Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:03:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 [1195] 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073026 times)
fuze0000

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Enjoying the ups & downs of Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 09:32:43 AM

Well for starters you will be able to operate a darknet market outside of tor.
So you have just brought the mainstream internet users closer to a darknet market.
Cryptocurrency of choice would be LSK and it is basically a decentralized network.
The gov't officials would not be able to  stop them.
The value would increase because of the awareness just like how the silk road brought many to bitcoin in 2013 & 2014.
The more bapps/dapps on the Lisk sidechains then more ways to obscure LSK transactions.

This is a very interesting concept. Lisk would then prove to become very useful for developing not only decentralized apps (using JavaScript) but also, the ability to operate a darknet market within its blockchain. Imagine a darknet running on a blockchain, in which it will remain online as long as there is at least 1 node to keep the network alive. (in this case it is Lisk) It is a good thing to see the official launch for it, and I hope that it will become one of the top platform used by JavaScript developers worldwide.  Smiley

Does anyone believe that they have the JavaScript skills to develop this?
Btw look what I found: https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/comments/4lufc6/can_you_build_a_darknet_market_on_a_lisk_sidechain/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ensjovis

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 09:41:54 AM

Lisk could be vulnerable to cross chain scripting (XCS)
metropolit

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Lisk will be #1 alt in 2019.

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 09:54:04 AM

This is interesting, would there be any censorship by Lisk founders if such apps/markets grow on the Lisk blockchains?
Triqa

Activity: 77

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 09:57:04 AM

Lisk Vs Ethereum (ELI5 Version)

Lisk is awesome. I will hodl. (don´t want to miss the train  Wink )
Reavon

Activity: 374

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 10:00:53 AM

Can you give me more insight what do you exactly mean? Thanks in advance.

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
Scofield

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 10:02:47 AM

Why volume is decreasing each day?

Seems like there is just less attention for Lisk in general. Sell orders on Polo are at the ATH of 5.5m, while bid size decreased to only 1600 BTC now.
Profits are being taken, for new projects with potential higher returns (Waves, Rise).

Let's hope 60k will hold today, if not, there will be blood in the streets.
Pietpiraat

Activity: 326

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 10:06:23 AM

Seems like there is just less attention for Lisk in general. Sell orders on Polo are at the ATH of 5.5m, while bid size decreased to only 1600 BTC now.
Profits are being taken, for new projects with potential higher returns (Waves, Rise).

Ow really why would Rise and / or waves be better than Lisk ?
fuze0000

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 10:06:35 AM

This is interesting, would there be any censorship by Lisk founders if such apps/markets grow on the Lisk blockchains?
I highly doubt that.  It would be make Lisk just as regulated as Google play store and the Apple appstore.

A darknet market isn't illegal.  Only what you are selling can be considered illegal.
Remember the United States Navy created tor.  This can be also great for a decentralized webspace for exchanging of ideas and conspiracy theories, individuals that live in a tyrannical type gov't run and the internet is heavily regulated.  Remember Twitter does this now.

fuze0000

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 10:07:51 AM

Can you give me more insight what do you exactly mean? Thanks in advance.

Please elaborate.
tobsnn

Activity: 573

Bitcore BTX

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 10:13:52 AM

You can't compare them, each tech stand for its own. It's all about speculation, but lisk will grow like ethereum did/do. So be patient and make some big money or take small profit and flee in overbought waves & co

rocketron

Activity: 616
Merit: 300

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 10:22:53 AM

I totally agree with this, anyone in lisk right now should go long, and by long i mean 6+ months. you will get a good return. selling at current prices there is no point really.

You can't compare them, each tech stand for its own. It's all about speculation, but lisk will grow like ethereum did/do. So be patient and make some big money or take small profit and flee in overbought waves & co
herbitcoins

Activity: 78

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 10:55:20 AM

From lambo to limbo
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 11:11:56 AM

Do you guys think LISK will hit 200k SAT this year?

What are some advantages LISK has over Ethereum?

What are some advantages of running a dark net market on LISK sidechain?

What are your predictions for LISK price in the next 6 months?

Let me answer your questions throughly:

1. Maybe if Lisk gets noticed around in social media (and delivers something different than ETH)

2. As far as I can tell, I see no advantages over Ethereum. Both platforms are relatively the same.

3. None that I'm aware of.

4. My prediction for Lisk price in the next months would be near the $1 mark (around  $0.60 to $0.80 USD)

Still, I find myself Lisk very interesting in which it will prove to do so in the next days if all goes well  Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 11:12:24 AM

The game I am working on is relatively easy to build (at least that's what I am suspecting):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ML_nI88q3c9N9oVJjyaLeBM4RoDA6LDtgxPskmTFgB8/edit?usp=sharing
https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=483

The reasons are twofold:
1.: The game itself should be more about people interacting with each other, not necessarily through gameplay, but also outside of the game. It is supposed to be more a game of politics, if you will.
2.: This game is meant to be a proof of concept. As you can read in the linked thread, there are ideas how to create a bigger and more complex game, but at this point, I want to create a game, that is easy to understand and play to get the ball rolling.

As stated, I have no capacities to make it a reality, so I would greatly appreciate any help.

i have given it a fairly quick scan read and will read more after i post this. i would like to see this developed , the aspects you bring into it are really interesting and would be incredibly fun to play around with , it is complex in the whole political and subjective area of people and appeasement as a leader , or warring against other worlds .

i can see what you were saying about the fun aspect being over the financial incentive , My idea is more economically centered but mainly because i want to make a economy that mirrors reality and a game that mirrors reality in most economical aspects , which is why i am attempting to hopefully build a 90%+ free market economy that rules over the game . It might seem like it is only about the economy at first glance but the gameplay and fun aspect will be intertwined into it , it definitely needs to be fun , but i think the economical aspect allows for a more realistic and mutually beneficial to all players game

for a example

"gym leaders" most likely will not be called that for obvious reasons but to it can be explained in a term that most people undrstand.

they will be limited to 1 per "town" of people , the will be a torny every week or month which you can enter to become the gym leader , this earns you money the more people you fight .

This gives incentive for people to want to become the gym leader in their own town, this then leads to the creatures or monsters having their own value, because monsters allow you to win , which earns you money which is an incentive , so there is an active market created for monsters because they have income earning potential from owning them.

with breeding , this will like your game be connected to the blockchain or a certain period of time , from the birds and the bee's up until hatching , so they take time to hatch , there will be an advanced system of genetics in the game, eventually if you were a master breeder , you can eventually manage to breed a grass type monster with a fire type , and over 10-20 generations you have a grass type spitting out fire moves as well.

These advantages lead to people breeding and spending most of their time in game , breeding certain monsters for people who obviously don't have the time to do so and those who wish to battle and get income from fighting instead of breeding .

There will be a energy bar on the monsters , this wont be a severely debilitating feature, it will most likely be : full - starving , or i was thinking bloated - starving , bloated and starving give you - 5% of your skill power and attributes more negative for starving than bloated , being full would be the most efficient and strongest your monster could be . Now for people doing other things in the game , they would most likely leave the creature starving or bloated and go about whatever it is they want to do. But when fighting in any torny or to become a gym leader, they will want to be at absolute tip top shape , having the maximum benefit possible to win the battles they will take on.

This provides an economical incentive for food , it creates a market and a demand for food inside the game and gives the player benefits that allow them to potentially reach higher benefits .

There will be badges or something similar that can be collected , these will be used as entry into a weekly/ monthly torny that has a prize pool that the winner can get . gym leaders are unable to enter this , they already earn money what they are doing anyways.

Now while economically it looks as if its a mess or complicated or purely about money .

what has been created in a natural supply and demand model, not only is there a supply and demand model , but you have reached from the high end of the spectrum of the game I.E proving you are the best , all the way down to simply feeding your monsters and giving them the energy and advantage they need to win. you have created a way for people of all level in many different multiples of areas the ability to play the game , advance in their own unique way they want to play the game and allow them to be rewarded for how high or how much time they put into the game .

you can put a load of money into the game and buy the best monsters and train them up and throw money at the game to hopefully increase your chances of winning cash prizes , or to potentially earn a gym leader role.

or you can put absolutey nothing into the game , slowly over time begin by farming food , providing raw materials for people to build houses or other things in game , buy your own piece of land(which will have their own incentives and advantages that allow the production of value thus furthering economical incentive) perhaps increase your land over time slowly and build a potential farm for higher earnings that hunting down random in the wild foods .

or even begin by capturing as many different monsters as you possibly can and experimenting and honing your skills as a breeder of monsters , learning how to work to your advantage the genetics system and producing monsters that people will wish to buy for that extra advantage in game.

That is just a single example of economical incentive that reaches from the top to the bottom of the game and there will be potentially hundreds more different areas of the game that you can experience and perhaps try to master, Land ownership and prices will always be in flux, like in real life, if you end up being near a population dense area of town with a large amount of people hang out , your land will be more valuable and more people will wish to purchase it .

I think opening up the options in the game will bring the fun, the ability to do hundreds of different things that can earn you money while having fun the more you master it and spend your time doing so will earn you more profit , while the economical incentives and infrastructure will allow it to work and behave like a realistic semi real world economical model  

This all sounds very interesting, but I have the feeling that this thread is not the right place to discuss stuff like that in-depth, because it gets lost between all the other posts. Maybe we should move it somewhere else? Like a "Lisk games – general discussion" thread on the Lisk forum, or a channel in the Lisk chat?
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 11:18:07 AM

Do you guys think LISK will hit 200k SAT this year?

What are some advantages LISK has over Ethereum?

What are some advantages of running a dark net market on LISK sidechain?

What are your predictions for LISK price in the next 6 months?

Let me answer your questions throughly:

1. Maybe if Lisk gets noticed around in social media (and delivers something different than ETH)

2. As far as I can tell, I see no advantages over Ethereum. Both platforms are relatively the same.

3. None that I'm aware of.

4. My prediction for Lisk price in the next months would be near the $1 mark (around  $0.60 to $0.80 USD)

Still, I find myself Lisk very interesting in which it will prove to do so in the next days if all goes well  Grin

2. The advantages stated most of the time are Lisks language being javascript, thus being easier to get into and the fact, that it uses sidechains rather than storing all smart contracts on the mainchain.
The sidechain thing is good for two reasons: It keeps the mainchain from becoming a bloated monster and security issues of the associated applications only affect the sidechain, not the system as a whole.
But to be honest, I'm sure that Ethereum will at some point develop sidechains as well.

I personally would add the 101 delegates thing. At this point, it is more or less a social experiment and we will see how it works out, but I think I prefer it over classic PoW, because it doesn't waste tons of energy for basically nothing and the Lisk holders have a say in who they trust enough to secure their network. If you look at Bitcoin, you have a de-facto centralization of the network due to some big miners putting massive amounts of hashing power into it. Now, whether or not DPoS is a solution, I don't know, we will need to see, but I think it's not worse Smiley
freemind1
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 11:31:38 AM

Hi guys, here I leave you some links in which I explain my projects, I hope you like and receive your vote:

Freemind for active delegate

Project liskfunds.com

My delegate name is freemind.

Thanks for your time.
ibrahim11

Activity: 777

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 11:32:17 AM

How come LISK is the only (top volume) coin that has not risen within past 24hrs on poloniex?
someonesomeone

Activity: 933

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 11:32:56 AM

They aren't Smiley

Ow really why would Rise and / or waves be better than Lisk ?
bitbitch

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 11:33:15 AM

Lisk is an attempt at market disruption. if it works (i.e. app developers see its potential to increase their profits) it will be big.
someonesomeone

Activity: 933

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 11:34:08 AM

Because all of the others were falling already when Lisk still held its ground... Now the others look to be going up considering the low values of yesterday.

How come LISK is the only (top volume) coin that has not risen within past 24hrs on poloniex?
Pages: « 1 ... 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 [1195] 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: