Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:40:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SPEX] SproutsExtreme sha256 pos/pow hybrid  (Read 33281 times)
ObscurePen

Activity: 385
Merit: 266

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 11:01:04 AM

For me to stake Spex, do I have to have my wallet open 24/7?
And also, is it easier to stake my coins if they're from one big transaction (eg. 10k) instead of a 3k, a 6k and a 1k?
ylpkm

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 06:54:24 PM

idk, i had 800 and 1500 spex stake at day 5. so far  at the current moment I would say it doesnt matter how large it is, itll still be 5 days.
Rols

Activity: 636
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 09:57:12 PM

For me to stake Spex, do I have to have my wallet open 24/7?
And also, is it easier to stake my coins if they're from one big transaction (eg. 10k) instead of a 3k, a 6k and a 1k?

For now the blocksize you mentioned dont matter. you just have to open your wallet every fifth day. Later on when there is more mined and staked coins it can take more days to get your stake if you have to small blocks. Bigger blocks is better so use coincontrol. Wait until coins have staked and then join them. Remember that you lose coin age when you move them so do this so little as possible. 
Brob12321

Activity: 630

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 10:21:43 PM

idk, i had 800 and 1500 spex stake at day 5. so far  at the current moment I would say it doesnt matter how large it is, itll still be 5 days.

I would say that the block size will always affect the rate that you stake at.  That is the very principle of POS that the bigger the block stakes faster and the smaller ones stake slower.  Check out some white papers on Proof of Stake.
Rols

Activity: 636

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 10:52:11 PM

I would say that the block size will always affect the rate that you stake at.  That is the very principle of POS that the bigger the block stakes faster and the smaller ones stake slower.  Check out some white papers on Proof of Stake.

The blocksize he have mentioned will stake dependend on luck after the 5 days. Later on its much more importend to have big blocks when competition is higher. That means that his 800 coin block can stake faster now than a 10k because of luck. And if he makes a 10k block he will lose coinage so it can be even worse. Its all in white papper and in real use.

So use coincontrol but not if you are sure that it will stake after 5 days because you lose coinage every time and the block starts over again to mature.
Belligerent Fool
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 12:17:54 AM

Selling up to 100K SPEX, PM me if interested.
bluehorseshoe

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 01:13:59 AM

SPEX   another crazy new coin, I'm in.
WheelsOfChange (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 07:14:37 PM

The pos difficulty is low right now so you wont notice much disadvantage for small blocks. going forward the pos difficulty will rise and give some advantage to larger blocks and allow them to stake faster. faster staking gives more compounding so big blocks are the best way to go.
PrimusInterPares

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 07:53:32 PM

I have tried to synchronized my wallet but without success. Is there a good list with working nodes?
voteformeg
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 08:22:27 PM

I have tried to synchronized my wallet but without success. Is there a good list with working nodes?

from OP :
https://mega.nz/#!q5pjCAKa!omRK7ldvp0Tjq2mV_X-ceL6pqitXHCJBrS7_Q_ZrCTQ
put this in your roamingfolder
steve321

Activity: 627

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 08:22:39 PM

Blockchain from today is up on CryptoChainer.com
It includes peers, and will sync instantly.

CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 08:45:45 PM

Woot, CryptoChainer is where it's at man thx again!
love that service bootstraps for all sorts of coins and one time i was even looking for one they didn't have? they strapped it and had it up next day Wink))

i personally am leaving my smaller tx's and not combining them, im thinking with the "20% per extra day to stake" not only once they DO stake will they get huge bonuses, but it stops me from having to combine the stacks and start the 5 day maturity over again ;p

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 08:53:52 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2016, 09:05:43 PM by Nthused

love that service bootstraps for all sorts of coins and one time i was even looking for one they didn't have? they strapped it and had it up next day Wink))

i personally am leaving my smaller tx's and not combining them, im thinking with the "20% per extra day to stake" not only once they DO stake will they get huge bonuses, but it stops me from having to combine the stacks and start the 5 day maturity over again ;p

For now it might be ok but personally the bigger the weight the more quicker it stakes with total compounding, my coins in 2 blocks staked at 4 days which is weird because the coin is based on 5 days stake Undecided

I wonder if it is PoS 1.0 or PoS 2.0 if it has done that because 1 is based of blocks and the other is based on network weight.

BTW every time you stake coins it isn't that hard to wait until they mature and recombined them into 1 block or so since when you stake and leave it, it just recombines the coins anyway but into halved inputs per stake.

So Say you have 50K SPEX in 1 block, stake, then let it recombined itself, you will have 2 new inputs (2 Blocks) of 25K SPEX, then once they stake you will have another 2 inputs (2 blocks) each, so 4 more blocks but each totaling 12.5k SPEX, it will continue to do so until the inputs are too small to stake or take a very long time, the interest you gain on the staked coins go into their separate inputs (Blocks) and continue to do the same as for the aforementioned.
CjMapope
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 09:44:53 PM

For now it might be ok but personally the bigger the weight the more quicker it stakes with total compounding, my coins in 2 blocks staked at 4 days which is weird because the coin is based on 5 days stake Undecided

I wonder if it is PoS 1.0 or PoS 2.0 if it has done that because 1 is based of blocks and the other is based on network weight.

BTW every time you stake coins it isn't that hard to wait until they mature and recombined them into 1 block or so since when you stake and leave it, it just recombines the coins anyway but into halved inputs per stake.

So Say you have 50K SPEX in 1 block, stake, then let it recombined itself, you will have 2 new inputs (2 Blocks) of 25K SPEX, then once they stake you will have another 2 inputs (2 blocks) each, so 4 more blocks but each totaling 12.5k SPEX, it will continue to do so until the inputs are too small to stake or take a very long time, the interest you gain on the staked coins go into their separate inputs (Blocks) and continue to do the same as for the aforementioned.

ooo ok, i understand what your saying Wink  ya if you combine them right after stake dosent make a dif i guess ;p so midas have bigger blocks for larger stakes and compound.
ya i noticed staking started after 4 days , weird haha o well ;p
see where this coin goes, lord knows we're all ready for w.e next ;p

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
steve321

Activity: 627

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:53:19 AM

Thanks for the kind words.  We're working to provide reliable blockchains!  I agree with you with the combining part.  I go back and forth between combining them all into one big block, and getting the coin age...
DanWalker

Activity: 1946
Merit: 547

We are all the pieces of what we remember.

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 07:44:34 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2017, 10:20:50 PM by DanWalker

just had a awesome stake, wallet was stuck for days ,just downloaded from cryptochainer, http://cryptochainer.com/   . a few stakes already today, nice ones , txid d5d0ab4453f6aef489602e0eb075a46b3e8abb849b7b9787e5239903I408d943    4818.00  great stake!!

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
CjMapope
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 07:50:54 PM

just had a awesome stake, wallet was stuck for days ,just downloaded from cryptochainer, http://cryptochainer.com/   . a few stakes already today, nice ones , txid d5d0ab4453f6aef489602e0eb075a46b3e8abb849b7b9787e52399031408d943    4818.00  great stake!!

noice! Wink

Potatoh

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 06:02:51 AM

just had a awesome stake, wallet was stuck for days ,just downloaded from cryptochainer, http://cryptochainer.com/   . a few stakes already today, nice ones , txid d5d0ab4453f6aef489602e0eb075a46b3e8abb849b7b9787e52399031408d943    4818.00  great stake!!

Nice! I'm staking a big one myself... and it's 4 days old. Can't wait until tomorrow when it doubles!  Grin Grin
WheelsOfChange (OP)

Activity: 65

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 06:40:19 PM

Increased the bounties! more good news coming soon!
bluehorseshoe

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 08:55:48 PM

Anyone have contact with whomever is running spex.maxminers.net?
I haven't been receiving my mining since yesterday and I can't log in to my account.
Also, there contact tab replies with an error when trying to message them.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: