Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:19:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network  (Read 249389 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Beoga
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1141

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 06:34:23 PM

I really would like to know this before I send my coin. they are at several addresses in the wallet... are all theese addresses all covered by the seed or do I need for each address something like a priv key?

thx a lot

I have a seed with 44 characters long. It recovers all 13 adresses in my QORA wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2019, 11:11:45 PM

If we have Qora on more than one address, should we make a separate transaction for each address or first move them all to one address and then make only a single transaction to the genesis address?

My suggestion here would be to combine them into a single address, then burn from that one. That way it is easier to keep track of on the QORT chain. Also, the larger amount you burn from one address, the larger chunk of the % of each block you obtain.

Overall it won't matter if you do it either or way... you will still end up with the end result being the same. However, if you do it from one address, you will get a bigger 'weight' of the reward % dedicated to those who burned QORA in every block on QORT chain.

Hopefully this helps.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2019, 11:12:41 PM

I really would like to know this before I send my coin. they are at several addresses in the wallet... are all theese addresses all covered by the seed or do I need for each address something like a priv key?

thx a lot

I have a seed with 44 characters long. It recovers all 13 adresses in my QORA wallet.

Correct. The seed you import is the seed that contains all of the addresses in your wallet. Which will then be converted to QORT addresses, and rewarded as they should be.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2019, 11:19:34 PM
Merited by tyz (2)

Is there a disadvantage if you don't do the transition before the start of the new chain, but at a later point in time?
So I think it will no sence to burn QORA after they start QORT.

But this would mean that all who do not transition before start will not be able to transition Qora afterwards, right?

I am having problems to sync wallet with my current peers. Is there a list of good peers available?

Correct, those who do not burn BEFORE the launch of the QORT chain, will not be able to take part in the transition.

However, becoming a minter on the QORT chain is going to be relatively simple and 'quick' at first, until the necessary steps and time are increased as the platform grows...

So, even those who for one reason or another miss the transition burn date, will still be able to become a minter during initial phase 1 of the launch, and start earning QORT in that fashion.

As the launch continues, and the next phases are completed, earning QORT in multiple other ways, and other accounts capable of leveling for larger reward and influence will be implemented.

We needed the chain to start with 0 QORT, and the only way to accomplish this was to do the transition in the manner proposed.

Also, we wanted to reward the QORA holders, as well as the forgers.

We wanted to keep the process totally decentralized, not reliant upon a person to verify and issue anything.

We wanted to relieve the reliance upon the old QORA chain as much as possible, not having to continually monitor it... thus the burn became a reality.

-ANN- Updates to the QORT information website - with added option to buy QORT Device 'qroTecTor' Gen 1 directly on the site with BTC.

https://qortal.org/index.php/device-info/ - new device info page with BTC purchase options

https://qortal.org - main information site with all important links and details on the platform

Donator packages are also available on the site. If you donate, you can obtain a pre-enabled minting account. A pre-enabled level 5 account will save you months of time, and keeping your node verified online.

This 5W device not only contains a ton of off-chain function, tor gateway, and extremely secure wireless router, but also will be pre-setup with QORT, and all other services, allowing you to run a low-power device as your minting account, thus being rewarded without having to run a full computer, and staying online by simply keeping the device connected to the internet. Whether you use it as your actual router or not, you can make use of all of the device's functionality.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
urhgaclax

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2019, 09:03:01 AM

If we have Qora on more than one address, should we make a separate transaction for each address or first move them all to one address and then make only a single transaction to the genesis address?

My suggestion here would be to combine them into a single address, then burn from that one. That way it is easier to keep track of on the QORT chain. Also, the larger amount you burn from one address, the larger chunk of the % of each block you obtain.

Overall it won't matter if you do it either or way... you will still end up with the end result being the same. However, if you do it from one address, you will get a bigger 'weight' of the reward % dedicated to those who burned QORA in every block on QORT chain.

Hopefully this helps.
Thanks for the clarification.
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
November 17, 2019, 10:27:53 AM

However, becoming a minter on the QORT chain is going to be relatively simple and 'quick' at first, until the necessary steps and time are increased as the platform grows...

So, even those who for one reason or another miss the transition burn date, will still be able to become a minter during initial phase 1 of the launch, and start earning QORT in that fashion.

As the launch continues, and the next phases are completed, earning QORT in multiple other ways, and other accounts capable of leveling for larger reward and influence will be implemented.

What are the requirements for using a minting account?
I mean could it be possible to mint from a local home PC with this account without having a static IP address?
What about VPS , would it be secure enough to setup the account on a remotely hosted VPS and mint from there?

This 5W device not only contains a ton of off-chain function, tor gateway, and extremely secure wireless router, but also will be pre-setup with QORT, and all other services, allowing you to run a low-power device as your minting account, thus being rewarded without having to run a full computer, and staying online by simply keeping the device connected to the internet. Whether you use it as your actual router or not, you can make use of all of the device's functionality.

Is it required for the device to be plugged into internet the whole time?
Is it required to have a static public IP address when using a device to mint?
I ask this because lot of internet  service providers do not offer static IP or they charge a lot for obtaining one.
In case the users are not owning a static IP they get disconnected at least once within 24 hour period an the IP changes then.

Can you tell me more about shipping?
Are you shipping this devices from US worldwide?
I ask because in this case there could be a requirement to pay some customs tax which could actually double the price of your
device when purchased (shipped) outside of US.

Thanks.

meyer

Activity: 523
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 17, 2019, 10:29:00 PM

thx a lot

exactly what i wanted to know... thx

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
EUROPECOIN ERC  BITTREX  BLEUTRADE  EUROPECOIN WEB  TWITTER  QUICKFACTS  CLOUDSTAKING  NSA
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

meyer

Activity: 523
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 17, 2019, 10:29:52 PM

thx a lot

Correct. The seed you import is the seed that contains all of the addresses in your wallet. Which will then be converted to QORT addresses, and rewarded as they should be.

perfect.... thx and good luck with qort

EUROPECOIN ERC  BITTREX  BLEUTRADE  EUROPECOIN WEB  TWITTER  QUICKFACTS  CLOUDSTAKING  NSA

rob77sk

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 18, 2019, 10:08:11 PM

what is the deadline to burn QORA ?
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 19, 2019, 07:04:09 AM

I mean could it be possible to mint from a local home PC with this account without having a static IP address?
What about VPS , would it be secure enough to setup the account on a remotely hosted VPS and mint from there?

I ask this because lot of internet  service providers do not offer static IP or they charge a lot for obtaining one.
In case the users are not owning a static IP they get disconnected at least once within 24 hour period an the IP changes then.

I ask because in this case there could be a requirement to pay some customs tax which could actually double the price of your

Thanks.

Yes you need the device plugged in to the internet the entire time. I think you have some downtime allotment though.
You can use a VPS for sure. Any computer will work too. The qroTecTor box is just the most efficient with preinstalled images and extra dev stuff to speed up the box.
No need for a Static IP as you just need to reach the peers to Mint and show you are online. Tor would make this irrelevant.
They ship worldwide from what I have read. Customs are unavoidable, VPS would be a better scenario at that point.
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2019, 05:43:16 PM

Thanks.

- you do not need a static IP in order to mint, you will simply issue a reward share transaction which in turn places your node into a queue that verifies internet by issue of a timestamp that needs to be verified within a certain amount of time. it doesn't require anything more aside from the initial enabling of the minting, which requires either being a QORA forger, or being sponsored by a level 5 or higher account or a founder for an initial period of 5 days.

your node simply needs to be sync'd, connected to the net, and 'enabled' with the special transaction.

- again static IP is not necessary. internet connectivity, blockchain sync, and issuing a specific transaction one time to be enabled once your account is already minting-enabled.

- minters can have brief lapses in internet connectivity by design, to allow for PC to update, etc... so do not worry if you have a brief loss of connectivity, as long as you're back online and going within 5 min, you will not lose credit for being online.

-shipping for the device I've set at 15$ for US people, 25 for anywhere else, however if you believe it could be cheaper to you in some way just let me know and if so I'll have no issue refunding the extra.

eventually we will have multiple shipping locations so can potentially modify the prices further but initially my location will be doing the majority of the outgoing shipments. until we obtain too many orders for my location to keep up with.

as far as customs, if you know of a method to ship to your location in cheaper fashion, we can discuss it if you make a purchase.

let me know if you need anything else.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2019, 05:46:00 PM

what is the deadline to burn QORA ?

The deadline isn't fully set in stone at the moment, it just has to be done prior to the QORT launch.

At the moment the launch is planned for on or around December 1. However, may be just a little beyond that.

I want to make sure everyone has adequate time to prepare in every way.

We will keep everyone updated.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2019, 05:53:03 PM

Thanks.

Yes you need the device plugged in to the internet the entire time. I think you have some downtime allotment though.
You can use a VPS for sure. Any computer will work too. The qroTecTor box is just the most efficient with preinstalled images and extra dev stuff to speed up the box.
No need for a Static IP as you just need to reach the peers to Mint and show you are online. Tor would make this irrelevant.
They ship worldwide from what I have read. Customs are unavoidable, VPS would be a better scenario at that point.

I wouldn't necessarily say a 'better' scenario... I personally LOVE the device, and think many other people will love it as well.

I am more than willing to figure something out for those of you that have issues getting things shipped into your country. I have done things like this in the past to get shipments into places that are notoriously difficult.

I would be stoked if everyone in the community got a device, and got to see how awesome it is. Can't wait for the next generations either.

-[ development update ]-

We are testing the newest testnet version of the QORT backend, have multiple sync'd nodes and now testing the auto-update feature (yet another feature that most other blockchains do not have.)

Everything runs flawlessly on the device, had a few little hiccups that we easily fixed, and I haven't had a single issue since. Everything looking great.

We should have a final test UI done within the week, and will be able to demo a few things, and provide a gateway for those of you who donated to the device, or are a founder, so that you can generate your new account to be included in the genesis block.

I would like to have a method to 'transfer levels' in the system as well, and am discussing that with cat. Just in case a key gets compromised from someone letting someone see it, or something like that, I think the ability for levels to be transferred is a good one. Also just in case a donator wasn't able to generate their account prior to genesis, etc... Will update further on this.

Overall - everything is looking quite good, and I am extremely excited that 4+ years of work is finally getting started.

I am behind on getting the new ANN created, mainly because I'm likely thinking too much about it, and should just get started on it and it'll come together. Apologies for this, but I should have it up soon.

(I am going back through the recent pages of the thread to see if I missed any other questions, you can always PM me as well. Thanks!)

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
Beoga
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 12:32:13 PM

I would suggest you to open new thread so you will be able to modificate first post with actual information.
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2019, 10:20:45 PM

I would suggest you to open new thread so you will be able to modificate first post with actual information.

The new ANN is in progress now. Thank you.

I should have it put up within the next couple days, I am having a few infographics put together as well.

I can edit the first post of this, but I want to do the QORT ANN so people are aware of the Phase 1 launch right around the corner.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 04:09:16 PM

I would like to have a method to 'transfer levels' in the system as well, and am discussing that with cat. Just in case a key gets compromised from someone letting someone see it, or something like that, I think the ability for levels to be transferred is a good one. Also just in case a donator wasn't able to generate their account prior to genesis, etc... Will update further on this.
This is a fantastic idea! I was thinking about this scenario, too, because sometimes, it just happens that a seed is compromized, or you can't be 100% certain it isn't. So, it's kind of important to have the option to do this in case it becomes necessary. Thumbs up for this!

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
Beoga
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 04:59:17 PM

Is it possible to test QORT node in testnet right now? It would be good idea to be sure that all will work properly.
airkit

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 01:48:35 PM

Send me a pm if you want to buy some qora. I'm selling some.
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 05:52:08 AM

Is it possible to test QORT node in testnet right now? It would be good idea to be sure that all will work properly.
That should be coming out soon, they do have one running and showing stats. A few people on discord tunneled in and got to preview. From what I read in discord it will auto update source too now and they are working on being able to port your mint levels to different accounts. Incredible amount of work being done!
airkit

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 06:05:49 AM

The block explorer is out of sync. It says the last block was 152 hours 14 mins 55 secs ago.

http://node5.qora.org/index/blockexplorer.html

Pages: « 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 »
  Print  

Jump to: