Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:25:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Havelock Investments - Exchange feedback/comments  (Read 248023 times)
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 09:18:46 PM

No update on twitter though.
https://twitter.com/canadianbitcoin/status/352829161854861313

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
talz0r

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 09:26:42 PM

oh!

Sorry guys!  Apparently I'm slightly confused on how twitter actually works..
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 09:29:49 PM

No worries I just hope lightbox finds a better DDOS solution
Don't think cloudflare is doing its job maybe Modsecurity instead

felente

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 10:06:47 PM

You guys are seriously undermining trust in your service, even if it's not your fault that you are DDOSed. There are measures that can be taken against this. Embarrassed
how, to be more concrete
talz0r

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 10:19:11 PM

I just want to take this time to say that Havelock's trading platform is AWESOME. I never imagined myself as a stock trader but bitcoin makes it so easy.  I bought bitcoins earlier this year from cavirtex and thats when I saw the banner ad for Havelock.  You mean I can create an account and in less than 5 minutes I can use my newly acquired bitcoin to buy stock in the exchange that I just used to get the bitcoin?   Ok that could be fun.  Next thing I know, between VTX and ASICM my 10.5 btc has turned into 14+ btc.  I'm no financial guru, but that seems like a pretty good return for the amount of risk involved.  And the fees are practically non existent.

Yeah, all that being said I sincerely hope Havelock gets this sorted out because they provide an amazing service!
lightbox (OP)

Activity: 212

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 04:33:59 AM

things are up again, for now.

https://www.canadianbitcoins.com for quick & easy buy/sell with $CAD
Canada's Oldest Bitcoin Brokerage.  Serving Canadian Bitcoiners since 2011!
talz0r

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 10:25:04 AM

so far so good
lightbox (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 04:07:27 AM

By promoting ISPs, that are transparent, exchanges will be helping this BTC community.

ISPs that have chosen to become protective legalized buckets of stupidity, seem to be the main body of ISPs out there.  I can remember the days of copper POTS lines and Win NT, when life was better.

Please give us more info about your ISP, because in the end, that is one of the main reasons to bother investing coin.  No, I do not trust the IT guys when they say "just wait" because that's a new IT mentality, that sucks, and which has been propagated by the current management of IT in America, who are unworthy of their jobs and paychecks.

ISP freedom, is 100% part of bitcoin's chances of survival.  This means that when your exchange gets f-ed up, you need to share all data second by second, so that the greater number of minds, can be applied to what is a public issue.  That's how trust gets built and held over time.

Give us more info about the DDOS.  Tell your ISP to do so or give us their phone number so that we who understand IT, can call them and help them.

By giving you (the general public, not you personally) a detailed account of our current IT setup, what data centers we use, what upstream pipes they use, etc would only be putting us more at risk because more information would be out there to the bad guys to find ways to further the attacks... I'll consider carefully what it is safe to release and what it isn't, but in the mean time, know that we are doing everything we can to prevent it from happening again.  When havelock was setup, we originally had it in the same physical data center, and indeed on the same subnet as lightbox technologies (my other business), which is fairly easy to figure out the IT details of.  This has now been changed so both havelock and canadianbitcoins are completely independent of lightbox technologies.  Thats about all i'll say for now.

felente

Activity: 147

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 06:53:53 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2013, 07:12:04 PM by felente

...because more information would be out there to the bad guys...

thoughts:

these 2 o 3 days (ddos @ him) other trading sites have not been suffered from ddos, have personally checked them few times...
what i mean here is not that these sites have something todo with all that.
in opposite:

i think you should look closely at YOUR CUSTOMERS, who placed significant orders shortly before beginning of DDos, and (maybe) shortly AFTER beginning of (especially) ASICM price swing...
that will give you no 100% proof of something, even not 30%... but! => will be good to monitor orders of these accounts in case of other similar attacks and make conclusions in the future.

it would be very profitable for some subjects to gain advantages when others are unable to cancel orders made when prices were substantially different... the engine does ya trades automatically, once they're fired and queued.

just my logic.

uh. edit.
good to look at beginning and ending times of both consequent ddos'es i think. there was 2 parts of it, right?
also the logic is extendable further.
TheDDD

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 06:15:25 AM

Anyone else having a deposit not showing up on Havelock in a timely fashion?

A mining fund did a deposit on sunday. Transaction has a couple hundred confirmations, my receiving address is correct.

Any reason why it might not have arrived in my havelock account yet?

All previous deposits were picked up in a fast and timely manner. I can imagine there is some backlog work due to the DDOS-ing of late, but deposits not arriving is kinda scary to me.

And while I post this, it appears. Still curious about the delay, cause normally it never takes over 30 hours. Smiley
lightbox (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 10:13:58 AM

Anyone else having a deposit not showing up on Havelock in a timely fashion?

A mining fund did a deposit on sunday. Transaction has a couple hundred confirmations, my receiving address is correct.

Any reason why it might not have arrived in my havelock account yet?

All previous deposits were picked up in a fast and timely manner. I can imagine there is some backlog work due to the DDOS-ing of late, but deposits not arriving is kinda scary to me.

And while I post this, it appears. Still curious about the delay, cause normally it never takes over 30 hours. Smiley

Please email details of your deposit to info@havelockinvestments.com so we can investigate. Indeed it should not take that long. Deposits are handled automatically so DDOS shouldn't have affected the deposits once the site was back up (since Thursday evening)

James

ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 01:30:14 PM

Please note that this week the ticker symbol for ASICM will be changed to AM100.

This will not affect anything about the asset other than the ticker symbol.

Thanks!
louong

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:02:35 PM

Temporary site troubles aside, I have used and currently use Havelock and find it has the combination of the best interface and the least "fluff" in terms of securities.

Can also vouch for lightbox, owner/operator of Havelock. He is the most accessible of the 3 exchange operators - almost always available on IRC to chat, or you can even contact him by phone. I've also completed a larger transaction successfully with him on something unrelated to Havelock.

Bitcoin Tips Accepted: 17r5ebmU2JDqEuEfWkWzJ9TkShS1MqTJYH
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 05:02:21 PM

After much planning and preparation, I'm proud to announce that Havelock & TAT Investments will be providing a new venue for you to trade full shares of ASICMINER.

This asset works much like ASICMINER-PT on BTCT.co, with total support for importing & exporting of direct shares as well as ASICMINER-PT & G.ASICMINER

This passthrough also pays 100% of dividends!

Launch Date/Time to be announced soon! Imports are being accepted immediately!

As part of this launch the other fractional passthrough, named ASICM, will be renamed to AM100, to make the names more informative:
AM1 = Full Shares
AM100 = Fractional Shares
NOTE: None of the fractional shares are currently eligible for importing into this new asset (TAT.ASICMINER, nor AM100).

Full details here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=253673.0
lunarboy

Activity: 544

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 06:57:49 PM

After much planning and preparation, I'm proud to announce that Havelock & TAT Investments will be providing a new venue for you to trade full shares of ASICMINER.

This asset works much like ASICMINER-PT on BTCT.co, with total support for importing & exporting of direct shares as well as ASICMINER-PT & G.ASICMINER

This passthrough also pays 100% of dividends!

Launch Date/Time to be announced soon! Imports are being accepted immediately!

As part of this launch the other fractional passthrough, named ASICM, will be renamed to AM100, to make the names more informative:
AM1 = Full Shares
AM100 = Fractional Shares
NOTE: None of the fractional shares are currently eligible for importing into this new asset (TAT.ASICMINER, nor AM100).

Full details here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=253673.0

Are you planning on having an option to import the fractional shares into this new listing? (that would be nice  Smiley )
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:06:24 PM

Are you planning on having an option to import the fractional shares into this new listing? (that would be nice  Smiley )

Nope, sorry. Every other type of ASICMINER will be accepted though.
soundasleep

Activity: 169

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 01:15:39 PM

Today I've added support to keep track of your Havelock Invesments balance and securities to CryptFolio (thread). This helps you keep track of your securities' values over time, and generates reports (such as your overall USD net worth).

CryptFolio will also start tracking historical data for securities as well.
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 01:19:14 PM

Today I've added support to keep track of your Havelock Invesments balance and securities to CryptFolio (thread). This helps you keep track of your securities' values over time, and generates reports (such as your overall USD net worth).

Interesting, but I want to warn people to be careful with the data they give to 3rd Party sites.
lightbox (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 08:37:45 PM

Interesting, but I want to warn people to be careful with the data they give to 3rd Party sites.

Definitely be careful -- create an API key that has READ ONLY access (ie, check the boxes to give permission to your balance and portfolio, but nothing else)  to provide to 3rd party sites like cryptfolio.  They dont need any sort of deposit/withdrawal/trade access

freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 11:11:10 AM

Just two small questions today since I was talking to Mitchell and he said to ask here

Regarding Canbit a quick question if any progress has been made since June regarding the KYC documents with any of the Big 5/6

And the real reason I came to post ^^

Vanity bug
There is a small clock error in trade activity newly executed orders use local time not server time not really an issue except during daylight savings ^^
http://postimg.org/image/5k6z0dy7l/

Thanks as always
Freedom

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: