Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:07:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 [603] 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073045 times)
Isolani159

Activity: 478
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 02:32:10 PM

Market will give us answer

Thank you Smiley

it will be released on yobit right ? or ?

It will probably be listed on a lot larger exchanges than yobit, such as Poloniex and Bittrex, maybe even larger?

What's larger than Poloniex?
Yuanbaohui of Chinese in the past had much higher volume than poloniex but now it's not!

nothing gonna stop us now
BlockChainr

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 02:38:06 PM

At what price will lisk be released please ?

People are buying cheap Lisk under 0.006 on YoBit by the buckets.

Lisk will launch on other exchanges between 0.008 & 0.010
(If BTC maintains current level)

GreenMatrix

Activity: 545
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 02:39:59 PM

Hi guys where can i buy lisk ? any exchanger ?
on yobit trading future after the release of the coins

https://yobit.net/ru/trade/LISK/BTC

Yes, wait for release and buy real LISK later on. Smiley

Max please tell me what the exchange Lisk will be released in the first day ??

And most importantly to Lisk from the first day trading at Poloniex

Will Lisk on Poleniex Huh

Thank you!
Smiley

I can't say on which exchanges Lisk will be available on at launch. You also don't publish announcements about your broker, right? Smiley

Maybe the exchanges will announce it after we announce the launch date, because then they know if they are available at that day.
Great info!!! Wink
PPan

Activity: 183

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 02:52:20 PM

Yobit prices are not real, there is no offer, but high demand.
I think, Lisk will be 10-20 times cheaper.

⚫️⚫️⚫️ BlockPool.io  |        • Resources   • Website   • Slack
⚫️⚫️⚫️ BlockPool.io  |   Real World B2B Blockchain solutions  |   Join the TEC - May 1st - Jun 30th
⚫️⚫️⚫️ BlockPool.io  |                                                                 • Twitter   • Blog   • Facebook
MetalEngine
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1022

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 02:52:31 PM

Release date come soon : good :-).
When?
PPan

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 02:53:05 PM

When?

Not before end of this month.

⚫️⚫️⚫️ BlockPool.io  |   Real World B2B Blockchain solutions  |   Join the TEC - May 1st - Jun 30th
⚫️⚫️⚫️ BlockPool.io  |                                                                 • Twitter   • Blog   • Facebook
MetalEngine
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1022

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 02:53:46 PM

When?

Not before end of this month.
In may?
PPan

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 02:55:19 PM

Possibly, only Oliver & Max know it.

MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 02:57:40 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2016, 04:02:37 PM by MalReynolds

So how much money do users get from these delegates? If someone have 10,000 lisk how much is your share per month? If that is a good amount of $$ then very few people will sell.

Some people calculated that it will range from 10.000 to 250.000 a year so people will be scamming and scheming all over the place to get those spots.
Its a horrible Idea but none seems to care.

I care.  A lot.  I am trying my best to see that there are no sock puppets or scams in the mainnet by obtaining background information on testnet delegates.  I'm a snoopy, nosey guy that reads too many detective crime novels ( not to mention zerohedge.com ) and so I have a natural suspicion about EVERYBODY.  Follow my efforts at the links below, and newer spreadsheets I will release for mainnet once Lisk is launched...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bs7njoJwBTO31H2GJoWopNKKpAtggixsbZZiSIxQkRk/edit

Or maybe you're talking about the apparent high amounts of real money involved in being a delegate.   Hey, I have always advocated that Lisk be a zero-inflation, volunteer delegate coin.  But if there's money on the table, then I am going after my fair share.  That's why I am a testnet Active Delegate to prove I can do the job, and why I hope to be a Active Delegate on mainnet.  Please vote for me!

Max wanted to motivate people to set up nodes to solve a non-participation problem at Crypti (for the record, I was one of the few Crypti community Active Delegates, too). Well, the reward motivation structure he set up has solved that Crypti problem.  We've now got over 1300+ Standby Delegates  trying to get a top 101 Active Delegate spot - and that's just on TESTNET.   I really wonder just how many of those 1300+ realize they've got to download and setup specialized delegate software on a VPS server with their own http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd address - and how many have actually done so?

Just because the absolute numbers suddenly look like they're going to get very large doesn't mean that things are not going according to plan or have become a horrible idea.  It means that the intended motivation just gets that much stronger (and the expenses that much higher)  for 101 people to do a VERY good job in securing a coin blockchain worth hundreds of millions of dollars.  SECURING THE BLOCKCHAIN IS THE PRIME JOB of an Active Delegate, NOT running charity giveaways and vote participation faucets.

When Max set up Lisk, he decided 4M Lisk was fair compensation for the two main Lisk devs.  He also decided that 150K Lisk or 3.75% of the Dev reward was also fair compensation to an individual for their work AND EXPENSES to secure the Lisk blockchain for its first year.  And that motivating reward for running the Lisk internet backbone drops every year until year five , like an accelerated Bitcoin halving event.  

Meanwhile, the expenses  for running the Lisk internet backbone are probably only going up up up in years to come.  DDoS protection like Lisk is gonna need doesn't come cheap.  Don't start criticizing the fat stacks held by delegates before there is a true cost estimate and budget of just what it is going to take to create and run the internet backbone this growing monster called Lisk is ultimately going to need.
aDAPPter

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 02:58:54 PM

I just hope Lisk gets listed before Lisk devs start using the $6M ICO after launch for marketing.

I missed out on the ICO and I've been saving my BTC all this time to pick Lisk as soon as it launches and before the media catches on.

bitbitch

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 03:09:47 PM

So how much money do users get from these delegates? If someone have 10,000 lisk how much is your share per month? If that is a good amount of $$ then very few people will sell.

Some people calculated that it will range from 10.000 to 250.000 a year so people will be scamming and scheming all over the place to get those spots.

I care.  A lot.  I am trying my best to see that there are no sock puppets or scams in the mainnet by obtaining background information on testnet delegates.  I'm a snoopy, nosey guy that reads too many detective crime novels ( not to mention zerohedge.com )and so I have a natural suspicion about EVERYBODY.  Follow my efforts at the links below, and newer spreadsheets I will release for mainnet once Lisk is launched...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bs7njoJwBTO31H2GJoWopNKKpAtggixsbZZiSIxQkRk/edit

Or maybe you're talking about the apparent high amounts of real money involved in being a delegate.   Hey, I have always advocated that Lisk be a zero-inflation, volunteer delegate coin.  But if there's money on the table, then I am going after my fair share.  That's why I am a testnet delegate to prove I can do the job, and why I hope to be a Active Delegate on mainnet.  Please vote for me!

Max wanted to motivate people to set up nodes to solve a non-participation problem at Crypti.  Well, the reward motivation structure he set up has solved that Crypti problem.  We've got  got over 1300+ Standby Delegates  trying to get a top 101 Active Delegate spot - and that's just on TESTNET.   I really wonder just how many of those 1300+ realize they've got to download and setup specialized delegate software on a VPS server with their own http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd address - and how many have actually done so?

When Max set up Lisk, he decided 4M Lisk was fair compensation for the two main Lisk devs.  He also decided that 150K Lisk or 3.75% of the Dev reward was also fair compensation to an individual for their work to secure the Lisk blockchain for its first year.   Just because the absolute numbers are apparently going to get very large doesn't mean that things are not going according to plan or have become a horrible idea.  It means that the intended motivation just gets that much stronger for 101 people to do a VERY good job in securing a coin blockchain worth hundreds of millions of dollars - the PRIME JOB of an Active Delegate.

why don't you just PM the people and ask them straight up?
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 03:09:59 PM

As mentioned before, might be good for LISK overall, but bad for the price as it really looks like BTC is starting it's halving run.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
axlroses

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 03:14:09 PM

launch date at summer 2016  Cool
cannabanana

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 03:15:51 PM

I care.  A lot.  I am trying my best to see that there are no sock puppets or scams in the mainnet by obtaining background information on testnet delegates.  I'm a snoopy, nosey guy that reads too many detective crime novels ( not to mention zerohedge.com )and so I have a natural suspicion about EVERYBODY.  Follow my efforts at the links below, and newer spreadsheets I will release for mainnet once Lisk is launched...

Or maybe you're talking about the apparent high amounts of real money involved in being a delegate.   Hey, I have always advocated that Lisk be a zero-inflation, volunteer delegate coin.  But if there's money on the table, then I am going after my fair share.  That's why I am a testnet delegate to prove I can do the job, and why I hope to be a Active Delegate on mainnet.  Please vote for me!

Max wanted to motivate people to set up nodes to solve a non-participation problem at Crypti.  Well, the reward motivation structure he set up has solved that Crypti problem.  We've got  got over 1300+ Standby Delegates  trying to get a top 101 Active Delegate spot - and that's just on TESTNET.   I really wonder just how many of those 1300+ realize they've got to download and setup specialized delegate software on a VPS server with their own http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd address - and how many have actually done so?

When Max set up Lisk, he decided 4M Lisk was fair compensation for the two main Lisk devs.  He also decided that 150K Lisk or 3.75% of the Dev reward was also fair compensation to an individual for their work to secure the Lisk blockchain for its first year.   Just because the absolute numbers are apparently going to get very large doesn't mean that things are not going according to plan or have become a horrible idea.  It means that the intended motivation just gets that much stronger for 101 people to do a VERY good job in securing a coin blockchain worth hundreds of millions of dollars - the PRIME JOB of an Active Delegate.

why would he do that?  It's not him that has to show that everyone else is motivated.  It's up to YOU if you want to become a delegate to become proactive.  It's not Mals job to seek you out and see if you are ready for the challenge.

If anyone wanted a delegate spot all they had to do was hang out in the chat room every day and I guarantee you would have had a 101 delegate spot because you have been promoting and gaining support the whole time. 

If you are complaining now then you are in the wrong.  EVERYONE had a chance to do this and it's nobody elses fault but your own if you do not get selected as a delegate. The first 2 weeks after the ICO there were literally less than 50 nodes up so ANYONE had a chance if they were interested in lisk enough.

just my 2 sat.
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 03:17:18 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2016, 03:42:21 PM by MalReynolds

Interesting idea.   If I PMed 1200+ people and asked straight up, I wonder how many "Yeah, I set up a bunch of 2016 newbie BCT accounts and I'm currently running four testnet nodes under four different names" responses I would get?

If you are complaining now then you are in the wrong.  EVERYONE had a chance to do this and it's nobody elses fault but your own if you do not get selected as a delegate. The first 2 weeks after the ICO there were literally less than 50 nodes up so ANYONE had a chance if they were interested in lisk enough.

I very much agree with this point, as I expressed below before making several major posts trying to get more people to show up for testnet delegate duty:

People actually running a delegate are just doing so for test purpose right? I got lost a little bit Grin
thats my understanding, so i didnt bother with it.

Big mistake.  Running a test net node is a reputation building exercise to get votes when you start your main net node.  Those who wait will be lost in a sea of me-too Standby Delegates at launch.
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 03:29:54 PM

Is there a simple, (ELI5-esque) explaination of the differences between Crypti and Lisk.  I know the brief history of the two.  Specifically, what I want to know is when the original Crypti project was forked, what improvements and changes were made to make Lisk a different coin?

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
crilleaz

Activity: 236

★ Always strive for the best ★

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 03:39:04 PM

My name is Crilleaz and I am the owner of LiskFaucets.com. https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=414

I am here to become a delegate. My server is run via Vultr (WON'T use the $5 server when mainnet launches) to ensure the best possible uptime and quality and I am already optimizing the security. SSH keys, firewall and Fail2Ban to start with. I will do everything to ensure a safe environment for Lisk and will work with experts on this field, like wannabe (http://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=403).

What will I do with the funds I receive?
50% will go towards my faucets. It will be my way to give back to the community. Furthermore, 10% will be used for Lisk marketing on this forum. These funds will make it possible to give out higher rewards towards early supporters of Lisk.

Please vote for me now - on the testnet, and when the mainnet launches.

My delegate name is LiskFaucets. My address is 12596390308945516244L. Current rank: 1317.

what is your faucet?
sorry, i saw it. That is a good site. Will vote for you in mainnet.

Great, thank you! If I'm a delegate, the rewards can go really high. My main goal is to give back to the Lisk community.

LiskFaucets. The hub and rotator for Lisk faucets. Overview faucets | RotatorReferral generator
Vote for 'liskfaucets' as delegate so we can ensure higher faucet rewards!
cannabanana

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 03:42:28 PM

My name is Crilleaz and I am the owner of LiskFaucets.com. https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=414

I am here to become a delegate. My server is run via Vultr (WON'T use the $5 server when mainnet launches) to ensure the best possible uptime and quality and I am already optimizing the security. SSH keys, firewall and Fail2Ban to start with. I will do everything to ensure a safe environment for Lisk and will work with experts on this field, like wannabe (http://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=403).

What will I do with the funds I receive?
50% will go towards my faucets. It will be my way to give back to the community. Furthermore, 10% will be used for Lisk marketing on this forum. These funds will make it possible to give out higher rewards towards early supporters of Lisk.

Please vote for me now - on the testnet, and when the mainnet launches.

My delegate name is LiskFaucets. My address is 12596390308945516244L. Current rank: 1317.

what is your faucet?
sorry, i saw it. That is a good site. Will vote for you in mainnet.

Great, thank you! If I'm a delegate, the rewards can go really high. My main goal is to give back to the Lisk community.

Make sure to ask after mainnet launches for donations for your lisk faucet.  I'll donate some at that time.
DM0000

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 03:44:37 PM

The way things are going we're 1 to 2 updates away from the Lisk launch.  So between 9 to 19 days away.

We need time to see how the network runs after each update. There is a lot of information to be learned on the
https://lisk.chat/home
bitbitch

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 03:46:01 PM

why would he do that?  It's not him that has to show that everyone else is motivated.  It's up to YOU if you want to become a delegate to become proactive.  It's not Mals job to seek you out and see if you are ready for the challenge.

If anyone wanted a delegate spot all they had to do was hang out in the chat room every day and I guarantee you would have had a 101 delegate spot because you have been promoting and gaining support the whole time.  

If you are complaining now then you are in the wrong.  EVERYONE had a chance to do this and it's nobody elses fault but your own if you do not get selected as a delegate. The first 2 weeks after the ICO there were literally less than 50 nodes up so ANYONE had a chance if they were interested in lisk enough.

just my 2 sat.

"by obtaining background information" - so also ask, and if it doesn't match up with the "background information" it's an indication that something may be 'off'.

i try hard not to see myself as merely a Lisk bag holder. i worked on a node for two weeks using Phoenix1969's notes, Joel's Academy guide, Mal's 'cheat sheet', and i'm now preparing to try Phoenix's latest YouTube video. wish me luck ;-)
Pages: « 1 ... 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 [603] 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: