Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:49:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 [1626] 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073026 times)
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 10:25:50 AM

How long will it take before this idiot will do something with his coin? Spending all our money on travelling, drinks, hookers, but not on developing the coin maybe it is time to take some legal action against LSK. Walking away with several millions...
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 10:42:02 AM

Lisk is still to be considered in beta (imho) and it's not ready at all to accept a working dapp or blockchain app. I think in the 1-2 quarter of this incoming year , they will start to release blockchain apps and most important the community forging.

Yes, we all know that.. but what's the point of all the hype, the docs, the contests and the platform in the first place if we're focusing on Lisk as a currency than as a blockchain app platform in the first place? Does that not beat the purpose.

The first iPhone had no 3rd party apps. Without the PS4 there would be no PS4 games. Without Windows no .exe programmes. Without Lisk no Lisk blockchain apps.

We are focusing on the platform. The currency is one part of that.

How could you say you're focusing on the platform if you're not immersing developers in creating blockchain apps?
The docs are so application specific, even if they followed it they'd basically be creating just 1 type of thing.
NOjust

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 12:36:49 PM

what happend to the lisk price?
the dev should update some news!

LiskHQ (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 509

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2016, 12:36:56 PM

Lisk is just what it is . no other development as of the moment . Stagnant asset is not so good investment.

Stop spreading lies. Below is the change log of Lisk v0.4.0 which was released 13 days ago. Currently Lisk v0.5.0a is already on the testnet. Our GitHub has over 1500 commits on the core repository only.

v0.4.0 Changelog

Backend — Accounts
- Closed #197. Improving error messages when account does not have enough funds. Yielding sender address and account balance.
- Closed #266. Changed behavior of POST /api/accounts/open and POST /api/accounts/generatePublicKey. New accounts are no longer written to mem_accounts. Added one-time migration to delete dormant accounts which have never received or sent funds.
- Closed #266. Verifying public key type, length and format in Account.prototype.set and Account.prototype.merge.
- Closed #266. Added virgin column to mem_accounts. Indicating whether an unconfirmed transaction sent from an account has been applied.
- Closed #266. Added protect_mem_account database trigger. Making address, u_username, username, virgin, publicKey, and secondPublicKey columns immutable once written.
- Closed #266. Added senderPublicKey exceptions to Transaction.prototype.verify.
- Added missing address validation to GET /accounts?address=.
- Fixed error on GET /api/delegates?orderBy=unknown:asc.
- Fixed error on GET /api/delegates?limit=0.

Backend — Blocks
- Closed #163. Adding default orderBy to /api/blocks (height:desc).
- Merged #210. Block processing rewrite @fix.
- Preventing data corruption of memory tables after reload or shutdown #213.
- Closed #222. Fixing block reward calculation within first few blocks after milestone.
- Closed #258. Detecting numericality of snapshot round. Allowing node app.js —snapshot=foobar to default to the highest round.
- Closed #260. Removing infinite recursion in Loader.prototype.getNetwork.
- Closed #276. Finishing snapshot within __private.applyBlock.
- Closed #289. Prevent sync slowdown after receiving unconfirmed transactions.
- Conditionally loading blocks from network; when there has been no block “receipts” over network transport, or when last receipt was over 120 seconds ago.
- Added GET /api/loader/status/ping endpoint @34ro.
- Added GET /api/blocks/getEpoch endpoint.
- Added nethash and epoch properties to GET /api/blocks/getStatus.
- Fixed orphan account check. Excluding mem_accounts with NULL blockId.
- Fixed invalid type comparison on unapplied rounds.
- Fixed reported block height when rebuilding blockchain.
- Improved error logging with JSON dump of affected block.

Backend — Transactions
- Closed #265. Fixing “Account not found” error when sending transactions to virgin account using POST /api/transactions.
- Fixed #279. Removing erroneous unconfirmed transactions.
- Fixed #279. Removing redundant double spend collection.
- Fixed undefined is not a function error. After error thrown while verifying transaction bytes.
- Added verification of transaction assets for all transaction types.
- Improved error logging with JSON dump of affected transaction.
- Improved logging of apply / undo of transactions at debug level.
- Performing sender balance checks using bignum arithmetic.

Backend — Applications
- Closed #269. Fixed crash on 404 error for POST /api/dapps/install.
- Downgraded npm to latest LTS release 2.15.10.

Backend — Peers
- Improving peers db efficiency #104. Sequencing peers updates.
- Improving peers db efficiency #104. Replacing insert / update with single upsert.
- Improving peers db efficiency #104. Chaining database queries when adding dapp peer.
- Closed #147. Replacing request with popsicle. Fixing memory leak on large request bodies, e.g. loading blocks from peer.
- Merged #227. Improved peer discovery using histogram cut selection of “good” peers @fix.
- Closed #231. Implementing API rate limiter. Individually configurable for both /api and /peer. Disabled by default.
- Added EHEADERS, ERESPONSE, ENETHASH peer error codes, extending: https://github.com/blakeembrey/popsicle#error-handling.
- Fixed timers in Loader.prototype.onPeerReady.
- Only trigger nextLoadBlock if loaded and not already syncing.
- Fixed halt to nextLoadUnconfirmedTransactions recursion when syncing.
- Fixed halt to nextLoadSignatures recursion when syncing.
- Checking nethash for all transport /peer requests.
- Returning JSON response for POST /peer/blocks.
- Returning success or error for GET /api/peers/get.
- Added success property to GET /peer/transactions.
- Ignoring already processed or confirmed transactions for POST /peer/transactions.
- Added transactionId property to POST /peer/transactions.
- Added success property to GET /peer/height.
- Removing peers which return bad response code.
- Removing peers with invalid request headers.
- Removing peers with invalid nethash.
- Improved logging of peer changes at debug level.
- Increased default peer timeout to 5000 ms.
- Fixed unwanted rejection of seed peers due to lack of os, version metadata.
- Removed unnecessary peer loopback detection.
- Validating peer headers using zschema only.

Backend — Refactoring
- Closed #147. Dramatically improved CPU and memory efficiency.
- Moved schema validations into separate modules, to eliminate unnecessary continous object creation.
- Added unique ids to schema validations, to better utilize z-schema schema caching.
- Nullifying any large objects identified by memory profiling at the earliest opportunity.
- Decoupled transaction types from modules into separately addressed modules.
- Defining functions on constructor prototype where possible.
- Using async for control flow, to remove deep nesting of code.
- Fully linted code base using jshint to a strict standard.
- Created database indexes on memory tables.

Backend — Tests
- Complete rewrite and abstraction of API tests, for cleaner tests.
- Massively expanded API test coverage, resulting in many fixes.
- Added initial unit test coverage, e.g. for block rewards.

Backend — Configuration
- Removed unimplemented serveHttpAPI/Wallet options from config.json.
- Added maxUpdatePeers option to config.json.
- Added trustProxy setting to config.json.

Backend — Dependencies
- Updated all dependencies to latest compatible versions.
- Replaced underscore, util-extend with lodash.

Frontend
- Added Polish language support.
- Fixating and updating dependency versions.
- Fixing calls to null u_multisignatures/multisignatures.
- Fixing call to undefined resp.data.account.

Build
- Closed #44. Added timestamp to postgresql logs.
- Added empty blockchain.db.gz to allow for starting the blockchain from 0.
- Updating node/lisk-node to 0.12.16.

lisk.sh
- Implemented url flag for lisk.sh to allow remote snapshots to be used with rebuild.
- Updated rebuild logic to allow for local backups to be reused and to specify file name.
- Improved lisk startup to display current block height after start or status is issued.
- Implemented new logic for interactive snapshotting.
- Added progress bar when downloading snapshots.

lisk_snapshot.sh
- Implemented lisk_snapshot.sh for automated database backups.
- Added snapshot.json for configuring lisk_snapshot.sh backups.

installLisk.sh
- Removed duplicated block height check already present in lisk.sh.
- Changed coldstart to use empty blockchain.db.gz.

Documentation
- Updated upgrade instructions to use automated upgrade.
- Updated testnet installation instructions.

How could you say you're focusing on the platform if you're not immersing developers in creating blockchain apps?
The docs are so application specific, even if they followed it they'd basically be creating just 1 type of thing.

Imagine you are sitting in a bus. You want to drive from France to Portugal. What you are saying is, "why are you driving through Spain, when you can be in Portugal directly?". Well, you can't. You have to concentrate on the foundation first, once this is solid, you can concentrate on the SDK. The docs are early alpha examples.

Btw. Emerge, welcome back. You could have notified me that you are posting a bashing article on Lisk, go away for a few months, not even say me that you are not interested anymore in being an ambassador, and now come back to bash Lisk on the forums. Smiley

Anyway, your bashing doesn't work. We are hard at work here and our platform is progressing very nicely.

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform
Emerge
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 12:43:29 PM

-- snip --

I really never meant to bash. Your community drove me away from Lisk.
I was and always am a supporter. You don't seem to take criticism well do you?
moonfrog

Activity: 341

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 12:51:12 PM

Max hears thousands words of criticism every day and he should grow-up like an anticriticism bulletproof vest. Why no love for Max and his Lisk?

empty
Emerge
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 12:54:09 PM

Max hears thousands words of criticism every day and he should grow-up like an anticriticism bulletproof vest. Why no love for Max and his Lisk?

I love Lisk, again, don't get me wrong. It's just that at the moment there were fanatics making bad rap for Lisk.
Max is a good guy. It's the community that drove me away.
Forrest01

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 01:02:41 PM

The first iPhone had no 3rd party apps. Without the PS4 there would be no PS4 games. Without Windows no .exe programmes. Without Lisk no Lisk blockchain apps.

We are focusing on the platform. The currency is one part of that.

Hi Max, we completely agree with your viewpoint that lisk platform should be strengthened before community forging start or before building blockchain apps but platform strengthening should have been carried out in the fastest way possible and to save time more developers need to work on it.

LiskHQ has not hired any new developer since June (after Ricarrdo), this is my concern. I know you are actively finding suitable candidates for the job but this has taken too long.

If there would have been two-three additional developers to help Oliver then Mainchain Stabilisation might have been either completed by now or very close to completion. Hope you hire some developers soon.
Poly#Crypto

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 02:46:42 PM

I love Lisk, again, don't get me wrong. It's just that at the moment there were fanatics making bad rap for Lisk.

Oh, I remember. You were the winner of the App Idea Contest right?
I was wondering you were very active here in the beginning. What's wrong with the community?
Revelations86

Activity: 428
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 03:01:32 PM

Lisk down and up,down and up to 0.02 BTC.

Unfortunately, its a clear downhill trend over the past several months and people have to make the decision to either stick with it in the hopes of it going back up in the long term or risk it going downhill further which is going to happen in the short term and it may not recover.  I set a threshold for selling and unfortunately, it went down to that point.   I wish everyone good luck with Lisk. 
X1235

Activity: 671
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 03:04:53 PM

The docs are early alpha examples.

The docs are crucial for the adoption. No apps, no Lisk.
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 03:09:28 PM

Oh, I remember. You were the winner of the App Idea Contest right?
I was wondering you were very active here in the beginning. What's wrong with the community?

I have the feeling there isn't even a community at the moment.
Part of it may be that people are staying on the sidelines, waiting for Lisk to get in a state, where you can actually start developing apps for it. I think at the moment, that's how it is: A lot of people waiting around, getting testy. I don't say it's the Lisk teams fault, it just is the way it is.
I expect once, you are actually able to develop on Lisk, a lot of people you haven't heard/read from in months to jump back in, coming back with ideas they had in the early hype days. I may be one of them. But in the mean time, I think everything that could've been said and discussed, has been discussed and there isn't much to do, except for visiting this thread or other Lisk news channels from time to time to see what's up.
The problem is, that we will have lost a good few of interesting people with nice ideas, once there actually is a platform to develop on. Let's hope we can fill these holes with other interesting people.
Max once said he doesn't want to advertise Lisk too much too early. He was right about that, but I think in part, this happened anyway, by accident or by the nature of it.
myferrari

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 03:10:27 PM

-- snip --

Probably he won't listen to us, he can buy mansion, ferrari, lambo, why hear us?   Cheesy  He has unlimited fortune

dranster

Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 03:13:35 PM

Out of LISK before it becomes another CRYPTI  Grin Grin Grin
LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2016, 03:30:26 PM

-- snip --

You are not a supporter, you are creating hate and uncertainty. That's all there is. I don't care what you say about me, but stop pointing fingers to the community, which "drove you away from Lisk". It's not true.

p75formula

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 03:31:39 PM

It's the community that drove me away.

Doesn't seem like the community did a very good job of driving you away since you're still here.
fezington

Activity: 337

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 04:03:18 PM

Hey Max, can I borrow your fancy coat until I break even Cheesy
Emerge
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 04:07:36 PM

It's the community that drove me away.

Doesn't seem like the community did a very good job of driving you away since you're still here.

I'm here for Lisk not for you nor Max.

-- snip --

You are not a supporter, you are creating hate and uncertainty. That's all there is. I don't care what you say about me, but stop pointing fingers to the community, which "drove you away from Lisk". It's not true.

That's a heap ton of bullshit coming from your mouth saying you don't care when you're pretty damn concerned about Lisk's price. If you focused on Lisk's purpose over the price maybe everything else would have followed.
oOxenonOo

Activity: 362

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 04:08:17 PM

-- snip --

There is lot of tension around Lisk, lot of members fallows just this thread as news source, and this thread doesn't look well last few months.

Easy tip for you Max, make daily based posts here, just like you was at the beginning, with updates, or just replay, people will feel more connected with team and have more faith. Or hire marketing manager, he don't need to start with marketing, but he will surely know how to calm down community and make things go smooth.

Develop Custom Decentralized Blockchain Applications in JavaScript with LISK! Lisk Site
LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2016, 04:14:34 PM

Hey Max, can I borrow your fancy coat until I break even Cheesy

I'm sure you don't want it. It's old and beat-up everywhere. I'm glad you like it though. Cheesy

-- snip --

There is lot of tension around Lisk, lot of members fallows just this thread as news source, and this thread doesn't look well last few months.

Easy tip for you Max, make daily based posts here, just like you was at the beginning, with updates, or just replay, people will feel more connected with team and have more faith. Or hire marketing manager, he don't need to start with marketing, but he will surely know how to calm down community and make things go smooth.

This week we had the Weekly Summary 006 and the Community Meeting announcement. Last week we had the Weekly Summary, Lisk Nano update, Lisk Community Thank you, and Lisk v0.4.0 update. We will continue to do our best to deliver constant updates to this thread, as we have done so since the beginning. Thank you a lot for the hint. Smiley

Please note, the tension is created by a few individuals. The real action happens in the Lisk.Chat.

Pages: « 1 ... 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 [1626] 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: