Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:48:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Havelock Investments - Exchange feedback/comments  (Read 248020 times)
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:57:38 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2013, 04:15:54 AM by freedomno1

Could what happened to BTC.TC also happen with Havelock? What is the legal situation in Canada regarding virtual exchanges?

We don't know exactly whhy BTC-TC decided to close operations, only what's been mentioned on the threads.  We're still having ongoing discussions with our legal team in order to keep Havelock operational.

As an off-side was talking with Milo from Emgateway and was wondering if your legal team is running into similar issues.
As a recommendation sometimes it makes more sense to get it going then work on the regulators  Smiley

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
havelock

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 12:22:10 PM

Could what happened to BTC.TC also happen with Havelock? What is the legal situation in Canada regarding virtual exchanges?

We don't know exactly whhy BTC-TC decided to close operations, only what's been mentioned on the threads.  We're still having ongoing discussions with our legal team in order to keep Havelock operational.

As an off-side was talking with Milo from Emgateway and was wondering if your legal team is running into similar issues.
As a recommendation sometimes it makes more sense to get it going then work on the regulators  Smiley

We don't actually know what BTC-TC's issues were so I can't even say if they are similar. 

jboogie

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 09:16:28 AM

We're still having ongoing discussions with our legal team in order to keep Havelock operational.

so it could be your legals advise you to close your operations?

it seems that at least in the USA these types of exchangs  are explicitly illegal, so maybe you should take some action on that like blocking USA's ip addresses?
havelock

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 11:39:41 AM

We're still having ongoing discussions with our legal team in order to keep Havelock operational.

it seems that at least in the USA these types of exchangs  are explicitly illegal, so maybe you should take some action on that like blocking USA's ip addresses?

We're going to wait and see what our legal team says before taking any action.  Our goal is obviously to keep Havelock operational.

tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 11:52:08 AM

We're going to wait and see what our legal team says before taking any action.  Our goal is obviously to keep Havelock operational.

Don't keep us in uncertainty too long!
Jay84

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 06:43:09 PM

Hi Havelock,

just opened an account with you to participate on NEOBEE IPVO. Got one guestion. If for whatever reason anything happen with your exchange and it dissapears tomorow. How could I prove that I am the owner of NEOBEE shares? BitFunder has its assets list which is very transparent. I didn't find anything like that on your website.

Thanks for clarification a keep up the good work!
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 08:39:13 PM

Hi Havelock,

just opened an account with you to participate on NEOBEE IPVO. Got one guestion. If for whatever reason anything happen with your exchange and it dissapears tomorow. How could I prove that I am the owner of NEOBEE shares? BitFunder has its assets list which is very transparent. I didn't find anything like that on your website.

Such an asset list would also be a good addition to the Havelock site!
havelock

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 09:37:38 PM

Hi Havelock,

Each issuer has a unitholder list.  They know which user has which number of units.

Carnth

Activity: 634
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:50:43 PM

lightbox/Havelock, I want to move my ASICMINER shares  from BTC.TC to Havelock.

Can you provide me instruction on how to expedite this?

Thank YOU!

Havelock doesn't run the AM-PT, but ThickAsThieves does.

He tells you how to move shares in this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300776.0

Warning, read very carefully and follow all instructions.
Jay84

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 06:16:54 AM

Hi Havelock,

Each issuer has a unitholder list.  They know which user has which number of units.

Ok, but how do they identify me? Just by my login so I have to keep my login as safe as private key to my public adress at BitFunder? Didn't read anything about that on your website. How often is unitholder list updated?
havelock

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 11:45:49 AM

Hi Havelock,

Each issuer has a unitholder list.  They know which user has which number of units.

Ok, but how do they identify me? Just by my login so I have to keep my login as safe as private key to my public adress at BitFunder? Didn't read anything about that on your website. How often is unitholder list updated?

They identify you by your email address.  They'll contact you if there is a need for a migration to another platform. It's updated in real-time.

Jay84

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 12:19:56 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2013, 12:43:33 PM by Jay84

Hi Havelock,

They identify you by your email address.  They'll contact you if there is a need for a migration to another platform. It's updated in real-time.

Thanks. One more question. Don't you think, it would be much safer to run the same public asset list as BF does? Identifying just by email is pretty risky and less practicable. In case of public adress registration, issuer may pay dividends even if he is not able to identify/contact shareholder, which is great because if the shareholder does not know about havelock shut down or for whatever reason may not regularly check his email, he gets what belongs to him anyway. It could save a lot of trouble for both, shareholder and issuer. In my view, this should be standard in this industry.  
jboogie

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 02:52:34 PM

Thanks. One more question. Don't you think, it would be much safer to run the same public asset list as BF does? Identifying just by email is pretty risky and less practicable. In case of public adress registration, issuer may pay dividends even if he is not able to identify/contact shareholder, which is great because if the shareholder does not know about havelock shut down or for whatever reason may not regularly check his email, he gets what belongs to him anyway. It could save a lot of trouble for both, shareholder and issuer. In my view, this should be standard in this industry.  

not only that, but it would also guard you against your email provider  suddenly closing, like it recently happened with lavabit
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 03:41:44 PM

not only that, but it would also guard you against your email provider  suddenly closing, like it recently happened with lavabit

As a manager, this is actually a good idea. As was noted, I already have access to everyone's email address, but some of those addresses are corporate (or domain) based, some are typical yahoo/gmail, and others just seem random. If a user's email is compromised, deleted, or their access is otherwise forfeited, I'd have no other way to get in touch with them. Having the option for a user to tie a Bitcoin address they control (outside of Havelock) to their account could make life a bit easier.

havelock

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 10:56:32 PM

Hello everyone, just an update on Havleock Investments and the ongoing legal uncertainty in the bitcoin world.
We are still working with our legal team to get our affairs in order and have been told we will have information with which to move forward next week.  We'll be letting everyone know on Thursday October 3rd.
To all the fund managers who have contacted us inquiring about listing, we thank you for your interest and will be able to give some definite answers next Thursday.
Thanks for your time.

limit2718

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 03:23:33 AM

Thursday October 3rd.

lightbox (OP)

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 05:01:10 AM

Hi everyone,  this maintenance window tonight is going to take much longer than anticipated unfortunately... probably well into tomorrow, I will post here with updates when I have them.  My apologies for the downtime...

https://www.canadianbitcoins.com for quick & easy buy/sell with $CAD
Canada's Oldest Bitcoin Brokerage.  Serving Canadian Bitcoiners since 2011!
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 05:11:01 PM

Hello everyone, just an update on Havleock Investments and the ongoing legal uncertainty in the bitcoin world.
We are still working with our legal team to get our affairs in order and have been told we will have information with which to move forward next week.  We'll be letting everyone know on Thursday October 3rd.
To all the fund managers who have contacted us inquiring about listing, we thank you for your interest and will be able to give some definite answers next Thursday.
Thanks for your time.

The site was down for the week due to that hack, can you post the announcement that was due Oct 3rd Smiley

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
havelock

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 08:56:22 PM

We have discussed with our lawyers our situation and options for us to proceed in setting up Havelock as a long-term viable enterprise.  We are now pursuing these options, but cannot provide a firm time frame as of now.  We were hoping that we could be more specific but this is all the information we can provide at this time.

FWGR

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:10:18 PM

We have discussed with our lawyers our situation and options for us to proceed in setting up Havelock as a long-term viable enterprise.  We are now pursuing these options, but cannot provide a firm time frame as of now.  We were hoping that we could be more specific but this is all the information we can provide at this time.

Do these options include dropping US customers like Bitfunder just announced? If this occurs, will they be allowed a reasonable amount of time in order to get their affairs in order? If this occurs, will said customers be required to pay fees in order to liquidate their assets?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: