Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:10:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XVG] Verge - Speculation & Discussion  (Read 243649 times)
p75formula

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 04:56:03 PM

OK so here it is.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1365894.msg14618727#msg14618727

Not really sure what the deal is with this and don't even really think it's a big deal. I was just reading the thread and read that post and was going "WTF. I remember this." LOL
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mondrakete

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 05:27:52 PM

OK so here it is.

Not really sure what the deal is with this and don't even really think it's a big deal. I was just reading the thread and read that post and was going "WTF. I remember this." LOL

That's mysterious!  Huh
giantkin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 05:37:45 PM

OK so here it is.

You got a stalker?

http://choicehost.biz  Domains and DIY -hosting   I save $5 or so, for each domain a year.  (Compared to other Domain Registrars)
Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 06:36:06 PM

Happy Halving Day everybody!  Grin

Now....This will seperate the gnatpoop and the pepper.
Miners won't mine this at a 10 sat value......I'll go mine something else and buy it.  Grin

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
TheSignsGuy

Activity: 318
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 06:54:59 PM

OK so here it is.

You got a stalker?

Maybe somebody just re-posting intelligent comments to get their activity level up a bit?
p75formula

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 07:12:24 PM

I don't know for sure what it is. Just felt like I should point it out.

I may have to charge for the content. Tongue
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 01:48:21 AM

I don't know for sure what it is. Just felt like I should point it out.

I may have to charge for the content. Tongue

Well, he_she does have a yobit signature. According to the Yobit signature thread, he_she owes you 0.0003 BTC Wink

" ★ Hero Member:         0.00030 BTC per constructive post. "
Dev_Sempak_coin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 03:23:27 AM

halving done, new wallet release, the mandatory update at block 380.000 maybe 3days Roll Eyes
hope price back to 50sat

Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2016, 11:35:42 AM

Just wish it would move off this endless 10~11 sats.
Damn, go up .....go down....go SOMEWHERE!   Roll Eyes

(doubt seriously it will go down.)

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 08:25:48 PM

It is moving now.  50 would be great.

I love Bitcoin
CryptoRekt

Activity: 377

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 11:04:24 AM

From the main thread:

Excellent coin with an amazing developer but with one single major flaw.

Too many coins.

I will get a lot of hate and post might get deleted but sometimes tough love is what's needed.

most of our coins have already been produced.. we're only making something like 9 million coins a day now.

it's not made to get everyone rich right away, it's a privacy tool/currency, designed to be open to anyone.

I respect your opinion since with a lower quantity it may appear to be more scarce, therefore more valuable, but I do not believe that Verge has "too many" coins.

A bigger issue could be if there were "too few" coins, which would necessitate the need to go into the decimals to use them, which would work of course, but be less convenient.

If something costs 15 XVG, 150 XVG, 1500 XVG, or 15000 XVG, it doesn't seem that big a deal, where .00015 XVG may be.

Long term, having more coins may be a benefit when Verge's distribution increases.

It may even be psychologically advantageous since it feels kind of good to have a bunch of something, even though a lower quantity could have the same value.
I'd be in favor of removing some decimal amounts. What you say about psychological advantage is really true. 8 decimal places makes Bitcoin so unfriendly and "techy". Ending at .01 would be much easier IMHO. I'd love an update doing this.

There will be no update that would 'magically' remove coins from the available supply. The standing supply cap was created such that there would be a possibility of wide spread distribution. They only remotely conceivable way to reduce coin supply would be to, as a community, agree to take coins off the market and send them off the a burn address, which frankly a vast majority of us who've been here longer then 4 days would not be interested in doing.

Personally i have no problems with the standing supply.

Take into consideration that -- DOGE -- Has 104,234,666,300 coins in circulation right now and their current standing average sat level is between 48-57 sats.

While i do understand the 'psychological' aspect of what a large number can do to someone's mind i also understand that you cannot just post an update that would swipe an undisclosed amount of coins from people(s) wallets in an effort to reduce the overall coin supply such that current standing bag holders would then get 'rich'(loosely used term); people would immediately bail.

Not to mention the fact that -- Lets say in an extremely hypothetical situation the coin supply did get reduced; there would still have to be a standing demand for the currency in the first place. You could reduce, burn, destroy, eliminate coins in what ever fashion you want but if there is no standing demand then the price remains the same.

This is an investment which means you should have already come to the understanding and acknowledged all of the facts and benefits of being an investor of this currency. This includes accepting the overall coin supply, the technology that is backing the currency, the purpose/goals and any other aspects of the coin there for if you do not like an aspect that cannot be changed you should have not invested in the first place.

Changing the coin supply is never going to happen.

Cheers-
Rekt

///// [XVG] VERGE [Multi-Algo] \\\\\
_///// TOR . I2P . LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB . WEBSITE . RADIO . IRC \\\\\_
ttookk

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 06:53:24 PM

looks like someone dumped a crapton of XVG on bittrex. Everybody got their 10 sat buy orders filled?  Grin
CryptoRekt

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 09:26:50 PM

looks like someone dumped a crapton of XVG on bittrex. Everybody got their 10 sat buy orders filled?  Grin

Yes but look at the additional 12 BTC in support that was listed last night @ 11 and 10 sats. Good things are coming

_///// TOR . I2P . LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB . WEBSITE . RADIO . IRC \\\\\_
QuasiKurdo

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 10:56:34 PM

Yes but look at the additional 12 BTC in support that was listed last night @ 11 and 10 sats. Good things are coming

Good things are coming

Good things are coming

Every time you told this. After rename to VERGE "The Hype is real", after new wallet, after algo Change, after halving......
Hunterwolfie

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 11:04:09 PM

From the main thread:

Too many coins.

I will get a lot of hate and post might get deleted but sometimes tough love is what's needed.

most of our coins have already been produced.. we're only making something like 9 million coins a day now.

it's not made to get everyone rich right away, it's a privacy tool/currency, designed to be open to anyone.

I respect your opinion since with a lower quantity it may appear to be more scarce, therefore more valuable, but I do not believe that Verge has "too many" coins.

A bigger issue could be if there were "too few" coins, which would necessitate the need to go into the decimals to use them, which would work of course, but be less convenient.

If something costs 15 XVG, 150 XVG, 1500 XVG, or 15000 XVG, it doesn't seem that big a deal, where .00015 XVG may be.

Long term, having more coins may be a benefit when Verge's distribution increases.

It may even be psychologically advantageous since it feels kind of good to have a bunch of something, even though a lower quantity could have the same value.
I'd be in favor of removing some decimal amounts. What you say about psychological advantage is really true. 8 decimal places makes Bitcoin so unfriendly and "techy". Ending at .01 would be much easier IMHO. I'd love an update doing this.

There will be no update that would 'magically' remove coins from the available supply. The standing supply cap was created such that there would be a possibility of wide spread distribution. They only remotely conceivable way to reduce coin supply would be to, as a community, agree to take coins off the market and send them off the a burn address, which frankly a vast majority of us who've been here longer then 4 days would not be interested in doing.

Take into consideration that -- DOGE -- Has 104,234,666,300 coins in circulation right now and their current standing average sat level is between 48-57 sats.

While i do understand the 'psychological' aspect of what a large number can do to someone's mind i also understand that you cannot just post an update that would swipe an undisclosed amount of coins from people(s) wallets in an effort to reduce the overall coin supply such that current standing bag holders would then get 'rich'(loosely used term); people would immediately bail.

Not to mention the fact that -- Lets say in an extremely hypothetical situation the coin supply did get reduced; there would still have to be a standing demand for the currency in the first place. You could reduce, burn, destroy, eliminate coins in what ever fashion you want but if there is no standing demand then the price remains the same.

This is an investment which means you should have already come to the understanding and acknowledged all of the facts and benefits of being an investor of this currency. This includes accepting the overall coin supply, the technology that is backing the currency, the purpose/goals and any other aspects of the coin there for if you do not like an aspect that cannot be changed you should have not invested in the first place.

Cheers-
Rekt

Sorry, this discussion does belong to the main thread and not on here as I wasn't talking about price.

While I appreciate that you are passionate about the subject, sometimes "new and fresh insights and input" are what's needed to give a good project that is stagnating that little extra push it needs.

Say what you want, but I don't see XVG to be in the same league as doge.

I see XVG to be on par with the heavy hitters of crypto.

Regards.
p75formula

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 12:13:33 AM

Coin supply is the most misunderstood and irrelevant factors. There are not too many coins.

If the Market Cap remains constant, and there's half as many coins the price is twice as high.

If the Market Cap remains constant, there's twice as many coins the price is half.

Market Cap and rate at which new coins are distributed through mining is what matters. If you want the price to go up, more new money needs to flow in faster than people cash out. It's as simple as that.

Let's say, I create P75 coin. Guess what, there's only one available and I have it. Therefore it's rare right. Rare means worth more right? WRONG. If you'll give me one dollar, WOW that's awesome my coin's worth 1 dollar. Sound pretty good right except it's not. The market cap is now one Dollar and no one is going to give a shit.

Scarcity in Crypto is way too misunderstood and is often used as noob bait. Look at 42 coin. One of the most useless coins ever invented but it sucked in a bunch of suckers because of "scarcity". Who CARES when we can divide a coin into 100 millionths.

If I invest 1 BTC in VERGE and the market cap goes up, I make money, if the market cap goes down I lose money. That's all that matters.

People really need to start to understand the relationship between Supply, Price and Marketcap.
ttookk

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 02:05:45 AM

Coin supply is the most misunderstood and irrelevant factors. There are not too many coins.

If the Market Cap remains constant, and there's half as many coins the price is twice as high.

If the Market Cap remains constant, there's twice as many coins the price is half.

Market Cap and rate at which new coins are distributed through mining is what matters. If you want the price to go up, more new money needs to flow in faster than people cash out. It's as simple as that.

Let's say, I create P75 coin. Guess what, there's only one available and I have it. Therefore it's rare right. Rare means worth more right? WRONG. If you'll give me one dollar, WOW that's awesome my coin's worth 1 dollar. Sound pretty good right except it's not. The market cap is now one Dollar and no one is going to give a shit.

Scarcity in Crypto is way too misunderstood and is often used as noob bait. Look at 42 coin. One of the most useless coins ever invented but it sucked in a bunch of suckers because of "scarcity". Who CARES when we can divide a coin into 100 millionths.

If I invest 1 BTC in VERGE and the market cap goes up, I make money, if the market cap goes down I lose money. That's all that matters.

People really need to start to understand the relationship between Supply, Price and Marketcap.

True for the most part, but for one thing: Due to it's low value per coin, it scales differently when traded. 10-11 sats is a 10 percent swing.

(I'm not one of those "XVG needs fewer coins" guys btw. I like the swings actually Smiley )
CryptoRekt

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 03:12:55 AM

Good things are coming

Good things are coming

Every time you told this. After rename to VERGE "The Hype is real", after new wallet, after algo Change, after halving......

You're still here ?

I don't believe there has been a time where i've been wrong but you can think what you would like.

Cheers-
Rekt

CryptoRekt

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 03:14:04 AM

From the main thread:

Too many coins.

Cheers-
Rekt

Sorry, this discussion does belong to the main thread and not on here as I wasn't talking about price.

While I appreciate that you are passionate about the subject, sometimes "new and fresh insights and input" are what's needed to give a good project that is stagnating that little extra push it needs.

Say what you want, but I don't see XVG to be in the same league as doge.

I see XVG to be on par with the heavy hitters of crypto.

Regards.

There is nothing "New or Fresh" about bitching over the coin supply.

CryptoRekt

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 03:15:59 AM

But P75 - Supply and demand is such a hard concept to understand.. (lol)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: