Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:21:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 [1450] 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073026 times)
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 07:07:36 PM

we need decentralized torrenting.
https://torrentfreak.com/feds-seize-kickasstorrents-domains-charge-owner-160720/

can lisk help with this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dextronomous

Activity: 428
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 07:21:56 PM

hi guys,
whatsup with xcrypti, why no blockchain, why github down also on crypti,
website shows links to partnership with sia coin, and wings dev mr. popov, thanks.

no one responding, are any off the coins on those xcrypti exhcanges withdrawable?
peace out.
MrPresident

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Think or swim.

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2016, 07:22:11 PM

https://torrentfreak.com/feds-seize-kickasstorrents-domains-charge-owner-160720/

can lisk help with this?
Indeed it would be a fairly easy dapp to dev with pure javascript... BUT I can't recommend or openly promote illegal activities on the lisk network. _cough cough, drops the microphone_

Develop Custom Decentralized Blockchain Applications in JavaScript with LISK!
   Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 07:33:42 PM

can lisk help with this?
Indeed it would be a fairly easy dapp to dev with pure javascript... BUT I can't recommend or openly promote illegal activities on the lisk network. _cough cough, drops the microphone_

There are a lot of legitimate uses for torrenting so there would be nothing illegal about making a client.  How people use it is up to them.
Poly#Crypto

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 07:40:49 PM

Malreynolds.... Thanks for the post. Yes, it has been a real challenge to keep testnet up and running.

I really need votes. I Provide eleven public portals for Liskers to use:

lisk.linkspage.online
liskwallet.io
fastwallet.online
fastwallet2.online
fastwallet3.online
fastwallet4.online
fastwallet5.online
Testwallet.online
Testwallet2.online
Testwallet3.online
Testwallet4.online

It takes a-lot of time and effort to keep so many nodes synced, man the chat-rooms, and keep the website current; especially on testnet. I've been here dedicated since the beginning and can't seem to get enough votes to crack "the 101" so any votes you guys can throw me would be of great help. Thanks.
Phoenix1969

In chat and the forum you're the User Phoenix1969?

If so, I have voted for you. Great supporter

Yep, that's me... and thanks!  Currently ranked 217

Currently ranked 263  Tongue  But I stay cool and will continue to support Lisk - regardless of my delegate rank.

ottobene

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 08:32:46 PM

Once again i convinced that MalReynolds is not accidental in LISK. He has the ability to organize people and wisely explain some difficult moments
Skyrik

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

ICONOMI Supporter

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 08:38:06 PM

how soon can we forging?
FredDag

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 08:40:32 PM

I wish Mal Reynolds is here more often,i always like to hear when he is sayin something.

Hey, thanks.  I appreciate that.  I will try and post on here more often.  I have been active in other areas of Lisk, stuff I will talk about in future posts here.

Today, please let me talk about something I think is very important.  

Right now Oliver is operating 101 identical genesis servers to run the Lisk mainnet

https://explorer.lisk.io/delegateMonitor

This is a necessary evil while improved Lisk code is being written (version 0.4.0)  The 0.4.0 version hopefully will be stable enough after testing that Oliver will turn off the Genesis machines, forging rewards will start, and the Lisk mainnet will be start to be run by 101 community-elected DPoS (Delegated Proof of Stake) Active Delegates.

For now, hopeful delegates are practicing their node operating skills over on the Lisk testnet

https://testnet-explorer.lisk.io/delegateMonitor

This is an expensive way to practice.  It costs all these folks (including me) money out of their own pocket to run these testnet servers, which are generating "test Lisk forging rewards" with no real value.  

This is also a very frustrating way to practice.  The current Lisk code is very challenging to operate.  While the network endures, individual nodes must be laboriously resynchronized often with procedures that can be very time-consuming.

Many people have given up due to expense and frustration and are no longer maintaining their testnet nodes.  You can see them in the list above as having red dots and / or low productivity percentages beside their names.

SOME PEOPLE HAVE SHOWN THE DEDICATION (GENERALLY SPEAKING, HIGH PRODUCTIVITY PERCENTAGES BESIDE THEIR NAMES) TO CONTINUE RUNNING LISK TESTNET NODES WEEK AFTER WEEK.  

THESE PEOPLE ARE WORTHY OF YOUR VOTE TODAY.  

THESE PEOPLE SHOULD BE CONSIDERED AS A CHOICE FOR DPoS ACTIVE DELEGATES TO RUN THE LISK MAINNET IN THE MONTHS AND YEARS TO COME.

area
atreides
axente
bacobob
bangomatic_test
bigfisher
bioly
cad789@testnet
cannabananadelegate
carolina
cc001
cointrader83
corsaro
crodam
cryptobase
cryptostorms_test
dafricash_test
densmirnov
devasive
digitron.testnet
diplo
distro_testnet
djselery
eclipsun
fixcrypt
freeze
goldeneye
gordo
gr33ndrag0n
grajson_test
gregorst
grumlin
hmachado
hoop
hua
isabella
jasmine
joel
lamar
liskit
liskpools
litcoincollector
malreynolds
metal494
mobgod
mrfrismint
mrv
nerigal
ntelo
odsejen
ondin
ottobene
pawart
phoenix1969
popcornbag
ppan
qbanow
rado
redsn0w
redux
rmelo
samuray
sgdias
shinotestnet
slasheks
sonobit
splatters
staticinstance
stoner19
techbytes
theredhawk
testfreemind
tharude_testnet
thrice.pi_prometheus
traderbill
vega
vi1son
vipertkd
vo1d
vrlc92
wannabe_rotebaron
will
xujian

DELEGATED PROOF OF STAKE (DPoS) FOR LISK ONLY WORKS IF YOU VOTE.  

HERE IS A LIST OF INDIVIDUALS WORTHY OF YOUR VOTE, AND WHY.

PLEASE GO TO THE MAINNET LISK ONLINE WALLET AT https://login.lisk.io/ AND CAST YOUR VOTE FOR YOUR CHOICE OF DPoS STANDBY DELEGATES TO EVENTUALLY REPLACE OLIVER'S GENESIS MACHINES.    

THANKS!

Feel free to add my delegate "freddag" to that list.

Not sure why it was excluded.... My productivity on TestNet is higher than some of these above.
Axente

Activity: 279

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 08:59:03 PM

I wish Mal Reynolds is here more often,i always like to hear when he is sayin something.

Hey, thanks.  I appreciate that.  I will try and post on here more often.  I have been active in other areas of Lisk, stuff I will talk about in future posts here.

Today, please let me talk about something I think is very important.  

Right now Oliver is operating 101 identical genesis servers to run the Lisk mainnet

This is a necessary evil while improved Lisk code is being written (version 0.4.0)  The 0.4.0 version hopefully will be stable enough after testing that Oliver will turn off the Genesis machines, forging rewards will start, and the Lisk mainnet will be start to be run by 101 community-elected DPoS (Delegated Proof of Stake) Active Delegates.

For now, hopeful delegates are practicing their node operating skills over on the Lisk testnet

This is an expensive way to practice.  It costs all these folks (including me) money out of their own pocket to run these testnet servers, which are generating "test Lisk forging rewards" with no real value.  

This is also a very frustrating way to practice.  The current Lisk code is very challenging to operate.  While the network endures, individual nodes must be laboriously resynchronized often with procedures that can be very time-consuming.

Many people have given up due to expense and frustration and are no longer maintaining their testnet nodes.  You can see them in the list above as having red dots and / or low productivity percentages beside their names.

SOME PEOPLE HAVE SHOWN THE DEDICATION (GENERALLY SPEAKING, HIGH PRODUCTIVITY PERCENTAGES BESIDE THEIR NAMES) TO CONTINUE RUNNING LISK TESTNET NODES WEEK AFTER WEEK.  

THESE PEOPLE SHOULD BE CONSIDERED AS A CHOICE FOR DPoS ACTIVE DELEGATES TO RUN THE LISK MAINNET IN THE MONTHS AND YEARS TO COME.

area
atreides
axente
bacobob
bangomatic_test
bigfisher
bioly
cad789@testnet
cannabananadelegate
carolina
cc001
cointrader83
corsaro
crodam
cryptobase
cryptostorms_test
dafricash_test
densmirnov
devasive
digitron.testnet
diplo
distro_testnet
djselery
eclipsun
fixcrypt
freeze
goldeneye
gordo
gr33ndrag0n
grajson_test
gregorst
grumlin
hmachado
hoop
hua
isabella
jasmine
joel
lamar
liskit
liskpools
litcoincollector
malreynolds
metal494
mobgod
mrfrismint
mrv
nerigal
ntelo
odsejen
ondin
ottobene
pawart
phoenix1969
popcornbag
ppan
qbanow
rado
redsn0w
redux
rmelo
samuray
sgdias
shinotestnet
slasheks
sonobit
splatters
staticinstance
stoner19
techbytes
theredhawk
testfreemind
tharude_testnet
thrice.pi_prometheus
traderbill
vega
vi1son
vipertkd
vo1d
vrlc92
wannabe_rotebaron
will
xujian

HERE IS A LIST OF INDIVIDUALS WORTHY OF YOUR VOTE, AND WHY.

PLEASE GO TO THE MAINNET LISK ONLINE WALLET AT https://login.lisk.io/ AND CAST YOUR VOTE FOR YOUR CHOICE OF DPoS STANDBY DELEGATES TO EVENTUALLY REPLACE OLIVER'S GENESIS MACHINES.    

THANKS!

Thanks for these wordst Mal and putting the trust in to me. I'm doing my best to maintain my nodes.

Kumunicate

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 09:17:52 PM

Anyone else having issues with the lisk website being down?
honolulumark

Activity: 798

Knowledge is power

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2016, 09:37:29 PM

yep it's down
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 10:00:12 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2016, 03:36:26 PM by MalReynolds

PLEASE IGNORE ALL PREVIOUS VOTE LISTS DISPLAYED ON LAST TWO PAGES & CONSIDER THIS REVISION

IF YOU QUOTED MY PREVIOUS LIST, PLEASE GO BACK AND EDIT THE QUOTE OUT - THANKS!

*************************************************************************************

LISK VOTING - WHO?

BACKGROUND

Feel free to add my delegate... to that list.   Not sure why <my delegate> was excluded.... My productivity on TestNet is higher than some of these above.

Several people feel left out of my list I posted earlier today so I am going back and trying to do a better / more accurate job.  I am going to combine the first  "who to vote for" post and the second "how to vote" post together here with an updated list.   This new list below is divided into four columns.  

The first column below lists 33 people who have maintained around 95% productivity or better on testnet.   Only God knows how they did this because testnet sucks.  But if they can score that high on the unstable testnet, they sure as hell deserve to be running a node on mainnet.  You should definitely vote for these guys, they know what they are doing.  Note:  I am not in this group.  LOL.

The second column below lists 33 people who have maintained roughly 80%-95% productivity on testnet.  For the unstable testnet, this is damn good and these people deserve your votes, too, IMHO.

The third column below lists 20 people who have a productivity of 50%-80% productivity on testnet.  They're trying and some of them are trying hard.  They will need to do a lot better on mainnet.

The fourth column below lists 19 people who have a productivity under 50% on testnet.  Some have actually left testnet;  some of these never made it into the top 101 and have never had a chance to demonstrate their abilities;  some have gone on to do other important Lisk work (fixcrypt, theredhawk)  Note that 20 in the previous column plus 19 in this column totals 39 delegates, and in your last two Lisk vote transactions (discussed below) you get to choose only 33+2 = 35 delegates.  Welcome to the reality of Delegated Proof of Stake (DPoS) :  

Some people are not going to be chosen as forging Top Delegates.  

There are currently over 600 Standby Delegates registered on mainnet - the 105 that have at least shown up to run testnet, and around 500 more that have not.  Which group do you want running mainnet?

MAINNET VS. TESTNET

This is a necessary evil while improved Lisk code is being written (version 0.4.0)  The 0.4.0 version hopefully will be stable enough after testing that Oliver will turn off the Genesis machines, forging rewards will start, and the Lisk mainnet will be start to be run by 101 community-elected DPoS (Delegated Proof of Stake) Top Delegates.

Many people have given up due to expense and frustration and are no longer maintaining their testnet nodes.  You can see them in the testnet explorer link above as having red dots and / or low productivity percentages beside their names.

TESTNET EXPERIENCE VOTING LIST

** 95%+ **
1st VOTE BATCH
atreides
bacobob
bangomatic
cad789
carolina
cc001
corsaro
devasive
digitron
diplo
eclipsun
freemind
gordo
gr33ndrag0n
hmachado
lamar
litcoincollector
nerigal
odsejen
pawart
popcornbag
ppan
redux
rmelo
samuray
slasheks
sonobit
splatters
tharude
vega
vipertkd
vrlc92
xujian
** 80% - 95% **
2nd VOTE BATCH
anamix
area
axente
crodam
cryptostorms
dafricash
distro
djselery
goldeneye
grajson
grumlin
hoop
hua
isabella
jasmine
joel
liskit
malreynolds
mobgod
mrv
ntelo
ottobene
phoenix1969
qbanow
rado
redsn0w
sgdias
staticinstance
techbytes
thrice.pi_prometheus
vi1son
will
bigfisher
** 50% - 80% **
3RD VOTE BATCH
amanai
bioly
bitcoinuserx
bitseed
byronp
cannabanana
cointrader83
cryptobase
densmirnov
digitalcurrencyltd
freddag
freeze
gregorst
idealisk
liskgate
metal494
mrfrismint
stoner19
traderbill
wannabe_rotebaron
** under 50% **
4TH VOTE BATCH
arisalexis
chey
cstewart
daoist
eastwind_ja
fixcrypt
forrest
freiheitswelle
grexx
lisknode
liskpools
ondin
proto
punkrock
rooney
savetheworld
shinotestnet
theredhawk
vo1d

LISK VOTING - HOW?

Any account containing more than 1 Lisk can vote for which 101 Lisk delegates will be forging new blocks every 10 seconds for the Lisk blockchain.  The number of votes you will be giving each candidate is equal to the number of Lisk in the account minus 1 Lisk that is deducted as a voting fee.  An account containing 1000 Lisk that votes for, say, 20 delegate candidates (instead of the 101 maximum) will be giving 999 votes to each of 20 candidates.  If you have multiple Lisk accounts, you will need to vote each account separately.

STEPS TO VOTE

1. Log into your Lisk wallet with your 12 word passphrase at https://login.lisk.io

2. Click on "Forging" on the left-side column

3. Click on "Delegates" on the top-most row (between "Forging" and "My Votes")

4. Now you are on a long webpage divided into two sections: "Top Delegates" and below them, "Standby Delegates".  Only 25 delegates are shown in each section.  At the bottom of each section are "page numbers" you can click to show other delegates for each section in blocks of 25 at a time.  At the time this tutorial is written, all delegates in the "Top" section are Genesis nodes run by Oliver.  Actual individuals who need your votes are currently in the "Standby" section.  After forging rewards start, both sections will contain delegates seeking your vote.  Only those in the "Top Delegate" section are actually forging Lisk blocks and receiving rewards.

5. Click the check boxes for the people you want to vote for.  You may need to go to multiple pages / blocks of 25 delegates to find everybody you are looking for.  You can sort by name and rank to help find specific people.  You can cast up to 101 votes total, BUT ONLY IN BATCHES OF UP TO 33 AT A TIME.  So to cast 101 votes, you will have to do Steps 5 through 9 a total of four times (for example, 33+33+33+2).  The running total of check boxes you have clicked on are listed at the top of the webpage, just under the "Forging / Delegates / My Votes" link.  Keep an eye on this number and make sure it is 33 or less.  Unclick check boxes if you have to.

6. Click on the green "VOTE" link in the upper right of this webpage.

7. A window will pop up showing the people you are about to vote for.  If this list is OK, click "Confirm Vote".

8. If you have the second withdrawal passphrase activated in your account, you will be asked to enter it and click "Confirm Vote" again.

9. A green acknowledgement saying "Transaction Sent" will display briefly in the upper right corner of your webpage.  You just spent 1 Lisk to vote.

10. Repeat Steps 5-9 as required to vote for all of your desired delegate candidates.

Poly#Crypto

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 10:14:34 PM

Currently https://lisk.io works.

s0nix

Activity: 784
Merit: 511

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 11:06:48 PM

Hey MalReynolds

Is it possible that you write seriously without Big Red Letters.
I know testnet is very important. But there are also a lot of people (who are not on the list) who have done a great job,
These guys have helped the users in the Lisk-Chat or in the Lisk-Forum, have very engaged in the foreign languages Lisk threads  e.g. in Russian Thread or in German Thread, have a lot of promotion made in social media.

So please be fair and don't tell the people that your list is the only true.

Note: I do not want to be an active delegate. So no one should vote for me

Greetings s0nix
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 12:12:59 AM

Hey MalReynolds

Is it possible that you write seriously without Big Red Letters.
I know testnet is very important. But there are also a lot of people (who are not on the list) who have done a great job...

Sorry, I used the wrong font size and I had to leave my computer suddenly without realizing what I had done.  I've made my red edits MUCH smaller and I will try to use red less.  

Mainnet operators logically need to be picked from the ranks of testnet operators, not language translators.  I certainly agree that both groups are equally critical to the success of Lisk.  There are MANY people who are doing MANY great things in Lisk in MANY ways....  

jjmv

Activity: 246

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 12:30:30 AM

who else thinks lisk is going to skyrocket soon?

i gotta a feeling... Roll Eyes
Topknotbam
Legendary

Activity: 1938
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 12:45:16 AM

Lisk fly when the time comes. Just keep your coins and buy new ones, while the price is low!!!

Develop Custom Decentralized Blockchain Applications in JavaScript with LISK!
   Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
honolulumark

Activity: 798

Knowledge is power

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2016, 01:36:31 AM

https://i.imgur.com/jZTMcJh.png

soon...
probably sooner than we think brother  Cool
vroom vroom
GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2016, 01:40:48 AM

I think basing your votes on peoples current productivity on a broken client version testnet that forks for some people every 3-4 hours isn't necessarily the best or only criteria that should be followed. I appreciate Mal's work and efforts to push all of our names, but much more has gone into this than just current testnet productivity ratings and it doesn't tell the entire story.

My productivity on testnet is very low, but that is because I publicly acknowledged that I'm not even running a node right now and wanted newcomers to get votes over me. I was voted into the 101 without me even requesting votes, and so my node is not forging any blocks because there isn't even one running atm. This is my own personal decision to not run one on testnet right now, which I am fully aware some may view as non-dedication, but if that is how you view it, I think your priorities are in the wrong place.

I would recommend anyone who wants to run a node at any point and has not had an opportunity, please ask to be voted up on testnet so you can get some practice and exposure. I wish that the 101 testnet delegates were honestly no one currently in the reserve top 101 on main net and were others getting experience setting up the software. Even then, it will be a very frustrating experience until the forking bugs are fixed in the next version, but that is GOOD experience for anyone new to delegating.

There is much more to all of this than is evident and a lot of it is carried out in other chat channels and forums, which requires much more vetting and thought when casting votes. Voting for delegates is one of the most important aspects of Lisk and something everyone should take very seriously. Do your due diligence. Use what Mal has posted as one factor, but please look at the whole picture and make your own decision based on the criteria YOU feel is important. These are your representatives to the Lisk network and are responsible for it's security and well being.

Come in Lisk Chat and get to know everyone. There's a lot going on outside of BitcoinTalk. I would say 90% of what is happening with Lisk is happening outside of this forum.

blg42598

Activity: 867

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 02:10:48 AM

How can I become one of the 101 Delegates? I have to run a node?
Pages: « 1 ... 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 [1450] 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: