Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:44:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073027 times)
Litoshi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:39:49 PM

So when Lisk runs out of funds what will it be forked to?

You will know that in a few months

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Litoshi

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:45:55 PM

Have you done your research?

William, over the past 6-8 months your contribution to the foundation was very little, probably due to work commitments, etc.

So given your recent outbursts I'm quite surprised to see you now giving us your time.

Therefore, I would just like to make it clear to everyone, as we have the right to defend ourselves. Your recent portrayal of Max and myself is utterly wrong.

Our intentions are only good, and in no shape or form in the realm to which you speak of.

Thank you.

Oliver,

You are being used and played for a fool by Max.  A man that would betray a trust once, will more easily betray again.

Remember the maxim:  Too soon old, too late smart.

I like you have worked for Crypti for the past few months without any compensation.  You were a hard worker.  I dont like to see you get hurt.  Think this through....  you have no recourse if Max takes the money and disappears.

amanai

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 11:27:02 PM

Hi, everyone!

I'm the initial Crypti investor that kick-started the whole project financially back at 2014. I understand those who is negative for the situation.
Well yes, Max could warn us about his plans, he is not obliged to do it. The system open source and platform developed exactly for people to use at their own, to build new projects, platforms and etc. Everyone from community, holders and founders have this right. If not Max, sooner or later it could be someone from you. But honestly I'm very happy that Max did it first. He have great experience, he is a real hard-working man, very delegated to job. I know him personally, met him in Germany, he is a very bright and smart guy. I'm sure he will spread Lisk to whole blockcain world by pushing more on pr and marketing.
I hope ICO funds be enough and let do a really great job to bring the platform to the world. We in Crypti pushed on development and did a great job having a great platform as a result. Unfortunately no money left for marketing and further development. And for me personally Lisk is the same project with the same idea we wanted bring to the world. For me nothing changed. Same platform which can become more powerful with the new ICO.
Especially I'm more calm and confident in success knowing that Max is the one who will continue our great job. That's why I and our team including Boris support Max and wish him success. Also no need represent Oliver, everyone of you seen his work. Guys, wish you Good Luck! I appreciate that you still believe in idea we wanted bring to the world.

I suggest everyone to treat this as second funding round what is are very common in start-ups.
Litoshi

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 11:39:28 PM

Fitting comparison, Mal.  Robespierre was one of the main instigators of the French Revolution, he was eventually  betrayed by his co-revolutionaries, and lost his head to the guillotine. 

MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 12:20:50 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2016, 12:59:44 AM by MalReynolds

Fitting comparison, Mal.  Robespierre was one of the main instigators of the French Revolution, he was eventually  betrayed by his co-revolutionaries, and lost his head to the guillotine.  

I'm not 100% happy about how things have turned out, either, Latoshi.  But I know enough about history to say coups and revolutions and hostile takeovers happen.  People have to adjust when change happens, and change is usually messier than anybody expected before it's over.  Robespierre felt the sting of the guillotine. I predict Lisk will feel the sting of unexpected long-term downward price pressure from large forging rewards hitting the exchanges; an empty, unmotivated Standby Delegate corps; and a developing oligarchy class of Active Delegates whose rewards give them additional votes to stay in power even as the genesis Community voting power is diluted with time.  

Crypti was a pure PoS coin with pure DPoS voting, which was part of its beauty.  Lisk, despite all of its positive attirbutes, is neither.

However, this revolution is at least "legal" as an open source fork, even if it feels like a heist / robbery because it happened fast and in secret.  At least Crypti holders have a conversion path forward instead of a fistful of worthless numbers.   This option is to Max and Oliver's credit, they didn't have to do it.  They have put themselves in the driver's seat of this train mainly because nobody was strong enough to stop them.  Don't blame Max and Olivier for that, blame the people who have "Crypti Foundation Board of Directors" tags by their names.  

And you know Murphy's Golden Rule:

Vega

Activity: 739

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 01:29:49 AM

Okay, I didn't want to post about this whole issue until things settled, but I'm getting annoyed.

I'm a major Crypti holder, (not a big as some, but rtrtcrypto have nothing on me).
This is the way I see it:
Max and Oliver got tired of nothing happening, Crypti going nowhere. Because nothing happened. For months. After a year of starting over because the original idea didn't work.
Of course they also had a financial motivation, who wants to work for someone else when they can work for themselves. But they seen an opportunity because the "Foundation" had opened one by not doing anything. Most don't want to split from a well working project.

Also, Litoshi you annoyed me before, and you are annoying me now. You are a know-it-all, who is wrong a ridiculous amount of times. I seen this when Crypti was on an upswing, and after your absense I see not much has changed.
I read many valid points and arguments from you, but that is part of the problem because you are equally convincing and sure of yourself when you don't know what you're talking about.
No, I won't go into specifics no way I'm rereading your posts.

One thing however. Could you stop accusing Max of money grabbing, and wanting a bigger salary? Crypti raised 750 BTC and it's gone. I'm pretty sure they spent it on developer salary. The money gone, they feel their work is done. Yeah, sure.
Litoshi

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 01:48:12 AM

Okay, I didn't want to post about this whole issue until things settled, but I'm getting annoyed.

I'm a major Crypti holder, (not a big as some, but rtrtcrypto have nothing on me).
This is the way I see it:
Max and Oliver got tired of nothing happening, Crypti going nowhere. Because nothing happened. For months. After a year of starting over because the original idea didn't work.
Of course they also had a financial motivation, who wants to work for someone else when they can work for themselves. But they seen an opportunity because the "Foundation" had opened one by not doing anything. Most don't want to split from a well working project.

Also, Litoshi you annoyed me before, and you are annoying me now. You are a know-it-all, who is wrong a ridiculous amount of times. I seen this when Crypti was on an upswing, and after your absense I see not much has changed.
I read many valid points and arguments from you, but that is part of the problem because you are equally convincing and sure of yourself when you don't know what you're talking about.
No, I won't go into specifics no way I'm rereading your posts.

One thing however. Could you stop accusing Max of money grabbing, and wanting a bigger salary? Crypti raised 750 BTC and it's gone. I'm pretty sure they spent it on developer salary. The money gone, they feel their work is done. Yeah, sure.

I know exactly where the 750 BTC went.  I was responsible to monitor the funds.  The BTC were spent on salaries for the devs, as well as for the server fees, slack fees, community bonuses, and to repay arman for the initial startup investment.  Vera was paid in full for her work in advance, but then flaked out when she "suddenly and without warning went into labor and had a baby".  We took a loss on that, as well as a delay and weeks to findout what was going on.

Was there any cheating?  Maybe.  I did not approve every check or payment.  Stas and Mike are the parties to ask about that.

The team has produced everything that the IPO stated they would produce and deliver to the community.  The second fundraiser/crowdshare was in planning, but was pre-empted by Max's betrayal.

At this point, the team just want to get their XCR sold for a halfway decent price.  They have 7 million XCR or more to get sold or eat a loss.  They are supporting LISK because it is in their interest to keep the fluff up and the price of XCR up.  Once the XCR is sold, their opinions will change. 

I already sold my 3 million XCR.  Got 2000plus satoshis for it months ago.  I no longer have any financial interest in XCR, so I can speak the truth without fear of a price crash in XCR. 

Vega

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 02:00:49 AM

I already sold my 3 million XCR.  Got 2000plus satoshis for it months ago.  I no longer have any financial interest in XCR, so I can speak the truth without fear of a price crash in XCR.  
Again, the truth. Never your opinion, the "truth".
BTW I was absolutely sure since your first post yesterday that you have no stake left in the game.
Otherwise you wouldn't be in attack mode.

Why someone attack something that they have no interest in is another matter, but as it is a favorite pastime on the net, I don't question it anymore.
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 02:03:20 AM

Pretty excited to start developing dApps for Lisk.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 02:11:03 AM

I already sold my 3 million XCR.  Got 2000plus satoshis for it months ago.  I no longer have any financial interest in XCR, so I can speak the truth without fear of a price crash in XCR. 

I wondered what your motivations were. Even an angry XCR holder wouldn't go into full-blown troll mode, as it'd be counterproductive. Their escape route would be either to sell their XCR pre or during ICO, or convert to Lisk. Trying to bring down the price of XCR via trolling wouldn't make sense if they wanted to sell, and going all anti-Lisk wouldn't make sense if they planned to convert over.

So guess you are taking on the role of crusader for a coin you don't even own anymore and aren't involved with.

You do realize that if the ICO can get volume up to support the selling of 7M coins, it means it was very successful, right? I don't think anyone here cares if the original team sells their coins down the road. It would just mean there is a ton of outside btc interest in the new coin.

Litoshi

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 02:11:53 AM

I already sold my 3 million XCR.  Got 2000plus satoshis for it months ago.  I no longer have any financial interest in XCR, so I can speak the truth without fear of a price crash in XCR.  
Again, the truth. Never your opinion, the "truth".
BTW I was absolutely sure since your first post yesterday that you have no stake left in the game.
Otherwise you wouldn't be in attack mode.

Why someone attack something that they have no interest in is another matter, but as it is a favorite pastime on the net, I don't question it anymore.

I am active in my criticism of LISK because I am principled and believe that a thief should not profit from their crime.

Having managed projects of over $30 million dollars, and presently doing one for $70 million.  I have personally signed checks of over a million dollars. I have seen many contractors cut-and-run with the money. I have also seen many go bankrupt.  I know the danger signs.  I see then here.  

The LISK community consists of XCR holders that want to get their money out, and starry-eyed quick-buck IPO hoppers that hope to turn a very quick resale profit on the LISK IPO.  That is called "the greater fool" method.  

MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 02:24:41 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2016, 02:40:40 AM by MalReynolds

Dude.  (Ugly) Open Source Fork Is Not A Crime.

If you have no dog in this XCR / LISK fight, sing Let It Go and leave this thread to watch some sunsets.  No, not the Frozen song, the Michael Bay one:

Everything's that's broke
 Leave it to the breeze
 Let the ashes fall
 Forget about me

Come on let it go
 Just let it be
 Why don't you be you
 And I'll be me
 And I'll be me
Vega

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 02:30:29 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2016, 02:43:56 AM by Vega

I am active in my criticism of LISK because I am principled and believe that a thief should not profit from their crime.

Theft? Of what? I'm pretty sure making a fork is not theft. If it is, the crypto community is a community of thieves.
So what they took? The "roadmap"? That is weak.
Sure they are doing what Crypti wanted to do next, but can you blame them they don't want to do it there after seeing the ineffectivity of the fondation method?

If (as they stated) the Fondation have accomplised most what they set out to do, the technology is working, the only problem is lack of interest, no community and dapp development. Well, that is Maxs' department. The developers, already got paid for their work from the ICO funds, I won't cry for them if Max not working on making them more money by raising XCRs value.
I would feel differently if they'd continue to work on making crypti more succesful, but that is clearly not the case, at least it wasn't in the last few months.
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 02:47:35 AM

Having managed projects of over $30 million dollars, and presently doing one for $70 million.  I have personally signed checks of over a million dollars.

Smiley and sound like a little girl for some reason

kenobius
Legendary

Activity: 1650
Merit: 1033

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 05:48:44 AM

Hi everybody!
I'm glad to participate in LISK
Wish you goodluck
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 06:27:20 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2016, 07:53:03 AM by Emerge

I just setup a Lisk node! Great stuff.
There should be an option within the client
to change from main network to test network instead
of downloading a separate client.. Unless it's somewhere
in the config?

Wanted to develop early apps but I didn't have any Lisk ydt lol Tongue

EDIT:

Tried to download the test-net version.

It's not in https://downloads.lisk.io/lisk/test/lisk-0.1.0-Linux-x86_64.zip
instead it is in https://downloads.lisk.io/lisk/main/lisk-0.1.0-Linux-x86_64.zip
karmacoma24

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

LiskHQ CTO

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 09:06:54 AM

I just setup a Lisk node! Great stuff.
There should be an option within the client
to change from main network to test network instead
of downloading a separate client.. Unless it's somewhere
in the config?

Wanted to develop early apps but I didn't have any Lisk ydt lol Tongue

EDIT:

Tried to download the test-net version.

It's not in https://downloads.lisk.io/lisk/test/lisk-0.1.0-Linux-x86_64.zip
instead it is in https://downloads.lisk.io/lisk/main/lisk-0.1.0-Linux-x86_64.zip

Hi Emerge,

These are both linked to the same file for the time being, therefore both on the testnet.

When we go live on the mainnet, a new genesis block will be created and clients for all architectures will be made available, so you should be able to update/switch over with very little effort.

We will also continue to operate a testnet for development purposes, hence the two different links.

FYI, I've just topped up our faucet, from which you can get 1000 LISK on the testnet: https://faucet.lisk.io/.

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
LiskHQ (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 509

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 09:13:50 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2016, 10:28:13 AM by LiskHQ

Hi, everyone!

I'm the initial Crypti investor that kick-started the whole project financially back at 2014. I understand those who is negative for the situation.
Well yes, Max could warn us about his plans, he is not obliged to do it. The system open source and platform developed exactly for people to use at their own, to build new projects, platforms and etc. Everyone from community, holders and founders have this right. If not Max, sooner or later it could be someone from you. But honestly I'm very happy that Max did it first. He have great experience, he is a real hard-working man, very delegated to job. I know him personally, met him in Germany, he is a very bright and smart guy. I'm sure he will spread Lisk to whole blockcain world by pushing more on pr and marketing.
I hope ICO funds be enough and let do a really great job to bring the platform to the world. We in Crypti pushed on development and did a great job having a great platform as a result. Unfortunately no money left for marketing and further development. And for me personally Lisk is the same project with the same idea we wanted bring to the world. For me nothing changed. Same platform which can become more powerful with the new ICO.
Especially I'm more calm and confident in success knowing that Max is the one who will continue our great job. That's why I and our team including Boris support Max and wish him success. Also no need represent Oliver, everyone of you seen his work. Guys, wish you Good Luck! I appreciate that you still believe in idea we wanted bring to the world.

I suggest everyone to treat this as second funding round what is are very common in start-ups.

Thank you. Smiley

Vera was paid in full for her work in advance, but then flaked out when she "suddenly and without warning went into labor and had a baby".  We took a loss on that, as well as a delay and weeks to findout what was going on.

I don't care what you tell about me, but please don't spread lies about other hard working people at Crypti. Vera was our front-end developer until January 2016 and developed our beautiful client UI. She wasn't pregnant yet and even if, it would be awesome. Smiley

Who you are talking about is Christine from December 2014 / January 2015. She got a baby and wasn't able to continue working for Crypti. She communicated it poorly and a bit too late, but that's history.  

Pretty excited to start developing dApps for Lisk.

Was great speaking to you in Skype! I hope you will develop great decentralized applications. It sounded very promising. Smiley

Hi everybody!
I'm glad to participate in LISK
Wish you goodluck

Thank you. Welcome to Lisk!

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform
mirador17

Activity: 799

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 10:36:40 AM

Interesting project. I will buy some in the early stage of ICO.  Grin
Borpf

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 03:07:27 PM

Just a small thought....
What, if XCR is raising up to 1500 or higher at LISK ICO?
I just try all to do that and hold all my XCR because - I´m in XCR months ago - because I believe in this new kind of DAPP project.
Of course... I´m not really a big Player. But I hold some more 100k XCR. (Hold it!)
I believe in XCR - and of course, before in you Max.
A hard-fork is not what i´m invested in.

So. if XCR will raise - Then what?
At which exchange LISK will be placed? I think, Poloniex will refuse.

Because: Yesterday, Poloniex admonished me to write about LISK in Trollbox.
And I only wrote: "Now it´s official - LISK IPO accept XCR for 1300 Satoshis/Unit. So they, who are interested into LISK ICO, would makea good deal at this price!"

So - at which excanges, LISK will be listed after ICO? Same Excanges like XCR? (Polo, BTer).

And my second question: If you accept XCR for ICO and it ist "dead money - "You opinion" - What will you do with all the earned XCR after LISK ICO?

Thanks - Please keep care of the German Thread.

Je kleiner der IQ, desto größer die Bildschirmdiagonale
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: