Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:44:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 [1191] 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073026 times)
X1235

Activity: 671
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 10:30:57 PM

How low will Lisk drop?
In this way under 60  Grin

So what?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fuze0000

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Enjoying the ups & downs of Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 10:32:34 PM

It is only dropping because of the early adopters bounties being released.
Patriarch

Activity: 347
Merit: 258

Founder of PROCOMMERCE.IO

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 10:35:13 PM

It is only dropping because of the early adopters bounties being released.

yup, and i just spent more btc buying at 62k
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 10:36:53 PM

Agreed!  Lisk has a very bright future ahead!

I would like to see a roadmap of what the Lisk team is working on.

How do we make Lisk more popular?

Only thing we can do is wait really, yes we could shout about it to people we know or talk to them , but it wont have much collective effect on the development , might see a small few % increase in price of people buying in , but really we need some Lisk updates from dev's , the people who have been paid lisk cash to let themselves be known with ideas they have for forwarding development of lisk.

I am in the process of trying to get a delegate set up in the near future to help fund a game with Lisk as the currency , Being a cross between pokemon and animal crossing , with its own unique genetics system, ultra rare "monsters" to give them rarity and give income to people in the game that could effectively make a living off just breeding certain monsters. they will be biologically similar to nature and evolution as happens in the real world.

example , little monster that secrets a Teflon like substance super immune to most attacks , very hard to attack but certain ways to defeat it.

a monster that uses acid as an attack, the evolution makes it get stronger acid until it reaches the stage of a super acid .

there is a small creature in real life that uses iron deposits on the bottom of the ocean , something similar to this but you can feed it gemstones and rare metals and increase attributes

advanced combat system
advanced leveling up system
advanced skill training system of each monster
land ownership
production of items in game that supply the game

ability to play the game and actually make a living on the potential income you can earn
Having the game connected to the real world I.E you can use currency in the game go to a little 3d printer in game, have it connected to a real 3d printer in the real world and buy real world items made by the printer, first would be little keyrings of your actual monsters , little figurines but hopefully as other 3d printing tech advances, opening that up to much more, clothing is a possibility , also to help toward integration of other companies into the game

if it gets popular enough, advertising space within the game.

Problem with most games currently with earning potential they are not income producing for all players, entropia for example , its like playing a lottery.

you buy your items , say you spend 50 dollars, you go hunting , or mining , or something else, and once you come back from your hunt , you get averagely 46-48 dollars back from that hunt, you repair everything and go back out and then come back with around 45 dollars worth of stuff. it's effectively a lottery were you will only win hugely if you get extremely lucky and hit it big.

I want to attempt to become a delegate to aid in paying for the games development , offering incentives like potential land and other items for those voting and helping but i cannot even attempt to become a delegate before i have at least a good example to lead with so currently i have my artist drawing up the designs for a small bunch of monsters that will inhabit the game , getting most of the basic ground work of design sorted out in a clear and concise manner, written down with a clear direction and plan and having people i can trust ready and waiting for when and if i can get funds to make it .

Hey, as you may or may not know, there are other people developing games for Lisk. I am working on one, but since I have no programming skills, I wouldn't call it "development"

Here is something I think is imperative to keep in mind:
People are willing to pay good money to play a game. They put fun over earning anytime. If you create a game which can yield a real-life income, you need to keep this in mind. There are games like poker, where the very incentive of the game is to win as much money as possible, but from what I see and believe, any game which tries to make earing real money a main goal, runs the risk of losing it's player base to grinders, who are willing to do the same boring repetetive tasks to get as much out of it as possible. to prevent this, earning should not be mandatory and the game should be fun without it, or earning the most should be somehow connected to the most fun gameplay.
If that makes sense at all…
Feel free to join us in the Lisk forum, btw Smiley
monkeydong1

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 10:38:17 PM

Agreed!  Lisk has a very bright future ahead!

I would like to see a roadmap of what the Lisk team is working on.

How do we make Lisk more popular?

Only thing we can do is wait really, yes we could shout about it to people we know or talk to them , but it wont have much collective effect on the development , might see a small few % increase in price of people buying in , but really we need some Lisk updates from dev's , the people who have been paid lisk cash to let themselves be known with ideas they have for forwarding development of lisk.

I am in the process of trying to get a delegate set up in the near future to help fund a game with Lisk as the currency , Being a cross between pokemon and animal crossing , with its own unique genetics system, ultra rare "monsters" to give them rarity and give income to people in the game that could effectively make a living off just breeding certain monsters. they will be biologically similar to nature and evolution as happens in the real world.

example , little monster that secrets a Teflon like substance super immune to most attacks , very hard to attack but certain ways to defeat it.

a monster that uses acid as an attack, the evolution makes it get stronger acid until it reaches the stage of a super acid .

there is a small creature in real life that uses iron deposits on the bottom of the ocean , something similar to this but you can feed it gemstones and rare metals and increase attributes

advanced combat system
advanced leveling up system
advanced skill training system of each monster
land ownership
production of items in game that supply the game

ability to play the game and actually make a living on the potential income you can earn
Having the game connected to the real world I.E you can use currency in the game go to a little 3d printer in game, have it connected to a real 3d printer in the real world and buy real world items made by the printer, first would be little keyrings of your actual monsters , little figurines but hopefully as other 3d printing tech advances, opening that up to much more, clothing is a possibility , also to help toward integration of other companies into the game

if it gets popular enough, advertising space within the game.

Problem with most games currently with earning potential they are not income producing for all players, entropia for example , its like playing a lottery.

you buy your items , say you spend 50 dollars, you go hunting , or mining , or something else, and once you come back from your hunt , you get averagely 46-48 dollars back from that hunt, you repair everything and go back out and then come back with around 45 dollars worth of stuff. it's effectively a lottery were you will only win hugely if you get extremely lucky and hit it big.

I want to attempt to become a delegate to aid in paying for the games development , offering incentives like potential land and other items for those voting and helping but i cannot even attempt to become a delegate before i have at least a good example to lead with so currently i have my artist drawing up the designs for a small bunch of monsters that will inhabit the game , getting most of the basic ground work of design sorted out in a clear and concise manner, written down with a clear direction and plan and having people i can trust ready and waiting for when and if i can get funds to make it .

You played too much entropia and ComPet Wink.

ps: Selling 35% of "F.O.M.A Fortuna" , for lisk, with escrow obviously ! Wink

jibble

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 10:43:44 PM

Hey, as you may or may not know, there are other people developing games for Lisk. I am working on one, but since I have no programming skills, I wouldn't call it "development"

People are willing to pay good money to play a game. They put fun over earning anytime. If you create a game which can yield a real-life income, you need to keep this in mind. There are games like poker, where the very incentive of the game is to win as much money as possible, but from what I see and believe, any game which tries to make earing real money a main goal, runs the risk of losing it's player base to grinders, who are willing to do the same boring repetetive tasks to get as much out of it as possible. to prevent this, earning should not be mandatory and the game should be fun without it, or earning the most should be somehow connected to the most fun gameplay.

Yes i do have that in mind . Its about getting the right balance , the ability to earn a living while not just being about earning money in the game but also the ability for people who put zero money into it a way to progress thru the game without needing to put much or any money in , albeit at a slower rate than those who are paying .

I am in a similar position thou , i have only studied using udemy coding/teach website courses , have done many different courses now and have made a few basic games, i can do the basic crap which is why funding would be beneficial and make it easier to create the things i know i cannot do at this stage and are more advanced . i have a small team willing to work on it but obviously would need more people of different skill levels and in different area to make it good enough to be popular
jibble

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 10:45:49 PM

lol i didn't play that much tbh , once you see that it is not really economically viable for even most players only the top few % then it becomes boring, i use to play all sorts of online games thou , all the way back to legend of mir, i use to play the economics of the games and become rich more than highly leveled thou , which is why i like crypto so much, similar sort of mechanics but with actual value
Isolani159

Activity: 478
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 10:46:49 PM

Bounty bonus has come. Thanks to Lisk team Cheesy

nothing gonna stop us now
ttookk

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 10:56:44 PM

(snip)

I reside in the United States as well.

This would extremely hard to enforce.
It would be like enforcing websites to make you pay for open.
More importantly there are rules when in place for making claims of ownership I.e. Trademark and patent office of the United States.  Besides corporations would charges us for breathing if they could.  Civil war would breakout when there is too much tyranny and or corruption.  

(snip)

The concerns voiced by the content creators are, that sites like facebook, tumblr and so on could use their images without paying them (= the creators). Random example: You post a picture you made on your blog. Someone copies it and posts it on their tumblr without linking to the source. Someone else copies and posts it on instagram/twitter/whatever, until it lands on facebook. They decide to either use it for whatever facebook uses pictures for, or sell it's rights to someone else, which they can legally do, because 1.: they can't find you as the original creator ("what's google image search?") and 2.: according to their terms and conditions, everything people post on fb can be used by them as they see fit.
Now, whether or it work's that way exactly, I don't know, but that's how the story is told.

I don't reside in the US and here, we don't really use the trademark office, at least not for smaller things, like individual pictures. If I create a picture, I am the legal holder of the rights to this picture by default. However, it can be hard to prove that I created a picture before someone else copied it. Once, court would understand how proof of Existence works, proving that I am the original creator would be far more easier.
Blazin8888

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 10:56:56 PM

LISK will be worth 3 -4 times as much over next 8 weeks
ttookk

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 11:04:53 PM

Yes i do have that in mind . Its about getting the right balance , the ability to earn a living while not just being about earning money in the game but also the ability for people who put zero money into it a way to progress thru the game without needing to put much or any money in , albeit at a slower rate than those who are paying .

I am in a similar position thou , i have only studied using udemy coding/teach website courses , have done many different courses now and have made a few basic games, i can do the basic crap which is why funding would be beneficial and make it easier to create the things i know i cannot do at this stage and are more advanced . i have a small team willing to work on it but obviously would need more people of different skill levels and in different area to make it good enough to be popular

The game I am working on is relatively easy to build (at least that's what I am suspecting):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ML_nI88q3c9N9oVJjyaLeBM4RoDA6LDtgxPskmTFgB8/edit?usp=sharing
https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=483

The reasons are twofold:
1.: The game itself should be more about people interacting with each other, not necessarily through gameplay, but also outside of the game. It is supposed to be more a game of politics, if you will.
2.: This game is meant to be a proof of concept. As you can read in the linked thread, there are ideas how to create a bigger and more complex game, but at this point, I want to create a game, that is easy to understand and play to get the ball rolling.

As stated, I have no capacities to make it a reality, so I would greatly appreciate any help.
mcjavar

Activity: 784

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 11:20:37 PM

Where to see whether I am eligible for any bounty? Where to find the list?
monkeydong1

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 11:27:30 PM

lol i didn't play that much tbh , once you see that it is not really economically viable for even most players only the top few % then it becomes boring, i use to play all sorts of online games thou , all the way back to legend of mir, i use to play the economics of the games and become rich more than highly leveled thou , which is why i like crypto so much, similar sort of mechanics but with actual value

Hehe, it's just funny to read a lisk thread to me and see entropia being mentionned.

By the way, like the butterfly effect, it pushed me to do a sale thread for some of my assets in entropia.
I was serious Tongue.

jibble

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 11:47:40 PM

The game I am working on is relatively easy to build (at least that's what I am suspecting):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ML_nI88q3c9N9oVJjyaLeBM4RoDA6LDtgxPskmTFgB8/edit?usp=sharing
https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=483

The reasons are twofold:
1.: The game itself should be more about people interacting with each other, not necessarily through gameplay, but also outside of the game. It is supposed to be more a game of politics, if you will.
2.: This game is meant to be a proof of concept. As you can read in the linked thread, there are ideas how to create a bigger and more complex game, but at this point, I want to create a game, that is easy to understand and play to get the ball rolling.

As stated, I have no capacities to make it a reality, so I would greatly appreciate any help.

i have given it a fairly quick scan read and will read more after i post this. i would like to see this developed , the aspects you bring into it are really interesting and would be incredibly fun to play around with , it is complex in the whole political and subjective area of people and appeasement as a leader , or warring against other worlds .

i can see what you were saying about the fun aspect being over the financial incentive , My idea is more economically centered but mainly because i want to make a economy that mirrors reality and a game that mirrors reality in most economical aspects , which is why i am attempting to hopefully build a 90%+ free market economy that rules over the game . It might seem like it is only about the economy at first glance but the gameplay and fun aspect will be intertwined into it , it definitely needs to be fun , but i think the economical aspect allows for a more realistic and mutually beneficial to all players game

for a example

"gym leaders" most likely will not be called that for obvious reasons but to it can be explained in a term that most people undrstand.

they will be limited to 1 per "town" of people , the will be a torny every week or month which you can enter to become the gym leader , this earns you money the more people you fight .

This gives incentive for people to want to become the gym leader in their own town, this then leads to the creatures or monsters having their own value, because monsters allow you to win , which earns you money which is an incentive , so there is an active market created for monsters because they have income earning potential from owning them.

with breeding , this will like your game be connected to the blockchain or a certain period of time , from the birds and the bee's up until hatching , so they take time to hatch , there will be an advanced system of genetics in the game, eventually if you were a master breeder , you can eventually manage to breed a grass type monster with a fire type , and over 10-20 generations you have a grass type spitting out fire moves as well.

These advantages lead to people breeding and spending most of their time in game , breeding certain monsters for people who obviously don't have the time to do so and those who wish to battle and get income from fighting instead of breeding .

There will be a energy bar on the monsters , this wont be a severely debilitating feature, it will most likely be : full - starving , or i was thinking bloated - starving , bloated and starving give you - 5% of your skill power and attributes more negative for starving than bloated , being full would be the most efficient and strongest your monster could be . Now for people doing other things in the game , they would most likely leave the creature starving or bloated and go about whatever it is they want to do. But when fighting in any torny or to become a gym leader, they will want to be at absolute tip top shape , having the maximum benefit possible to win the battles they will take on.

This provides an economical incentive for food , it creates a market and a demand for food inside the game and gives the player benefits that allow them to potentially reach higher benefits .

There will be badges or something similar that can be collected , these will be used as entry into a weekly/ monthly torny that has a prize pool that the winner can get . gym leaders are unable to enter this , they already earn money what they are doing anyways.

Now while economically it looks as if its a mess or complicated or purely about money .

what has been created in a natural supply and demand model, not only is there a supply and demand model , but you have reached from the high end of the spectrum of the game I.E proving you are the best , all the way down to simply feeding your monsters and giving them the energy and advantage they need to win. you have created a way for people of all level in many different multiples of areas the ability to play the game , advance in their own unique way they want to play the game and allow them to be rewarded for how high or how much time they put into the game .

you can put a load of money into the game and buy the best monsters and train them up and throw money at the game to hopefully increase your chances of winning cash prizes , or to potentially earn a gym leader role.

or you can put absolutey nothing into the game , slowly over time begin by farming food , providing raw materials for people to build houses or other things in game , buy your own piece of land(which will have their own incentives and advantages that allow the production of value thus furthering economical incentive) perhaps increase your land over time slowly and build a potential farm for higher earnings that hunting down random in the wild foods .

or even begin by capturing as many different monsters as you possibly can and experimenting and honing your skills as a breeder of monsters , learning how to work to your advantage the genetics system and producing monsters that people will wish to buy for that extra advantage in game.

That is just a single example of economical incentive that reaches from the top to the bottom of the game and there will be potentially hundreds more different areas of the game that you can experience and perhaps try to master, Land ownership and prices will always be in flux, like in real life, if you end up being near a population dense area of town with a large amount of people hang out , your land will be more valuable and more people will wish to purchase it .

I think opening up the options in the game will bring the fun, the ability to do hundreds of different things that can earn you money while having fun the more you master it and spend your time doing so will earn you more profit , while the economical incentives and infrastructure will allow it to work and behave like a realistic semi real world economical model  
Blazin8888

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 11:56:39 PM

Any plans for a Darknet market running on a LISK sidechain yet?

Do you guys see a world where Ethereum and Lisk Co exist but are used by different people for different things?

What are some advantages of a sidechain?

What are some innovations that LISK has that other coins do not have?

- Thank you.
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 12:10:42 AM

Would this proposed darknet market have something to do with the chemical symbol of your avatar? Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

m33
Legendary

Activity: 1064

Never invest with borrowed coins

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 12:13:48 AM

Do you guys see a world where Ethereum and Lisk Co exist but are used by different people for different things?

What are some advantages of a sidechain?

What are some innovations that LISK has that other coins do not have?

- Thank you.

Anything can happen if you willing to put time into it

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

YOUR DIGITAL PRECIOUS METAL 
PoSP | BNP Masternodes | 65 Second block time
Bullion MarketPlace

Cryptopia | NovaExchange |
Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Blazin8888

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 12:14:29 AM

Would this proposed darknet market have something to do with the chemical symbol of your avatar? Smiley

of course not  Wink  

what would some advantages of creating a DNM on a LISK sidechain be ?

A decentralized WhatsApp type android DAPP would be nice as well...

also a decentralized torrent app where you get paid to upload and seed content ?
Starke

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 12:14:46 AM

Did als contributions me! I wonder why ? BTC
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 12:25:57 AM

LISK will be worth 3 -4 times as much over next 8 weeks

8 weeks, after halving? thats a safe forecast.
currently the price goes 65k and may goes under 50 later. those who have weak hands already dump lisks and move to waves already.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 ... 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 [1191] 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: