds were well spend during this time.

So the question remains:

Give us details on how the ICO-funds will be spend.

I agree it's a strange business model. Imagine having this project on Kickstarter. People invest, and the incentive is they get the product at a discounted price once it's ready. But the developers of the product use people's investment to finish the product. For the developers of Lisk to have no access to the ICO funds until Mainnet release makes no sense. It's a catch 22. You need the ICO funds to hire more developers to complete Mainnet launch, but you can't get ICO funds until Mainnet launches. Bizarre.
Vega

Activity: 739

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 06:23:31 PM

Seriously people? Basicly all ICOs had this policy in the last two years. Developers get funds after succesful launch of coin.
Why? Because othewise all people tend to do is scream scam, so it doesn't work any other way.
Welcome to crypto.
freemind1
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 06:29:50 PM

Be careful with some users (scammers) impersonating identities.
Nefritox

Activity: 358

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 06:36:06 PM

This is possible. But we don't recommend it. The mainchain needs to be as secure as possible, i.e. fast VPS/server with DDoS protection. You can run one (or more) sidechains on your Raspi. Smiley

I was forging with the Rpi3 along with another delegate, Chey and both our nodes were missing a lot of blocks so we abandon it.  But running it on sidechain could be an option.

-tb-

Thank you, so how powerfull CPU i need ? Smiley

Will be old but awesome i5 750 overclocked to 4 GHz enough ? with a decent 8-16 RAM? Also what is recomended speed of internet connection ? Will be 100 Mb/s enough?, connection speed is not a problem but my router can sadly handle only this. Or is this a little bit overkill ?
Thank you for your opinions Wink

▀ ▀ ▀▀▀
                 ▄█▄
         ▄▄      ███
         ▀██▄    ███
      ▄▄▄▄▄███▄  ███
   ▄███████████▀ ███
 ▄███▀    ▄██▀   ███
▄███     ██▀     ███
███              ███
███              ███
███▄            ▄███
 ███▄          ▄███
  ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
    ▀▀████████▀

██                            ██               ▄▄
          ██                            ██               ▀▀
          ██                            ██     ▄▄
  ▄██████▄██    ▄██████▄      ▄██████▄  ██   ▄██▀        ██    ▄██████▄
▄██▀    ▀███  ▄██▀    ▀██▄  ▄██▀    ▀▀  ██ ▄██▀          ██  ▄██▀    ▀██▄
██        ██  ██        ██  ██          █████▄           ██  ██        ██
██        ██  ██        ██  ██          ██▀▀██▄          ██  ██        ██
▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▄▄  ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄▄  ██  ▀██▄    ▄██▀
  ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀  ██     ▀██  ███  ██    ▀██████▀

▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK        TWITTER        TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬

freemind1
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 06:39:10 PM

-tb-

Thank you, so how powerfull CPU i need ? Smiley

Will be old but awesome i5 750 overclocked to 4 GHz enough ? with a decent 8-16 RAM? Also what is recomended speed of internet connection ? Will be 100 Mb/s enough?, connection speed is not a problem but my router can sadly handle only this. Or is this a little bit overkill ?

With that machine so you would have enough (16 GB). Latency is important in connection.
p75formula

Activity: 533

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 06:39:30 PM

Seriously people? Basicly all ICOs had this policy in the last two years. Developers get funds after succesful launch of coin.
Why? Because othewise all people tend to do is scream scam, so it doesn't work any other way.
Welcome to crypto.

That.

In other words, as I said, you clearly don't know what is going on.
punkrock

Activity: 808
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 06:40:49 PM

To give you concrete answers, we'll have to test the upcoming version 0.2.0 first. It will developed this week. Stay tuned and participate in the test. Join our chat (https://lisk.chat) if you are done with all the nonsense written here at BCTalk by people who have no clue about what's going on beside BCTalk.
cannabanana

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 06:54:10 PM

Makes me feel warm to see the FUD so strong here, obviously a lot of people on the outside that are wanting in.

From a sensible price perspective the best place for Lisk to be ATM is awaiting release.  The next altcoin bubble isn't happening until two weeks after the halving and at the moment the altcoin market is slowly correcting down up until this point and so releasing early into this market will see low volume and low pricing expectation.

My hypothesised FUDster ypes here ATM..

1) Serial ICOers - don't understand or care about the tech, just jump on early, take a quick profit and move on to the next ICO (until it fails),
2) Kids with little income, savings or means to generate income, thought it would be a get rich quick scheme and want to get their "Lisk IOUs" to Yobit as fast as possible to get their 1/1000th of a Ferrari to impress their target pussay.
3) People who missed the sweet ICO price and now want to create FUD to get Lisk low for a good return post halving.
4) Eth bag holders who bought at top of the market and now need people to sell Lisk and buy their bags so they can eat next month.

If I've missed any please let me know!

Seriously though people, look at the situation outside! Hold til mid July and see what happens to the price of reputable alts (and be glad the release was delayed to make this project reputable)!!!

yup sounds right to me
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 06:58:36 PM

... we'll have to test the upcoming version 0.2.0 first. It will developed this week. Stay tuned and participate in the test. Join our chat (https://lisk.chat) if you are done with all the nonsense written here at BCTalk by people who have no clue about what's going on beside BCTalk.

One reason that the signal-to-noise ratio is so bad in this thread is because 1500 people (well, OK, exactly 1468) have left to start a worldwide non-stop conversation about Lisk, in more that a dozen different channels.  Join us at Lisk.chat.

If you are a FUDster that believes enthusiasm for Lisk is dying just because Max and Oliver are taking a few extra weeks to do this right, you are wrong wrong wrong.
cannabanana

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 06:58:58 PM

I don't know these guy's ages but you do realize that some of the biggest companies in the world were built by under-grad students and dropouts (Microsoft, Apple, Google, Facebook, etc.)

Right?  Riiiiiiight?

I care less about someones age but more about their capability, motivation and drive.  Youth != success, but there is certainly a trend.  Younger, vibrant minds are much more often "dumb enough" to try something new and ridiculous and energetic enough to see through their goals to success or dismal failure.

Even many "failed" individuals learned to pick up and start over again, learning from their mistakes, (see the likes of Henry Ford, Walt Disney or Jack Ma) and eventually made massive successful enterprises.

I chose this project partly because I know that Max and Oliver HAVE Failed before.  

Failure teaches you a ton about the real world.

Instant first time success stories, that's usually a bad indicator for me.

There are lessons that can only be learned through failure.
Nefritox

Activity: 358

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 07:12:02 PM

... we'll have to test the upcoming version 0.2.0 first. It will developed this week. Stay tuned and participate in the test. Join our chat (https://lisk.chat) if you are done with all the nonsense written here at BCTalk by people who have no clue about what's going on beside BCTalk.

One reason that the signal-to-noise ratio is so bad in this thread is because 1500 people (well, OK, exactly 1468) have left to start a worldwide non-stop conversation about Lisk, in more that a dozen different channels.  Join us at Lisk.chat.

If you are a FUDster that believes enthusiasm for Lisk is dying just because Max and Oliver are taking a few extra weeks to do this right, you are wrong wrong wrong.

As i say before, i was a little bit mad (as investor) because it was delayed again. But as programmer i fully understand why. And yes surely will test 0.2.x and join you in chat Smiley
Thank you for every response.

▀ ▀ ▀▀▀
                 ▄█▄
         ▄▄      ███
         ▀██▄    ███
      ▄▄▄▄▄███▄  ███
   ▄███████████▀ ███
 ▄███▀    ▄██▀   ███
▄███     ██▀     ███
███              ███
███              ███
███▄            ▄███
 ███▄          ▄███
  ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
    ▀▀████████▀

██                            ██               ▄▄
          ██                            ██               ▀▀
          ██                            ██     ▄▄
  ▄██████▄██    ▄██████▄      ▄██████▄  ██   ▄██▀        ██    ▄██████▄
▄██▀    ▀███  ▄██▀    ▀██▄  ▄██▀    ▀▀  ██ ▄██▀          ██  ▄██▀    ▀██▄
██        ██  ██        ██  ██          █████▄           ██  ██        ██
██        ██  ██        ██  ██          ██▀▀██▄          ██  ██        ██
▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▄▄  ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄▄  ██  ▀██▄    ▄██▀
  ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀  ██     ▀██  ███  ██    ▀██████▀

▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK        TWITTER        TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬

Pages: « 1 ... 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 [667] 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: