Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:20:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XVG] Verge - Speculation & Discussion  (Read 243649 times)
Scalefreak

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 05:29:50 AM

There has been some rumors that Monero is not really anonymous. May some people will switch to Verge, which would be amazing.

It's not just a rumor. Even when monero devs were shown ip addresses of users and their locations, they continued to deny it. That is also bad. If it were my I would at least acknowledge what was in front of me and the entire rest of the world and say something about working on fixing the problem, but not these guys. Kind of wacky, imo.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Scalefreak

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 05:38:57 AM

kel-alt - Aug 9 - Fungibility - One Verge is capable of being substituted for another Verge. I don't understand your English reading skills. My take is exactly like the sentence right before you claim Verge is not interchangeable with itself.
I am stunned by what looks to me like a serious misreading of what you read.

Nope, incorrect...it would seem given that someone else also corrected you on mistaking economic divisibility for fungibility so either you do not understand fungbility or you don't understand what you wrote:

That is not what fungibility means. It means that one item of such currency is indivisible from another in the sense that one coin cannot be distinguished from another.

An example would be two 100 dollar bills. One was used in the transaction of illegal drugs, the other in the purchase of a chair. You cannot see just by looking at them which was used for which. [...] And then certain companies can say, we will not touch coins that were part of an illicit transaction. Even if this was not done by you, but by a different owner of that coin.
-dazbog835

However it seems dazbog835 doesn't quite understand traceability or linkability. Most coins are not fungible, they fail what I will call the 'WannaCry Test'. Let's say I have an address known to be associated with a WannaCry hacker which we will refer to as a WannaCry Address. The question then for the test is, can I tell if coin is being sent from the WannaCry address to say, an exchange (miners can also refuse to accept such transactions in their block as well by the way). BitCoin the answer is yes it fails the test as ShapeShift and other exchanges have announced they blacklisted the BitCoin WannaCry addresses.

Verge's ledger follows the same set of protocols as BitCoin, it does not hide the true sender and true receiver from anyone viewing the blockchain. Thus, if WannaCry used Verge instead, exchanges and miners would still successfully blacklist the Verge-based coin because they only need a wallet address, not an IP address.

I can tell by the verbiage of this poster who it is. He's an xmr dev. Some of you from Twitter will recognize his dead giveaways. Go away man. You got called out on your anonymity issues. Focus on fixing that instead of being a jerk.
supertee

Activity: 689
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 06:33:39 AM

People stopped responding because it's just some troll trying to safe his coin.  Wink

Passion.
Scalefreak

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 09:23:50 AM

kel-alt - Aug 9 - Fungibility - One Verge is capable of being substituted for another Verge. I don't understand your English reading skills. My take is exactly like the sentence right before you claim Verge is not interchangeable with itself.

Nope, incorrect...it would seem given that someone else also corrected you on mistaking economic divisibility for fungibility so either you do not understand fungbility or you don't understand what you wrote:

That is not what fungibility means. It means that one item of such currency is indivisible from another in the sense that one coin cannot be distinguished from another.

An example would be two 100 dollar bills. One was used in the transaction of illegal drugs, the other in the purchase of a chair. You cannot see just by looking at them which was used for which. [...] And then certain companies can say, we will not touch coins that were part of an illicit transaction. Even if this was not done by you, but by a different owner of that coin.
-dazbog835

However it seems dazbog835 doesn't quite understand traceability or linkability. Most coins are not fungible, they fail what I will call the 'WannaCry Test'. Let's say I have an address known to be associated with a WannaCry hacker which we will refer to as a WannaCry Address. The question then for the test is, can I tell if coin is being sent from the WannaCry address to say, an exchange (miners can also refuse to accept such transactions in their block as well by the way). BitCoin the answer is yes it fails the test as ShapeShift and other exchanges have announced they blacklisted the BitCoin WannaCry addresses.

Verge's ledger follows the same set of protocols as BitCoin, it does not hide the true sender and true receiver from anyone viewing the blockchain. Thus, if WannaCry used Verge instead, exchanges and miners would still successfully blacklist the Verge-based coin because they only need a wallet address, not an IP address.

I can tell by the verbiage of this poster who it is. He's an xmr dev. Some of you from Twitter will recognize his dead giveaways. Go away man. You got called out on your anonymity issues. Focus on fixing that instead of being a jerk.
Yep, I'm xmrscott on Reddit and I make no real attempts to hide it, but I'm not even a Monero dev. How about no? Stop shilling privacy lies on Twitter and r/Cryptocurrency and then I might consider it. The entire reason I started talking on Verge and here was because I got fed up with people telling blatant lies about the privacy of Verge and other coin. Sorry you don't like a spade being called a spade, but perhaps the Verge community should focus on fixing ledger transparency and being more private than BitCoin rather than spreading lies.

People stopped responding because it's just some troll trying to safe his coin.  Wink

Or because you know, because they can't refute facts. Tongue
I own very little XMR at any one time and use it for its privacy, not it's speculation month to month. Personally I prefer Total Market ETFs and maxing out tax advantaged accounts with backdoor Roth IRAs over CC's for investment, but to each their own. If I'm trying to do any saving, it's saving people from misinformation some Verge folk spread here, Twitter, and r/CryptoCurrency.

Then what say you of this? Will you refute these monero user ip's as facts or are they "alternative facts"? Or, no no..."alternative anonymity".
https://pastebin.com/PYghYb39
supertee

Activity: 689
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 09:29:30 AM

Don't waste your time. There's been proof that fluffy doesn't know what he is doing back in 2014 and he still doesn't know. When you check Twiter answers to Verge Dev you can clearly see that. It's ok, let them do their thing, I am out of Monero.

Passion.
gvozdik

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:56:27 AM

It is FUD about Verge because whales want buy cheaper before comming new in end august/start september.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:07:42 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2017, 11:26:47 AM by Febo

Then what say you of this? Will you refute these monero user ip's as facts or are they "alternative facts"? Or, no no..."alternative anonymity".
https://pastebin.com/PYghYb39

What is this?
Does Monero maybe hide IP?   Who told you that Monero should hide your IP? Kovri will do that when fully tested.
If you want to hide IP there are million programs to do that. And they exist many years.

It is FUD about Verge because whales want buy cheaper before comming new in end august/start september.

I lately. but not just lately but last months fell total opposite. But now is getting better. May and June were worst.

I am out of Monero.

Dont you think Deep Onion is better then Verge?
novaprime

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

UniDApp - it's DeFi time!

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 01:43:07 PM

I still do not understand why the price of the XVG has fallen so dramatically at this time, most people have sold all the XVG in a very high volume. I think we should not be tempted to sell the XVG at this time because everyone is dumping

it is very simple my friend.
because the whales suppress the price to get more coin,
if you remembered it,back then XVG traded at 2~5 satoshi for each coin.
after they collected a lot of XVG,what happen next ?
a huge boom happened,and that is why the price slowly goes down and being suppressed by them,

XVG at 70s sats, this doesnt look good at all. 50 sats here we come... then 20s...

you really think the bottom is yet to come?

XVG has a lot of development thats why the price goes up. it is just same to xem where it started at 30sats and now we could see it at the peak of 16k satoshi. Whales can control price but supporters of the priject has a lot of factor why the price goes up.
I agree with you, whales are the ones who can decide all because it can be up or down thanks to whales. I think it would be hard for the whale to skip this market because it is now very cheap

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
gvozdik

Activity: 161

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:04:51 PM

Whales onetime destroy world...
Dxs

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:31:01 PM

I agree the crash will continue for verge.

You have to remember, the price is still 70 times higher than 4 months ago.  The graph of verge is a perfect bubble chart, I would expect people to continue to cash out when they realise that even the current price is higher than the future price will be until there will be a recovery (if ever).
Kumo77

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:18:25 AM

News of interest.

New black paper.

https://vergecurrency.com/assets/Verge-Anonymity-Centric-CryptoCurrency.pdf

Verge is going to be the next currency added to coinpouch.

https://twitter.com/coinpouchapp/status/896214147016392704

petrosc

Activity: 180

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:22:41 AM

Verge might be pumping right now....check it out. Hard to tell, its early to judge
Kumo77

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 06:03:05 AM

Verge might be pumping right now....check it out. Hard to tell, its early to judge

Perhaps if enough traders take interest, though some douchenozzle of a whale keeps putting up fake sell walls.

In the meantime, now seems like a good time to load up on cheap xvg.
tave

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:05:23 AM

afther aug xvg going for 500. my prediction

VDechand

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:26:39 AM

afther aug xvg going for 500. my prediction

sorry, are you mean 50? Cheesy
Kumo77

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 01:21:32 PM

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/XVGBTC/eBAeLW0a-XVG-Verge-needs-some-more-time/

I am in agreement with this guy about where it may go, still do your own research and watch those walls. Personally, I am going to buy all the way down.
Kumo77

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 02:53:37 AM

Interesting to see with the alt crash tonight, Verge didn't budge much.

That is some serious HODL.
dazbog835

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:15:54 AM

-dazbog835

Hmm, I thought that's what I was pointing at. Maybe I didn't explain correctly, but yes, I agree with you kamenrunner, this is the exact problem of most coins. I wish there was more discussion on this topic in all of the privacy-centric discussions.

If there's something I don't understand about 'traceability or linkability' would you please explain. I'd like to learn Smiley (no sarcasm)
followmenot

Activity: 533
Merit: 251

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:04:33 PM

I really love Verge and gonna buy more after crash, its my potential Xem for future. I don't really mind market cap as its anon coin and useful for privacy.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
Kumo77

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:49:23 PM

Watching those whales work at stretching that XVG bungee down. If they release it, that sucker is going reach up and bitch slap Pluto.
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: