Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:00:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 [1264] 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073046 times)
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 10:12:01 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2016, 10:22:04 PM by FandangledGizmo

Over 30 percent of all Lisk is in Poloniex's wallet. Does concern me a bit.

I mean, I don't think they would vote, but with people probably having their lisk laying in wallets they don't intend to touch for a long time and lazy people, holding 30% could be close to 51, when it comes down to voting power.

If Polo gets hacked and someone gets their hands on that wallet, the Lisk network as a whole would be in great danger…

In the early stages I think LSKHQ should make a list of who they believe are trustworthy, valuable delegates, that besides their other activities also share some of their profits, as well as simple instructions how to vote for them. (I'm not sure this can be done via the web wallet?)

1/2 of the 15% inflation going to profit sharing would be 7.5% p.a, given less than 1/2 of LSK will probably vote that means >15% interest per year for those that remove LSK from exchanges and vote, in the process decentralizing LSK and supporting delegates that are also adding value to LSK in other ways.

As the delegate system matures, LSKHQ can stop making a recommendation list for those that want to vote but don't have time to vet 101 delegates.

(A recommendation list from a centralized source like LiskHQ may sound counter-intuitive but given we're reliant on LISKHQ for the first 1-2 years of development, we're pretty reliant on them anyway. So I think anything that simplifies the process and gets people to remove their LSK from exchanges and start to participate in voting is positive at this stage.)
LiskKing

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 10:20:08 PM

I see a future in which DELEGATES are very valuable targets! They will make movies where DELEGATES are kidnapped and held for ransom..
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 10:23:11 PM

I see a future in which DELEGATES are very valuable targets! They will make movies where DELEGATES are kidnapped and held for ransom..

Delegates can in theory be rapidly fired and replaced if there is suspicion they are compromised. 
TravelsAsia

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 10:29:45 PM

I mean, I don't think they would vote, but with people probably having their lisk laying in wallets they don't intend to touch for a long time and lazy people, holding 30% could be close to 51, when it comes down to voting power.

If Polo gets hacked and someone gets their hands on that wallet, the Lisk network as a whole would be in great danger…

In the early stages I think LSKHQ should make a list of who they believe are trustworthy, valuable delegates, that besides their other activities also share some of their profits, as well as simple instructions how to vote for them. (I'm not sure this can be done via the web wallet?)

1/2 of the 15% inflation going to profit sharing would be 7.5% p.a, given less than 1/2 of LSK will probably vote that means >15% interest per year for those that remove LSK from exchanges and vote, in the process decentralizing LSK and supporting delegates that are also adding value to LSK in other ways.

As the delegate system matures, LSKHQ can stop making a recommendation list for those that want to vote but don't have time to vet 101 delegates.

(A recommendation list from a centralized source like LiskHQ may sound counter-intuitive but given we're reliant on LISKHQ for the first 1-2 years of development, we're pretty reliant on them anyway. So I think anything that simplifies the process and gets people to remove their LSK from exchanges and start to participate in voting is positive at this stage.)

I would prefer LISKHQ stay out of the recommendation business.  As we saw with BitShares, voting participation is more difficult than I would guess most people feel in this thread. Strong leaders will emerge.
TravelsAsia

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 10:32:13 PM

Even it is the ICO price, its not low for a coin that is not even 2 weeks old. It has a volume 24/h more than litecoin. On poloniex its the number 1 rival of Ethereum. It has a marketcap like Dash. It is in the top 10 coins for a currency that is 2 weeks old.

Just have some faith and hodl.

good to remind us sometimes  Cool

Don´t panik!
Unless you are´nt a experienced Daytrader don´t sell!
Look at the first day´s/weeks/months of ETH.
As I said: unless you are´nt an experienced Daytrader , turn off your Computer, and come back in 3 to 6 weeks. You´ll be fine. Wink

For experienced day traders, Lisk has been incredible.
bubilas

Activity: 705
Merit: 573

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 10:32:17 PM

Do you agree Max and Oliver used them 8 millions and 4 millions bounty to vote for delegates?(it does not matter, their own or others)
just take a part in voting, thanks

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 10:43:33 PM

I don't exactly understand what you mean.
Do you mean whether I think they did vote with their Lisk, or do you mean whether they should do it?
fuze0000

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Enjoying the ups & downs of Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 10:52:06 PM

Awesomeness!  I would watch that movie!
The LISK Wars! DPOS for life!
BoldNinja

Activity: 1806
Merit: 515

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 11:05:04 PM

Nice post . I can help you with voting instructions :

witch

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 11:27:00 PM

Why would I want to give a lisk away, the .1 lisk fee is high enough for withdraws.
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 11:36:04 PM

Why would I want to give a lisk away, the .1 lisk fee is high enough for withdraws.

Thanks BoldNinja, great simple, clear instructions.

@witch some of those delegates are using LSK inflation to work on development or apps that will add value to LSK so your investment will benefit from voting for good delegates. Some are also profit sharing delegates who give some of the inflation they earn back to people that vote for them. Some are a combination of both.
So you can earn much more than the 1 LSK fee by voting.
kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 12:03:46 AM

How much lisk do you make by voting?
Bl4ckw00d

Activity: 810

https://ironx.io IRONX

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 12:24:36 AM

How much lisk do you make by voting?

You don't necessarily make any lisk by voting.  If you vote for a delegate that has forge sharing as part of his platform you could be entitled to a % of whatever is earned by forging by that delegate if you are one of his voters.  There are plenty of delegates with many different ideas and projects.  Some may appeal to you more then others.

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
stan26

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 12:42:13 AM

Some delegates will run forging pools which means they will distribute some Lisk that they forge to users who voted for them.

cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 12:58:50 AM

Some delegates will run forging pools which means they will distribute some Lisk that they forge to users who voted for them.

Na, I rather hold my Lisk on Polo.  Grin

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
vhong

Activity: 361

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:05:40 AM

Na, I rather hold my Lisk on Polo.  Grin

Of course, it's your own free will to do whatever you want with your Lisk and no one pressuring you to vote on any delegates.
JanDzban

Activity: 423

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 02:22:05 AM

Is there any topic or list of delegates where they show what they offer for voting? I mean in 1 place, clear, w/o any other posts or comments. TIA

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Equalizer1970

Activity: 623

Fortune favours the bold!

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 02:31:42 AM

My vote is up for buying. Inbox me if you are delegate that shares forging and let me know how it will work.
okane

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 03:03:24 AM

Is there any topic or list of delegates where they show what they offer for voting? I mean in 1 place, clear, w/o any other posts or comments. TIA

Yes id like to see that too.  So many posts about vote for me and ill vote for you.  I havent voted for anyone but if there was a consice list with what they offer I would.
elitecstrike

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 03:16:44 AM

hope the forging with delegates begin soon
Pages: « 1 ... 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 [1264] 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: