Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:21:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073027 times)
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 08:02:42 PM

Just to hear from Horse's mouth... XCR REFUND is still a valid/active idea? If so, I will participate early.
Thx,

rtrt

Hey LiskHQ,
Many of my Israeli friend would like to get in on this as we all did in crypti, would an Hebrew translation be granted a bounty?

Also, just changed my sig

Hello,

Yes. Please wait until tomorrow, as I will add quite a lot of ICO information to the OP this night. Then simply post it into the appropriate section and send the link to me. I will reserve the bounty for you now.

Thank you very much.

Website ICO countdown

We know that it's not working properly. If we find the time, we will fix the countdown within the next few hours. For the time being, please refer to this countdown.

Lisk ICO Terms

I just published a blog post with all available ICO information at one place. The blog post will be updated if necessary. Please distribute this link, instead of the three different parts.

https://blog.lisk.io/lisk-ico-terms-25ca3ecd5a4d

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YNWA2806

Activity: 398
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 08:09:06 PM

Quick question before you all lose it and spend every piece of your crypto here....

was there a talk about reverse vesting or a cliff mechanism for the ICO funds?  whats to keep these guys from collecting the funds and move on?

I suggested this back on Crypti's ICO and it was accepted, cant see a reason why not do the same here.

your thoughts LiskHQ?
Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 08:11:13 PM

There's a detail that some of my friends are wondering about, so they are wondering if the dev team is going to invest their own XCR owned by their previous project with crypti, (IF you have some), for have a "double gain" we can say, because you're spending your own XCR to buy LISK, and at the end you will own both XCR and LISK, or are you going to make that but burning your XCR used to buy lisk eventually? Of course you can say that you're not going to do something like that, but my friends will keep the doubt.
Another thing you of course are asking to buy lisk with btc rather than using XCR, but what's the purpose for you to be paid in XCR? I mean if you accept it, soon XCR should go to be worth more than now, do you have some plan to make XCR more valuable in the future?

thanks

I know why your pray will never be answered!
tobsnn

Activity: 573

Bitcore BTX

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 08:13:45 PM

cant put in your signature because of profile box is saying "Max 50; characters remaining: 50". so my post status is far to nooby. damn.

t minus 2 hours and counting

BigCat45

Activity: 441

Bigboss

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 08:14:45 PM

Before I trow in some salt around, I must say I will probably exchange all of my XCR to LISK. I do not want to or I have too, but there is a reason for XCR to tank in the end as I think, and this is why.

What would you do having millions of XCR and full understanding how it all works, plus you out of money and all you've got is coins with virtually no support on the exchange?
Well, I would make another coin out of the old one, set exchange rate at twice the market price, extent ICO for a VERY long time and slowly dump all XCR I've got below exchange rate. A month should be enough.

In the end I would get a lot of my new coins (of cause), BTC from selling old coins, my XCR returned back to me (heh) and don't forget BTC and ETH I would of cause accept for a new coin.

Sounds familiar?

My assumption is that all that XCR dev team (of 2) will get after ICO, will be slowly dumped on the market, thus erasing any value of the coin. That is why I see only 2 roads here as of now:
1. Try to sell all I have at 1200 or as close as possible
2. Convert to LISK and see how much it will pump.

No matter what you guys choose, I am pretty sure both guys are going to grab a lot of dough. Will they spend it to promote their coin? I am inclined to think so.
MorAltsPlease

Activity: 282

Fear only from the fear itself

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 08:15:03 PM

I understand u guys want to leave things straight with the crypti guys, but raising funds in currencies you have no faith in is just unreasonable...please explain why you insist on doing so
BigCat45

Activity: 441

Bigboss

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 08:19:24 PM

I understand u guys want to leave things straight with the crypti guys, but raising funds in currencies you have no faith in is just unreasonable...please explain why you insist on doing so
Check my post before yours ...
MalReynolds2

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 08:20:33 PM

To allow the original Crypti investors a pivot / transfer path into a new coin (Lisk) that uses the code base they paid to develop.  In my opinion, this option shows Max and Olivier have true integrity.  They didn't have to do this in a perfectly legit open source fork.
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 08:20:43 PM

This is a form of airdropping on the XCR community... I don't like it either, but, it is what it is. XCR is done IMO. I will keep 5-10% on the off chance miracle and convert 90% to LISK. Such is life, can't win them all and if the LISK team is serious about turning it all around, then they will have a chance. I'm giving the team that chance - hope they deliver. But, no point in trying to fight for XCR with no DEV team and no future prospects. Time to move on and attempt to pivot to LISK.

MorAltsPlease

Activity: 282

Fear only from the fear itself

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 08:38:54 PM

To allow the original Crypti investors a pivot / transfer path into a new coin (Lisk) that uses the code base they paid to develop.  In my opinion, this option shows Max and Olivier have true integrity.  They didn't have to do this in a perfectly legit open source fork.

Yes i guess this is a nice gesture that shows some character but to be honest, this is business and every XMR accepted is less funds for future development......keep in mind that after reading all the previous posts here the lack of funds is probably what caused this fork in first place...

And in a different note, where do we stand on releasing the funds from the escrow in tranches? to say the least its not healthy to release all the money at once...
operabit
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 09:02:15 PM

Are u ready guys Cheesy
https://www.altcoincalendar.info/coins/1988/banners/1.svg
MalReynolds2

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 09:16:18 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2016, 09:33:36 PM by MalReynolds2

To allow the original Crypti investors a pivot / transfer path into a new coin (Lisk) that uses the code base they paid to develop.  In my opinion, this option shows Max and Olivier have true integrity.  They didn't have to do this in a perfectly legit open source fork.

Yes i guess this is a nice gesture that shows some character but to be honest, this is business and every XMR [sic - you mean XCR] accepted is less funds for future development......keep in mind that after reading all the previous posts here the lack of funds is probably what caused this fork in first place...

I totally disagree with this statement.  Are the total Bitcoin and Shapeshift donations to Lisk going to be different if there are 0 Crypti XCR donated than if there are 50M or 100M Crypti XCR donated?  I don't think so.  Why do you think so?

What accepting XCR / Crypti DOES do is reduce the absolute number of Lisk that are handed out to Bitcoin and Shapeshift donors at the end of the ICO.  But as I have said over and over here, as more people and more money of any type gets poured in Lisk, the price of Lisk rises to offset any dilution of holdings.  A donation made in any currency at any time retains its original value at all times during the ICO.  

You do not lose money in the Lisk ICO when more people show up with more money after you!  More money getting poured in makes Lisk more valuable no matter what currency it is!  More people showing up make for a bigger and ultimately more successful Lisk community!

ZipEyes

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 09:19:19 PM

Cant read all the 44 page's so I cut in line and ask when this will be under mining and when it will be? What algorithm it will be if so?

Bitrated user: Hyp0crit.
MalReynolds2

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 09:24:37 PM

Cant read all the 44 page's so I cut in line and ask when this will be under mining and when it will be? What algorithm it will be if so?

The blockchain starts running at the end of IPO around March 22.  There is no mining algorithm.  There is a circle of 101 elected delegates, and they take turns cooperatively adding blocks to the blockchain.  Blocks are added every 10 seconds and any particular delegate will add their block every 17 minutes.   Each delegate will receive around 150K Lisk in year one for their service, accumulating 5 Lisk per block added.  In subsequent years they will earn less.  This system is like clockwork and maximizes efficiency.  It is is one of many points that make Lisk superior to Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Videodrome

Activity: 588
Merit: 503

Free Julian Assange

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 09:30:55 PM

Following and ICO member for sure  Grin

LiskHQ (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 509

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 09:32:09 PM

Just to hear from Horse's mouth... XCR REFUND is still a valid/active idea? If so, I will participate early.
Thx,

rtrt

Yes. Check our latest blog post. It's written there: https://blog.lisk.io/lisk-ico-terms-25ca3ecd5a4d

Quick question before you all lose it and spend every piece of your crypto here....

was there a talk about reverse vesting or a cliff mechanism for the ICO funds?  whats to keep these guys from collecting the funds and move on?

I suggested this back on Crypti's ICO and it was accepted, cant see a reason why not do the same here.

your thoughts LiskHQ?

- We are here with our public names (Max Kordek & Olivier Beddows).
- Have the goodwill by the Founding team of the Crypti Foundation.
- Have a legal adviser who will make sure that we establish ourselves successfully after the ICO.

Additionally, I still have many years in front of me, do you think I would ruin them? Especially after such news I think everybody can be sure that we are dead serious here. We completely concentrate on Lisk.

The terms are finished and valid, they won't be changed anymore. Smiley

There's a detail that some of my friends are wondering about, so they are wondering if the dev team is going to invest their own XCR owned by their previous project with crypti, (IF you have some), for have a "double gain" we can say, because you're spending your own XCR to buy LISK, and at the end you will own both XCR and LISK, or are you going to make that but burning your XCR used to buy lisk eventually? Of course you can say that you're not going to do something like that, but my friends will keep the doubt.
Another thing you of course are asking to buy lisk with btc rather than using XCR, but what's the purpose for you to be paid in XCR? I mean if you accept it, soon XCR should go to be worth more than now, do you have some plan to make XCR more valuable in the future?

thanks

In my opinion XCR will be completely worthless in the future. The development comes to a stop, we are taking over the ship here. Lisk will be the new XCR.

Everyone is free to take over their XCR to this new project. I don't see that "soon XCR should go to be worth more", why should that be? We don't have a plan to make XCR more valuable in the future, we won't work a second on Crypti. 100% Lisk.

Before I trow in some salt around, I must say I will probably exchange all of my XCR to LISK. I do not want to or I have too, but there is a reason for XCR to tank in the end as I think, and this is why.

What would you do having millions of XCR and full understanding how it all works, plus you out of money and all you've got is coins with virtually no support on the exchange?
Well, I would make another coin out of the old one, set exchange rate at twice the market price, extent ICO for a VERY long time and slowly dump all XCR I've got below exchange rate. A month should be enough.

In the end I would get a lot of my new coins (of cause), BTC from selling old coins, my XCR returned back to me (heh) and don't forget BTC and ETH I would of cause accept for a new coin.

Sounds familiar?

My assumption is that all that XCR dev team (of 2) will get after ICO, will be slowly dumped on the market, thus erasing any value of the coin. That is why I see only 2 roads here as of now:
1. Try to sell all I have at 1200 or as close as possible
2. Convert to LISK and see how much it will pump.

No matter what you guys choose, I am pretty sure both guys are going to grab a lot of dough. Will they spend it to promote their coin? I am inclined to think so.

All XCR will be held in escrow until the 18th April, due to the refund procedure. After that we will have to see what we do with them. There probably won't be a market anyway.

We insist because we don't go back on our words. If we say or promise something, we deliver it. That's our maxim and we will keep it.

21 days ago the whole situation was a different one. We wanted to fork Crypti. We didn't know how successful it would be. We didn't know how the community support would be. Therefore we wanted to give at least an option for Crypti users to convert to Lisk, so they don't have to worry about anything. We worked for over 1 year with all these Crypti users and pushed Crypti forward together with the Crypti Foundation. Do you think we would betray those users? No we wouldn't.

We are here to stay and push this beast of a platform forward, bringing it into the minds of the people and on the servers of this world.

This is a form of airdropping on the XCR community... I don't like it either, but, it is what it is. XCR is done IMO. I will keep 5-10% on the off chance miracle and convert 90% to LISK. Such is life, can't win them all and if the LISK team is serious about turning it all around, then they will have a chance. I'm giving the team that chance - hope they deliver. But, no point in trying to fight for XCR with no DEV team and no future prospects. Time to move on and attempt to pivot to LISK.

Not sure why you as a big XCR shareholder don't like the fact that we give you an option to switch. You will have your reasons and I'm happy that you are giving us a chance. Smiley

To allow the original Crypti investors a pivot / transfer path into a new coin (Lisk) that uses the code base they paid to develop.  In my opinion, this option shows Max and Olivier have true integrity.  They didn't have to do this in a perfectly legit open source fork.

Yes i guess this is a nice gesture that shows some character but to be honest, this is business and every XMR [sic - you mean XCR] accepted is less funds for future development......keep in mind that after reading all the previous posts here the lack of funds is probably what caused this fork in first place...

I totally disagree with this statement.  Are the total Bitcoin and Shapeshift donations to Lisk going to be different if there are 0 XCR donated than if there are 50M or 100M Crypti donated?  I don't think so.  Why do you think so?

What accepting XCR / Crypti DOES do is reduce the absolute number of Lisk that are handed out to Bitcoin and Shapeshift donors at the end of the ICO.  But as I have said over and over here, as more people and more money of any type gets poured in Lisk, the price of Lisk rises to offset the dilution of holdings.  A donation made in any currency at any time retains its original value at all times during the ICO.  

You do not lose money in the Lisk ICO when more people show up with more money after you!  More money getting poured in makes Lisk more valuable no matter what currency it is!  More people showing up make for a bigger and ultimately more successful Lisk community!

This is exactly my stance. Every new user is a major win for a crypto-currency. At Crypti the biggest problem wasn't only that they collected just 750 BTC (the upper cap was the biggest mistake, as all Crypti Foundation members agree now (afaik)). The biggest problem was that the 750 BTC were achieved after a few days and new members couldn't join anymore.

A crypto-currency with 1000 participants and 1000 BTC is better and has a lot more prospects, than a crypto-currency with 100 participants and 2000 BTC.

Sorry for the short answers. We are working away here and are very busy right now. Smiley

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform
open82buy

Activity: 695

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 09:42:04 PM

I was playing around with the online wallet and then it froze. Now I get 502 Error. Advice anyone  Cry
LiskHQ (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 509

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 09:43:35 PM

I was playing around with the online wallet and then it froze. Now I get 502 Error. Advice anyone  Cry

Try again. Wink

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 09:51:28 PM

Hello,

I just wanted to confirm that I will be one of the escrow partners for the Bitcoins.

Regards

Poly#Crypto

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 09:57:39 PM

Hello,

I just wanted to confirm that I will be one of the escrow partners for the Bitcoins.

Regards

+1
Thanks for providing this service
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: