Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:02:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SPEX] SproutsExtreme sha256 pos/pow hybrid  (Read 33281 times)
Rols

Activity: 636
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 07:22:29 PM

Obviously people don't understand forks, not the ones you eat with either lol...

If everyones client is stuck on a block and both pools are on the same block but creating new ones then that means fork, you say rebuilding wallets but what is that mean to achieve ?

If you say screw the fork and want to  jump onto the forked chain then go ahead lol I should mine 7000 blocks on a completley new chain and then say "hey guys I have the most recent block and node" upon doing that all the coins you had would become non existant since it is then on a different chain.

You dont understand Coins. Its not always the longest chain that wins. Dev can choose which chain that is valid. It should be the longest chain that is the most valid one, but go ahead and make your own fork and see if all the others and dev will choose your chain.  Grin
roadhog

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 07:54:04 PM

Hi all
Just setting up a small pool and added this coin any idea when block will be fixed.

Cheers

If anyone is interested in using this pool give me a shout.

nikl

Activity: 635

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 08:27:40 PM

I can't sync when using addnode=spex.maxminers.net and with nodes from OP
i'm stuck on block 6685.
Rols

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 08:36:52 PM

I can't sync when using addnode=spex.maxminers.net and with nodes from OP
i'm stuck on block 6685.

It seams thats why it forked. Most hash was on that pool and no one could connect to that node.
steve321

Activity: 627

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 09:16:09 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2016, 06:44:40 AM by steve321

Anyone having issues should try this blockchain.

Delete:

addr.dat
blk0001.dat
blkindex.dat

Extract to data folder:

Use the current blockchain from CryptoChainer.com
Rols

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 09:19:59 PM

Anyone having issues should try this blockchain.

Delete:

addr.dat
blk0001.dat
blkindex.dat

Extract to data folder:

https://mega.nz/#!bwgTzQCD!Dx_vpWazvF3ft3fa7BwV5u_6tV_vXFBG4tkQzlWPCFU

It can fork again so it needs to be solved by the dev. In this case the shorter chain is the right one. Pool was mining and no one could compete or sync with it.
UltrA1

Activity: 171

In Real World Use for Crypto We Trust!!

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 09:33:42 PM

WoW omg it's fixed, for now.. till checkpoint is added possibly later tonight.

Till then, think we should thank Steve321 and offer him a decent donation considering if it was not fixed we would of lost any coins we got.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Coryvmcs1

Activity: 659
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 09:34:33 PM

coinze.com is a pool

BlokSpace Mining Pools -  https://blokspace.io | BlokSpace Discord# https://discord.gg/dGAKk9T
Brob12321

Activity: 630

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 09:41:56 PM

Interesting fork of the original Sprouts coin.  I wish the staking time was closer to 1 day instead though as I am very impatient to receive my stakes. 
steve321

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 09:58:08 PM

Both maxminers and coinze are on the chain I posted above.
WheelsOfChange (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 09:59:31 PM

13:58:14

getblockhash 6865

13:58:14

00000000000002be2d9aa573381e34a57cd2e2bccd125e83ac4a99cd31e0cb24

13:58:31

getmininginfo

13:58:31

{
"blocks" : 6865,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 1038582.01535918,
"errors" : "SproutsExtreme",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkghps" : 19062.71705206,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 10:16:23 PM

Obviously people don't understand forks, not the ones you eat with either lol...

If everyones client is stuck on a block and both pools are on the same block but creating new ones then that means fork, you say rebuilding wallets but what is that mean to achieve ?

If you say screw the fork and want to  jump onto the forked chain then go ahead lol I should mine 7000 blocks on a completley new chain and then say "hey guys I have the most recent block and node" upon doing that all the coins you had would become non existant since it is then on a different chain.

You dont understand Coins. Its not always the longest chain that wins. Dev can choose which chain that is valid. It should be the longest chain that is the most valid one, but go ahead and make your own fork and see if all the others and dev will choose your chain.  Grin

Lol you misunderstood my question & answers, I meant that anyone could start mining from the stuck block with their own hashpower with a Stratum Proxy & then bump their blocks up to around the number that the pools are on or the last current block, then say the above.

Like you said yourself "You dont understand Coins. Its not always the longest chain that wins. Dev can choose which chain that is valid. It should be the longest chain that is the most valid one"

"Its not always the longest chain that wins, It should be the longest chain that is the most valid one"

Anyway, since miners are happily mining on the pools then IMO the Developer should just use their chain to get us all back into sync.

Where's ocminer when you need him to setup a pool and node hahaha Cheesy
Rols

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 10:18:01 PM

Both maxminers and coinze are on the chain I posted above.

And it dont change the facts why it was forked and it can happen again .
roadhog

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 10:19:24 PM

Pool sproutsextreme Thread 2 getblocktemplate call failed for daemon instance 0 with error {"code":-8,"message":"Invalid mode"}

o well not sure whats going on here looks like blocks still messed up
WheelsOfChange (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 10:26:27 PM

Lol you misunderstood my question & answers, I meant that anyone could start mining from the stuck block with their own hashpower with a Stratum Proxy & then bump their blocks up to around the number that the pools are on or the last current block, then say the above.

Like you said yourself "You dont understand Coins. Its not always the longest chain that wins. Dev can choose which chain that is valid. It should be the longest chain that is the most valid one"

"Its not always the longest chain that wins, It should be the longest chain that is the most valid one"

Anyway, since miners are happily mining on the pools then IMO the Developer should just use their chain to get us all back into sync.

agreed this seems to be the least damaging path going forward.
steve321

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 10:29:24 PM

I asked ocminer if he could set up a pool, and he replied that his servers are at capacity...
Rols

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 10:33:40 PM

If maxminers gets the most hash again then it will fork again if problem still persists.
Belligerent Fool
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 10:45:37 PM

If maxminers gets the most hash again then it will fork again if problem still persists.

But isn't Maxminers and mine.coinze.com on the same blocks ? How could giving 1 pool the most hash fork it again if the other pool is still finding blocks & on the same block as the most mined pool ?
roadhog

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 10:49:30 PM

Hi all

as any one got this coin running on an unomp pool as im still having problems with it.

cheers have fun
 Huh
kevin1234a
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 10:59:40 PM

What problems you got on unomp

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print