Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:47:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you store your bitcoins?  (Read 92194 times)
Oo ako to

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 12:55:54 AM

Cold storage, offline all the time. That s the only safe storage you can get. You can keep a very small amount in some online wallet, 2FA authentication combined with email authentication is must have in that case.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
regular

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 12:58:01 AM

Hello everyone as the title says ^
Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?

Definitely in cold storage as the bitcoin hard fork is coming up.

Don't wanna risk losing all your life savings of bitcoin because the exchange site or the wallet site you are storing your coins on doesn't give you the option of getting 2 coins from 2 blockchains.

The safest way is to get a hardware wallet, like trezor or ledger, and then store your bitcoins there.

And back up your seeds, of course.
NoiseBoy

Activity: 266

Sound. Fury. Signifying.

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 01:06:53 AM

Love my trezor. Hardware wallets are definitely worth the investment.
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 02:01:50 AM

I store my bitcoins in different wallet, online wallet like coins.ph, and in exchange. Since, I learn bitcoin since 2015 these are the wallets I always used. And, anytime this gives me safest wallets so far.
NEWGOODOUBLE

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 02:34:13 AM

I always use online wallets. Ease of use and you don't need the whole blockchain downloaded and updated copy continuesly untill you can make​ a transaction.
yeah without synchronization or whatever it is. online wallet is much easier to use and can be taken anywhere without the need to carry a computer or your latpop
lemonade09

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 02:48:33 AM

If I'm you I would store my bitcoin in my computer in web or in my phone ..but I recommend storing your wallet in your phone .
So that you can easily use it where ever you are you can buy things that you wanted using your phone in many stores that accepting bitcoins.
However if you don't like spending your bitcoin and your a guy who just work at home and stay in your home all day I your recommend to use a wallet in your computer or wallet that is in your web just be careful to use a trusted wallet that has no fee or low fee and you also need to consider that exchange rate in your wallet..
PhucS

Activity: 742

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 06:21:37 AM

At the start I earn Bitcoin, I only knew how to store Bitcoins online on the internet through Blockchain and Coinbase wallets. These are two types of wallets used to store Bitcoins online quite well, it is quite popular with everyone. Blockchain's transaction fees are quite expensive, but its security is pretty good. Coinbase too, previously Coinbase did not charge but now fees have been applied. Currently, I use a combination of both online storage and stored on a computer with software. In the future, I plan to store my Bitcoin through a device that is almost like usb, which is the Ledger USB wallet Cheesy
Ossidalm

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 08:10:03 AM

At the start I earn Bitcoin, I only knew how to store Bitcoins online on the internet through Blockchain and Coinbase wallets. These are two types of wallets used to store Bitcoins online quite well, it is quite popular with everyone. Blockchain's transaction fees are quite expensive, but its security is pretty good. Coinbase too, previously Coinbase did not charge but now fees have been applied. Currently, I use a combination of both online storage and stored on a computer with software. In the future, I plan to store my Bitcoin through a device that is almost like usb, which is the Ledger USB wallet Cheesy

I always store the bitcoin in my own wallet. First I use QT, then Core, now the Unlimited wallet.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 08:44:40 AM

I always use online wallets. Ease of use and you don't need the whole blockchain downloaded and updated copy continuesly untill you can make​ a transaction.
yeah without synchronization or whatever it is. online wallet is much easier to use and can be taken anywhere without the need to carry a computer or your latpop
It is good to use online wallet when you are just storing a few bitcoins but if you are a serious bitcoin holder or investor then you are using online wallet then i can say to you that you are putting your bitcoins in danger because online means not secured because there is no safe thing in the internet and all the things in the internet are not safe so it is better if you use hardware wallet for storing big amount of bitcoins.
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 08:53:30 AM

Online wallets are risky as you have a fear of loosing your bitcoins so the best choice would be to store your bitcoins in offline wallet and for that I think electrum wallet is the best as it has great safety features and won't be possible for anyone to hack your coins.
Not all offline wallet are safe but you can save it high amount of bitcoin there. I use online wallet  And I thimk it safe like blockchain and coinbase and even my country's wallet .  I like online wallet because you can easily learned how to use it. ONLINE WALLET update so you can use many features and they have always authentication or code that send to your gmail yo be secure and other wallet have vault like coinbase . 
Yes thats the good features of online wallets as you stated.Secure enough but not totally secured for someone.No internet system is safe by this time anything can be hacked.New wave of technology.So still for me not storing in online wallets is still safer for me.yeah i also use online wallets but only for transactions and not by storing bitcoins through it

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
232drialf

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 09:51:02 AM

I am store bitcoin in exchanger,. Because once I use to trade with altcoin.
So, I could have two advantages. No need walletqt and economical cost of transaction.
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1159

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 11:48:31 AM

Online wallets are risky as you have a fear of loosing your bitcoins so the best choice would be to store your bitcoins in offline wallet and for that I think electrum wallet is the best as it has great safety features and won't be possible for anyone to hack your coins.

Not all offline wallet is safe and even online, but for me I better choose online wallet because I can easily access it wherever I am and wherever I want to.  Also i trust Online wallets as there is no hassle of private key etc. Offline wallet has the problem that if your system is crashed and you dont have your private key you will lose your coins.  

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 12:11:55 PM

I always use online wallets. Ease of use and you don't need the whole blockchain downloaded and updated copy continuesly untill you can make a transaction.

Not all offline wallet is safe and even online, but for me I better choose online wallet because I can easily access it wherever I am and wherever I want to.  Also i trust Online wallets as there is no hassle of private key etc. Offline wallet has the problem that if your system is crashed and you dont have your private key you will lose your coins. 

According to my knowledge, online wallets is better, because if anything happens we can have chance to get back our money. But offline wallet system crashed means it's gone. I don't know how to get my wallet balance back. So I preferred online wallet. And I will not hold coins more days in online wallets I will sell coins whenever I feel the rate is good.
arransiv

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 12:33:54 PM

In an online wallet that has all the authentications possible turned on,for me that's a good way to store your BTC,I know a lot of people will say that you have to store it on a paper wallet for example but I operate with my BTC quite a lot and that wouldn't be possible
Casabrandy

Activity: 837
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 12:38:42 PM

I store bitcoin in online wallet and I also use a mobile wallet so that when I am outside of home I still can make transactions.

I stored my btc most of the time on some investment site that are reliable and offers good return, and if there are non on abstinent that strikes my attention for investing . I store it on my online wallet tat offers lot of features. For example is eloading,payment center  and cash out thru ATM instantly without a Atm card in need, we just only need to find some reliable investing nd wallet site for us to felt secure storing and growing our btc.

VER
       ,█████████p
      ,███████████.
      d███████████b
     d█████P ██████b
    ,██████' `██████.
    d█████P   Y█████b
   d██████     ██████L
  ,██████P     ]██████.
  ███████       Y██████
 d██████L__   __J██████b
,██████████   ██████████p
███████████   ███████████

Our project will provide you with the most
favorable terms of trade, user-friendly interface,
as well as a high level of protection of our platform.

.VeraExchange.
...NEW ERA OF EXCHANGE...

.April 22th.

..JOIN NOW..
ankit10

Activity: 952
Merit: 267

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 12:39:27 PM

i store all my bitcoins in online wallet ,becasue its easay to use from anywhere and anytime but we have to secure our online wallets from attackers that's why its better to use 2 fact. authenticaton,but i think its better to use paper wallet as it is saffest way to store your bitcoin.
crazycatwoman03

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 04:10:49 AM

Hello everyone as the title says ^
Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?

I store my bitcoins on an online wallet. This wallet is where all my earnings from signature campaigns go.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Nanda Dewi277

Activity: 784
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 04:47:09 AM

I use blockchain.info to store them and I use paper wallets for longer term. I do try some other wallets at times but I dont feel a need to use them since I like blockchain.info If I had many bitcoins then I would only trust a full qt wallet with serious amounts like that. For quick transactions online ones are far and you can't walk around running a full wallet on your phone xP
to me i personally using double wallets one is from blockchain.info and second is yobit.net. one is fo my personal use to spend bitcoin and the second is for trading and investment purposes.
I think yobit not the wallet but if you use it only for trading activities was not a problem but you have kept on standby for a third party no one is safe on the internet

Bitcoin wallet to store bitcoin such as Coinbase blockchain.info , xapo and others. Yobit is mostly a exchanger site. So perhaps more accurately when you put money in yobit actually you have deposited your money to trade, not really means you store on it . A website exchanger is not suitable for storing Bitcoin in the long term
yes, it is true, wallet market is used only to trade not to save bitcoin in the long term.
and save bitcoin in the market is very unsafe.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▄▄
              ▄▀          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▄
            █        ▄▀▀                  ▀▀▄   ▀▄
          █      ▄▀                ▄▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄   ▀▄          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
  █     █     █                ▄▀            ▀    ▀        ▄▄▀▀   █████  ▀▀▄
█  █▄█     █   ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▌                          ▄▀     ███████         █
█       ▀▀▄▄▀▀  ▄▄   █  █                      ▄▀    ████████           █
  █   ▀██▄▄   ███   █    █                 █▀  ██████████        █  █
    ▀▄   ███████     ▀▀▄ ▀▄▄    ▄▄▀▀    ████   ████      █  █  █
        ▀▄▄     ██████    ▀▀█▄▀▀     ████████████  █  █  █  █
              ▀█   ██████▄▄          █████████████    █  █  █  █
                 █   █████████████████████████  ▄▀  █  █ █
                  █    ███████████████████████  ▄▀▄▀▄▀ █
                   █     ████████████████████   ▄▀▄▀ ▄▀ █
                     █          █████████████    ▄▄▀▄▀ ▄▀  █
                       ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄▄  █████ ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀ ▄▀    █
                           ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄▄▀▀   ▄▀       █
                               ▀▄        ███          ▄▄▀▄   █   █
                                   ▀▄ ███     ▄▄▀▀       ▀▄  ▄█
                                 ▄▀      ▄▄▀▀                  ▀▀
                                  ▀▀▀▀▀
  W h a l e  M a k e r

||
▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬
A Fundraising Platform for
Massive Disruption
||
         ▄▄              ▄▄
        ███           ███
   ▄███████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
██                     ▄▄▄      ██
██           ▄▄    ████      ██
██        ████  ████       ██
██      ██     ██    ▀        ██
██    ██        ▀               ██
██▄                             ▄██
▀██████████████████▀
   ▀███████████████▀
Governance &
Rewards
                  ▄███▄
                    ███
  ▄███▄          █           ▄███▄
    ███     ▄███████▄    ███
         █▄█████░████▄█
   ▄     █████░░░█████       ▄
  ██  █████░███▄█████   ███
██████████░░░███████████
  ██   █████████░█████  ███
   ▀     █████░░░█████       ▀
          █▀████░████▀█
      ███    ▀██████▀   ███
    ▀███▀        █          ▀██▀
                    ███
                  ▀███▀
Smart-Funding
Aggregator &
Staking
||▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬ OCEAN PAPER ▬▬▬▬▬
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 12:17:27 PM

In an online wallet that has all the authentications possible turned on,for me that's a good way to store your BTC,I know a lot of people will say that you have to store it on a paper wallet for example but I operate with my BTC quite a lot and that wouldn't be possible

Online wallets are best place to store your bitcoins but only if you activated 2 factor authentication method otherwise it is very risky because according to news north korean hackers stole money from south korean exchange so there are many hackers who are waiting to stole your bitcoins so be careful and activate 2FA so on every transaction exchange manager ask you to confirm that transaction via text and email.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 04:44:22 PM

I don’t have many coins so I think it will be overboard to try to get cold storage or a hardware wallet or even a paper wallet for the low amount of bitcoin that I have so I just store my coins in  my personal computer with a desktop wallet.
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: