Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:34:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you store your bitcoins?  (Read 92194 times)
rddsd7

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:17:40 AM

I am using 3 web wallets
coinbase/bittrex/bitfinex

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Malaya

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:17:14 PM

In our country, we can only store our bitcoins in a bitcoin wallet. But as far as we know even in other countries, there are so many ways you can store different crytocurrencies or altcoins to protect these as an asset like store it in KeepKey, Nano Ledger S, Trezor, Coinbase, MyEtherWallet, Jaxx, Software Wallet and TLDR. These things or these wallets can store your bitcoin with your password that will make sure these shall be kept well.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
gokudera

Activity: 256
Merit: 36

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:25:08 PM

Hello everyone as the title says ^
Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?
After I received my tokens on my Etherium Wallet i will sell it to have a bitcoin and usually keep it in my Bitcoin wallet, Online wallet. For me to have secure and systematized area.

yasuoWasakey99

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:25:20 PM

I store my bitcoins in a wallet i would recommend to use blockchain and myetherwallet because those are the best to use blcokchain is very secure for your bitcoins and ethereum and myetherwallet can help you save your tokens and other altcoins.
Neglected Person

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:55:26 PM

I use a mixture of ways to store my bitcoin I wouldn't want to be one of those ones that lost everything.I store my bitcoins in my cold storage and in my online wallet.
Frostyroar

Activity: 23

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:58:59 PM

I hold my bitcoins online at Coinbase. Even seems not secure in the first view this is only an impression and not a fact. Seems that the online wallet are the less secure but if read all the data given about this matter offered by Coin base understand the right meaning that the word "secure" has for this business. I am writing some. First must be told (even this has nothing to do with the security but with your pocket) all the fee-s of the sent of bitcoin are paid from Coin base.
Honestly, I advise you should to use other online wallet instead of Coinbase. Although Coinbase wallet has not about security our money, but when you need to withdraw your Bitcoin when Bitcoin has strong volatility in the market, that is the time you usually can not withdraw your money and pending until the price of Bitcoin stable. It is just my experience used this wallet in one year, therefore I do not know this wallet has solve this issue or not, but I think my said can help you consider.

But you didn't really offer him what to replace Coinbase with. It's like saying not to drink water but didn't say what type of other liquid should he drink. Should he drink soda, pepsi, coke? None of that information. I suggest that you find a local online wallet. In my case, the local online wallet uses the exchange rate at the time that you requested cash out. Once you've issued a cash out, the wallet is just waiting for you to pay. It does have an expiration though. I think this is to prevent having people have multiple cash out and cash in requests and use those to trade funds whenever a spike is happening and make profit just by that little loophole.

In case you want to actually be "secure", you should use a desktop wallet or an offline wallet. Coinbase is on the Internet and it's no brainer that hackers are going to try to put it down and gather all the coins that coinbase has. Once that happens, you cannot do anything because it's not coinbase's fault that they got attacked so much and with the amount of coins that's in their system, they are never going to be able to pay all that.
I agree with you but i do not trust desktop wallets but an offline wallets seems very good because if you use that no one can enter it with the internet so no hacker would be able to reach your wallet but i use blockchain en mew for my altcoins.
wolfgang56

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:01:41 PM

Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?
In my country we have this wallet that you can store your bitcoin as well as our currency. And this is where I store my bitcoins, there are feature where you can convert your bitcoin into currency and vice-versa. But there is a deduction when you converted from currency to bitcoin but it is not that high so it is okay to convert whenever you want.

Yarsk

Activity: 448
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:07:22 PM

Ever since I got introduced to bitcoin I have never store my bitcoin in any other form of storage other then online platform and my most preferred wallet is blockchain.info
And it has never disappointed me. But I want to try storing my bitcoin in phone or desktop or paper wallet.
Drakula

Activity: 421
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:13:54 PM

Bitcoins are stored in my bitcoin wallet protected by my private address.
I do such thing too. I'm storing my Bitcoin through my wallet and I'll make sure that everything is secured and I have a valid information in my wallet account so it can't be just hack easily due to its strong security. And I'll make sure that the wallet I'm using is trusted by many people.
hhxcwz1

Activity: 69

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:17:52 PM

I store my bitcoins on exchange,because i think the wallet.dat is very hard to protect.I am very afraid of losing it.So i put my bitcoins on exchange.It is safer for me.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Rubberduck59

Activity: 340

NEM <3

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:22:02 PM

I have yet to try out paperwallets, but i think ill skip that as ive ordered a Trezor hadrware wallet. Earlier i used Poloniex but quickly transfered my funds to offline wallets

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Lerosaeyan6

Activity: 375

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:25:13 PM

I store my bitcoin in 3 different wallets. When it comes to my bitcoin, I feel overprotecting because I have experienced and earned how valuable it is. I fear that if I only put them in one wallet, there might be a chance that it will get hacked or something. So, to prevent losing my bitcoin from theft, I kept them in 3 different wallets, just to be sure.
same with me. beside it i add the 2fa to make it more safety. i use web wallet and hardware wallet
i just thinking about the risk if saving in one place like scam phising or hacked

Jamboo30

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:26:29 PM

It is dangerous to keep BTC on exchanges market.
You should devide it into 4 parts and store it in 4 wallets which have the most security.

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
feiss

Activity: 155

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:35:41 PM

I store my bitcoins using online wallet like coins.ph because that is the most used wallet here in our country. There are also many different kinds of wallet that you can store bitcoins. For examples are blockchain wallet etc. and there are also some offline wallet to avoid hackers. You must not give your personal information to anyone to avoid losing your bitcoins and other important things you have.

zxl912157

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:39:55 PM

It is dangerous to keep BTC on exchanges market.
You should devide it into 4 parts and store it in 4 wallets which have the most security.

I think it's excessive, there are some very trustworthy exchanges to store Bitcoin.
yes suppose Poloniex or Binance.
unfortunately there are some people start afraid of storing BTC in Bitrex, there is a WD limit.
dboy3225

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:42:43 PM

I store my bitcoins in wallets, so it can not be stolen at once.I think its the best option you can take to use more wallets than one.
Yurio

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:37:54 PM

I store my bitcoins on an online wallet. I did the two-factor authentification to the login and everything is fine. Take the link, if you want to use this service - apibtc.com
bitcoinmaniac52

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:26:17 PM

I store mine on freebitco.in. It's easier and accessible anywhere.

Man I think you are making a big mistake by storing your Bitcoin on that site. You should not even use 3rd party big exchanges let alone small sites like that one. I mean I known freebitco.in is well known and such, but seriously you must not have a lot of BTC or you are crazy for storing them on that site instead of a paper wallet.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ziomuro27

Activity: 406
Merit: 254

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 01:53:38 AM

I store it in my virtual wallet which I can use everyyime that I wanted this just the most great wallet that I use and I had to, things are much easier with the help of it, also I invest bitcoin to this wallet and let my Bitcoin grow more.

center]
           ▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
WINDICE

▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀

OPlay NowO

Follow Us
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
[/center]
BitcoinSniper

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 02:01:12 AM

If you don't want to take the risk of price fluctuation and stuff, then might as well leave bitcoins. Bitcoins is volatile and it always will be volatile. I think the actual reason why you're doing all of these is, ultimately, you're afraid that you're going to get hacked so you just either withdraw your funds or scatter them elsewhere. I suggest that you study how to use cold wallet. Holding bitcoin for a long time is far much better than investing to some investment site. Only withdraw what you need for your daily expenses.
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: