Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:38:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073036 times)
MalReynolds2

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 12:38:10 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2016, 01:41:26 AM by MalReynolds2

Hello guys! Sorry, but can someone says - what is new in the LISK ?

And what a difference from another coins/ tokens ?

Thanks.

Lisk is about enabling anybody to launch their own personal blockchain to store decentralized, distributed information and connect users for any reason - not just coins.  The possibilities are endless and limited only by your imagination.  As I am fond of predicting, I think the first person to write a sports betting dapp using the new capabilities in the upcoming Crypti / Lisk 0.5.5 release will become a billionaire.

Lisk makes the process of deploying personal blockchains simple by:

(1) using JavaScript / node.js, the programming language used by 100,000+ programmers worldwide, to write smart contracts / distributed applications.

(2) using ultra cheap microcomputers like the $35 Raspberry Pi 2 ( http://www.pcworld.com/article/2886260/raspberry-pi-2-review-the-revolutionary-35-micro-pc-supercharged.html )or the $9 C.H.I.P. (http://getchip.com/) to run blockchain nodes and networks supporting an unlimited number of personal sidechains that are independent from the main Lisk blockchain.  Such low-cost computers can be used because Lisk blockchain nodes are cooperative and therefore efficient, instead of competitive and therefore highly inefficient like Bitcoin and Etherium miners.  

(3) using the main Lisk blockchain primarily as a registration and coordination area for dapps written by others using the Lisk system.  These are listed in the dapp store area of the Lisk wallet.

Lisk differs from Ethereum which (1) uses the unstable and difficult Solidity language hardly anybody knows how to use and (2) puts all smart contracts / distributed applications on the main Ethereum blockchain and (3) charges "gas" to run dapps on expensive, high performance "graphics processing units (GPUs)" / mining rigs.
tobsnn

Activity: 573
Merit: 500

Bitcore BTX

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:09:33 AM

Hey out there

reading the [ANN]ICO, i'm so interested in joining this wonderful promising journey to the world of NodeJS Dapps. By saying "22nd February: The Lisk ICO begins." they mean they will release the exchange wizard to the public on their website or do I have to get a private invite to have access to it? They elsewhere wrote to get in touch with them joining the ico is by mail, so to get the btc wallet adress and further personal information on the later exchange. Appreciate any help to let some BTC's support such a great innovation like lisk. Keep up the great work folks.

tobsnn

fuze0000

Activity: 518

Enjoying the ups & downs of Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:35:39 AM

Lets play the guessing game!!!

What are the community's expectations of the value of LISK after the ICO is distributed and enter the exchanges?
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 02:09:30 AM

What are the community's expectations of the value of LISK after the ICO is distributed and enter the exchanges?

My best guess is typical ICO behavior, at first, maybe up to 2-3x initial ICO value. Then a sell-off. Then a complete dump from a lot XCR holders who converted, as it's the first time they would have seen high exchange volume in like 1-2 years.

Afterwards, who knows. It all depends on how much BTC the ICO brings in. If enough, coin could thrive longterm. If the ICO doesn't do so well, we can guess at how things will turn out by looking at XCR.
Bigcabrito

Activity: 504

Communications Lead

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 02:46:01 AM

My best guess is typical ICO behavior, at first, maybe up to 2-3x initial ICO value. Then a sell-off. Then a complete dump from a lot XCR holders who converted, as it's the first time they would have seen high exchange volume in like 1-2 years.

Afterwards, who knows. It all depends on how much BTC the ICO brings in. If enough, coin could thrive longterm. If the ICO doesn't do so well, we can guess at how things will turn out by looking at XCR.

Not a fair comparison. Crypti didn't have a platform, people invested in the "idea" of Crypti network, but in reality they had nothing. They spent most of their ICO funds to create a stable network, and found themsellves at a tough spot almost 2 years later. Lisk is already done (forked from Crypti), a tested network/environment. Now all it needs is developers to begin creating amazing DAPPS. As with the Ethereum platform, as long as core development keeps improving, there wont be a top for the coin, it could easily reach the hundreds of millions in its first 3-6 months.

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Lisk Community Manager
houlala1

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 02:49:26 AM

Why make an IPO for a fork coin ?

I guess for money

So you just fork crypti and add some features and launch a ico ?
poornamelessme

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:01:56 AM

Not a fair comparison. Crypti didn't have a platform, people invested in the "idea" of Crypti network, but in reality they had nothing. They spent most of their ICO funds to create a stable network, and found themsellves at a tough spot almost 2 years later. Lisk is already done (forked from Crypti), a tested network/environment. Now all it needs is developers to begin creating amazing DAPPS. As with the Ethereum platform, as long as core development keeps improving, there wont be a top for the coin, it could easily reach the hundreds of millions in its first 3-6 months.

Hmm? What did I say that was an unfair comparison?

If you are talking about merits of the coin, I agree with you. But my reply was to someone guessing about the exchange price. It really all depends on how much BTC they bring in during the ICO.  
Bigcabrito

Activity: 504

Communications Lead

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:12:08 AM

Hmm? What did I say that was an unfair comparison?

If you are talking about merits of the coin, I agree with you. But my reply was to someone guessing about the exchange price. It really all depends on how much BTC they bring in during the ICO.  

Something about how things will turn out by looking at XCR. You cant compare them, they are at two complete different stages. It's as if Crypti would've figured out how to receive more funding for their project. They would've competed with other Dapp blockchains around, and would have created a major buzz. But they ran out of money and motivation (imo).

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Lisk Community Manager
poornamelessme

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:16:20 AM

Something about how things will turn out by looking at XCR. You cant compare them, they are at two complete different stages. It's as if Crypti would've figured out how to receive more funding for their project. They would've competed with other Dapp blockchains around, and would have created a major buzz. But they ran out of money and motivation (imo).

I said IF the ICO doesn't do well, we can look at how XCR is doing as a comparison. Is that any different than what you are saying right now?

I also said if the ICO does well, the coin may thrive longterm.
MalReynolds2

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:18:50 AM

I guess for money

Forking an open-source resource, adding new features, and becoming a successful new venture is a valid business strategy.  Look at Mark Shuttleworth.  He worked on Debian, forked it to Ubuntu, and made hundreds of millions of dollars.  He takes vacations to the International Space Station.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Shuttleworth

To take this space analogy a little further, you get to space using multi-stage rockets.  The first stage of a rocket only goes so high.  Then it runs out of fuel.  You drop its weight and ignite a fresh second stage full of fuel.  The second stage starts with the burnout speed of the first stage and then goes higher and faster.  

Crypti was the first stage of an open-source rocket, and did a great job of getting this personal blockchain effort off the ground.  But now it's time to fire up the second stage - Lisk - and go on to da Moon.
Vega

Activity: 739

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 05:39:53 AM

I guess for money

You uncovered the big secret plan...that they stated. Yes, they need money to push forward.
braid_guy

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:49:10 AM

I'm interested to see where this goes.

Sorry that's all I could fit in my signature Smiley
LiskHQ (OP)

Activity: 546

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 09:14:42 AM

how does facebook and twitter stake work? Will you send a PM asking for address when you've the coin to whom have liked and followed you?

Yes, we will contact the social network profiles individually.

Will be ICO distribution limited somehow?
example: user can buy limited ammount of LISK from
one IP or something similar ?

Why I asking this?

What if some BTC whale decide to jump first
and buy LISK for, example, 500 BTC ?

That mean he can own half of total supply and
that can be really bad. LISK can become centralized and
holded by just few peoples.

Hope you understand what I want to say.  Smiley

I don't know how we could control that. Everyone could attend with a proxy and another email address, we wouldn't know it.

If we see that someone will hold more than 20% of all LISK I will discuss it with Olivier and come up with a solution. But I don't see this happening right now.

What will be the total number of lisk in existence?
Bitcoin's max is 21 million.
I am still researching the total amount of Ethereums that will exist.

Please take a look at our comparison chart, FAQ or distribution table.

Such low-cost computers can be used because Lisk blockchain nodes are cooperative and therefore efficient, instead of competitive and therefore highly inefficient like Bitcoin and Etherium miners.  

That's an awesome quote! I will keep it. Smiley

Hey out there

reading the [ANN]ICO, i'm so interested in joining this wonderful promising journey to the world of NodeJS Dapps. By saying "22nd February: The Lisk ICO begins." they mean they will release the exchange wizard to the public on their website or do I have to get a private invite to have access to it? They elsewhere wrote to get in touch with them joining the ico is by mail, so to get the btc wallet adress and further personal information on the later exchange. Appreciate any help to let some BTC's support such a great innovation like lisk. Keep up the great work folks.

tobsnn

The website on which the ICO happens will be put online at the 22nd February. Everyone has access to it and can exchange their coins. (Already answered you on Facebook as well. Smiley )

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform
altcoinlinks2

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 10:06:43 AM

how does facebook and twitter stake work? Will you send a PM asking for address when you've the coin to whom have liked and followed you?

Yes, we will contact the social network profiles individually.

Will be ICO distribution limited somehow?
example: user can buy limited ammount of LISK from
one IP or something similar ?

Why I asking this?

What if some BTC whale decide to jump first
and buy LISK for, example, 500 BTC ?

That mean he can own half of total supply and
that can be really bad. LISK can become centralized and
holded by just few peoples.

Hope you understand what I want to say.  Smiley

I don't know how we could control that. Everyone could attend with a proxy and another email address, we wouldn't know it.

If we see that someone will hold more than 20% of all LISK I will discuss it with Olivier and come up with a solution. But I don't see this happening right now.

What will be the total number of lisk in existence?
Bitcoin's max is 21 million.
I am still researching the total amount of Ethereums that will exist.

Please take a look at our comparison chart, FAQ or distribution table.

Such low-cost computers can be used because Lisk blockchain nodes are cooperative and therefore efficient, instead of competitive and therefore highly inefficient like Bitcoin and Etherium miners.  

That's an awesome quote! I will keep it. Smiley

Hey out there

tobsnn

The website on which the ICO happens will be put online at the 22nd February. Everyone has access to it and can exchange their coins. (Already answered you on Facebook as well. Smiley )

This is exciting good luck on the project
Elevated

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 11:18:37 AM

Can't wait!  Cheesy

www.lisk.io - Dapp & Sidechain Platform
spacehopper

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 11:18:51 AM

Sig addsd

I'm looking forward to the release date, and seeing each of the new features on the Lisk roadmap. Lisk's a winner and deserves to be a top 10 coin. It's thousands of times better than all the bitcoin clones because of what it offers. The cheapest Lisk coins will ever be is at the start of the ICO.

trader_999
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 11:34:53 AM

Signature added
lcharles123
Legendary

Activity: 1697
Merit: 1074

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 12:41:09 PM

Is it a ethereum fork?

Seems promissing.

You have limited power here. -"Bitcoin on Governments"
LiskHQ (OP)

Activity: 546

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 12:41:43 PM

Is it a ethereum fork?

No. Smiley

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform
MalReynolds2

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:07:52 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2016, 11:09:29 AM by MalReynolds2

This is a Public service announcement about the Lisk Initial Coin Offering (ICO).  There is still some confusion about how this is going to work.

Main points:

85 million AND ONLY 85 MILLION Lisk are going to be distributed to donors.  

The more and more donors that show up, the smaller and smaller your share of this fixed block of Lisk will be.  

However, the more donors that show up, the more valuable each Lisk becomes, so its satoshi price will go up.  

This adjustment of Lisk price and share allocations will continue over and over and during the ICO as more and more people donate.

Final numbers will be frozen at the end of the ICO on March 21.

SO AS THE LISK ICO PROGRESSES:

(1) THE NUMBER OF LISK ALLOCATED TO YOU WILL DECREASE
(2) THE WORTH OF EACH INDIVIDUAL LISK YOU HOLD WILL INCREASE
(3) THE TOTAL NET VALUE OF LISK YOU RECEIVE FOR YOUR DONATION WILL STAY CONSTANT

There are bonuses of 15%, 10% and 5% for early donations during the first three weeks of the ICO.

Bottom line : If you donate 1 BTC on Feb 22, you will own a quantity of Lisk worth 1.15 BTC on March 21 no matter what happens during the ICO.

I have been working on some spreadsheets for use during the Lisk ICO.  Hopefully these are THE FINAL VERSIONS of the spreadsheets.  These show how many Lisk you will get for one Bitcoin BTC or one Crypti XCR, and how much in satoshi the Lisk will be worth.  The spreadsheets start off with donations of 5 BTC and 5M Crypti (equivalent value of 65 BTC at a fixed 1300 satoshi per Crypti exchange rate) just to get some initial numbers to look at.   THESE ARE TEST NUMBERS - THE ICO DOES NOT START UNTIL FEB 22.  Here they are, feedback welcome:

How Many Lisk You Will Receive For One Bitcoin (BTC)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iOEdaRnBmSAO5miW7xYheeYUgo5wL9l9BONw6x21nQg/edit?usp=sharing

How Many Lisk You Will Receive For One Crypti (XCR)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GwWKK7bpjYTxtQRIq_l2xiKI9rEOpTU1oTt0q3C6Mc8/edit?usp=sharing

The Satoshi Price For One Lisk

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q2MJ25_bK5Yi60FYohYCUEkujUtL5c0P1dOdlDMPMBI/edit?usp=sharing

I have provided Max / LiskHQ password access to these if he wishes to use them officially during the ICO....his choice.  If he doesn't update these during the ICO, I will.   Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: