Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:14:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 [1494] 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073053 times)
Poly#Crypto

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 11:08:30 PM

Lisk Community Technical Meeting — August 13th, 2016

During last week’s community meeting, several technical questions were postponed in order to focus on the crucial 0.3.2 version update (you can find it on the testnet!). We took the advice of the community and decided to create a second community meeting focusing the technical aspect of Lisk. The collection of questions has been so successful during the past meetings that we were inclined to continue collecting more. This time around, the deadline for collecting questions will be Monday (August 8th), this should give the developers ample time to provide detailed answers for the questions... Continue Reading

Hope to see you there!

Joel, Community Manager

Guys, RT please: https://twitter.com/Polycrypto/status/762057135731638273
laugh2btc

Activity: 531
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 11:13:18 PM

Nice, thanks alot!
lsqgoddess

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 02:45:12 AM

Lisk Community Technical Meeting — August 13th, 2016

During last week’s community meeting, several technical questions were postponed in order to focus on the crucial 0.3.2 version update (you can find it on the testnet!). We took the advice of the community and decided to create a second community meeting focusing the technical aspect of Lisk. The collection of questions has been so successful during the past meetings that we were inclined to continue collecting more. This time around, the deadline for collecting questions will be Monday (August 8th), this should give the developers ample time to provide detailed answers for the questions... Continue Reading

Hope to see you there!

Joel, Community Manager

Lisk team, you guys are awesome!!
cointrader83

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 04:58:54 AM

Thread looks a little bit dead

Nothing is dead here:

More than 50% of community members updated to 0.3.2a which released yesterday. Now everybody is testing and Oliver can focus to the 0.4.0.

From lisk chat: "oliver 22:43
I hope this will be last build, so we can update mainnet, and progress with 0.4.0."

Things looking good now, price going up.  Wink

Digicoiner

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

In Crypto I trust.

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 06:56:05 AM

Nothing is dead here:

More than 50% of community members updated to 0.3.2a which released yesterday. Now everybody is testing and Oliver can focus to the 0.4.0.

I hope this will be last build, so we can update mainnet, and progress with 0.4.0."

I hope Lisk deposits on Polo are re-enabled soon.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 07:16:48 AM

Nothing is dead here:

yes mate prices is moving up still holding my coin and see how high it can be i believe that after the etc/eth scene lisk will be uplift by those who earned from that ride, keep it up guy.
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 08:09:10 AM

Nothing is dead here:

yes mate prices is moving up still holding my coin and see how high it can be i believe that after the etc/eth scene lisk will be uplift by those who earned from that ride, keep it up guy.
I'm holding LSK too, LSK is one of the only coins I hold that I don't have any sell orders on. It will be interesting to see what happens, but I think this ETH/ETC price tug-of-war will put a lot of people off Etherium in the longer term.
Couldbe

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 12:06:11 PM

Nothing is dead here:

https://s8.postimg.org/e3tg3g15x/lsk_test.png

The price has actually moved down. Let's keep everything factual and cut the bullshit.

Price  0.00037843     -1.15 % down in the last hour    -2.68 % down in the last 24 hours    -10.86 % down in the last week (from coinmarketcap)

I hold LISK too, but get frustrated by certain things. Sometimes that frustration boils over. I can be quite cutting at times and hurt people, which I don't mean to do. I hope that my criticism is taken in a positive way and that any corresponding energy it causes is used to further the interest of this project.
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 12:25:27 PM

Nothing is dead here:

The price has actually moved down. I hold LISK too, but get frustrated by certain things. Sometimes that frustration boils over. I can be quite cutting at times and hurt people, which I don't mean to do. I hope that my criticism is taken in a positive way and that any corresponding energy it causes is used to further the interest of this project.

My opinion on Lisk, the team and the price is:

I figured that they are very good in marketing, very strategic and that's why I bought into the ICO. But I had the plan to sell right after launch because I wasn't too sure about the tech, about long-term-perspective. I saw it more as a hype and I wanted to make a quick buck tbh.

But: I watched this all and more and more they (the team, but also some out of the community) convinced me that this is a serious project with longterm-vision, that this is not just about hype without base. They do a lot to stabilize it on all fronts. That's nothing the majority recognizes but exactly that is a buy and will pay out if it's done accurate.

So, my plans changed over time. I did not dump. I sold some but I also buy back over time to get a good average-price. The rest is just a question of time.

With other words: The price is no indicator. Besides the fact that it's still above the ICO-price (and Lisk is the only ICO-projekt I know of the last time that never went below) Lisk really has a lot of chances for longterm. I believe that Lisk also will benefit from the weakness of Ethereum that becomes more and more obvious and not just because of ETC. ETC is not cause for a weakness, it is effect.

I really believe that Lisk can reach more than Ethereum, but just if they don't make the same mistakes and rush things out while the base is not totally stable. So, they do the right things.

Regarding the price my prediction is: Those who focus too much on it now and are concerned about it and sell, will buy back in. But higher of course.
honolulumark

Activity: 798

Knowledge is power

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2016, 12:28:43 PM

I figured that they are very good in marketing, very strategic and that's why I bought into the ICO. But I had the plan to sell right after launch because I wasn't too sure about the tech, about long-term-perspective. I saw it more as a hype and I wanted to make a quick buck tbh.

But: I watched this all and more and more they (the team, but also some out of the community) convinced me that this is a serious project with longterm-vision, that this is not just about hype without base. They do a lot to stabilize it on all fronts. That's nothing the majority recognizes but exactly that is a buy and will pay out if it's done accurate.

So, my plans changed over time. I did not dump. I sold some but I also buy back over time to get a good average-price. The rest is just a question of time.

With other words: The price is no indicator. Besides the fact that it's still above the ICO-price (and Lisk is the only ICO-projekt I know of the last time that never went below) Lisk really has a lot of chances for longterm. I believe that Lisk also will benefit from the weakness of Ethereum that becomes more and more obvious and not just because of ETC. ETC is not cause for a weakness, it is effect.

I really believe that Lisk can reach more than Ethereum, but just if they don't make the same mistakes and rush things out while the base is not totally stable. So, they do the right things.

Regarding the price my prediction is: Those who focus too much on it now and are concerned about it and sell, will buy back in. But higher of course.

well, you are at least right about the hype part.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 12:34:31 PM

we can never say mate but yes indeed as long as the dev is careful in taking the development making sure that it won't any mistakes it is much better to wait and hold thank to join the ride and regrets when the project made a success.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 12:37:32 PM

update my testnet nod to the last version:

{"success":true,"version":"0.3.2a","build":"v18:49:01 06/08/2016\n"}

Waiting the 0.4.0 so we can start to forge in the mainnet.
honolulumark

Knowledge is power

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2016, 12:42:41 PM

we can never say mate but yes indeed as long as the dev is careful in taking the development making sure that it won't any mistakes it is much better to wait and hold thank to join the ride and regrets when the project made a success.

I actually believe the dev to be the weakest link

from his linked in page https://uk.linkedin.com/in/oliver-beddows-19aa09107

"My responsibilities at Greyville Enterprises covered a broad spectrum of areas, relating to everything from web development, to marketing and promotional activities.

First and foremost, I developed and maintained the Ruby on Rails based B2B e-commerce web application, used by Bicycle Dealers throughout the United Kingdom to order in new supplies of parts and accessories.

Secondly, I also developed many backend office applications and reports, handled any hardware maintenance, gave staff training, and provided general I.T support to the whole business.

Additionally, I also designed an annual 200-page trade catalogue, produced regular email marketing campaigns, managed the company's social media, and designed printed adverts that were included in the BikeBiz trade magazine."

a nearing 40 yo that all his experience is making sites on Ruby for bike dealers.
I really wonder if he even has a masters, or what his bachelor is.

This is a young man's game.
I'm reading through the Lisk source code right now, running simulations and stuff and I'm really not impressed. I'll write a full review probably, pointing out bugs and stuff.

This is definitely not what I was promised when I put my money on this.
Shame on me, but I was high on ketamine that week I invested.
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 12:56:05 PM

Just to avoid misconceptions here: I don't say the team hyped. They made and make thoughtful marketing and that is needed and not just for the price. It is needed to get the attention of App-Dev's.

But there was a lot of hype in the community, a lot of very high hopes for short term - all the pics of lambos and screaming "moon" etc.

And it's not correct to reduce Lisk on that (marketing and hype). Like I've said: They do a lot of base-work that the majority doesn't recognize yet. But I'm sure that it will pay out. If you believe this is just about hype you should sell if you hold Lisk.
honolulumark

Knowledge is power

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2016, 01:04:50 PM

Just to avoid misconceptions here: I don't say the team hyped. They made and make thoughtful marketing and that is needed and not just for the price. It is needed to get the attention of App-Dev's.

But there was a lot of hype in the community, a lot of very high hopes for short term - all the pics of lambos and screaming "moon" etc.

And it's not correct to reduce Lisk on that (marketing and hype). Like I've said: They do a lot of base-work that the majority doesn't recognize yet. But I'm sure that it will pay out. If you believe this is just about hype you should sell if you hold Lisk.

No, don't hold back,  you can say it. Everyone hyped it as the next Eth, Max didn't bother with addressing any misconceptions about it, because why not, more money for them.
But now the hype is dying out, and we're facing the hard truth, that there's not much in Lisk.
I'll probably try putting some dev time in it, in hopes I give it a little push with my engineering expertise, but I can't promise anything.

I'll put some apps out, and let's see what happens.
Couldbe

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 01:43:03 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2016, 01:56:34 PM by Couldbe

No, don't hold back,  you can say it. Everyone hyped it as the next Eth, Max didn't bother with addressing any misconceptions about it, because why not, more money for them.
But now the hype is dying out, and we're facing the hard truth, that there's not much in Lisk.
I'll probably try putting some dev time in it, in hopes I give it a little push with my engineering expertise, but I can't promise anything.

I agree. It's time to bring some apps to the table. If there is a lesson to be learnt, it's if you are going to hype, at least make sure there is something tangible to back it up down the line, not mere promises of things to come in the future.

On price, I agree that a price snapshot is not something to be too worried about - that is unless you have forked out a tidy sum investing in LISK and then seen the value of that investment dissolve into virtually nothing.

LISK has some stiff competition from other coins. Ethereum is the obvious one. There is also Nxt. Ethereum I believe has been built 90% on hype and 10% innovation. If ever there was an Emperor's new clothes in the altcoin world it is Ethereum. Nxt is back up and coming, but again there are no apps in place. Come 12th October, if not imminently, I believe there will have been a massive dumping of Nxt. It's anyone's guess as to what happens then.

LISK has an opportunity to seize the market if the essential pieces can be put in place quickly and convincingly. I don't see much evidence of that happening soon. So less of the hype and wishful thinking that has happened in the last 1,500+ pages. Max, it's time to bring home the bacon.
metropolit

Activity: 308

Lisk will be #1 alt in 2019.

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 02:00:27 PM

No, don't hold back,  you can say it. Everyone hyped it as the next Eth, Max didn't bother with addressing any misconceptions about it, because why not, more money for them.

To build apps you need solid foundation and we still don't have it, 1 dev is working on it, money is still unused.

We're waiting for the office which is over all time lines already, i mean how hard it is to get the office? You take few days in a  week, check few spaces and decide for one of them, big deal. With office you can set it up in 1 day, take computers and furniture and get devs inside, do interviews and start spending money. Lisk development can be rolling till we then wait for the papers to get a legal status in Germany which is less important IMO.
Medow

Activity: 357

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 02:04:52 PM

What so months later there is still no office and HQ is that right? WTF have they been doing if the foundation is not even layed yet? Start getting the ball rolling or this is going down the pan and all people that invested in YOU with it.
corsaro
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 02:35:14 PM

update my testnet nod to the last version:

{"success":true,"version":"0.3.2a","build":"v18:49:01 06/08/2016\n"}

Waiting the 0.4.0 so we can start to forge in the mainnet.

my testnet nodes updadated to 0.3.2a too
We expect on testnet everything will go smouth

So, now waiting for news about 0.3.2 for mainnet and next 0.4.0 release
neo1947

Activity: 449

don t touch my Bits

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 04:09:16 PM

can anybody help me about tracing my Lisks. l ve moved from polo that has not arrived my wallet yet,checked tx id on explorer but no trace at all.
txid:
thanks
Pages: « 1 ... 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 [1494] 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: