Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:40:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network  (Read 249389 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2019, 11:54:24 PM

<snip>
Nice post! Informative, giving an overview of where we are, what we need and what needs consideration. Awesome!
Regarding the supply: of course some is lost, maybe even quite a bit. But there's still holders from early on who hold since years. I wouldn't dilute their supply by changing the amount, but better leave it as-is. The supply will get distributed again once the new QORA gains traction, and I think it would only be fair to consider the now smaller supply kind of a reward for those who believed in the project all the time, 2 years after the delisting. Smiley

where to buy? Grin
I've been wondering too. Anyone know where to find reliable wallets? There were rumors of swap, has this been confirmed?

As far as where to buy, the only way to do this right now that is reliable and REAL, is to do so OTC. There is a trade channel in the discord server - https://discord.gg/xcW4Ngp
As Crowe said: if anyone wants to buy a few, there are people in the channel who are willing to sell some. I also have a few coins left for selling, just ask in the trading channel on Discord. Smiley

I tend to agree here in terms of the cap. However, I would really like to figure out how many of the coins that are on the explorer, are actually 'live'. So that we have a better idea of what to place the 'fees' and such on the portal, etc...

But yes, the ones who have not only held trust in QORA and belief that the team and I will be able to accomplish what we said, but managed to get their coins into a wallet from the exchange, thus showing enough care to do so... should definitely be the ones that are rewarded.

I think yea, we should not touch the cap. If anyone disagrees with this, let us know. But if I don't get any disagreements I think that will be the idea we'll go with.

Also - What is your opinion on the existing coins in the poloniex wallet, and what to do about that... I think that they do not  deserve to be put over to the new core, and the fact that they were staking other people's money and keeping it, is not okay... So I think removing the polo wallet from acceptance in terms of moving to the new core, is what I would prefer.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
analyzing

Activity: 212
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 06:12:28 AM

<snip>
Nice post! Informative, giving an overview of where we are, what we need and what needs consideration. Awesome!
Regarding the supply: of course some is lost, maybe even quite a bit. But there's still holders from early on who hold since years. I wouldn't dilute their supply by changing the amount, but better leave it as-is. The supply will get distributed again once the new QORA gains traction, and I think it would only be fair to consider the now smaller supply kind of a reward for those who believed in the project all the time, 2 years after the delisting. Smiley

where to buy? Grin
I've been wondering too. Anyone know where to find reliable wallets? There were rumors of swap, has this been confirmed?

As far as where to buy, the only way to do this right now that is reliable and REAL, is to do so OTC. There is a trade channel in the discord server - https://discord.gg/xcW4Ngp
As Crowe said: if anyone wants to buy a few, there are people in the channel who are willing to sell some. I also have a few coins left for selling, just ask in the trading channel on Discord. Smiley

I tend to agree here in terms of the cap. However, I would really like to figure out how many of the coins that are on the explorer, are actually 'live'. So that we have a better idea of what to place the 'fees' and such on the portal, etc...

But yes, the ones who have not only held trust in QORA and belief that the team and I will be able to accomplish what we said, but managed to get their coins into a wallet from the exchange, thus showing enough care to do so... should definitely be the ones that are rewarded.

I think yea, we should not touch the cap. If anyone disagrees with this, let us know. But if I don't get any disagreements I think that will be the idea we'll go with.

Also - What is your opinion on the existing coins in the poloniex wallet, and what to do about that... I think that they do not  deserve to be put over to the new core, and the fact that they were staking other people's money and keeping it, is not okay... So I think removing the polo wallet from acceptance in terms of moving to the new core, is what I would prefer.

In my opinion as you said we should noit touch max supply but we must have to know these points

In my opinion as you said we should not touch max supply but we must have to know these points

• 1 : How many genuine guys are out there holding qora , believing in qora , and how much supply is with them
  • 2 : Filter dead supply of Qora in new chain so we can offer that supply in minting and rewards
  • 3 : kick out poloniex spammers as what they did with old Qora
  • 4 : we must keep development fund and airdrop(if possible) as this will help us to bring strong community on board
  • 5 : some reward to users according to their coin holding amount and for how long they are holding

QORA    ⊙Decentralized hosting.
             ⊙ Decentralized social network
             ⊙Voting system.
analyzing

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 10:37:32 AM

Reddit Update

https://www.reddit.com/r/Qora_Official/comments/aqifm6/update_14_jan_2019/     Kiss

⊙Voting system.
chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 07:50:48 AM

In my opinion as you said we should not touch max supply but we must have to know these points

• 1 : How many genuine guys are out there holding qora , believing in qora , and how much supply is with them
  • 2 : Filter dead supply of Qora in new chain so we can offer that supply in minting and rewards
  • 3 : kick out poloniex spammers as what they did with old Qora
  • 4 : we must keep development fund and airdrop(if possible) as this will help us to bring strong community on board
  • 5 : some reward to users according to their coin holding amount and for how long they are holding

1. Doesn't matter
2. Too subjective to be done right
3. Make friends not enemies
4. Plan for coin rookies, not for experienced coins
5. No need, it will come when QORA reaches exchanges again

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 04:52:03 PM

I need to synchronize my wallet from beginning. Is there a more recent blockchain download as the given one in the opening post?

I talk about this one from August 2016
QORA blockchain sync'd as of August 25th, 2016 - https://cloud.crowetic.com/s/IDzrYBiqXnhNCvg

Update: the blockchain download file was not found. Link is dead.
wgd
Legendary

Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 06:39:36 PM

this is probably the last version of the wallet https://github.com/Qoracoin/Qora/releases

▄██▄▄
        ▄▄█████████▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄▄██████████████████████▄▄
 ▀█████████▀▀   ▀▀████████▀▀
█▄▄ ▀▀█▀▀           ▀▀█▀ ▄▄██
█████▄     ▄▄███▄▄     ██████
██████    ▄▀▀███▀▀▄    ██████
██████    ███▄ ▄███    ██████
██████    ████ ████    ██████
██████     ▀▀█ █▀▀     ██████
███████▄▄              ██████
██████████▄▄    ▄▄     ██████
 ▀▀██████████▄▄███     ███▀▀
     ▀████████████     ▀
        ▀█████████
           ▀▀██▀

qortal

Decentralized Internet
Infrastructure of the Future

████████████
           ▄▄██████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄                ▄▄█████████████▄▄
   ██████████▀▀█████████▄          ▄██████████████▀▀▀████▄
   ████▀▀         ▀▀ ████          █████████▀▀▀     ▄█████
   ███               ▀███          ████▀▀          ▄██████
   ██▀   ▄███  ███    ███          █████▄▄         ███████
   ██    ▀██▀  ▀█▀    ▀██          █████████▄     ████████
   ██  ▀▄▄       ▄▄█▀ ▄██          ██████████▄   █████████
   ▀███▄▄██████████▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████████▄▄████████▀

██▄▄  ▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄████████▄▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄███
█████▄▄   ▀█████▀▀   ▄▄███████████████▄   ▀▀█████▀▀   ▄███████
▀████████▄▄  ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀  ▀▀████████▄▄   ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀
   ▀▀████████▄▄████████▀▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀▀████████▄▄▄█████████▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀  ▄▄██████████▄▄  ▀▀████████████▀▀
           ▀▀██▀▀  ▄▄███████████▀▀▀████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀
                   ████▀▀█████▀      ▀███
                   ████▄  ▀▀▀█      ▄████
                   ████  ▀          █████
                   █████▄          ▄█████
                   ██████▄        ▄██████
                   ████▀        ▄████████
                    ▀▀████▄▄▄█████████▀▀
                         ▀▀██████▀▀

████████████

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄▄
▀▀████████████████▀
   ▄ ▀▀████▀▀ ▄ ██
   ██▄▄    ▄▄██ ██
   ████████████ ██
    ██████████  ▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

QORTAL PROJECT WIKI

██▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀█   █▀ ▄██████▄ ▀█   █▀▀▀█▄ █
██▄   █▀▀  ██▀  █   ▀██ ▀▀██   ██▀█
█ █████   ██    █     ██   █████  █
██▀   █▄▄ █   ▄███▄    █ ▄██   ██▄█
█▀█▄▄▄█   █   ▀███▀    █   █▄▄▄█▀ █
█ █  ▀█▄▄ ██    █      █  ▄█▀▀▀█▄ █
███  ▄█▀▀  ▀██▄ █ ▄▄   █ ▀▀█   ██▀█
█ █▀▀██   █▄  ▀███▀█   █   ██▀▀█  █
███   █████    ▄▄  █  ▄█ ███   ████
█ █▄▄██   ██▄▄█▀   █▄██▀   █▄▄▄█  █
██▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄█

QORTECTOR

Obtain a QORTector Device...
Enjoy Free Internet... eventually.
  ....JOIN....
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 07:04:28 PM

this is probably the last version of the wallet https://github.com/Qoracoin/Qora/releases

It is the latest. I am wondering why that version was announced on Reddit three days ago, however the Github release date of that version is 26th September 2018.

Nevertheless, I am still looking for a blockchain download. Synchronization stopped at 418479. Added all peers I could find in the last 10 pages of this thread.
lemonandfriesonetwo

Activity: 653
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 09:24:52 PM

In reply to one of the questions above.

I am one of those persons holding a nice bag of Qora and check here often for updates.
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 01:19:26 PM

I am one of those persons holding a nice bag of Qora and check here often for updates.

How big is your bag?   Smiley

lemonandfriesonetwo

Activity: 653
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 04:41:46 PM

How big is your bag?   Smiley

big enough that I haven't let go  Wink

if QORA comes back, I'll be really happy

some of us also hold QORA in that one exchange that still lists it, I believe it is etherdelta actually I forgot which exchange

are the coins on the exchange also going to be made valid if QORA is revived?
analyzing

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 09:44:28 AM

It is the latest. I am wondering why that version was announced on Reddit three days ago, however the Github release date of that version is 26th September 2018.

Nevertheless, I am still looking for a blockchain download. Synchronization stopped at 418479. Added all peers I could find in the last 10 pages of this thread.

i deleted all block chain and re sync just to test this on 3 different OS and every time this went smooth and with out any issue , please check you computer logs briefly hope you will find some issue
as news .11 ver of QORA is very stable

⊙Voting system.
analyzing

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 05:28:15 AM

For Those who quickly want to get sync with qora Block chain , Please get the updated snapshot of block chain until 02/20/2019

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dAZg8Mj9wmGUg19nZg1mJSAzywX95B-b/view?usp=sharing

⊙Voting system.
analyzing

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 05:37:13 AM
Merited by tyz (1)

For Those who quickly want to get sync with qora Block chain , Please get the updated snapshot of block chain until 02/20/2019

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dAZg8Mj9wmGUg19nZg1mJSAzywX95B-b/view?usp=sharing

https://www.reddit.com/r/Qora_Official/comments/askj1w/qora_blockchain_snapshot_for_fast_sync/

⊙Voting system.
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2019, 01:38:27 AM
Merited by tyz (3)

-[ANN]- The future is near

Hello everyone!

I am happy to say, we have come to a very solid idea on the future of QORA, and we are going to begin moving forward with that in the coming weeks.

I would like to let everyone know the methods we plan to utilize in order to move to the new chain that we are starting, under the next generation core codebase of QORA, and how we plan to move forward.

--- QORA now, becomes 'qortal' project --

The existing QORA, is to be 'renamed'.

A new chain is to be started, based on the COMPLETELY REWRITTEN QORA codebase. This includes a completely new database style, new networking layer, and essentially a completely new core in most every way. Including many new possible functions, and increased capacity, speed, and stability throughout. Just as we promised years back would be created. This is now complete.

A new web-based UI for the front end. More user friendly, and prettier. This is to take the place of the 'industrial' looking java interface for most all functionality. There will be updates of course, as what exists now is just a start. There will be many new additions, changes, etc made to the UI post launch. But we have something now that is good enough to use to launch the new chain and get everything moving. So that is what we plan to do.

--- qortal - the TRULY decentralized trade portal --

The focus of qortal project, will be that of a REAL decentralized trade platform. It will have order books with data stored on the blockchain, and execute COMPLETELY CROSS-CHAIN TRADES via utilization of the CIYAM Automated Transactions system. Users will no longer have to 'deposit' coins, in order to make trades.

To address multiple 'issues' in the current 'decentralized' exchanges ( which are not really even decentralized in most cases... ) there will be many things done that the ones we have seen in the past...

• Focus will be placed on Ease of Use. Functionality will be as close to a 'traditional exchange' as possible. Order books, automatic trade execution, etc.
  • No need for multiple 'stages' in trades. Simply place your order, and await another user to fulfil it. Magic happens on the back end, relieving the need for multiple 'stages' in a cross-chain trade that may have been necessary without our custom SmartContract coding, and methods of implementation.
  • Addressing of the 'lack of liquidity' issues in decentralized trade platforms.

--- Proof Of Liquidity --

An algorithm that I have come up with myself, which will utilize the orders on the books of the portal, to provide users placing liquidity on the order books, with rewards for doing so. Essentially providing them with 'incentive' to provide the much needed liquidity that any successful trade platform needs.

This algo will be based on both the size, and the amount of the orders on the 'buy' side of the books of any given pair. I.E. BTC/QORT for the BTC to QORTAL coin pairing.

This algo will not be implemented immediately, nor will the portal itself, as we are still awaiting the front end development completion. So there is still some development necessary for the algo itself, as well as the ideas that will be utilized within. While the UI is completed, the chain will be launched, and the users that supported existing QORA, will be setup on the new chain with the other method that will 'power the chain' (described below)

--- 'Minting accounts' - and their function and ideas --

The chain will be initially powered by what are called 'minting accounts'. These accounts are the ones which will be initially rewarded with the full block rewards, while the other proof is finished, and the UI for the portal is finished.

Minting accounts will be provided to those who have supported the existing chain, by staking and running nodes. This will sufficiently reward those who actually cared about assisting QORA in remaining 'alive'.

Minting accounts will be set with a few 'rules'...

• Minting accounts are limited, and will be 'coveted' surely. There will be only a very small number that will be available.
  • Users with Minting accounts will have to be given them either from a 'founder' minting account (which are given to the developers, and team who have contributed actual work to the project, and will be a VERY small number overall which is not decided fully at this point) or...
  • Given to them by other minting accounts, that have reached a given level, and been given the ability to give out minting accounts. (more detail on this will be provided, the overall ideas are still being finalized. Basically, a 'level' will be assigned to the minting accounts, this level will decide both the amount of the overall block reward they will receive for each block, and how much 'weight' the account's votes are given. The platform is going to be community run, so votes will be very important in the future.)
  • Minting accounts will receive the entirety of the block rewards on the new chain until PoL is implemented, at which point the rewards structure will be modified to include PoL in a portion of the block reward, while also decreasing the overall block reward. PoL will receive the entirety of the fees associated with trades on the trade portal (which will be done in a truly decentralized fashion, just as everything else on the platform is. 
Users who receive minting accounts, will do so by providing proof of their ownership of a QORA account that has forged blocks over the past months/years, thus proving they have run a node and assisted QORA in staying alive. Any users who have not done so, will not be provided a minting account. (There are potentially a very few amount of people that could obtain minting acocunts without this proof, however, they will have had to been a contributor to the project in one way or another, and be able to prove that contribution. Only contributors to the project will be provided with minting accounts.)

--- New chain, new name, starting from block 0 with 0 coins. --

The project will start on a totally new chain. Minting accounts, and founder minting accounts, will be the only ones able to reap the block rewards. Obtaining a minting account can only take place by receiving one from another minting account that has reached the level they can provide them, or by being given to them from a founder account.

Founder accounts will be extremely limited, given only to those who have put a serious amount of effort into the project. Founders will be the ones who are the initial 'backbone' of the network, and will be required to run at least 1 node, if not more. They will be started at a higher account level, with a 'multiplier' for being a founder, that will keep their account consistently 'higher weight' than a normal account, however, this weight will slowly 'even out' as time goes on, so that in a period of many years, the founder accounts will be only slightly higher weight than a 'normal' minting account that had continued to support the network and be active in voting.

--- There will be many more details coming soon in regard to the future. --

For now, anyone who is interested in assisting in the new platform's launch, please get in contact in discord. The time has come for the creation of all of the new media, etc... that will be required for the launch. There are a few things left as far as development goes, prior to the new chain's creation, at which point we will launch the new platform, and begin the future!

qortal project will be the backbone of everything that comes from this point forward. As it will be the necessary 'connector' in trades between multiple coins/assets/etc created in the future.

Since the platform is capable of asset creation, the 'colored coin' idea can be carried out on the platform, just like ETH, BTS, NXT, etc. However, the core platform is MUCH more capable than any other I have ever seen.

The core can do real time communications (voice/video/text) , files storage, cross-chain trades, web hosting, etc... However, features will be made use of via various clone chains that will be launched. (Such as the re-birth of QORA itself, that will take place after qortal's launch, in due time.

--- There will be a new ANN for qortal, new website, etc as it is not QORA, but another project born from QORA. QORA will be relaunched again at a later date. --

QORA, for a while, will 'not exist'. Once qortal is launched, the chain is running, and the necessary minting accounts have been given, focus will then be on completion of the trade portal UI, and moving forward for the platform. Once that has happened, and qortal is solid, stable, and has a few other coin pairings aside from the typical BTC/LTC, the focus will once again be on QORA, where the 'new QORA' or 'QORA2' will be launched.

QORA2 will have the same focus as QORA did, however, this time built with much more advanced technology, capable of everything QORA was, and MUCH more, with a system unlike anything that has been seen anywhere. Utilizing a different method of 'leveling' similar to qortal's minting accounts, however, based on the posts of the accounts, 'good content', network support, and more. Many more details obviously have to be posted and discussed, but for now, this is just to give an idea of what the overall direction is for the time being.

More information will come in 'prettier' form soon. Get ready QORA community, and the world, for qortal project!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
chup

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 07:43:26 AM

-[ANN]- The future is near

Hello everyone!

I was carefully reading upper loooong text and at the end I can try to summarize in one sentence:
New QORT coin will be launched with endless instaminTing that has nothing to do with QORA when launched.
Am I right?

LavaLamp52

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 05:37:58 PM

Good to hear there is progress.
But I have a short question, I have Qora tokens sitting on openLedger.
How do I get these off the exchange and into the new version?
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2019, 11:39:34 PM

Good to hear there is progress.
But I have a short question, I have Qora tokens sitting on openLedger.
How do I get these off the exchange and into the new version?

We have made multiple announcements both here and in Discord regarding both OpenLedger and Poloniex coins.

We as the development team have no control over these centralized exchanges, and as such, cannot do anything to assist you in obtaining those coins.

The 'CEO' of OpenLedger, has said that he will allow withdrawals, but thus far I have not heard of a successful one actually taking place.

Since there are multiple exchanges that are going about things in this manner, not allowing coins to be received by the rightful owners, the only way forward is to simply ignore all old coins on the old chain, and give rewards to the people who supported the chain in other ways, such as described above with the 'minting accounts'.

This means, as we have said multiple times... THERE WILL BE NO SWAP. THERE WILL BE NO MOVING FROM OLD CHAIN TO NEW CHAIN IN REGARD TO COINS.

The only way you'll be able to obtain a 'minting account', and therefore a portion of the block reward once qortal project chain begins, is to:

1. prove you have supported the previous chain, by verification that you have run a node, and staked during the last few months when not many people were, due to the fact that there was no staking reward. This alone will prove that you supported the project, wanting to see it survive, regardless of the fact that you were not receiving monetary reward for doing so, and is sufficient to obtain a minting account on qortal project chain.

2. prove you have contributed in other ways to the project's success, via explaining and showing what you have done to the community. At which point, we will put a vote up for the community to choose whether your efforts were 'sufficient' to obtain a minting account, and at which 'weight' or 'level' the account shall be started.

(The methods for which the accounts will be 'leveled' at the start, will be based on the level of effort and contribution the user had put into the project's success. The development team will receive 'founder accounts' that will start at a 50% higher level to ensure the stability and game-free nature of the platform from the start, along with a multiplier on the weight that will slowly decrease as time goes on, and more minting accounts are alive, and leveling themselves. Eventually the founder accounts will essentially be just like any other account, but they will always contain a slight multiplier, making them always just a little bit more weighted for voting purposes.)

We believe in the concepts of Decentralization, community run projects, and hearing the community's suggestions, we also believe that simply because you purchased a bunch of coins, does not entitle you to a bunch of reward, when many many hours and efforts and dollars were put in by those looking to actually assist the project's success.

Being someone who sits around, doesn't even notice the coin was delisted from an exchange, and/or doesn't even attempt to run a node or help stake to move the chain (which is very simple, and doesn't require much effort, or money...) then decides that once years of development efforts have been completed, and many other contributions have been made by many people in attempt to keep the chain and platform moving forward, to all of a sudden act like the project is something they care about... doesn't make said someone worthy of reward...

However, that being said... if that said someone were to now decide they actually did want to assist, and put forth their best effort to do so in whatever fashion they can... they then could be worthy of attaining a minting account, but will be up to the community to decide, if it was anyone who isn't able to be proven by the blockchain itself, from staking and obviously assisting the core of the chain in moving forward for the past couple years.

I realize that some people may find this to be unorthodox, or 'unfair'... however, I firmly believe it is exactly the opposite, and the rewarding of people for nothing is something that needs to be ended in the crypto space especially, and in the world overall. That is one of the main things that the blockchain revolution should be addressing, but seems to be doing exactly the opposite... which I find to be quite sad.

We hope to bring a new set of concepts, and bring a REAL decentralized project into the world, where the core concepts of honesty, openness, and trustlessness, with community run function, and a real method of voting that isn't reliant upon how much money the user has... and show how we believe the blockchain world SHOULD be. This project, is going to be the beginning of this set of ideals, followed closely by multiple clone platforms that have similar goals, utilizing slightly different 'proof of concept' setups to see which of them will ultimately work out best.

How will we 'move into the future' without first changing the way things are done, that caused us to be where we are now? In the grand scheme, don't we all wish the world were improved in regard to the 'lazy middlemen' running everything? I certainly do. We aim to address that with our concepts, and implement them into the platforms that will hopefully end up running systems long into the future that show these concepts are real, and can be successfully carried out in a way that is honest, transparent, and frankly... AWESOME.

(sorry if I 'ranted' a little bit here... but I am very passionate about these ideals, and truly hope our platforms can demonstrate to everyone the correct ways of executing a truly decentralized project. Lacking the rewards system for those who have more money already, and replacing that with one that rewards efforts, and things that are actually beneficial. Just because one has money, does not make them better or more important than anyone else.)

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
wgd
Legendary

Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 10:23:05 PM

thats great news, qora rises from the dead  Shocked Grin Grin Grin

[
  "148.163.46.249",
  "192.99.181.232",
  "51.15.112.192",
  "94.227.135.236",
  "176.31.133.243",
  "104.152.187.198",
  "176.31.133.242",
  "104.152.187.195",
  "104.161.113.89",
  "91.134.116.47",
  "95.149.214.105",
  "99.127.125.100",
  "148.163.20.188",
  "202.63.156.68",
  "216.180.180.172",
  "99.127.125.100"
]

▄██▄▄
        ▄▄█████████▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄▄██████████████████████▄▄
 ▀█████████▀▀   ▀▀████████▀▀
█▄▄ ▀▀█▀▀           ▀▀█▀ ▄▄██
█████▄     ▄▄███▄▄     ██████
██████    ▄▀▀███▀▀▄    ██████
██████    ███▄ ▄███    ██████
██████    ████ ████    ██████
██████     ▀▀█ █▀▀     ██████
███████▄▄              ██████
██████████▄▄    ▄▄     ██████
 ▀▀██████████▄▄███     ███▀▀
     ▀████████████     ▀
        ▀█████████
           ▀▀██▀

qortal

Decentralized Internet
Infrastructure of the Future

████████████
           ▄▄██████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄                ▄▄█████████████▄▄
   ██████████▀▀█████████▄          ▄██████████████▀▀▀████▄
   ████▀▀         ▀▀ ████          █████████▀▀▀     ▄█████
   ███               ▀███          ████▀▀          ▄██████
   ██▀   ▄███  ███    ███          █████▄▄         ███████
   ██    ▀██▀  ▀█▀    ▀██          █████████▄     ████████
   ██  ▀▄▄       ▄▄█▀ ▄██          ██████████▄   █████████
   ▀███▄▄██████████▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████████▄▄████████▀

██▄▄  ▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄████████▄▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄███
█████▄▄   ▀█████▀▀   ▄▄███████████████▄   ▀▀█████▀▀   ▄███████
▀████████▄▄  ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀  ▀▀████████▄▄   ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀
   ▀▀████████▄▄████████▀▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀▀████████▄▄▄█████████▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀  ▄▄██████████▄▄  ▀▀████████████▀▀
           ▀▀██▀▀  ▄▄███████████▀▀▀████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀
                   ████▀▀█████▀      ▀███
                   ████▄  ▀▀▀█      ▄████
                   ████  ▀          █████
                   █████▄          ▄█████
                   ██████▄        ▄██████
                   ████▀        ▄████████
                    ▀▀████▄▄▄█████████▀▀
                         ▀▀██████▀▀

████████████

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄▄
▀▀████████████████▀
   ▄ ▀▀████▀▀ ▄ ██
   ██▄▄    ▄▄██ ██
   ████████████ ██
    ██████████  ▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

QORTAL PROJECT WIKI

██▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀█   █▀ ▄██████▄ ▀█   █▀▀▀█▄ █
██▄   █▀▀  ██▀  █   ▀██ ▀▀██   ██▀█
█ █████   ██    █     ██   █████  █
██▀   █▄▄ █   ▄███▄    █ ▄██   ██▄█
█▀█▄▄▄█   █   ▀███▀    █   █▄▄▄█▀ █
█ █  ▀█▄▄ ██    █      █  ▄█▀▀▀█▄ █
███  ▄█▀▀  ▀██▄ █ ▄▄   █ ▀▀█   ██▀█
█ █▀▀██   █▄  ▀███▀█   █   ██▀▀█  █
███   █████    ▄▄  █  ▄█ ███   ████
█ █▄▄██   ██▄▄█▀   █▄██▀   █▄▄▄█  █
██▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄█

QORTECTOR

Obtain a QORTector Device...
Enjoy Free Internet... eventually.
  ....JOIN....
chup

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 08:08:57 AM

1. prove you have supported the previous chain, by verification that you have run a node, and staked during the last few months when not many people were, due to the fact that there was no staking reward. This alone will prove that you supported the project, wanting to see it survive, regardless of the fact that you were not receiving monetary reward for doing so, and is sufficient to obtain a minting account on qortal project chain.

2. prove you have contributed in other ways to the project's success, via explaining and showing what you have done to the community. At which point, we will put a vote up for the community to choose whether your efforts were 'sufficient' to obtain a minting account, and at which 'weight' or 'level' the account shall be started.

(The methods for which the accounts will be 'leveled' at the start, will be based on the level of effort and contribution the user had put into the project's success. The development team will receive 'founder accounts' that will start at a 50% higher level to ensure the stability and game-free nature of the platform from the start, along with a multiplier on the weight that will slowly decrease as time goes on, and more minting accounts are alive, and leveling themselves. Eventually the founder accounts will essentially be just like any other account, but they will always contain a slight multiplier, making them always just a little bit more weighted for voting purposes.)

We believe in the concepts of Decentralization, community run projects, and hearing the community's suggestions, we also believe that simply because you purchased a bunch of coins, does not entitle you to a bunch of reward, when many many hours and efforts and dollars were put in by those looking to actually assist the project's success.

I can't see where "decentralization" in point 1 and 2 is hiding?
One should "prove" to some "decentralized" system?
I'm from the time when even 1% premine of the coin was enough not to look back for the coin issued. QORT is closed club asset according to issuing policy.
Good luck with it. I'm over and out with QORT.  Undecided

crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2019, 02:03:50 AM

I can't see where "decentralization" in point 1 and 2 is hiding?
One should "prove" to some "decentralized" system?
I'm from the time when even 1% premine of the coin was enough not to look back for the coin issued. QORT is closed club asset according to issuing policy.
Good luck with it. I'm over and out with QORT.  Undecided

I don't see what you're meaning here. How is supporting the project not decentralized? How is running a node and staking not decentralized?

You aren't making sense.

If you support the project, then you're one of the people who is deserving of one of the initial minting accounts. If you don't support the project, why should you be rewarded?

"proving" is simple. Can be done decentralized and/or by the community vote in case of users that didn't stake, but contributed notable assistance in other ways. How is a community giving their input not decentralized? Verification to a decentralized system, is what EVERY coin does... just saying... how do you verify transactions on a decentralized system?

We will simply read through the blockchain to find how many blocks were staked by the account, provide a system to keep track of that, and assign 'points' to the blocks staked by the account, giving more value to the ones that were staked while the coin was 'dead' in the eyes of the people, as this is the time the project needed more support, and the people who actually cared about the project, were the ones who were staking 'for free' simply to keep the chain moving. Which, is a valuable contribution, worthy of reward.

The devs and multiple community members have put a lot of time and effort into the project, have staked for no reward to keep the chain moving, and have continued to do everything they can to help the project forward. They are the ones who are deserving of a minting account on the new chain.

It seems you're one of the only people so far that has taken ANY issue with the supporting of QORA being the basis of the issuing of minting accounts on QORT. Is this because you had hoped to simply 'swap' to the new chain with a bunch of coins, then dump them on the community? I don't really see any reason to be upset that people who supported the project and helped it live, will be the ones to get support given back, unless of course, I was one who didn't support the project... is that the case?

Honestly, enabling staking on a wallet isn't hard to do, if you had coins, and didn't even have a wallet... then where are your coins being held? If you did have them in a wallet, why would you not enable staking to help ensure the chain continues to move? Because you didn't get rewards for it? That's exactly the type of mentality we don't need, people thinking they should be rewarded for doing nothing, is useless, and something I am fine if is removed from the community.

Every other person, when hearing the plan for the start of QORT chain, has been fine with it, and has asked relevant questions and/or just been excited. You are the only one so far to be upset by it, which leads me to believe you really are a type that feels entitled to becoming a millionaire from doing nothing. I personally can't stand that mindset.

ALSO -

I don't know where you're coming up with this 'endless minting' nonsense, I never said that. The initial minting accounts, which will be given to QORA supporters, and will obtain the whole of the block rewards of the system, until the PoL algo is implemented. At that point a portion will go to liquidity providers, and another portion to minters.

As far as the 'unlimited supply', yes, it will be unlimited, as there will always be a need for the system to have coins to use for the trade portal orders, etc. However, the supply will be definitely very slow to grow overall, and the 'active supply' should be much lower than QORA was for a very long time.

people forget that coins get lost, accounts get lost forever, etc... This cannot be a deciding factor in the length of time a trade platform can function. Therefore the 'no cap' on the supply in the QORT service token (coin) is something that will ensure the platform can run 'forever'. I think this is pretty important, don't you?

I don't know what your comment about a premine has to do with anything...

THE COIN WILL LAUNCH FROM BLOCK 0, WITH NO COINS.

Users who supported QORA, can obtain minting accounts which will obtain the block rewards.

Initially, there will need to be a solid supportive group that has majority to ensure that the chain isn't attacked by a malicious force. Therefore, founder accounts are a necessity while the project is new and small.

You have a problem with the devs getting a reward for developing a truly decentralized trade platform unlike anyone has ever seen from scratch? Yet, at the same time, you would like to be rewarded for nothing? Your words are making a whole lot of no sense to me.

Good luck to you as well!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 »
  Print  

Jump to: