Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:47:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [DC] Dark Clam |BOUNTY ->| We need more developers. | J-D wager |  (Read 25868 times)
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 10:44:29 PM

I think it would make the most sense to have the distribution be ongoing, in a similar way to Bitcoin distribution, with regularly halvenings.

* The first 10 million wagered CLAMs claimed get 1 DC each.
 * The 2nd 10 million wagered CLAMs claimed get 0.5 DC each.
 * The 3rd 10 million wagered CLAMs claimed get 0.25 DC each.
 * And so on.

That way you have a known fixed money supply of 20 million DC, you incentivize people to claim earlier rather than later, and you have an ongoing supply to keep people interested. You just pre-mine 20 million DC, keep most of them in a well-known "unclaimed" address, then everyone can see how many are still to be claimed.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andulolika (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 11:00:51 PM

I think it would make the most sense to have the distribution be ongoing, in a similar way to Bitcoin distribution, with regularly halvenings.

* And so on.

That way you have a known fixed money supply of 20 million DC, you incentivize people to claim earlier rather than later, and you have an ongoing supply to keep people interested. You just pre-mine 20 million DC, keep most of them in a well-known "unclaimed" address, then everyone can see how many are still to be claimed.
Thats a really interesting point of view, i believe we do have timestamp for claims so it should be all good, ill be looking further into this.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 11:17:54 PM

* And so on.

i like this idea, as it would seem to stem the 2 original CLAM issues that ended up evolving as the coin carried on (non-fixed supply/ late diggers)
course i may be wrong, my understanding of CLAM is obviously dwarfed to your's Doog haha

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
bhokor
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 06:26:08 PM

Hi all, yesterday i claimed in JD for my dark clams and the bot answered me ok i have some balance pending but when i go to the website i am not still here in the list , how often is the list updated?, i like the idea of the three halving , do we have actually some ETA for the launch ?
thank you
andulolika (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 07:30:18 PM

Hi all, yesterday i claimed in JD for my dark clams and the bot answered me ok i have some balance pending but when i go to the website i am not still here in the list , how often is the list updated?, i like the idea of the three halving , do we have actually some ETA for the launch ?
thank you
Each 24h its updated, it says it on the site tough. We dont have an ETA because the coin has few hidden features we didnt made known yet :p.

⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 04:38:15 AM

* And so on.

Thats a really interesting point of view, i believe we do have timestamp for claims so it should be all good, ill be looking further into this.

I would be surprised if you already had 10 million wagered CLAMs' worth of claims yet. Did you? There's only 25 million wagered so far in total.

Edit: my point is that if you didn't then all claims so far will get rewarded 1:1 and so timestamps don't matter.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
andulolika (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 05:22:46 AM

* And so on.

I would be surprised if you already had 10 million wagered CLAMs' worth of claims yet. Did you? There's only 25 million wagered so far in total.

Edit: my point is that if you didn't then all claims so far will get rewarded 1:1 and so timestamps don't matter.
ive been trying to know the supply real time for a while, it will eventually be on the site, eitherway i think we are close enough to the 10m or atleast we would be if TT finishes claiming.

cryptospout

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 11:22:01 AM

when this coin is truly a coin and not an asset I will be opening a faucet for the coin. Until then wager some clams for the distribution. Don't have any clams to wager? Earn some here: https://cryptospout.com/offer_wall/clam_offer_wall.html
Evil-Dragon

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 11:42:03 AM

Let's just say I have a lot of horses, I need to communicate to them secretly. We're having a meeting tonight by the watering hole. Can dark clams help my situation?

Neigh me back ASAP.
andulolika (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 02:13:11 PM

Let's just say I have a lot of horses, I need to communicate to them secretly. We're having a meeting tonight by the watering hole. Can dark clams help my situation?

Neigh me back ASAP.
You could pay the ride with darkclam anonymously.

Evil-Dragon

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 03:31:08 PM

Neigh me back ASAP.

Do you like hay? We have stables full of it. We are open to neighotiating.
andulolika (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 03:49:33 PM

Neigh me back ASAP.

Lol we would be pioneering the hay market on cryptos.

Dank Frank

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Too Weird to Live. Too Rare to Die...

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 03:54:13 PM

I hope there's a bright future for this coin. I wagered a shitload of clams.  Smiley
Evil-Dragon

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 04:33:37 PM

Neigh me back ASAP.

Lol we would be pioneering the hay market on cryptos.

I suggest a name such as HayRoad 2 for all this horsing around. Hay should be a primary currency with the ability to exchange to Carrots as another form of fiat.

Giddy up.
daxxog

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 11:34:49 PM

Total amount claimed is now live on darkclam.com. You can also sort the columns in the genesis section.

To the future!
andulolika (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 06:29:39 PM

Total amount claimed is now live on darkclam.com. You can also sort the columns in the genesis section.

To the future!
^ our dev daxxog.

Over 9.1m claimed, this week we will drop and do a vote, after that we will normally follow our road.

thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 06:54:24 PM

To the future!
^ our dev daxxog.

Over 9.1m claimed, this week we will drop and do a vote, after that we will normally follow our road.

That is quite a bit, and unlike the original Clam these are likely to be all claimed.

I think this distribution method is a mistake and would prefer to see the total initial supply under 500,000

It would have been nice to do a more even distribution, say 500 Dark Clam for every JD user before a certain date.

I am not clear why giving the largest gamblers the most coins is desirable.

When the real coin goes live do you plan to make it POS like Clam?
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 06:57:44 PM

To the future!
^ our dev daxxog.

That is quite a bit, and unlike the original Clam these are likely to be all claimed.

I think this distribution method is a mistake and would prefer to see the total initial supply under 500,000

It would have been nice to do a more even distribution, say 500 Dark Clam for every JD user before a certain date.

I am not clear why giving the largest gamblers the most coins is desirable.

i agree with wondering if "rewarding the biggest gamblers" is best, but i hope to see the poll come of something with that
i also wonder about pos? will it be static reward? and if so, same as clam, or different? Wink
anxiously awaiting launch!

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
daxxog

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 04:56:53 AM

The coin will first be live on the Counterparty blockchain (XCP). Later on we will move it onto the existing CLAM blockchain with my new PoBS system for rewards and a custom VM (think ETH) for all transactions. On top of that we plan on making it fully anonymous (think XMR).

So in the end you are getting the best of CLAM, XCP, ETH, and XMR all in one coin.

WTF is PoBS?
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/daxxog/9fe4b14946a2f0cf49c2/raw/burningstake

On the topic of initial XCP distribution (aka drop):
When the coin drops (very soon) we will hold a vote for everyone who claimed to see what they want to see happen. If they want to see more darkclam at maybe a lower claim rate as doog suggested, we certainly can do that. Otherwise I will burn everything that is left over and lock the asset supply until PoBS is ready.
Bitcoininspace

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 09:09:21 AM

The only way I can see this getting abused is by users playing 98.99% win chance and spamming a lot of wagered to be able to get more coins.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: