Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:36:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 [1402] 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073026 times)
Poly#Crypto

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 10:24:06 AM

When will there be a roadmap?

Id like to see dapps this year , so I can download them on my smartphone  Grin
Once Max returns from Russia

The white paper has the highest priority, followed by a vision paper and then will publish the roadmap.

https://blog.lisk.io/lisk-community-meeting-summary-june-11th-50dcadd41fef#.v435e4e5q

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bep42

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 11:24:36 AM

I'm an early investor in LISK and i'm also an UX/UI Designer full stack for big french companies.
Here is my Dribbble https://dribbble.com/bpdesign

I'de like to create a team with skilled JS developer with 2/3h free per day to launch different projects on LISK like rebuild real projects (Aribnb, Twitch.tv, ...).
I can also use bootstrap to integrate my designs for more efficiency.

Let me know by PM.

this is what matters to Lisk's future, and not what the next exchange trading it will be.
exactly, @LiskHQ this one is a must have.. GL @bep42 & welcome  Smiley

Uh.....yeah!  LISK, work with bep42 to set him up with some capable JS programmers to make some killer dapps for the LISK community.

It's like a present fell into your lap.

Hey @bep42....did you ever get a response from the team or from LISK supporters that can help you?  Would be a shame if Lisk couldnt use your skills.

I guess you could always contact LISK through the hiring link, even if you are not looking for a full time gig: https://lisk.io/careers

I actually pointed him_her towards the Lisk chat in a PM Smiley
Pointing toward the careers site is a good idea, too.

I thought that was a better use of his_her time.

Since I don't have that much time to follow the chat closely, all I can say is that someone with his_her username joined the channels there.

Please be aware, that due to the nature of threads, they are pretty much monothematic by design. With that in mind, it is not surprising, that there is not that much happening here apart from price talk and complaining.

Hey there,
someone contacted me on Lisk Chat but his timezone is +10 than me. Hard to organize...
I currently working for a big french company in telecommunications so i can't apply for a full or part time at Lisk. Btw, i'm not an illustrator and they're also looking for this skill.

So, feel free to ping me the way you like on Lisk Chat or here.  Wink
btcnoob85

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2016, 11:35:30 AM

Lisk is still the best ICO of 2016

And one of the coins with the best distribution in the early stages,
one of the reasons why Lisk is holding pretty strong in the price.

Somehow astonishing how the two man team got it done so well. I made 4x from my ICO investment and left Lisk behind. For speculation it is done for quite a time. They have to prove that they can deliver what they promised. There are other projects out which got less money in ICO and are interesting as well (take the low ICO investment into account and the higher potential of increase in market cap). I wish luck for the lisk team anyway.

░▒▓▓▒░ THE MOVEMENT DAO |  UNSTOPPABLE ORGANIZATION ░▒▓▓▒░
metropolit

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Lisk will be #1 alt in 2019.

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 12:17:47 PM

Can anyone plz help me with some questions?

1. Why do we all think that java script apps on the Lisk blockchain will get Lisk to the moon? I mean you can build java script apps anywhere on the regular hosting, except in this case they will all be built on decentralized network which is cool but is it enought to make Lisk to the moon? Max is a great guy i see he's doing a lot of work recently spreading the word about Lisk all over the world, but currently Lisk is just another crypto without content (dapps). For example you have a lot of stuff already being built on the Ethereum network such as Digix, Eterex, Augur etc. Can we expect Lisk to attract such projects? And why would someone choose Lisk and not Ethereum for such project? Is Lisk more attractive then Ethereum technicaly for some other kind of big projects, and if yes which kind of projects?

2. I think it's good to have coins capped when it comes to inflation, but how many out of 100 million are currently in the circulation? If not all, is there any timeframe about releasing all coins into circulation?
Reavon

Activity: 374

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 12:42:38 PM

1. Why do we all think that java script apps on the Lisk blockchain will get Lisk to the moon? I mean you can build java script apps anywhere on the regular hosting, except in this case they will all be built on decentralized network which is cool but is it enought to make Lisk to the moon? Max is a great guy i see he's doing a lot of work recently spreading the word about Lisk all over the world, but currently Lisk is just another crypto without content (dapps). For example you have a lot of stuff already being built on the Ethereum network such as Digix, Eterex, Augur etc. Can we expect Lisk to attract such projects? And why would someone choose Lisk and not Ethereum for such project? Is Lisk more attractive then Ethereum technicaly for some other kind of big projects, and if yes which kind of projects?

2. I think it's good to have coins capped when it comes to inflation, but how many out of 100 million are currently in the circulation? If not all, is there any timeframe about releasing all coins into circulation?

It makes a big difference if the main execution of a app is on a decentralized network like lisk or simply a centralized App, it is a question legal restrictions and security and datamining. Decentralized opensource Apps that are running lightning fast is exactly what the consumer of the next Generation wants to have because those we have today suck very much. Estimated Market volume in the next decade around 500billion -1 trillion dollar i think.

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 01:04:56 PM

I think one of the core differences is, that Ethereum want to make everything decentralized. Wether this is the right way to go or not is more of an ideological question at this point. We use a lot of centralized services on a daily basis, that work just fine.
Lisks goal is not to change the world by decentralizing working but centralized structures, but by implementing blockchain technology where it makes sense.

At least that's how I understand it.
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 01:12:11 PM

1. There is a general widespread belief dapps ("distributed apps") are The Next Big Thing.  However, the only thing special about a "dapp" over a current "app" is use of a blockchain for information storage.   So the first requirement is to come up with a Great Idea that requires use of a blockchain.  Next, you have to come up with a programming language to write that dapp.  ETH uses Solidity.  This is an experimental new language that is very complex, has very few programmers that understand it, and writes buggy, unstable and even dangerous code that enabled the recent DAO hack.  Javascript has been around for decades, has tens of thousands of programmers that use it, and while buggy code in JS is still a possibility (OK, a certainty), at least the bugs are far less obscure than in Solidity.  Plus, JS is the "face of the internet" and so Lisk has a head-start in that sense to develop dapps that many people can use via familiar web-based interfaces.  ETH/Solidity has staked out the high-end financial/banking world with its high security requirements - and has shown by the recent DAO disaster they have a LONG way, years and years to go, before they get there.  Lisk/JS has staked out the lower-end consumer/individual world to develop useful tools for people.  THere's more opportunities and more programmers to develop them in the Lisk / JS world than there are in the ETH/Solidity world - and in the Lisk world, those opportunities are going to be realized faster and earlier.

2.  I think there's around 35M Lisk stored by owners over on Polo (30M cold wallet, 5M hot wallet, see: https://lisktools.io/accounts.php ) and at any given time 4M-5M of those Lisk are up for sale to individual buyers (see https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_lsk ).  Note this means 60-65% of Lisk is being held as a long-term investment (by people like me) instead of being "dumped" for a quick ICO profit.  There looks like a lot of up and down motion in Lisk but if you construct a graph with the data it turns out Lisk price has been remarkably stable between 0.30-0.35 USD per Lisk and what is happening is that the Lisk price is tracking the ups and downs of Bitcoin price in a stable manner rather than flop all over the place or head down on a steady decline.  It is obvious (at least to me) some very heavy hitters believe in Lisk for the long-term and are working behind the scenes to support its price and buy more and more when Lisk is "cheap" relative to BTC.
cointrader83

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 02:17:50 PM

1. There is a general widespread belief dapps ("distributed apps") are The Next Big Thing.  However, the only thing special about a "dapp" over a current "app" is use of a blockchain for information storage.   So the first requirement is to come up with a Great Idea that requires use of a blockchain.  Next, you have to come up with a programming language to write that dapp.  ETH uses Solidity.  This is an experimental new language that is very complex, has very few programmers that understand it, and writes buggy, unstable and even dangerous code that enabled the recent DAO hack.  Javascript has been around for decades, has tens of thousands of programmers that use it, and while buggy code in JS is still a possibility (OK, a certainty), at least the bugs are far less obscure than in Solidity.  Plus, JS is the "face of the internet" and so Lisk has a head-start in that sense to develop dapps that many people can use via familiar web-based interfaces.  ETH/Solidity has staked out the high-end financial/banking world with its high security requirements - and has shown by the recent DAO disaster they have a LONG way, years and years to go, before they get there.  Lisk/JS has staked out the lower-end consumer/individual world to develop useful tools for people.  THere's more opportunities and more programmers to develop them in the Lisk / JS world than there are in the ETH/Solidity world - and in the Lisk world, those opportunities are going to be realized faster and earlier.

2.  I think there's around 35M Lisk stored by owners over on Polo (30M cold wallet, 5M hot wallet, see: https://lisktools.io/accounts.php ) and at any given time 4M-5M of those Lisk are up for sale to individual buyers (see https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_lsk ).  Note this means 60-65% of Lisk is being held as a long-term investment (by people like me) instead of being "dumped" for a quick ICO profit.  There looks like a lot of up and down motion in Lisk but if you construct a graph with the data it turns out Lisk price has been remarkably stable between 0.30-0.35 USD per Lisk and what is happening is that the Lisk price is tracking the ups and downs of Bitcoin price in a stable manner rather than flop all over the place or head down on a steady decline.  It is obvious (at least to me) some very heavy hitters believe in Lisk for the long-term and are working behind the scenes to support its price and buy more and more when Lisk is "cheap" relative to BTC.

Nice post MalReynolds!
pufuletz

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 04:47:53 PM

I think these are some of the big questions the market's asking: Is there nothing much to LSK at this point but Max, a concept and some rehashed Crypti code, and is that what it's likely to be for a while until it gets transaction... *if* it gets any transaction.
firstflyover

Activity: 195

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 04:54:04 PM

I think these are some of the big questions the market's asking: Is there nothing much to LSK at this point but Max, a concept and some rehashed Crypti code, and is that what it's likely to be for a while until it gets transaction... *if* it gets any transaction.
Let's not "forget" about a lot of leverage in the Bitcion Bank. That's A Big Thing...
shinep

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 06:31:42 PM

Let's not "forget" about a lot of leverage in the Bitcion Bank. That's A Big Thing...
ETH took more than a year to build things and LISK is only few weeks old.
Give it some time and see what they come up with.
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 07:32:10 PM

ETH took more than a year to build things and LISK is only few weeks old.
Give it some time and see what they come up with.

The Lisk Bitcoin Bank of 14,000 BTC * 450 USD / BTC at the end of Lisk ICO was initially worth $6.3M. That Bank is now worth 14,000 * 650 USD / BTC = $9.1M only 100 days later.  So the tangible Lisk Foundation assets have gone up by around $30K per day since the end of ICO.   Lisk has been lucky - it collected BTC that have drastically gone up in value during its first three months.

In contrast, the Ethereum ICO ended September 1, 2014 with around $18.5M in their Ethernet Bitcoin Bank, when BTC was around 380 USD / BTC.  Four months later Bitcoin had lost value and had crashed to under 220 USD /BTC.  Ethereum was unlucky, and lost almost half of their crowdfunding resources in this crash, as Vitalik has acknowledged, dropping to under $10M in assets.

Lisk now has at July 2016 about the same in-the-bank resources that Ethereum did have in December 2014, at the same three-month point in their respective development cycles.  

So...what did Ethereum dol in their first six months after their ICO?  Here's a post with their roadmap dated March 14, 2015:

https://blog.ethereum.org/2015/03/14/ethereum-the-first-year/

When you read this, keep the following rough synchronization calendar in mind:

LISK TIME    ETH TIME

APR 2016 = SEP 2014   = end of ICO
MAY 2016 = OCT 2014
JUN 2016 = NOV 2014
JUL 2016 = DEC 2014
AUG 2016 = JAN 2015
SEP 2016 = FEB 2015
OCT 2016 = MAR 2015

Comparisons are interesting - but Lisk will follow its own path to success.
MrPresident

Think or swim.

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2016, 08:46:52 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2016, 09:24:26 PM by MrPresident

Somehow astonishing how the two man team got it done so well. I made 4x from my ICO investment and left Lisk behind. For speculation it is done for quite a time. They have to prove that they can deliver what they promised. There are other projects out which got less money in ICO and are interesting as well (take the low ICO investment into account and the higher potential of increase in market cap). I wish luck for the lisk team anyway.

There are so many folks posting INCORRECT information in here it would take days to reply to just the last dozen pages.

Btcnoob85...
The 10 personTEAM is delivering in a huge way. https://faucet.lisk.io/team
We are barely 30 days out of launch with no access to ICO funds yet, and have already hit huge milestones.
Take a moment to look at Lisk Lite Client for instance... not only does it operate without the burden of the main chain, but has the ability to make purchases directly with Fiat or other coin.
There are so many good things happening so fast it's hard to keep track of everything.

Lisk.linkspage.online would be a good place for you to get caught up.

Develop Custom Decentralized Blockchain Applications in JavaScript with LISK!
   Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
MrPresident

Think or swim.

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2016, 09:26:37 PM

There are so many folks posting INCORRECT information in here it would take days to reply to just the last dozen pages.

Btcnoob85...
The 10 personTEAM is delivering in a huge way. https://faucet.lisk.io/team
We are barely 30 days out of launch with no access to ICO funds yet, and have already hit huge milestones.
Take a moment to look at Lisk Lite Client for instance... not only does it operate without the burden of the main chain, but has the ability to make purchases directly with Fiat or other coin.   https://github.com/fix/Lisk-Lite-Client/releases/tag/v1.0.0-beta.2
There are so many good things happening so fast it's hard to keep track of everything.

Lisk.linkspage.online would be a good place for you to get caught up.

Develop Custom Decentralized Blockchain Applications in JavaScript with LISK!
   Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
LiskYork

Activity: 132

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 12:16:35 AM

As I mentioned before and first than any other source there is

http://coremedia.info/index.php/blockchain-news/item/268-waves-weekly-no-1/268-waves-weekly-no-1

Lisk is planing to create a cross-chain transfer protocol between Lisk and Waves.

So in the long therm in my point of view is a winner for the two  projects, this will be the Beggining for Lisk to start partnerships with many other projects.

So Waves guys u are welcome. Wink
rezilient

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 02:32:55 AM

I want $10/Lisk now!!

You don't pay enough.
thewarners777

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 02:56:46 AM

I would be okay with $3 lisk for right now
d-trix

Activity: 459

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 03:27:18 AM

I want $10/Lisk now!!

You wait after a year your wish may become a reality.
elitecstrike

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 05:31:07 AM

If Lisk will be the standard for Dapps, I think it would be easy to reach 100 dollar per 1 lisk. Why not?

Bitcoin was in the beginning below the 1 dollar, now over 600 dollar.

Sky is the limit for Lisk, just hold it till winter 2016, summer 2017.

We needs dapps, projects, marketing Cool
LiskYork

Activity: 132

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 05:50:52 AM

My Son prays every night that Lisk can reach 300 dlls each so will see if that happens in the next 5 years. So let's  see what happens!
Pages: « 1 ... 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 [1402] 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: